PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns athletics...take a look

KTJ
11-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Football - Ranked #2 and will probably play for the NC

Men's Basketball - Ranked #2 and will possibly make the Final Four again this year. (also, we signed the #2 and the #8 recruits in the country plus a host of others.)

Baseball - won the NC this past year and will be/should be pre-season ranked #1 and could possibly win it all again this year.

So the 3 Major sports all are ranked in the top 2 in the nation and have a shot at an NC in every single one of these. No other school can claim this.

Then....

Women's Track - National Champions this past year and will be the favorite to repeat.

Softball - Women's College World Series again last year and will be a favorite to go back again this year....some saying a possibility to win the NC.

Women's Basketball - a long of young uns on the team this year but we are still ranked #12. If they can gel, they can go deep this year. Nevertheless, with this recruiting class, they will win the NC in the next 2-3 years.

Volleyball - continuously ranked this entire year. Could have another shot at a Sweet 16 this year.

- Also, plans to increase DKR will start after next season. We will be adding new suits and more seats to the stadium, bringing the capacity close to 92,000.

- The renovations to Disch-Falk Field will begin after next year. (And Augie deserves it)

It's a great time to be a Texas Longhorn, whether you are a student, fan, alumni, faculty member, or just a general fan. What other athletic program can lay claim to these types of accolades in ALL sports?

Phil C
11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Great news KTJ! Also I think we had one of the top recruiting baseball classes in the Country. I think someone had us at No. 3 and we probably would have been No. 1 if Clemens hadn't decided to become an Astro.

Phil C
11-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Also our soccer team made the Sweet 16 in NCAA finals last year and are in this year. The freshmen were rated the No. 3 class in the country I believe so the future in that sport looks great for us.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Great news KTJ! Also I think we had one of the top recruiting baseball classes in the Country. I think someone had us at No. 3 and we probably would have been No. 1 if Clemens hadn't decided to become an Astro.

It was losing Josh Wilson of Whitehouse to the St.Louis Cardinals that kept us from being number one

jakarta101
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
w0w that is just awesome........someone needs to beat the shorthorns!!!!

JasperDog94
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by jakarta101
w0w that is just awesome........someone needs to beat the shorthorns!!!! How original...:rolleyes: :)

htowntransplant
11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
\m/

hookem horns! very impressive stuff.

KTJ
11-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Folks, this techincally deserves a sticky. But I'm not going to harp on that.

:D

Even if you aren't a fan, you just have to be in awe of the UT Athletic program as a whole. And I know there are TONS of things I'm leaving off.

Phil C
11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Another thing that KTJ didnt' mention (and he admitted he only touched on the surface) but our Women's Tennis Team were runner ups in the NCAA championships and our men's cross country team showed great improvement this year losing only to 2005 National Champion Colorado in the Big 12 Tournament this year.

Phil C
11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Jody and her staff have done it again! They just announced four signings for the year. Included is the Nation's No. 3 recruit and Texas top recruit are guard Brittainey Raven of Fort Worth North Crowley High School. UT also signed Vantranique (Niqky) Hughes a forward from Waxahachie who is listed as No. 7 recruit nationally by Basketball Times. Also is guard Gabriel (Gabe) Mattox a forward from Kountze who is listed no. 5 by TexasRoundball. Then there is Kristen Nash a forward from Plano West HS who is listed No. 21 in her position by All-Star Girls Report. Good news indeed!!

Keith7
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Folks, this techincally deserves a sticky. But I'm not going to harp on that.

Even if you aren't a fan, you just have to be in awe of the UT Athletic program as a whole. And I know there are TONS of things I'm leaving off.

Threads and posts like this are what make me secretly root against the Longhorns, its one thing to be proud of your accomplishments but to sit here and brag when everyone already knows your acomplishments is another thing

Whiskey Tough
11-09-2005, 06:48 PM
they have a lot of chinese people too!

KTJ
11-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Threads and posts like this are what make me secretly root against the Longhorns, its one thing to be proud of your accomplishments but to sit here and brag when everyone already knows your acomplishments is another thing

Who's bragging? I'm informing.

Not everyone knows about this stuff. We had posts the past few weeks that didn't even mention the basketball team and their high rankings.

Bragging would be if I said "hey, look at what we're doing and your school sucks." But that's not what I said.

TPlinebacker53
11-09-2005, 07:43 PM
that just shows texas is the greatest

VINCE4HEISMAN
11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
UT all the way this year baby. Baseball and football.

BrahmaDAD70
11-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

"It aint bragging if you do it and you back it up".
Quote - Kid Rock

3afan
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
Its only bragging if you back it up. what?

BMOC
11-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
"It aint bragging if you do it and you back it up".
Quote - Kid Rock

Couldn't have said it better myself.

AggieJohn
11-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by TPlinebacker53
that just shows texas is the greatest
we are a great state huh?

KTJ
11-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by VINCE4HEISMAN
UT all the way this year baby. Baseball and football.

Dude, and basketball. We have a shot at winning the National Championship in basketball. This is the 2nd time you've overlooked this.

We aren't ranked #2 for nothing.

:) :D

GWOOD
11-10-2005, 08:22 AM
As a diehard Red Raider fan, I cannot share the joy with those in orange over the incredible success that the Longhorn athletic program is having this past year. As a proud Texan, I should be able to take some pride in this, but I find that it just has not taken root in my heart.

However, I express regret over my fellow poster's (Keith7) response to your outstanding accomplishments. It is a display of utter jealousy and deep resentment which I just cannot condone.

Therefore, I must give a more dignified response to the notable and distinguished accomplishments by the opponent in my same state..........

BITE ME, YOU STINKIN' LONGHORNS!

Phil C
11-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD

However, I express regret over my fellow poster's (Keith7) response to your outstanding accomplishments. It is a display of utter jealousy and deep resentment which I just cannot condone.

Therefore, I must give a more dignified response to the notable and distinguished accomplishments by the opponent in my same state..........

BITE ME, YOU STINKIN' LONGHORNS!

What for? We already whipped you on the field this year so far in both football and soccer. :D

Phil C
11-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Actually KTJ made it clear in the title about what the thread was about so if you weren't interested why read it? I like to hear accomplishments of the schools. AggieJohn does a great job of keeping us informed about how the Lady Aggie soccer team is doing and sicem keeps us informed how Baylor is doing especially the proud accomplishments of their tennis and women's basketball team. Now if they could just subtle inform everyone about what a great movie Dawn at Socorro is, and why women's college soccer is so wonderful, and why everyone should love me and __________ .