PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 Volleyball scores from around the state

Old Cardinal
11-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Well tonight Barbers Hill a top 3 ranked 3A team sent the Bridge City Cardinals home 25-20, 25-22, and 25-14.
Barbers Hill came in second to Monahans in the final game last year.
If that game happens again this year, I think BH might well be the State Champion. Their #7, Jacqueline Sparks, is the best VB player that I have seen since Natalie Sarver.
Anyone have a score between H-F and Silsbee tonight or results of other games across Texas?

shankbear
11-08-2005, 11:29 PM
A BC coach told me that Silsbee lost. Not confirmed.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2005, 11:37 PM
#2 Bellville on a roll, dominating Groesbeck tonight, 3-0.

RMAC
11-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
#2 Bellville on a roll, dominating Groesbeck tonight, 3-0.

Graham beat Little Elm in 3. On to Lubbock. Let's go Lady Blues.

shankbear
11-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Hamster Fannett did beat Silsbee. BC lost in 3 to The Hill.

RBARKER
11-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Well tonight Barbers Hill a top 3 ranked 3A team sent the Bridge City Cardinals home 25-20, 25-22, and 25-14.
Barbers Hill came in second to Monahans in the final game last year.
If that game happens again this year, I think BH might well be the State Champion. Their #7, Jacqueline Sparks, is the best VB player that I have seen since Natalie Sarver.
Anyone have a score between H-F and Silsbee tonight or results of other games across Texas?

Mrs' sparks is an awesome athelete and this year Homecoming Queen as well. I went and watch her last year and I have never seen a girl spike a ball so hard, pretty impressive to watch.

neck_06
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Sweeny lost to Wimberly in 3 games

RBARKER
11-09-2005, 08:57 AM
BH faces China Springs in the regional quarter finals. Who is Bellville facing HF or Silsbee?

shankbear
11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
HF, they won in 4 sets against Silsbee

RBARKER
11-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
HF, they won in 4 sets against Silsbee

WOW!! Another upset congrats Longhorns

necks
11-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Monahans is head and shoulders above the field this yr....good luck to the region 3 teams left...especially Bellville. If you think Sparks hits hard drive to San Marcos and watch Monahans' Brittany Hughes tag one...unfreakinbelievable.

Rainman
11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Monahans is head and shoulders above the field this yr....good luck to the region 3 teams left...especially Bellville. If you think Sparks hits hard drive to San Marcos and watch Monahans' Brittany Hughes tag one...unfreakinbelievable.

I wonder if you have seen both girls play, or for that matter both teams.

necks
11-09-2005, 12:49 PM
yes i have...on a few occasions..

Old Cardinal
11-09-2005, 12:54 PM
A big Congrats to the Hamshire-Fannett Ladyhorns on beating #7 ranked Silsbee in four! BC and H-F each beat each other in the District race. Look for both teams to do well next year--BC had 4 Sophomores and H-F has a young team also. With BC taking out #13 Palestine and H-F upsetting #7 Silsbee; prospects are good if some of these high enrollment schools end up 4A next season.
I think BH may be too much for H-F and Bellville, but what do I know-- I thought Silsbee would win over H-F.

gobblerfan02
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Is Luling still in the playoffs?

football4life
11-09-2005, 01:00 PM
It doesnt really matter- monahans is probably going to win every single set from here on out. They completely dominated our girls last night, we never got more than 17. That hughes girl is for real, but she also has a very underrated supporting cast. I don't expect anyone to really challenge them much the rest of the way. That was the best v -ball team ive ever seen.

gobblerfan02
11-09-2005, 01:03 PM
wish i could see 'em play!

TMer25
11-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Is Luling still in the playoffs?

Yes they are. I believe they play Goliad at 1 on Friday

LHSEagleFan
11-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Yes, Luling will play Goliad on Friday at Blossom in S.A. at 1 PM.

Old Cardinal
11-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I think several teams will take out Monahans this year given the chance. BH has a team of players and subs that all play on the Greater Houston area elite year round VB teams. They are possibly much stronger than the team that lost to Monahans in the State Championship final game last season. We will just have to see what happens....

Rainman
11-09-2005, 02:02 PM
It doesnt really matter- monahans is probably going to win every single set from here on out. They completely dominated our girls last night, we never got more than 17. That hughes girl is for real, but she also has a very underrated supporting cast. I don't expect anyone to really challenge them much the rest of the way. That was the best v -ball team ive ever seen.

They are very good, but so is a number of teams throughout the state and Monahans will lose a set between now and the end of it all.

Rainman
11-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Baytown Sun Article on the Bridge City and Barbers Hill game.

http://www.baytownsun.com/story.lasso?wcd=23660

justlikesports
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Hey football4life, thanks for the comments about the Lady Loboes. Brittany is a fabulous player, but you are so right about her supporting cast. They sometime get lost in the hoopla. It is definitely a TEAM sport. Can't have all those kills without good passes and sets. Congrats to ALL the Lady Loboes. GO GREEN!!!!

GreenMonster
11-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Pilot Point girls defeated the Iowa Park girls last night 3 games to 1. Great season Lady Hawks, now get after it on the Hoops floor.

44INAROW
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by LHSEagleFan
Yes, Luling will play Goliad on Friday at Blossom in S.A. at 1 PM.

Good Luck to the Lady Eagles :clap: :clap:

westtxfballfan
11-09-2005, 05:25 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It doesnt really matter- monahans is probably going to win every single set from here on out. They completely dominated our girls last night, we never got more than 17. That hughes girl is for real, but she also has a very underrated supporting cast. I don't expect anyone to really challenge them much the rest of the way. That was the best v -ball team ive ever seen."

I was surprised at the Canyon score as I expected a much closer match. Hughes has started ( and starred) for Monahans since she was a freshman. She is the best player Monahans has had since her mother led the team to state championships in 82 and 84. There are 2 players (including Hughes) on this team who's mothers played for those state champion Monahans teams. And I agree: the rest of the team ain't bad either.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
gilmer won 3 games to 1. yes, we play pretty decent volleyball too!!!!!!!

BTEXDAD
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
gilmer won 3 games to 1. yes, we play pretty decent volleyball too!!!!!!!

LOL, thanks for post, lostaussie. I'm with you.
I thought Bellville might have a chance until I read all these threads. Makes me wonder why UIL even has them playing out the brackets. Should just schedule BH and Monahans and send rest of the teams home.

shellman54
11-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Whoa hoss. As I recall, no one from BH has said we already have the state title won. That was Monahans. And in case you missed it on you earlier thread

QUOTE]Originally posted by shellman54
Looks like Bellville and Barbers Hill are going to meet in the Regional finals. Should be a good match-up!!! [/QUOTE]

I give your team all the credit in the world.

KL3
11-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Where are Sparks and Hughes going to play in college?

lobo12
11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
hughes is playing at tech

Old Cardinal
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
I would think that-- Aly Hazelwood and Jacqueline Sparks can go to any college they would choose and get a good scholarship--they are that good!

Hupernikomen
11-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I would think that-- Aly Hazelwood and Jacqueline Sparks can go to any college they would choose and get a good scholarship--they are that good!

Unless they are one of the best 5 or 6 in the country I don't expect they can go to places like Nebraska, Stanford, or UCLA. Those places don't have but just a very few scholarships to offer each year. And those scholarships will only go to the very best of the best. Stanford for example just signed two blue chippers. One is ranked as the #2 recruit in the country and both played on junior oylmpic teams as well as superior select teams in the states of California and Florida.