PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville will get beat

Steer Fever
11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Gainesville has no chance against the stud duo of the vernon backs and the qb has a great arm. Franklin and company better get ready to play cuz there is a butt whoopin on the horizon. It will be a long game for the leopards as the lions are coming to get ya.

V-town 38-G-ville 2

District303aPastPlayer
11-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Steer Fever

V-town 38-G-ville 2

can you point out V-town, Texas and G-ville, Texas to me on the map, as you typed them out... i have never heard of these two towns.

Mustangpride09
11-08-2005, 06:11 PM
are you insane? vernon is terrible. gainesville will make this a slaughter.

HighSchool Fan
11-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Gainesville has no chance against the stud duo of the vernon backs and the qb has a great arm. Franklin and company better get ready to play cuz there is a butt whoopin on the horizon. It will be a long game for the leopards as the lions are coming to get ya.

V-town 38-G-ville 2

i thought you said graham was gonna be gainesville?? evendently your not very good with predictions.

NateDawg39
11-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah Vernon has a CHANCE!!! oh and so does the school for the blind parapalegic catholic school girls!

Bullaholic
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Yeah Vernon has a CHANCE!!! oh and so does the school for the blind parapalegic catholic school girls!

Tell that Steer fan about those boys from Gainesville, Nate---your Eagles got to experience them earlier in the season. Glad the Bulls didn't have to play them this season. Their state champ team a few years ago hung 56 on the Bulls and never looked back. They say this year's team is similar. Don't think Vernon will win this one unless they play a ton above their heads.

NateDawg39
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tell that Steer fan about those boys from Gainesville, Nate---your Eagles got to experience them earlier in the season. Glad the Bulls didn't have to play them this season. Their state champ team a few years ago hung 56 on the Bulls and never looked back. They say this year's team is similar. Don't think Vernon will win this one unless they play a ton above their heads.
They are just as good as the State champ team, but the run game is better and the pass game isnt as strong BUT still above avg. I think Vernon and there coaches will prepare the best way but gameplans dont finish the job! Its in the heart and you have to want it bad enough to take it from em'! Take there pride score score score thats the way you beat these guys. This will be closer than most seem to think though because Vernon has always been good at taken down the big dawgs! Still, I see Gville pullin it out in the end.

injuredinmelee
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
this idiot will never learn will he?

NateDawg39
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Im sure he will be an idiot for a loooooooooooooooong time! Oh well theres always one in the bunch might as well be Steer Fever!

NateDawg39
11-08-2005, 06:34 PM
and that makes 600

RoTex4Life
11-08-2005, 06:45 PM
well its playoffs and anyone and everyone has a chance to win....i dont know much about these teams but anything can happen....look at last year for example....everyone had decatur picked to win the whole thing EASILY and Abilene wylie knocked them off...so anything can happen

gobbler grad
11-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
well its playoffs and anyone and everyone has a chance to win....i dont know much about these teams but anything can happen....look at last year for example....everyone had decatur picked to win the whole thing EASILY and Abilene wylie knocked them off...so anything can happen

your absolutely correct RoTex, anything can and WILL happen...Gainesville makes a big run, but...wait till Dec. 10th to hear the rest of the story...:D :D

sweetwater07
11-08-2005, 08:54 PM

V-town 38-G-ville 2

hahahaha are you kidding me?? please say your joking!!

Paratrooper
11-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I think maybe this thread belongs in the other thread entitled........most lopsided victories. Gainesville rolls big

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-09-2005, 02:20 PM
FYI:

Vernon's Losses

To Altus , Oklahoma (5A) Altus just had a better team, no doubt in this one.

To Wichita Falls (4A) Vernon fumbles inside the 5 with about 2 minutes to go. Had Vernon scored they beat W.F.

To Abilene Wylie - Vernon was overmatched and never sustained anything on offense. Defense was overmatched as well especially through the air. Vernon repleces a safety and a corner since then. Much better play now. Held the passing games of Graham and WF Hirschi. Hirschi as a team is bad but they had a good passing game.

To Iowa Park: IP ran the ball well off the tackles against Vernon. IP's defense shut down Vernon's run and the Lions never got on track passing the ball. Too many dropped balls for Vernon. Lost contain too many times on eth run. Although they stepped it up against Graham.

To Breckenridge: Fumbled inside the 5 again. Gave up the long play that cost them 7 points, had a punt blocked and Breck scored. Penalties killed several promising drives. Had a TD called back with less than 1 min to play. The Lions should have won this game.

I'm sure that Gainesville will take Vernon as a serious opponent. Although it has been several years, these two teams have played each other in the past and always had good matchups.

If everything happens as it should Gainesville wins, should turnovers or lots of penalties or the wind blowing just right -- the Lions could very well upset Gainesville. Probably not though.

I may get to make this game afterall now!

Leopards,class of 75
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I pick Gainesville by 17 in this one.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
FYI:

Vernon's Losses

To Altus , Oklahoma (5A) Altus just had a better team, no doubt in this one.

To Wichita Falls (4A) Vernon fumbles inside the 5 with about 2 minutes to go. Had Vernon scored they beat W.F.

To Abilene Wylie - Vernon was overmatched and never sustained anything on offense. Defense was overmatched as well especially through the air. Vernon repleces a safety and a corner since then. Much better play now. Held the passing games of Graham and WF Hirschi. Hirschi as a team is bad but they had a good passing game.

To Iowa Park: IP ran the ball well off the tackles against Vernon. IP's defense shut down Vernon's run and the Lions never got on track passing the ball. Too many dropped balls for Vernon. Lost contain too many times on eth run. Although they stepped it up against Graham.

To Breckenridge: Fumbled inside the 5 again. Gave up the long play that cost them 7 points, had a punt blocked and Breck scored. Penalties killed several promising drives. Had a TD called back with less than 1 min to play. The Lions should have won this game.

I'm sure that Gainesville will take Vernon as a serious opponent. Although it has been several years, these two teams have played each other in the past and always had good matchups.

If everything happens as it should Gainesville wins, should turnovers or lots of penalties or the wind blowing just right -- the Lions could very well upset Gainesville. Probably not though.

I may get to make this game afterall now! it's always good to have hope. if you are playing ,you gotta chance.