PDA

View Full Version : Former Cowboy Michael Irvin ...

3afan
11-07-2005, 06:32 PM
what to you think of him as an analyst on ESPN? at first I didnt care for him, but as the season has gone on I've discovered he's usually dead on. and, he can get players to open up to him in interviews.

football4life
11-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Well you either like him or you dont. He's been in the business, so he knows what goes on and he knows what he's talking about. I agree, he does do well in one-on-one interviews especially with the controversial characters. I also think he is pretty funny at times, and is quite the dresser.

GreenMonster
11-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I still don't think he's Hall of Fame worthy. Even if you take away all the off the field problems.

JR2004
11-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I like Irvin as an analyst. He was correct in his assertion about the Cowboys not having a true number 1 WR. Keyshawn didn't have to like it, but it is the truth. Not many guys could make a statement like that, but Irvin did and it's stuff like that that I enjoy hearing. Stirring up a little controversy from him makes for good TV.

HighSchool Fan
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I still don't think he's Hall of Fame worthy. Even if you take away all the off the field problems.

numbers don't lie. if lynn swann is HOF then so is Irvin, and Drew Pearson for that matter.

3afan
11-07-2005, 07:49 PM
HOF or no HOF, MI still a pretty good NFL analyst IMO

gobbler grad
11-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Hope they don't need another analyst for ESPN...heard T.O. might be looking...he talks so well of others...:D

Astrosdawg07
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Hope they don't need another analyst for ESPN...heard T.O. might be looking...he talks so well of others...:D

I'd bet FOX may go try to get him for the rest of the season, they got Keyshaun.