PDA

View Full Version : More Breaking T.o. News!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
He has been suspended for the rest of the year and will NOT return to the Iggles this year.

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
He has been suspended for the rest of the year and will NOT return to the Iggles this year.
And as Andy just said, there will be no questions.

Black & Gold
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM

Good...IMO the guy has no class.

kaorder1999
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
that is total greatness...i always wish failure upon idiots!

gobbler grad
hope you meant eagles, but anyway that's good for him...he needs to keep his mouth shut and this probably wouldn't have happen...:clap:

Bullaholic
Worst case of "terminal stupidity" that I have ever heard about on the part of T.O. ---just incredible and unfortunate.

shankbear
It's a good start. Get the rest of the punk, puke thugs out of the league and things will be better for all.

Adidas410s
11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought they couldn't suspend anybody for more than 4 games? Does this mean they are releasing him or putting him on the "physically (and mentally) unable to play"

theyoefnshow
11-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I see Ramonce Taylor becoming the "T.O." of the Longhorns....anyone see him play in highschool and how he did the other night against Baylor knows what I'm talking about......
And I love it!!

raider red 2000
11-07-2005, 03:15 PM
does he still get paid?

i hope that none of the "Reporters" ask him any questions.

that would hurt him more....not getting recognized.

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
does he still get paid?

i hope that none of the "Reporters" ask him any questions.

that would hurt him more....not getting recognized.
From what I understood, he is not being paid unlike the Keyshawn Tampa Bay spate.

HighSchool Fan
11-07-2005, 03:22 PM
under the collective bargining agreement, he can only be suspended without pay for 4 games. anything over that he will get paid for.

3afan
11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
heard that - dumb

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
From what I understood, he is not being paid unlike the Keyshawn Tampa Bay spate.
Correction, looks just like the Keyshawn situation.

Adidas410s
11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Correction, looks just like the Keyshawn situation.

no because Keyshawn DID get paid! Is it possible for fantasy football owners to file a grievance against TO for drafting him and what we stand to lose in our league this year...f'n a TO...f'n a

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
no because Keyshawn DID get paid! Is it possible for fantasy football owners to file a grievance against TO for drafting him and what we stand to lose in our league this year...f'n a TO...f'n a
T.O will not be paid for 4 games and then will be paid for the rest of the year according to SI's Peter King.

JasperDog94
11-07-2005, 03:42 PM
no because Keyshawn DID get paid! Is it possible for fantasy football owners to file a grievance against TO for drafting him and what we stand to lose in our league this year...f'n a TO...f'n a No. Not if anyone was dumb enough to draft him. He started all of this before the season began. Fantasy football owners knew they were taking a gamble.

If you drafted him...well...then sucks to be you.

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 03:43 PM
See I take a different outlook on this. I wouldn't have suspended the guy at all. They are paying him anyways. He would have dressed out for every game and sat on the bench at the far end. I would have done this all year, where Eagle fans could have made fun of him. I would have made him show up to every practice and every meeting. When he failed to show up I would have fined him. His last year with a team of mine he would have been pretty miserable. The guy is a clown. Since they do have him on a 7 year contract and have to pay him anyways. I think seriously I would do this for about a good 3-4 years..........then and only then after he gravelled to get back on the team he could then play.

spiveyrat
11-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
See I take a different outlook on this. I wouldn't have suspended the guy at all. They are paying him anyways. He would have dressed out for every game and sat on the bench at the far end. I would have done this all year, where Eagle fans could have made fun of him. I would have made him show up to every practice and every meeting. When he failed to show up I would have fined him. His last year with a team of mine he would have been pretty miserable. The guy is a clown. Since they do have him on a 7 year contract and have to pay him anyways. I think seriously I would do this for about a good 3-4 years..........then and only then after he gravelled to get back on the team he could then play.

While that seems (or feels) like a good idea, it would be a terrible decision team-wise. He would still be there to intimidate, fight, berate, etc etc etc his teammates and coaches. He would still be a huge distraction.

GWOOD
11-07-2005, 04:29 PM
T.O will not be paid for 4 games and then will be paid for the rest of the year according to SI's Peter King.

That is right. After the 4 games, he will be "deactivated" but paid. The Eagles could pay him for 5 more years to not play. There likely will be a grievance filed by the players union.

Adidas410s
11-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No. Not if anyone was dumb enough to draft him. He started all of this before the season began. Fantasy football owners knew they were taking a gamble.

If you drafted him...well...then sucks to be you.

Well my league has a deal where you can "carry over" two players from the previous year. Well my team last year was TERRIBLE in this particular league, as it has been for 4 years up until this year finally, and my only two decent players were T.O. and Priest Holmes. I wasn't going to keep Favre for another year and I didn't think that Stokley would have another huge year like last year (was right there) so T.O. and Holmes were the obvious choices. Nobody in their right mind would NOT have kept them.

SnyderMom

hehe I love it...my week 10 is minus TO, I should definately get the win...

Paratrooper
I would really like the NFL to take action on this guy. T.O. is not bigger than the game. He needs to exit the game and go find other employment. I wonder why they guy he got into a fight with doesn't sue him?

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 04:37 PM
just because he is a horses backside off the field... between the sidelines hes still one of the best WR playin the game today...

id take him for 3 hours out of the week...

JasperDog94
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Well my league has a deal where you can "carry over" two players from the previous year. Well my team last year was TERRIBLE in this particular league, as it has been for 4 years up until this year finally, and my only two decent players were T.O. and Priest Holmes. I wasn't going to keep Favre for another year and I didn't think that Stokley would have another huge year like last year (was right there) so T.O. and Holmes were the obvious choices. Nobody in their right mind would NOT have kept them. I can understand that. I too have Holmes, but I also have Stephen Davis, Willis McGahee, and Mike Anderson. So I'm still set at running back. Thank goodness. Now I just need some help at wide receiver after Darrell Jackson went down.

JasperDog94
11-07-2005, 04:48 PM
id take him for 3 hours out of the week... But, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you root for) that's not an option.

Adidas410s
11-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
hehe I love it...my week 10 is minus TO, I should definately get the win...

yeah me too...i had my worst week by 20 points but fortunately went against the last place guy and he only put up 40 points...which in a Yahoo! league is TERRIBLE! Know he does have Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James left tonight but I have Manning so that offsets anything that Harrison does...which hasn't been that much this year! :(

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 05:09 PM
yeah me too...i had my worst week by 20 points but fortunately went against the last place guy and he only put up 40 points...which in a Yahoo! league is TERRIBLE! Know he does have Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James left tonight but I have Manning so that offsets anything that Harrison does...which hasn't been that much this year! :(
I have Cato and Peyton playing tonight :)

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
Good...IMO the guy has no class.

so true. if i was getting paid 40+ million for playing the sport i loved. I wouldnt care if i was on the worst team in the nfl.

JasperDog94
11-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
so true. if i was getting paid 40+ million for playing the sport i loved. I wouldnt care if i was on the worst team in the nfl. Yeah you would. It's the competitive juices in these guys. The money is just a bonus. They'll tell you that they deserve the money, but most of those guys would still play if they only got 1% of their current salary. It's all about the competition...with a few notable exceptions.

VINCE4HEISMAN
11-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm glad that Owens was booted off the Eagles. If I were some of those players I would have said something to that excuse for a football player long ago.

shankbear
11-07-2005, 06:43 PM
He's an overpaid, unhappy yaba daba puke thug without a job.

3afan
11-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by VINCE4HEISMAN
I'm glad that Owens was booted off the Eagles. If I were some of those players I would have said something to that excuse for a football player long ago.

IMO he's not a bad excuse for a football player - he is a GREAT football player

he's a bad excuse for a MAN

WOSgrad
11-07-2005, 06:50 PM
But now, you will hear TO non stop as Fox or the TO Network (known to some as ESPN) will pay him to come and flap his gap every Sunday from now 'til the end of the season.

shankbear
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
He can crap and bark at the moon.

TPlinebacker53
11-07-2005, 09:01 PM
i am glad he got suspended, he needs to get kicked out of football all together i mean hes good and all but hes got a horrible attitude

BrahmaDAD70
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
I think he would be good for the Raider nation in Oakland.

Astrosdawg07
11-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
I think he would be good for the Raider nation in Oakland.

One problem Randy Moss is and Warren Sapp are already there, that would be one hell of an ego fight. If nothing else there aren't enough footballs to go around between Moss and T.O.

rhino33
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
thats good news the guy has amazing talent but he is definately a loser

HighSchool Fan
11-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Keith sure isn't saying much about this

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
....so he said he was sorry.....and NOW we are expected to believe he's sincere??? Don't think we're as stupid as your agent is, TO. :hand:

RoTex4Life
11-08-2005, 08:43 PM
i think when the eagles didnt give him a bigger contract a while back that fueled TO up for this break down....he is an awesome football player.....i kinda think he is doin this just to leave the eagles but he wont say it...but i know the apology wasnt seriuos and he will be happy to leave...but he did ruin his chances to get a big contract somewhere else....