PDA

View Full Version : Vernon vs. Gainesville

jakarta101
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
what ya think?

jakarta101
11-07-2005, 12:47 PM
is Gainesville gonna roll over Vernon or is Vernon gonna have the steam to pull off an upset.....

NateDawg39
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I think this will be a much closer game than what a lot of people think. 34-21 Gainesville over the Lions.

gobbler grad
11-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I see Gainesville going very deep in the playoffs...
Oh, by 14 points this week...:thinking:

XWylieMom
11-07-2005, 12:49 PM
yes - going with Gainesville on this one!

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by XWylieMom
yes - going with Gainesville on this one!
I with MOM!!!:D :D

Bullaholic
11-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Vernon has done themselves proud in the latter part of the season, but I don't like their matchups with Gainesville. Too many fast "horses" across the board for Vernon to contain, and the Leps have a "stingy" D. One intangible in favor of the Lions---Gainesville has not been tested in several weeks and may be slow to get "up" for this game. If that happens, Vernon is a good enough team to pull the upset. Gainesville by 14.

HighSchool Fan
11-07-2005, 01:02 PM
should be a good game. i'll stick with gainesville winning.

jakarta101
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
this is pretty one sided...not hearin from many Vernon supporters

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
As a Vernon supporter I think Gainesville will be hard to beat. The Lions are the underdog. Hoping that Gainesville overlooks them and that the Lions can sneak up on them. The Lions played a bad game last Friday against Breck. Too many mistakes and they can't do that again this week. When the Lions are clicking they bring a good game (Burkburnett) When they are not they are bad (Iowa Park and Wylie).

Who knows with this game. I'll stick to the common thread Gainesville by 14.

I'll be rooting for an upset though.

VWG
11-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Vernon will have to establish their running game. Without that they are dead. Their O-line will have to play one of their best games all year to keep the Leopards D-Line and Linebackers off of Zamora and Whiteside. Remember, linebackers are only as good as their defensive lines are. Both Vernon's backs have speed and size.... but it's up to the O-Line to create opportunities for them. If I am not mistaken I thnk Zamora goes 190 lbs and Whiteside is about 210 lbs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Vernon will have to establish their running game. Without that they are dead. Their O-line will have to play one of their best games all year to keep the Leopards D-Line and Linebackers off of Zamora and Whiteside. Remember, linebackers are only as good as their defensive lines are. Both Vernon's backs have speed and size.... but it's up to the O-Line to create opportunities for them. If I am not mistaken I thnk Zamora goes 190 lbs and Whiteside is about 210 lbs.

Your right. Both teh Lion Backs are big and have speed. Zamora more so than Whiteside but Whiteside can break one also. Nevertheless it will be up to the Lions to make their assignments. Will be a challenge.