PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Stamp

HighSchool Fan
11-07-2005, 10:32 AM
How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

USPS New Stamp

This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text.

If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it be this! ???

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of t he USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the
EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class
holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp
when purchasing your stamps at the post office.
To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those
AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know?

AggieJohn
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
The U.S. Postal Service issued the Eid stamp commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr (marking the end of Ramadan) and Eid al-Adha (marking the end of the pilgrimage to Mecca) as part of its multicultural Holiday Celebrations series on September 1, 2001. Evidently it was the reissuing of this popular postage stamp one year later in October 2002, barely a month after the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks of 9/11, that prompted the angry email protest above.

Contrary to the way some versions of the boycott flier describe it, the stamp is neither new nor a "Christmas stamp" for Muslims.

The assertion that using this stamp is "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism is arguable, to say the least. It was originally issued before September 11, 2001, not after it. And while specific allegations are factually accurate — all the terrorist acts listed in the email have been attributed by authorities to Muslim extremists — it's rather a large leap from there to blaming all Muslims and the Islamic faith in general for those atrocities.

There are pundits, granted, who claim that violence and terrorism are endemic to Islam (notably conservative Christians such as Jerry Falwell and Paul M. Weyrich), but theirs is a minority view staunchly rejected by experts in comparative religion, not to mention the U.S. government and President George W. Bush himself. "The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam," Bush has stated publicly. "That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace." Rank-and-file Muslims agree.

President Bush issues yearly proclamations commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. We have yet to hear anyone question his patriotism or condemn his statements on Islam as "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism.

Hupernikomen
11-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
The U.S. Postal Service issued the Eid stamp commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr (marking the end of Ramadan) and Eid al-Adha (marking the end of the pilgrimage to Mecca) as part of its multicultural Holiday Celebrations series on September 1, 2001. Evidently it was the reissuing of this popular postage stamp one year later in October 2002, barely a month after the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks of 9/11, that prompted the angry email protest above.

Contrary to the way some versions of the boycott flier describe it, the stamp is neither new nor a "Christmas stamp" for Muslims.

The assertion that using this stamp is "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism is arguable, to say the least. It was originally issued before September 11, 2001, not after it. And while specific allegations are factually accurate — all the terrorist acts listed in the email have been attributed by authorities to Muslim extremists — it's rather a large leap from there to blaming all Muslims and the Islamic faith in general for those atrocities.

There are pundits, granted, who claim that violence and terrorism are endemic to Islam (notably conservative Christians such as Jerry Falwell and Paul M. Weyrich), but theirs is a minority view staunchly rejected by experts in comparative religion, not to mention the U.S. government and President George W. Bush himself. "The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam," Bush has stated publicly. "That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace." Rank-and-file Muslims agree.

President Bush issues yearly proclamations commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. We have yet to hear anyone question his patriotism or condemn his statements on Islam as "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism.

When you don't site your source it is called plagarism and will get you kicked out of universities like the one you use to attend.

sahen
11-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Just to put it into perspective....

Islamic extremist are the ones that terrorize and the majority of Muslims reject them....

to compare

Most of the Nazi's that administered the Holocaust were Christian extremist...

just a thought...

Islam is an extremely peaceful religion, the extremist take their teachings out of context just like some Christians take the teachings of the Bible out of context...If you dont believe me go visit a Mosque, they are all as proud to be Americans as you and I, and they will tell you upfront that the terrorist are not practicing Islam the way that Allah wanted them too...and yes they will let you visit a Mosque and they dont try to convert you...

Hupernikomen
11-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Just to put it into perspective....

Islamic extremist are the ones that terrorize and the majority of Muslims reject them....

to compare

Most of the Nazi's that administered the Holocaust were Christian extremist...

just a thought...

Islam is an extremely peaceful religion, the extremist take their teachings out of context just like some Christians take the teachings of the Bible out of context...If you dont believe me go visit a Mosque, they are all as proud to be Americans as you and I, and they will tell you upfront that the terrorist are not practicing Islam the way that Allah wanted them too...and yes they will let you visit a Mosque and they dont try to convert you...

The tenets of the Koran lead to the extremism. They are not taking anything out of context as the Nazis did. The extremist Muslims are taking their holy scriptures to heart.

sahen
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
The tenets of the Koran lead to the extremism. They are not taking anything out of context as the Nazis did. The extremist Muslims are taking their holy scriptures to heart.
actually this is not true and is a sterotype of Islam....the 5 tenets or as they are commonly called pillars of Islam have nothign to do w/ war...in Islam the only wars that are justified are wars that are defensive battles or wars in which you fight on the part of someone else who needs defense....Jihad when used in Islam normally means a holy war against the infidels in your own body, in other words a war w/n yourself to find God, it can be an actual Holy War but like i said before it is supposed to be for defense....now the Muslim extremist take the defense part to the extreme and misintrept what was written by Muhammad in the Koran....
just for info, 5 Pillars of Islam
1. Submit to Allah and admit he is the one and only God (Shahadah)
2. Pray 5 times a day (Salat)
3. Charity to the poor (Zakat)
4. Fasting during Ramadan (Sawm)
5. Pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj)

sry thats a lotta info it just bothers me when people get stereotyped wrongly, i mean in all that is what happens w/ the Islamic extremist who commit terrorist acts....they stereotype Western Christians....so there, im off my soap box....

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sahen
actually this is not true and is a sterotype of Islam....the 5 tenets or as they are commonly called pillars of Islam have nothign to do w/ war...in Islam the only wars that are justified are wars that are defensive battles or wars in which you fight on the part of someone else who needs defense....Jihad when used in Islam normally means a holy war against the infidels in your own body, in other words a war w/n yourself to find God, it can be an actual Holy War but like i said before it is supposed to be for defense....now the Muslim extremist take the defense part to the extreme and misintrept what was written by Muhammad in the Koran....
just for info, 5 Pillars of Islam
1. Submit to Allah and admit he is the one and only God (Shahadah)
2. Pray 5 times a day (Salat)
3. Charity to the poor (Zakat)
4. Fasting during Ramadan (Sawm)
5. Pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj)

sry thats a lotta info it just bothers me when people get stereotyped wrongly, i mean in all that is what happens w/ the Islamic extremist who commit terrorist acts....they stereotype Western Christians....so there, im off my soap box....

I appreciate you posting that...I hate that people associate Islam with anything bad that has happend to the US...(not just dlow people) YOu are completely correct in your post.