PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger 21, Clyde 3

vet93
10-17-2003, 11:41 PM
A tough defensive struggle in the first half. I can see now why Clyde played so well against Wylie. They have a solid group of kids. They play with alot of heart. Ballinger and Posey were too much for them in the second half. Ballinger's defense rose to the occasion and shut out Clyde in the second half. Also got to meet "Clydefan". Really enjoyed the visit. It sure is nice to be able to put a face with the name. Wanted to meet Clyde's number 35 because I have been rooting for him to return from his injury, but they didn't let us on the field fast enough. Clyde has a real good shot at the playoffs this year. Good luck to the Bulldogs.

GWOOD
10-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Congratulations on your win. Any other scores from your district?

ClydeFan
10-18-2003, 12:16 AM
It was nice to meet you and visit with you too, Vet! Like you said, the 1st half was a tough defensive battle, with Clyde leading 3-0 at halftime... then the big plays by Ballinger in the second half put the game away. Clyde did play with a lot of heart, and I know they were very disappointed with the loss. I think they will be ready for the huge game with Brady next week!

ClydeFan
10-18-2003, 12:17 AM
GWOOD, in other district games Wylie beat Early 42-7, and Brady beat Comanche, something like 19-7.

clydewr35
10-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Ballinger played a good game they are goin to make a good run in the playoffs. it was a tough loss for us but we can use this loss as momentum for next week. sorry i didnt get a chance to meet you vet after the game i was a little down about the loss and also that i didnt get much playing time. even though i got released i knew going in to the game the my playing time would be limited....good luck next week who do yall play?

wildstangs
10-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Congrats to the Bearcats. Sounds like an exciting game.

vet93
10-18-2003, 08:36 AM
I know that it is tough to lose but you guys played a great game and have nothing to keep your head down about. I am sure that the coaches want to ease you back into playing shape after coming off an injury. I expect you to get more and more time as the season progresses. We play Early next. Next week is going to be big for you guys. Brady has a very good team. They have a strong defense and a very good running back. You guys can match up with them if you play the way you did against us and Wylie. This game will likely decide at least one of the playoff spots. Good luck!

clydewr35:
Ballinger played a good game they are goin to make a good run in the playoffs. it was a tough loss for us but we can use this loss as momentum for next week. sorry i didnt get a chance to meet you vet after the game i was a little down about the loss and also that i didnt get much playing time. even though i got released i knew going in to the game the my playing time would be limited....good luck next week who do yall play?

45munns
10-18-2003, 02:18 PM
From the way I hear it Clyde, y'all played a great game and have nothing to be down about. Ballinger will be a hard game for us at Wylie but we are looking forward to the game in a couple of weeks. Good job both teams.

JM