PDA

View Full Version : region 4 is updated

toby070
10-24-2002, 09:49 AM
enjoy.....

CentralTxFan
10-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Thanks toby. I bet your LH/Bandera prediction is going to create a stir among some LH folks.

toby070
10-24-2002, 01:14 PM
It might! I almost took LH, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I live in San Marcos, and although I don't know Coach Vance personally, I know who he is and know he is a very good coach. I was very impressed by the way LH played Wimberley last year, and expected them to do well this year. Should be a very good game!

hotstuff
10-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Has any team from District 30-3A through 32-3A ever won state?

TarponRl3k
10-24-2002, 05:00 PM
um, i just went to region 4 and it wasnt updated........ :( heh, unless nothing was changed and Rio Hondo is still number 1 (yeah right)

hotstuff
10-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Is it true that Port Isabel fans attacked officials for bad calls 15-20 years ago? I heard bottles were actually thrown.

footballgal
10-24-2002, 07:48 PM
TarponRl3k:
um, i just went to region 4 and it wasnt updated........ :( heh, unless nothing was changed and Rio Hondo is still number 1 (yeah right)It's been updated TarponR13k, although the main page is not updated, as those are his preseason rankings. Go to Weekly Picks, games of the week pages.

I just went to check out the PI vs LF JV game but it was cancelled due to the lighting. eek!

BTW, I sent you another PM a couple of days ago and you and Missile haven't read them yet. wink OK?

<small>[ October 24, 2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

toby070
10-25-2002, 08:25 AM
TarponRl3k:
um, i just went to region 4 and it wasnt updated........ :( heh, unless nothing was changed and Rio Hondo is still number 1 (yeah right)Ouch TarponR13k, thanks for the kick in the teeth :D Okay, I guess it's safe to say that my Rio Hondo pick was by far the most ridiculous of all my picks!!!!!

I update games of the week, picks of the week, and team of the week regularly...I'll try to do a summary of some sort on the front page soon.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2002, 09:56 AM
toby070:

TarponRl3k:
um, i just went to region 4 and it wasnt updated........ :( heh, unless nothing was changed and Rio Hondo is still number 1 (yeah right)Ouch TarponR13k, thanks for the kick in the teeth :D Okay, I guess it's safe to say that my Rio Hondo pick was by far the most ridiculous of all my picks!!!!!
We Tarpon fans thought it was ridiculous that you picked us to lose vs. Rio Hondo! hehe That's ok, we just had to show you who the contenders and (Rio Hondo, ahem) "pretenders" are. :D

BULLDOGFAN
10-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Hey Hotstuff, about the official getting hit.

I was on the team when that happened against Santa Rosa. The Ref's called back 6 touchdowns and Port Isabel lost by like 2 points. The stands went nuts and a Ref's wife was hit in the head. Port Isabel was put on probation for one year. It was very different in those days. the rivalries were intense. Cops were at every game with some fight always breaking out. I remember the field being stormed by both sides after quite a few games. It was a blast.