Bridge City
Liberty Hill
Cuero

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
none of the above - Sweetwater

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 01:03 AM
nope its gonna be a Reg III school you sit back and watch:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2005, 01:06 AM
wheres Sweetwater there my pick to win Div 2

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
nope its gonna be a Reg III school you sit back and watch:)

I agree.......region 3 is absolutely loaded this year

mustang04
11-07-2005, 01:15 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WOW...are u serious....out of any of the teams from region one...u put MONAHANS??????? have u even kept up w/ region 1 teams?? have u heard of sweetwatr or snyder......did u know that we landed on the moon??

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
neither of those team has had much of an impression on Reg III guess thats why we dont put to much faith in them:)

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:17 AM
There are probably around 2 other teams that belong on there, but you only have room to put 10. I think a region 3 team will win it anyways so the point is kinda mute. However, your probably right. Their is probably around 12 really good teams that can win it.

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:19 AM
actually more like 5. barbers hill, sweetwater, snyder, cuero, or liberty hill.

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
actually more like 5. barbers hill, sweetwater, snyder, cuero, or liberty hill.
Can't see Sweetwater making it. They got pounded by Wylie

mustang04
11-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper

had several injuries too tho...and i think just about everyone is back

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 01:26 AM
too many teams for sweetwater to make it...I dont remember seeing them last year either...not at our state final game anyway

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:28 AM
too many teams for sweetwater to make it...I dont remember seeing them last year either...not at our state final game anyway

I agree Bulldogbark. Sweetwater also barely got past a 3-7 Levelland team. They only beat them 34-31. That just isn't going to cut it. A 3-7 team? Come on.

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:32 AM

This isnt last year, jasper isnt a standout team this year, sorry but its true. Its just not their year, last year was. They lost too many seniors and cant get their stuff together. I dont see them making it to regionals.

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:33 AM
I agree Bulldogbark. Sweetwater also barely got past a 3-7 Levelland team. They only beat them 34-31. That just isn't going to cut it. A 3-7 team? Come on.

they also embarassed a 9-1 snyder tiger team that is very good this year. So they had a bad night, we still won and thats what counts.

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 01:35 AM
how do you come about that....we lost three game lets see WO-S who will be the D1 champs,,,, Central the District 20-4A champs and Newton yeah they are 2a but the eventual state champs. we have just as many seniors this year as we had last year, and and went 5-0 in District,,we have a better record than last year and didnt even win our district,,,,,so you better read up somemore on Jasper and take a look at the stats. here is some easy reading.

www.jasper-bulldogs.com

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:36 AM
they also embarassed a 9-1 snyder tiger team that is very good this year. So they had a bad night, we still won and thats what counts.

There you go.....you answered your own question........consistency. This is why they are not picked. If your having a "bad" night against a 3-7 team imagine if you have a bad night against one of those teams up in the poll.

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:37 AM
This isnt last year, jasper isnt a standout team this year, sorry but its true. Its just not their year, last year was. They lost too many seniors and cant get their stuff together. I dont see them making it to regionals.

Jasper would mop the floor with sweetwater....please. Look at who Jasper lost to and by how much.

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:42 AM
any team that loses to a 2A school doesnt deserve much credit, sorry. (no matter how good they are)

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:43 AM
not to mention jaspers defense is incredibly weak. 26.86 points allowed per game. against an offense like ours? itd be a run away.

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 01:44 AM
yep we would show up and you would run away....I would be you couldnt hold a candle to Newton,, not many 3a schools could,, but we will see if we meet you ,,,,

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:44 AM
any team that loses to a 2A school doesnt deserve much credit, sorry. (no matter how good they are)

NEWTON? Good gosh......newton is rough bud.

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:46 AM
not to mention jaspers defense is incredibly weak. 26.86 points allowed per game. against an offense like ours? itd be a run away.

Sweetwater would get beat if they played Barbers Hill, Jasper or Bridge City. Any one of those 3 would take them out.

mustang04
11-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Sweetwater would get beat if they played Barbers Hill, Jasper or Bridge City. Any one of those 3 would take them out.

i think IF Sweetwater and any one of those teams both came and played w/ their BEST "A-Game"...sweetwater would win

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
i think IF Sweetwater and any one of those teams both came and played w/ their BEST "A-Game"...sweetwater would win

most definately, with two of the fastest guys in the state and our star quarterback back and healthy. I just dont see any chance for any teams but snyder, cuero, or liberty hill.

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:55 AM

Let's look at those 3 schools and what they bring. Barbers Hill undefeated. Bridge City one loss by 7 points to the number 2 team in the state WOS. Jasper three losses....lost by 2 points to #2 WOS, #1 in 2A newton 4A Central 20-4A champ.

Sweetwater has problems with a 3-7 team and then get's routed by A Wylie? Come on

mustang04
11-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Let's look at those 3 schools and what they bring. Barbers Hill undefeated. Bridge City one loss by 7 points to the number 2 team in the state WOS. Jasper three losses....lost by 2 points to #2 WOS, #1 in 2A newton 4A Central 20-4A champ.

Sweetwater has problems with a 3-7 team and then get's routed by A Wylie? Come on

haha....ok...first of all, sweetwater had about 5 starters injured in those 2 consecutive weeks of levelland and wylie....and second of all, Wylie IS the defending State Champ and IS going to play in the State game again....ummm who loses to a 2A...HONESTLY? a top 10 3A team should beat best 2A team

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Ok I Just checked did sweetwater play anybody with a winning record in their pre district???? I sure didn see anybody,,,I may be wrong I saw a 2-8, 2-8. 1-9

Mustangpride09
and then bounced back to beat a #3 ranked snyder team......

MARLINDOGS
I can feel the love in the air.:clap: :clap:

mustang04
i really dont think u know what ur talking about..another guy points out the close game w/ a 3-7 team, and ur just tagging along by saying "YEAH, what about that close game that other mentioned and i have no clue what happened, im just repeating" hahaha

mustang04
11-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Ok I Just checked did sweetwater play anybody with a winning record in their pre district???? I sure didn see anybody,,,I may be wrong I saw a 2-8, 2-8. 1-9
Sweetwater is much like UT.....both VERY good teams, but they cant help they have a weak schedule, but should UT be kept outta the rosebowl just cuz they play weak teams and blow them out by 50+ points????? if they were just 'winning' that would be one thing...but BLOWING THE OTHER TEAMS OUT, is different...sweetwater is the same

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 02:05 AM
haha....ok...first of all, sweetwater had about 5 starters injured in those 2 consecutive weeks of levelland and wylie....and second of all, Wylie IS the defending State Champ and IS going to play in the State game again....ummm who loses to a 2A...HONESTLY? a top 10 3A team should beat best 2A team

You just haven't been introduced to Newton. Anybody who keeps up with football knows the hat that Newton brings. Newton would trash sweetwater. You guys are tussling with a 3-7 team and your talking smack. If you make it as far to play a region 3 team, you may find this year that they may give you more than what you want.

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 02:05 AM
sweetwater like UT...OH boy theres a stretch and who has sweetwater blown out by 50+ points.. call the BCS Sweetwater is a commen:)

mustang04
11-07-2005, 02:07 AM
sweetwater like UT...OH boy theres a stretch and who has sweetwater blown out by 50+ points.. call the BCS Sweetwater is a commen:)

hmmm....u must be lacking in vocabulary...ever heard of an analogy????

MARLINDOGS
11-07-2005, 02:07 AM
sweetwater like UT...OH boy theres a stretch and who has sweetwater blown out by 50+ points.. call the BCS Sweetwater is a commen:) :thinking:

mustang04
11-07-2005, 02:09 AM
and i never said sweetwater blew out anybody by 50+ points...if u go back and re-read instead of jumping the gun just to type some ignorant response, u might actually read the correct post

bulldogbark
man I am on the LOVE boat...gotta spread the love. Mustang04 just cool out,, I am messing with you. you young guys are so fun to get hyped up,,, we will just have to see who gets were....calm down. drink a soda...play a little compter game,,,,,you'll be ok:)

good luck on your season,, enjoy a injury free playoff;)

Paratrooper
Sweetwater is much like UT.....both VERY good teams, but they cant help they have a weak schedule, but should UT be kept outta the rosebowl just cuz they play weak teams and blow them out by 50+ points????? if they were just 'winning' that would be one thing...but BLOWING THE OTHER TEAMS OUT, is different...sweetwater is the same

Did ya'll blow out Clyde then is 20-13 blowing them out. Man Clyde must be good.......oppps...there record is 3-7. Did you blow out Levelland (34-31).....lets check out there prestigeous record. Oh there 3-7, wow those guys must be really tough. Lets see you get tore up by a 8-2 A Wylie team and you talk it? If you guys were in Jasper, Barbers Hill or Bridge City's district you would have been fighting just to get in to the playoffs.

mustang04
11-07-2005, 02:11 AM
i doubt it

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 02:11 AM
man I am on the LOVE boat...gotta spread the love. Mustang04 just cool out,, I am messing with you. you young guys are so fun to get hyped up,,, we will just have to see who gets were....calm down. drink a soda...play a little compter game,,,,,you'll be ok:)

yes, it was fun getting ya'll amped up. Ya'll have a good rest of the season and good luck to you.:D

mustang04
11-07-2005, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paratrooper
Did ya'll blow out Clyde then is 20-13 blowing them out. Man Clyde must be good.......oppps...there record is 3-7. Did you blow out Levelland (34-31).....lets check out there prestigeous record. Oh there 3-7, wow those guys must be really tough. Lets see you get tore up by a 8-2 A Wylie team and you talk it? If you guys were in Jasper, Barbers Hill or Bridge City's district you would have been fighting just to get in to the playoffs. [/QUOTE
correct me if im wrong...but wasnt Wylie like 7-3 last year, and then won the D1 State ????

records dont show potential

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 02:14 AM
well that gave me something to do till almost 1:30..man I need someone from Rusk to come aboard:p

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paratrooper
Did ya'll blow out Clyde then is 20-13 blowing them out. Man Clyde must be good.......oppps...there record is 3-7. Did you blow out Levelland (34-31).....lets check out there prestigeous record. Oh there 3-7, wow those guys must be really tough. Lets see you get tore up by a 8-2 A Wylie team and you talk it? If you guys were in Jasper, Barbers Hill or Bridge City's district you would have been fighting just to get in to the playoffs. [/QUOTE
correct me if im wrong...but wasnt Wylie like 7-3 last year, and then won the D1 State ????

records dont show potential

Mustang04 we are just messing with you. Ya'll have a great year. I could only put 10 in the box up there. I wish you guys the best of luck.

Paratrooper
well that gave me something to do till almost 1:30..man I need someone from Rusk to come aboard:p

It was rather fun.......LOL:D :D :D

mustang04

oh im not worked up....its just kinda funny how ur callin me a young guy..yes i am 'young'.....but...im purdy sure ive been around this board long before you, anyways...u need to get to bed, i hear when u get old that its alot harder on ya if u dont get enough sleep than when ur younger....so, gnight!

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 02:19 AM
son I have served 27 years in an airborn Unit,,, been to 4 different conflicts and have over 699 static line jumps,,, now if you want me to get nasty with your young butt I can...even today I will run your butt in the ground,,,,,what have you done for your country lately,,,, NITE NITE young-un

mustang04
11-07-2005, 02:34 AM
son I have served 27 years in an airborn Unit,,, been to 4 different conflicts and have over 699 static line jumps,,, now if you want me to get nasty with your young butt I can...even today I will run your butt in the ground,,,,,what have you done for your country lately,,,, NITE NITE young-un

uh-oh...think i found a tender spot...oh by the way, since uve so proudly served ur country, uve so proudly protected my right to have freedom of speech:D

and actually the last thing i did for my country was put 5$ in a jar for hurricane katrina victims last night at KFC

sry for being a smart-@$$, but it makes me mad when older ppl have no respect for younger ppl, i respect my elders and thats how i was raised, but u know, young people do deserve their own respect...but i believe i can speak for everybody on this board when i say i appreciate your service to this country

Adidas410s
11-07-2005, 02:40 AM
I agree.......region 3 is absolutely loaded this year

DOESN'T MATTER HOW LOADED THEY ARE...ONLY 1 TEAM MAKES IT OUT OF THE REGION!!!

jmcgee
11-07-2005, 02:44 AM
son I have served 27 years in an airborn Unit,,, been to 4 different conflicts and have over 699 static line jumps,,, now if you want me to get nasty with your young butt I can...even today I will run your butt in the ground,,,,,what have you done for your country lately,,,, NITE NITE young-un Thats Cool my bro. is goin to start Airborn school in about 6 months. right now hes in Germany

Jody
11-07-2005, 04:31 AM
I also ahve to go with Region III, but it won't be Jasper or Bridge City. Out of those two teams, BH is a better balanced team and has a much better defense. Very well could go all the way this year, assuming they control turn-overs and don't get out-coached.

I am interested to see how Cuero does, so how did they end up in Div-II anyway? I don't see them wining state, but they might get there.

Cameron Yoe is always a hard fighting team. They played Jasper last year and was not all that impressive, but may slide in a easy path to semi-finals.

Just don't know enough about Snyder or Sweetwater. Hard to compare as the schedules are so differnent there.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 06:49 AM
"Re: My Top Teams In D 2"

I was wondering how the heck I missed a 4 page thread of this much interest before going to bed last night, until I saw you riled up the S'water boys. :D ;) MY would be the key word....

3afan
11-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Just don't know enough about Snyder or Sweetwater. Hard to compare as the schedules are so differnent there.

wow, someone actually admitted to not knowing something! must be Monday or something ...

Old Cardinal
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi Jody, What are you doing up at 3 am?
I think you are right in that it will be a fight for the Championship of Region III.
I wish you guys could have stayed for the second half, BC unleashed quite a potent passing attack on WO-S.
These guys were having fun messing with the Sweetwater kids--we will have to teach them how to stir up the adults LOL

I can believe that people actually are serious on here. I see you get them stirred up and I just sit here and laugh. Surely sooner or later they will figure out that we are just having a lot of fun on here.

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Paratrooper.....you are a fool.........like ham said.....you put monahans in that poll out of region one.......your are completely unaware!!!!......you just wait and see what sweetwater does and then you will show your ignorance!!

3afan
11-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
... we are just having a lot of fun on here.

A M E N

HighSchool Fan
11-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Paratrooper.....you are a fool.........like ham said.....you put monahans in that poll out of region one.......your are completely unaware!!!!......you just wait and see what sweetwater does and then you will show your ignorance!!

it sounds like it's time for you to ask your mommy to drive you to school.

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
it sounds like it's time for you to ask your mommy to drive you to school. ...
alright?? i'll actually drive to school here in a minute but hey w/e you think......................

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Yawn Yawn stretch stretch...wow I thought this thread would die out......I thought it was a fun thread to stir,,,but now im tired off to other threads to stir :)

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I also ahve to go with Region III, but it won't be Jasper or Bridge City.

Don't count your chickens just yet. BC and Jasper can bring some hat.

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Thank you for your service that has kept our freedom alive. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

gobbler grad
11-07-2005, 10:23 AM
lot of good teams there...too bad only one can win...reg. 3 is pretty strong, but just don't see them taking it...have to stay with my home team on this one and wish the GOBBLERS luck in their quest for the state title...

and I see us playing Tatum in the finals...

shankbear
11-07-2005, 10:24 AM
trooper, please don't say "bring some hat". The last bunch that said that was Hamster-Fannett and they got the crap kicked out of them regularly.

bulldogbark
11-07-2005, 10:26 AM
boy I sure do like our system of playoffs more than some of these other states. Its like four speeding trains heading in on each other. Each train filled with teams from their region,,,,soon to collide somewhere in the middle. Ya Just Gatta love it:) :) :)

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
trooper, please don't say "bring some hat". The last bunch that said that was Hamster-Fannett and they got the crap kicked out of them regularly.

BC is certiainly no Hampshire Fannett. Bridge City is a good team this year. I think the best thing that happened to BC was playing WOS. It showed our weaknesses, as well as, we showed WOS weaknesses too. BC's does have quite a fight just to make it as the region 3 champ. There are lots of quality teams in that path. Whoever emerges out of region 3 will have played some really good teams that is why I think it will be one of the region 3 teams to win it this year.

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
ill take the gobblers thank ya very much. With their 2 RBs on point, and their QB-to-WR combo on fire right now... i dont see much stopping them...

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ill take the gobblers thank ya very much. With their 2 RBs on point, and their QB-to-WR combo on fire right now... i dont see much stopping them...

Cuero obviously is a good team. I could only see where they had problems with 2 schools. It looks like the rest of them they handled pretty convincingly

HM33
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
It kind of seems as if yall have forgot about Cuero.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
[/QUOTE

records dont show potential [/B][/QUOTE]

Here is another word to add to your grand vocabulary...credibility.

Its ok for your Wylie buddies to go into the playoffs with 3 losses last year but not Jasper..

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by HM33
It kind of seems as if yall have forgot about Cuero.

I don't see anyone forgetting about Cuero here

Hindsight2020
11-07-2005, 12:52 PM
moye, or no moye, jasper is putting it together and will make some noise.

if bc sees a defense like wo-s, it will be game over for the cards. after seeing them, i don't think they will get out of the region. JMO.

IHStangFan
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Cuero or Yoe

Paratrooper
11-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Cuero or Yoe

Cameron Yoe does look pretty strong by who they have played and how much they have beaten them by. They will be a formitable opponent for anyone in the state.

Highschoolfan78
11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Personally with liberty hill and Cuero being in region 4, and region 3 producing the teams they have out there(cameron yoe,marlin,rice,jasper etc), i dont think that region 1 and 2 will be able to compete with them in state. Granted sweet water and Snyder are good, but i wouldnt put all that much faith on a monahans team.

j_dog
11-07-2005, 03:23 PM
I also ahve to go with Region III, but it won't be Jasper ......
Thanks Jody. :) Stop right there. :p You have put the hex on everyone else now. :clap: When yu are against us, we roll !!! :p :)

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
lot of good teams there...too bad only one can win...reg. 3 is pretty strong, but just don't see them taking it...have to stay with my home team on this one and wish the GOBBLERS luck in their quest for the state title...

and I see us playing Tatum in the finals...

tatum.....

Bullaholic
11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Off most people's "radar", but Tatum is a very powerful East Texas darkhorse. Many good athletes in that program. I think Tatum goes to the D2 semis.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Off most people's "radar", but Tatum is a very powerful East Texas darkhorse. Many good athletes in that program. I think Tatum goes to the D2 semis.

Consider the source, Bull. ;)

3afan
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I saw Tatum play Southlake Carroll in the early 90s at a nearly sold out Mesquite Memorial Stadium, it was during one of SLCs 16-0 3A runs .... its the most fans I've ever seen in Mesquite Memorial

by the way I picked Tatum to win Region 2 a while back

Jody
11-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Thanks Jody. :) Stop right there. :p You have put the hex on everyone else now. :clap: When yu are against us, we roll !!! :p :)

Doing my part for Jasper and BC.....at least until we meet later in the playoffs.

Jody
11-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Hi Jody, What are you doing up at 3 am?
I think you are right in that it will be a fight for the Championship of Region III.
I wish you guys could have stayed for the second half, BC unleashed quite a potent passing attack on WO-S.
These guys were having fun messing with the Sweetwater kids--we will have to teach them how to stir up the adults LOL

I can believe that people actually are serious on here. I see you get them stirred up and I just sit here and laugh. Surely sooner or later they will figure out that we are just having a lot of fun on here.

Yeah, we waisted a trip to go see HJ and HF....boy were they bad.

j_dog
11-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Doing my part for Jasper and BC.....at least until we meet later in the playoffs.
Thanks Jody! :)

Paratrooper
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Looks like a lot of these folks are picking Cuero to win it all......either that or they have some fans seriously doing some voting on this thing

Hupernikomen
11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, we waisted a trip to go see HJ and HF....boy were they bad.

Yeah and if Beasley hadn't ran that KO back for a TD we might have left one of the most famous games ever played in the Golden Triangle..

(**Disclaimer for a couple sensitive WO-S fans: I am only messing with Jody)

Paratrooper
11-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Yeah and if Beasley hadn't ran that KO back for a TD we might have left one of the most famous games ever played in the Golden Triangle..

(**Disclaimer a couple sensitive WO-S fans: I am only messing with Jody)

Actually you are right. That would have been one of the greatest comebacks ever.

Stownhorse
11-08-2005, 09:07 PM
C'mon guys enough with the small talk, Sweetwater and Cuero in the state game. Sweetwater wins it...............and thats the bottom line SUCKA

gobbler grad
11-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
C'mon guys enough with the small talk, Sweetwater and Cuero in the state game. Sweetwater wins it...............and thats the bottom line SUCKA

you got half of it right, but Cuero will be playing Tatum...:evillaugh :evillaugh

bulldogbark
11-08-2005, 09:54 PM
sweetwater????? Have they found their way out of the paper sack yet, or did someone open both ends for them.:)

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:02 PM

WOW...are u serious....out of any of the teams from region one...u put MONAHANS??????? have u even kept up w/ region 1 teams?? have u heard of sweetwatr or snyder......did u know that we landed on the moon??

Seriously. Sweetwater and Snyder swept this region last year and I see it happin it again. Hopefully it's Snyder, just cause i am from there, but if it's not us then Sweetwater will go all they way.

Paratrooper
11-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
Seriously. Sweetwater and Snyder swept this region last year and I see it happin it again. Hopefully it's Snyder, just cause i am from there, but if it's not us then Sweetwater will go all they way.

Actually I looked at the region 1 teams. Monahans and Synder will play early leaving really only 1 team out there to beat Sweetwater. Sweetwater will have a relatively easy time. They will make it a bit far, but really will have played not so hot teams. They start out with 5-5 Midland Greenwood and then the winner of Littlefield and Borger. Both these teams are not all that great. I look for Sweetwater to make it to the regional game.........that's about where it ends for them. Region 1 good teams are few and far between.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-08-2005, 11:33 PM

hmm....i seem to remember hearing this from everyone on this board once before.....let me reall the time....AH...yes...it was the same year after we lost 40 seniors (along with a loss to burnet) yet managed to come back the next year and give the almost exact same burnet team the closest game (besides the two state championship losses) they had in 2 years.

gobblerfan02
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Well, I picked Cuero to be in the title game, if we can get past liberty hill, but I'm not sayin who i put against us.....might create a bigger stir..........IM A HOMER BTW!

j_dog
11-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Get in line Mustangpride09. You are just the latest in a long line over the past few years who has tried to wish Jasper away. Here is a thread title from back in 2002: "Why Jasper will be "just another team" in the '03 season...." Well that 03 "just another team" made the Semi's just like the 02 team, and then made the 04 finals last year. True, this year is going to be especially challenging for Jasper, but I do think this squad has it possibilities also. :) They won't quit until the final seconds tick off the clock, you can be sure of that. :)

spiveyrat
11-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Get in line Mustangpride09. You are just the latest in a long line over the past few years who has tried to wish Jasper away. Here is a thread title from back in 2002: "Why Jasper will be "just another team" in the '03 season...." Well that 03 "just another team" made the Semi's just like the 02 team, and then made the 04 finals last year. True, this year is going to be especially challenging for Jasper, but I do think this squad has it possibilities also. :) They won't quit until the final seconds tick off the clock, you can be sure of that. :)

Yep, there's a lot of kids back this year from that "refuse to lose" team we had last year. Lots of heart on this team! :inlove: :cool:

Tweeder215
11-15-2005, 12:40 AM
None of the above. Sweetwater is my pick to take it.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2005, 01:26 AM

Can't give much credibility to someone's picks when all they're
doing is looking at the boxscores. We played half the season
with a considerable amount of multi-position starters out. They
are all back with the exception of an OT.

bigknocc
11-15-2005, 02:18 AM
i like how everyone is just counting marlin out.... i honestly do think that marlin and camron will be in the region 3 finals with marlin winning by 7

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Sweetwater is much like UT.....both VERY good teams, but they cant help they have a weak schedule, but should UT be kept outta the rosebowl just cuz they play weak teams and blow them out by 50+ points????? if they were just 'winning' that would be one thing...but BLOWING THE OTHER TEAMS OUT, is different...sweetwater is the same u talk bout monahans playin a weak schedule and that means we suck but ya'll play weak teams and its unavoidable and wyile won't play for state title this year either gainesville or canyon beats them

sww-bull52
11-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe
u talk bout monahans playin a weak schedule and that means we suck but ya'll play weak teams and its unavoidable and wyile won't play for state title this year either gainesville or canyon beats them

No where in there did he even mention Monohans.

sweetwater07
11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
sweetwater has the possibility to go all the way to at least the semi's being unchallenged...until we start playing region 3 i don't think we will have any tough teams.........not discounting monahans but i don't thinik they have enough speed to get past us

piratebg
11-16-2005, 08:47 PM
The Division 2 title will to go Reg 4 this year. Bring it home Gobblers!!!

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 08:51 PM

Yes I have. Monahans still going strong:D

LewP
11-16-2005, 08:51 PM
I just wonder when Monahans is going to get off of the "Sweetwater doesn't give us any respect" mantra? It's really getting old. We GET it Monahans! We respect ya!!!

Now, that said....tell us in a calm voice why you think Monahans will beat Sweetwater.. C'mon...be rational. Tell us something new besides the respect card..that's getting so old.

lostaussie
11-16-2005, 09:08 PM
shhhhh. ya'll be quiet. you certainly would not want to wake up the defending state champion buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gobblerfan02
11-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Division 2 title will to go Reg 4 this year. Bring it home Gobblers!!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't see one team dominating at all. Cuero would be in a war each week if they had to play in region 3, but that's the luck of the draw and how things have fell into place