PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A div 1 Quarterback

stickandmove
11-06-2005, 11:28 PM
which quarterback will step his game up to exceptional form?

big daddy russ
11-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Ingleside soph. Travis Chrisman... my honest opinion, not trying to be a homer.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Ingleside soph. Travis Chrisman... my honest opinion, not trying to be a homer.

:D sorry but that is a homer pick Sintons QB is the best in the District period:D

WOS1
11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Call me a homer if you want, but Deon Beasley can do it all!

RMAC
11-07-2005, 12:01 AM
The kid from Cantor I think? I heard he was has amazing #'s this year as well as the kid from Cuero. There was a poster from Cuero that had his #'s on here and those were pretty impressive too.

SintonFan
11-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:D sorry but that is a homer pick Sintons QB is the best in the District period:D
The question was who will "step it up" not who is best in the district. :p :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The question was who will "step it up" not who is best in the district. :p :D

they both can step it up but they wont be the main reason for there team success it be the defense which wins in the playoffs. so for the regular season Sintons QB was the best(in district) and has similar numbers as Cueros QB

SintonFan
11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I hope they both do step it up.;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2005, 12:12 AM
:D and the question was best 3a div 1 not div 2 :D

Chris Hart
11-07-2005, 12:16 AM
WOS' Beasley in Div I
Marlin's Jeremy Sanders in Div II

Don't forget about that kid from Wylie....

SintonFan
11-07-2005, 12:23 AM
:D and the question was best 3a div 1 not div 2 :D
lol
:doh: :doh: :doh:

big daddy russ
11-07-2005, 12:24 AM
My bad... didn't see that part.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2005, 12:30 AM
i have ingleside as making it to the 3rd round in the predict it hoopla and thats against Cuero. that maybe a game if ingleside is hitting on all cyclinders

big daddy russ
11-07-2005, 05:14 AM
*PIRACY ALERT*

i have ingleside as making it to the 3rd round in the predict it hoopla and thats against Cuero. that maybe a game if ingleside is hitting on all cyclinders
From what I've been hearing, Ingleside's skill kids have tons of talent but have taken a while to round into form. We're not the fastest team, but quick to the ball and quick on offense, tough to keep up with. Let's just hope they're firing on all cylinders.;)

Old Cardinal
11-07-2005, 08:04 AM
NEXT year(Div. I or Div. II) the best QB will be Go Johnny Go Dishon from Bridge City. He actually is a better baseball player than he is a QB.

exbccards76'smom
11-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Call me a homer if you want, but Deon Beasley can do it all!

You can believe it!! Beasley can throw and run!! WOS should go deep into the playoffs!

Hindsight2020
11-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
NEXT year(Div. I or Div. II) the best QB will be Go Johnny Go Dishon from Bridge City. He actually is a better baseball player than he is a QB.

all of his passes looked like a wounded duck saturday. he is not a passing quarterback.

don't get me wrong, he is good, but he will not be the best in the state next year.

bluechippa75
11-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Either one of Jasper QB's Gilbert Moye #1 or Terrence Scott #4. Both can pass and run.

exbccards76'smom
11-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
all of his passes looked like a wounded duck saturday. he is not a passing quarterback.

don't get me wrong, he is good, but he will not be the best in the state next year.

Every player has a bad day, and Saturday was Johnny's bad day.
For him to rush for 1000 yards, he has to be something special.

Brahmasportsfan
11-07-2005, 10:53 AM
The Rice quarterback is only a soph and will be awesome in the next two years. Rice may move to 2A next year. My pick right now is the Marlin quarterback. Can only judge by what I've seen.

WOS92
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Dishon is a good runner and a mediocre passer. If he can improve his mid-range and long-range passing, he'll be pretty darn good. The problem on Saturday was the speed of the defense. I would imagine that, being quick at the QB position, he can usually figure out who the quick two or three guys are on D and negotiate his way around them. WO-S is built on quickness, not size, and there were just too many fast players to get around, which is why BC had so much trouble running.

football4life
11-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Anthony Ramos of Canyon (jr) has the best stats in 3A according to thsca.com.

179-250, 2802 yds. 29 TDs, 1 Int.
Rushing- 500 yds, 7TDs

Old Cardinal
11-07-2005, 09:02 PM
I totally disagree about this fastest thing. Coleman caught a pass and outran your whole defensive backfield. BC scored 31 points while you scored 14 from the late second quarter on. Quite trying to rewrite history over and over again.
BC completed 11 passes against your team for 192 yards. And the Cardinals showed good speed on the receptions. Someone was saying Dale Armand had few yards and that is true--he ran from the slot and caught 3 timely passes. If someone would have walked up to the game after the half they would have said BC was the better team watching the second half of play.
You looked good but BC looked good also. At the last of the game when BC had the ball and were in position to tie at 41-41 or make a decision to win by 42-41 you were not so sure at that moment what would happen. Unfortunately is was not in the cards to score for BC and they lost the game right at the last in a heart-breaker for them.

Crimestick
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Who said anything about "fastest?" Old Card, I disagree with just about everything you said, but I won't push it here. I think your homerism is well documented here, so I'll just leave it at that. Yes, BC outscored us in the second half, but also had four possessions to WO-S's two plays in which to do so (TD at the end of the half *actually incomplete*, received the ball in second half, WO-S fumbled on second play in half, Beasley returns kick for TD... that's four possessions for BC and two offensive plays for WO-S). BC showed a lot of heart, but WO-S was the better team.

Dishon is a very talented player, but not in the upper echelon statewide if you ask MY opinion. I think Beasley is working that way, but I don't know if he's within reach of the top just yet. He might be the most electrifying player in the state, though.

Good luck next week.

wostexan
11-07-2005, 10:56 PM
OC, when did BC have the ball in the end and in position to tie it up or go ahead? Did I miss something? Didn't BC score to make it 41-34 and try an on-side kick which WO-S recovered and then ran out the clock? BC was never in position to tie or take the lead!

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by wostexan
OC, when did BC have the ball in the end and in position to tie it up or go ahead? Did I miss something? Didn't BC score to make it 41-34 and try an on-side kick which WO-S recovered and then ran out the clock? BC was never in position to tie or take the lead!

dont argue with the man who hasnt had his ensure yet... you know those eyes of his see things one way... totally slanted towards his favor... i mean, remember how WO-S Outlasted BC, but yet the BC JV demolished WO-S JV by 2 points :D

Crimestick
11-07-2005, 11:01 PM
You're correct, wostexan. BC was never in position to "tie or take the lead." They scored to get within seven, tried an onside kick and WO-S recovered. They ran it a few times, picked up a first down, and knelt the ball out. Again - OC's imagination skews the facts from time to time (or most of the time).;)

RoTex4Life
11-07-2005, 11:05 PM
my boy noack from cuero is throwing up excellent numbers...the last 2 games combined he has probably only thrown 5 incomplete passes and has 9 touchdown passes.....i hope he keeps it up during the playoffs

WOS1
11-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
At the last of the game when BC had the ball and were in position to tie at 41-41 or make a decision to win by 42-41 you were not so sure at that moment what would happen. Unfortunately is was not in the cards to score for BC and they lost the game right at the last in a heart-breaker for them.

Ummm... once again OC you were, apparently, watching a completely different game than everyone else in attendance. BC never had the ball again once they pulled to within 34-41. They scored with 1:30 left in the game to make it 41-34. Attempted an onside kick which they did not get and WO-S got a first down then ran out the clock. BC NEVER had "the ball and were in position to tie...", just didn't happen pal. Are you attempting to bend reality or is your memory really that bad.

As for Dishon, I think he will be a good QB next year, but he will need to improve his passing skills which I'm sure he'll work on over the summer. As for the speed, yes Coleman did outrun our defense, he is a fast kid. Our defense, AS A WHOLE, was faster than BC. Our linebackers are fast and so are our defensive lineman. BC does have some fast kids, but the point was that we kept Dishon running which caused some errant throws.

RoTex4Life
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
noack from cuero is throwing up excellent numbers...9 touchdown passes the last 2 games combined

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
my boy noack from cuero is throwing up excellent numbers...the last 2 games combined he has probably only thrown 5 incomplete passes and has 9 touchdown passes.....i hope he keeps it up during the playoffs

i believe its actually 4 incomplete passes... i was talkin to a friend today, told the, the stat line of Noack... and they just looked at me dumbfounded. Noack is probably one of the smartest QBs out there. He makes the SMART pass, and knows how to place it well...

WOS1
11-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
They ran it a few times, picked up a first down, and knelt the ball out. Again - OC's imagination skews the facts from time to time (or most of the time).;)

Can you believe we did that??? According to OC, Hooks will beat you as bad as he can and try to demoralize his opponents. That kneeling the ball with 55 seconds left in the BC side of the field MUST have been a figment of our imagination.:thinking:

RoTex4Life
11-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i believe its actually 4 incomplete passes... i was talkin to a friend today, told the, the stat line of Noack... and they just looked at me dumbfounded. Noack is probably one of the smartest QBs out there. He makes the SMART pass, and knows how to place it well...

lol my bad....i knew it was around 4 or 5....but yeah noack is really throwing it well....it drops in perfectly....the receivers just have to hold their hands out and a ball will fall in...lol

yoemenkracker30
11-07-2005, 11:23 PM
top passing quarterbacks in my opinion, GJ Kinne from Canton and Noack from Cuero, top athletes, Jeremy Sanders from Marlin and Deon Beasley......I heard that Moye went to Diboll to play or somethin like that. Is he back in Jasper?

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 11:23 PM
btw, welcome back ro_tex :)

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
top passing quarterbacks in my opinion, GJ Kinne from Canton and Noack from Cuero, top athletes, Jeremy Sanders from Marlin and Deon Beasley......I heard that Moye went to Diboll to play or somethin like that. Is he back in Jasper?

i dont think anyone knows whats goin on there except moye himself

RoTex4Life
11-07-2005, 11:29 PM
ro_tex_solja was a great poster....he gave great information....but of course every friday when his friend flourhead/pavilion would come over he would post on his name...and this time he got ro tex rommed by being stupid...

Whsdogs
11-08-2005, 12:40 AM
:::::cough:::: Case Keenum ::::cough:::: :D

BIGHANK
01-11-2006, 12:25 AM
moyes stayin in diboll

RMAC
01-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Is it this thread asking who WILL step it up? As in NEXT year? Cuz we can forget all the names I've read so far. As for next year, isn't that kid from Canton only a Jr. this year? I saw his numbers and they were up there. Top 5 QB in 3A, I believe. He'd have to be my pick for next year.