PDA

View Full Version : Cameron vs. Hempstead

theyoefnshow
11-06-2005, 08:28 PM
The game is set for Saturday @ Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco w/ a 7:30 starting time. Should be a great crowd on hand as most teams are playing Friday night so let's TRY to pack the place! I don't know much at all about Hempstead but I do know that the Yoemen went 10-0 for the first time in at least 15 years. Several 9-1 seasons but 10-0 has been a rare thing. Congrats to Coach Mullins on that feat. Anyways, the Yoemen have had 3 very tough games to get up for in closing out the regular season. Against then unbeaten Giddings in week 8, long time rival Rockdale in week 9 and then a battle for the district title against Hutto in week 10. Could a letdown be in their future? Let's hope not. Not to take anything away from Hempstead but everyone is saying this will be a "round 1 blowout." What are ya'lls thoughts/picks? Brian Scott has been out for most of the game in arguably our two biggest games this year w/ Hutto & Giddings but we've still been successful w/ 2nd string QB/1st string cornerback Cordrick Mobley. Here's a thought, even IF Brian is at full stregnth this week, why not move him out to receiver again and leave Mobley @ QB? Hmmm.....

Hempstead:
8/26/05 Royal (Brookshire) W 20-13
9/2/05 Brazos (Wallis) W 50-0
9/9/05 @East Bernard W 21-0
9/16/05 @Columbia (West Columbia) L 14-44
9/23/05 Wharton cancelled
10/7/05 Sealy W 14-13
10/14/05 Navasota W 26-13
10/21/05 Rice (Altair, TX) L 7-28
10/28/05 Bellville L 0-24
11/4/05 @Columbus W 28-6
PF 180 PA 141
Cameron:
8/26/05 Fairfield W 43-10
9/2/05 @Bellville W 28-24
9/9/05 @Franklin W 54-0
9/23/05 Manor W 38-21
9/30/05 @Smithville ( W 70-0
10/7/05 Caldwell W 28-14
10/14/05 @La Grange (TX) ** W 26-10
10/21/05 Giddings W 21-20
10/28/05 Rockdale W 34-20
11/4/05 @Hutto W 17-13
PF 358 PA 132

Clearly the difference is offense. Hepstead looks to have a decent defense that keeps them from getting blown away as shown in Rice & Bellville but their offense looks to be a lil sluggish.....could be interesting but I'm going w/ my Yoemen to run roughshot at least until Quarterfinals.

yoemenkracker30
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
well seeing as how I was at the 2 important games when Brian got hurt and I was right there to take care of him, he should be almost full for this week. As for your comment on putting him at reciever, we need Cordrick on D more than we need him on offense. No offense to his replacement last week in Hutto, but the secondary needs Cordrick to be as solid as possible. There were a couple times last week when some defenders got behind the secondary and if it wasnt for some dropped passes, it could've been a different story. Plus, why put Brian at receiver when he is more dangerous getting the ball every play, then having the option to throw to the likes of Derek Evans, TJ Olivari out of the backfield, Jared Hauk, Cory VornKaul, or Ryan Mikulec? Brian told me last week during the second half of the game he can't wait till he gets back out there. Could this mean look out for the Yoe offense in the playoffs?.....only time will tell

Jetlag
11-06-2005, 09:40 PM
I hope everyone continue to think that way, as far as the blowout. Usually when someone use the term "everyone", they are only voicing their own opinion. When you don't know much about another team, just keep it general. I'd like to congratulate both teams on their seasons.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
You people from Cameron have seen Bellville and Giddings play, how do you see this matchup? I have heard if you stop the Giddings QB you can beat the Buffs? How good is the Buff D?

CHS_CG
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
lets go cameron! D19 baby!

tortilla_man
11-06-2005, 11:57 PM
i think they yoe will win this one, as long as they dont hurt themsleves, you can ask sealy what a bad snap does they are sitting at home because hempstead was abel to take advantage of such a thing. i think the great season hempstead had ends here if the yoe dont have any mental breakdowns!

venomous tat2
11-07-2005, 12:54 PM
GO BOBCATS :clap: :clap: :D

UPanIN
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Cameron is upset by the Bobcats.:eek:

gobbler grad
11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Cameron is upset by the Bobcats.:eek:

You got to be joking...the YOE wins easily, just wait and see...good luck YOEMEN...

ILS1
11-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
You got to be joking...the YOE wins easily, just wait and see...good luck YOEMEN...

I agree. The Yoe should win this game handily!!!

:D

KL3
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I wish the game was closer to home. I would love to see Evans and Tolliver going at it. Tolliver is going to be a big time recruit next year, and Evans is not far behind.

yoemenkracker30
11-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I wish the game was closer to home. I would love to see Evans and Tolliver going at it. Tolliver is going to be a big time recruit next year, and Evans is not far behind.

what do you mean evans isnt far behind?.....umm, evans is a senior this year, and tolliver is a junior, who's behind who?....plus derek's being recruited by plenty schools so why would he have to catch up just because he doesnt get publicized?

yoemenkracker30
11-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You people from Cameron have seen Bellville and Giddings play, how do you see this matchup? I have heard if you stop the Giddings QB you can beat the Buffs? How good is the Buff D?

I dont think its so much stopping Fitzhenry(QB) as it is stopping their big fullback Jarmon. He's a mean machine once he gets some steam. I think this game is too close to call.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-07-2005, 09:19 PM
to underestimate coach sarge would be a mistake

KL3
11-07-2005, 10:52 PM
My bad, I thought Evans was a Jr. If so, that proves my point even more. If indeed he is a Sr. he has not received the offers that Tolliver will in the spring. He will be probably be offered by every Big 12 school before next season starts. The Notre Dame offensive coordinator was in Hempstead a couple of weeks ago, and they have now begun to recruit him.

yoemenkracker30
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
look.....cameron people know that derek is being recruited by people, and thats all we have to know, if you think your boy is better, go a head.....we'll see on saturday wont we?

Jetlag
11-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
look.....cameron people know that derek is being recruited by people, and thats all we have to know, if you think your boy is better, go a head.....we'll see on saturday wont we?
You really won't know any more after saturday than you know now. I'm sure both of these your men will get the opportunity to play D1 football.

ILS1
11-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by KL3
The Notre Dame offensive coordinator was in Hempstead a couple of weeks ago, and they have now begun to recruit him.

I thought the HC Charlie Weis was also the OC @ Notre Dame. Either way,he would've probably have a game to get ready for instead of being at a HS football game in Texas.

yoemenkracker30
11-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I thought the HC Charlie Weis was also the OC @ Notre Dame. Either way,he would've probably have a game to get ready for instead of being at a HS football game in Texas.

Weis is just the head coach, the OC's name is somethin Latina.....John's the first name I think. He was the old offensive coordinator at Ole Miss.

chugbug
11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Yoe will win by alot. Hempstead will get down. There will be players who think that they should be getting more playing time. The old indian ways will come out. They will be fighting in the huddle. Just like the Rice game when they had a player walk out on the team during the game. Just an observation. Go Hempstead. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Brahma73
11-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by KL3
My bad, I thought Evans was a Jr. If so, that proves my point even more. If indeed he is a Sr. he has not received the offers that Tolliver will in the spring. He will be probably be offered by every Big 12 school before next season starts. The Notre Dame offensive coordinator was in Hempstead a couple of weeks ago, and they have now begun to recruit him.

No doubt Tolliver is a stud on the football field, but don't be surprised to see him sign with a major D1 basketball team. That's actually his best sport!

punt
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Chugbug, how is Glover doing in Sealy? Will he be eligible to play bb? Guess the coach will be happy if he is.

Raider Nurse
11-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Let's go Bobcats!!!!!!!!:clap:

theyoefnshow
11-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Time for the human highlight reels of Brian Scott, Derrick Evans and all the rest to begin! Pretty windy outside w/ a 20% chance of rain so that could effect the passing game but I'm not worried at all. 11 hours til kickofff and counting! Time to play the game!!