PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater - Greenwood

wildstangs
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Surprised no one has posted it yet. What are the predictions?

DukeNukem
11-06-2005, 05:22 PM
afraid that the rangers shot every bullet they had last week against monahans. unless the mustangs just have a bad night tackling, i take them by 14.

eagles_victory
11-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Sweetwater will win this game BIG!!

Green Ranger
11-06-2005, 05:58 PM
When and where, I know Thursday and I am assuming if it is in Angelo it will be at Central's/Angelo field but what time. Ranger Mom, how much of Greenwood will show up. I am thinking I might come to this one if I dont have to work. Let me know.

TheDOCTORdre
11-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Sweetwater-37 Greenwood-13

Ranger Mom
11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
When and where, I know Thursday and I am assuming if it is in Angelo it will be at Central's/Angelo field but what time. Ranger Mom, how much of Greenwood will show up. I am thinking I might come to this one if I dont have to work. Let me know.

We didn't have a HUGE crowd Friday night....we have had "fair weather" fans this season. Don't know how many will make it to a Thursday night out of town game....only the die hards, I'm sure!

I will be there! You need to come though, Ashton would love to see you!! (Heck, I might have to hug your neck too!!);)

Ranger05
11-06-2005, 06:47 PM
i wont be able to make this i have to work that night, wish i could though

gobbler grad
11-06-2005, 07:09 PM
gotta go with Sweetwater on this one...see them going very far in the playoffs...good luck to both teams...

THE BEAR
11-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I like Greenwood, but I think Sweetwater might be too much for them this year.

pero chato
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
With all their horses back, Sweetwater by 21.

Green Ranger
11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
What time? San Angelo Stadium on Knickerbocker on Thursday, what time?

wildstangs
11-06-2005, 10:28 PM
7:00...Same time that my class at HSU starts :(

Green Ranger
11-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Does anybody know the quickest way from Fort Worth to San Angelo, would it be 67 and how long does that usually take?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Got to go with the Stangs on this one...they handled them easily earlier in the season and I can't see why they won't again.

sirhc11
11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
With Kendal Carrillo back for the 'Stangs I'll will have to say he will have a big performance and lift Sweetwater to a 35-14 victory...

swtrainer09
11-07-2005, 10:00 AM
I think Sweetwater all the way......
Go Stangs!!!

vet93
11-07-2005, 10:00 AM
You could stay on 67 and go straight to San Angelo. A faster route may be to take interstate 20 and then cut down through cross plains, coleman, ballinger and then San Angelo. OR take I-20 all the way to Abilene and then cut down to San Angelo on Highway 277.

Does anybody know the quickest way from Fort Worth to San Angelo, would it be 67 and how long does that usually take?

Black_Magic
11-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Question? why is this game being played in San Angelo and why on Thursday? It was set for Friday at Grand Comm Stadium for 8:30... What happened?

Bubba-Joe
11-07-2005, 10:22 AM
The game was never set for Grande

Black & Gold
11-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Gotta stick with the district on this one and pick Sweetwater. I think they will take this one in a big way.

XWylieMom
11-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Sweetwater - especially since they have healed from their injuries!

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Sweetwater by 17.

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Question? why is this game being played in San Angelo and why on Thursday? It was set for Friday at Grand Comm Stadium for 8:30... What happened?

I heard that C Jackson was solid on the 8:30 game Friday @ Grande but something about some players being ineligible come Friday changed his mind.... ?????????? :thinking:

Black_Magic
11-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
The game was never set for Grande Yes it was set for Grande at 8:30 for FRIDAY not Thursday. Both had agreed then all of a sudden Sweetwater wants to Flip for sites . Just wondering why?

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes it was set for Grande at 8:30 for FRIDAY not Thursday. Both had agreed then all of a sudden Sweetwater wants to Flip for sites . Just wondering why?
Call me clueless, but how can Wylie and S'water both play at Grande Friday at 8:30? :confused:

Bubba-Joe
11-07-2005, 10:41 AM
WAS NEVER SET FOR GRANDE!!!!
NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR
OR WHAT YOU THINK
I would think snyder folks would be more concered with Monahans anyway

Ranger Mom
11-07-2005, 10:43 AM
As far as I know, Greenwood never knew anything about playing at Grande!

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Well, I'm not sure who will win this game, but I will be rooting for Greenwood. I've seen what Ranger Mom can do to a snake, and I want no part of her getting ahold of me. :eek: ;)

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
As far as I know, Greenwood never knew anything about playing at Grande!

Might want to check a little further into it, could be surprised....
By the way Jubba-Boe Snyder folks are EXCITED about the game with Monahans but I wouldn't call it concerned... Just READY!!!

GO TIGERS, GO TIGERS, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY !!!

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Call me clueless, but how can Wylie and S'water both play at Grande Friday at 8:30? :confused:

Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Might want to check a little further into it, could be surprised....

Still confused. :confused: :confused:

Bubba-Joe
11-07-2005, 11:03 AM
LH mom
I ask you is snyder concered with Monahans or with the Sweetwater - Greenwood game site and date

my goodness

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Still confused. :confused: :confused:

Sorry LH Mom, but were not.... ;)

Black_Magic
11-07-2005, 11:11 AM
I heard that C Jackson was solid on the 8:30 game Friday @ Grande but something about some players being ineligible come Friday changed his mind.... ?????????? :thinking: that would explaine the Thursday Game if thats true. Wonder If someone is ineligable and who...

Bubba-Joe
11-07-2005, 11:12 AM
how many times has a snyder supporter posted on this thread ?
I would think they would be concered about round 1 not round 4

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
LH mom
I ask you is snyder concered with Monahans or with the Sweetwater - Greenwood game site and date

my goodness

Like I said Jubba were not so much concerned as we are excited, we will be ready. But I find it strange that C Jackson changed his mind?

Black_Magic
11-07-2005, 11:15 AM
how many times has a snyder supporter posted on this thread ?
I would think they would be concered about round 1 not round 4 Hey bubba , Why dont you just come out and say SHHHHHH, dont talk about why and where....:clap:

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 11:18 AM
that would explaine the Thursday Game if thats true. Wonder If someone is ineligable and who...

That's some kind of strategy for C Jackson lol, Hmmm good point I wonder..........

Oh and Jubba didn't realize this thread was closed to Snyder Posters ???? ;) Maybe were hitting a nerve???

mulefan
11-07-2005, 11:21 AM
i will really be shocked if snyder wins. i think they have a good team but monahans is rolling right now. good luck to our area anyway!

XWylieMom
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by mulefan
i will really be shocked if snyder wins. i think they have a good team but monahans is rolling right now. good luck to our area anyway!

I understand Monahans being on a roll - but I do believe Snyder is pretty pumped... it's going to be an interesting game no matter what side your on! But, I want the Tigers to win!

Ranger Mom
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey bubba , Why dont you just come out and say SHHHHHH, dont talk about why and where....:clap:

Wow.....this is getting kinda "curious"!:thinking:

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I heard that C Jackson was solid on the 8:30 game Friday @ Grande but something about some players being ineligible come Friday changed his mind.... ?????????? :thinking:

actually witchywoman.....c. jackson never agreed to that...the snyder coach told everyone that all three 4-3A teams were gonna play at grande even though this was never agreed on by our coach..........inelegibility?? our players don't have a problem with that

keenoace
11-07-2005, 01:47 PM
I believe that the Ponies from Sourwater win this one. They played the hardest last Friday agianst Monahans. The rematch goes to Sourwater.

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
I believe that the Ponies from Sourwater win this one. They played the hardest last Friday agianst Monahans. The rematch goes to Sourwater.

we never played monahans......17-6..is that what i heard??

Papa Mustang
11-07-2005, 01:55 PM
I've kept quite as long as I can. Folks, our coaches name is Kent Jackson and Kent does not start with a c. Secondly, we, nor Greenwood ever agreed to play in Midland and if you want to know why, let me know and I'll give you Coach Jackson's phone #. And finally, we have no players who failed so your rumers about that won't fly either. I thought you people learned your lesson about spreading rumers earlier in the year.

keenoace
WAS NEVER SET FOR GRANDE!!!!
NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR
OR WHAT YOU THINK
I would think snyder folks would be more concered with Monahans anyway

Black Magic I think you hit a nerve. Would someone please call the Waaaahhhhhhmmmbulance. He was just asking a question. No need to get all flusterd. Oh by the way i saw the 1983 or 84, whatever year it was, state championship photo the other day and there seems be some graffit on the pressbox steps. I dunno it just looks like it. It kinda funny. The picture was on a program or something like that.

Black_Magic
Originally posted by sweetwater07
actually witchywoman.....c. jackson never agreed to that...the snyder coach told everyone that all three 4-3A teams were gonna play at grande even though this was never agreed on by our coach..........inelegibility?? our players don't have a problem with that The snyder coach told everyone when they played and when asked why it was at 5:30 instead of 7 the answer was because Sweetwater and whoever was set to play at 8:30. thats a fact and one that changed late last week because of some undisclosed reason.......:thinking: The people who operate Gande Comm sure have a different impression. BY the way.. WHY is your game NOW on Thursday?? and Can I quote you as to there are NO players Ineligible because of grades as of 3:30 this comming Friday afternoon? not even any key starters??:thinking:

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Papa Mustang
I've kept quite as long as I can. Folks, our coaches name is Kent Jackson and Kent does not start with a c. Secondly, we, nor Greenwood ever agreed to play in Midland and if you want to know why, let me know and I'll give you Coach Jackson's phone #. And finally, we have no players who failed so your rumers about that won't fly either. I thought you people learned your lesson about spreading rumers earlier in the year.

C is for Coach.....not "cent"

keenoace
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
we never played monahans......17-6..is that what i heard??

Read the thread you dork:nerd: . It's about you guys and greenwood. The rematch between you two jackleg.:nerd: :foul:

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
The snyder coach told everyone when they played and when asked why it was at 5:30 instead of 7 the answer was because Sweetwater and whoever was set to play at 8:30. thats a fact and one that changed late last week because of some undisclosed reason.......:thinking: The people who operate Gande Comm sure have a different impression. BY the way.. WHY is your game NOW on Thursday?? and Can I quote you as to there are NO players Ineligible because of grades as of 3:30 this comming Friday afternoon? not even any key starters??:thinking:

none of our players failed..........angelo states stadium is booked on friday too so thursday is the only option because jackson's thing is never playing on saturday!!

sweetwater07
11-07-2005, 02:02 PM

sounds like your talking about us and monahans

Black_Magic
11-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Calm down. Im asking a legit question. you answered it. Its all good;)

WitchyWoman
C is for Coach.....not "cent"

Thank you 07 that's what I was referring to when I used the "C"
as far as rumors go guess we will find out after Friday... B/C then your suposedly rumored ineligible players will not be able to play the next game right? Good luck to S'water & G'wood hope you both have great games.;)

keenoace
The snyder coach told everyone when they played and when asked why it was at 5:30 instead of 7 the answer was because Sweetwater and whoever was set to play at 8:30. thats a fact and one that changed late last week because of some undisclosed reason.......:thinking: The people who operate Gande Comm sure have a different impression. BY the way.. WHY is your game NOW on Thursday?? and Can I quote you as to there are NO players Ineligible because of grades as of 3:30 this comming Friday afternoon? not even any key starters??:thinking:

They are getting a little defensive about the subject....eh there Blackie. I dont know but it sounds like this all MIGHT be true. If it true well by golly aint this sumthin to talk about. I said MIGHT. Meaning possibly not true. So go back to your trofts it's okay.

keenoace
11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
sounds like your talking about us and monahans

Your right I went back and read it and it does sound like that. Sorry Bout that. But that's what I ment. I ment you guys and g'wood.

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 02:18 PM
none of our players failed..........angelo states stadium is booked on friday too so thursday is the only option because jackson's thing is never playing on saturday!!

REEAAALLLYYYY NO SATURDAY GAMES??????? Then what's he gonna do if ya'll make it to the Semis or wherever and it's on a Saturday? hmmm quite convenient not to play this Saturday.:rolleyes:

SnyderMom
11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Man, this sure is a good read!! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Where and when has no bearing on the game, does it? This sounds like some folks are trying to cause a big stink and it's not smelling too pretty.

keenoace
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
From listening to all these responses from Sourwater folk, it sounds like they know Coach Jackson really well. From not playing on Saturday's to offering his phone number, he must really care about the community of Sourwater. Which I'm sure he does, but that is really going all out. People from Sourwater act like that Coach Jackson comes to everyone's house in that town and explains what the plan is going to be. Where they are going to play, what the game plan is going to be, who's passing, who's failing, and can we find a way to beat whomever this Friday or Thursday whatever day you guys play on. He probably gives everyone a chance to call the first play. Man what an Honor. It wouldn't be hard it's either sweep left or sweep right. It really suprises me. I wish Coach Rogers would come over for a spot of tea and let me know what the crap is going on this Friday. You guys are lucky to have a wonderful Coach like Mr. Kent Jackson. I envy you.:inlove: :inlove: :clap: :clap: WHEW...I HAVE EXCERSISED THE DEMONS.

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Where and when has no bearing on the game, does it? This sounds like some folks are trying to cause a big stink and it's not smelling too pretty.
I think where and when matters more to the coaches than the players. The boys would play on a practice field or in a parking lot if that's what it took.

keenoace
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think where and when matters more to the coaches than the players. The boys would play on a practice field or in a parking lot if that's what it took.
I FREAKIN AGREE.

GWOOD
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Where and when has no bearing on the game, does it?.

Where and when only matters to me because it ruined a near perfect sports weekend.

It was going to start with the Texas Tech men's basketball opener on Thursday evening, Snyder vs. Monahans at Grande early Friday, and then Greenwood/Sweetwater, somewhere, sometime other than Thursday evening.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 02:44 PM

Sorry, I should have specified that where Sweetwater & Greenwood are playing should not matter to anyone from Snyder.

zeus63
11-07-2005, 02:46 PM
This house is clear. (exit short midget lady out the front door)

Just kidding. Some of you guys are being really silly. Their is now way Jackson would pull a stunt like this. that would risk the integrity of his entire program.

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Sorry, I should have specified that where Sweetwater & Greenwood are playing should not matter to anyone from Snyder.

Sorry Mom, that statement wasn't directed at you. Your post just gave me the opportunity to state that it's about the boys not about the fans. The only reason where would matter to me is that I have lived in both places and would love to have seen both teams play in the same night.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Sorry Mom, that statement wasn't directed at you. Your post just gave me the opportunity to state that it's about the boys not about the fans. The only reason where would matter to me is that I have lived in both places and would love to have seen both teams play in the same night.

I completely understand. I just wanted to clarify. :) I'm sure lots of folks would like to attend as many as possible. And you're right about the boys, they'll play anywhere as long as they get to play.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2005, 02:52 PM
From listening to all these responses from Sourwater folk..... he must really care about the community of Sourwater .... People from Sourwater act like that .....

Sourwater??? How old are you anyway?:rolleyes:

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 02:57 PM

And I disagree, I think it matters a great deal to anyone interested in our district which is Sweetwater, Greenwood, Wylie and Snyder etc. etc. so if I choose to take an interest in the things I hear and I choose to share those same items then that's my choice right? I mean that is what the d-low is about. I'm just sharing some things I heard over the weekend and unless this is a "Court of Law" I do believe "hearsay" is admissable here.:)

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Sourwater??? How old are you anyway?:rolleyes:
It would appear that he is a "mature" 22 years old.

Black & Gold
11-07-2005, 03:08 PM
And I disagree, I think it matters a great deal to anyone interested in our district which is Sweetwater, Greenwood, Wylie and Snyder etc. etc. so if I choose to take an interest in the things I hear and I choose to share those same items then that's my choice right? I mean that is what the d-low is about. I'm just sharing some things I heard over the weekend and unless this is a "Court of Law" I do believe "hearsay" is admissable here.:)

Man......Kind of took that personal didn't ya?

Black & Gold
11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
It would appear that he is a "mature" 22 years old.

I know him and he is not mature!!!

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
I know him and he is not mature!!!
Mature in quotes was meant as sarcasism!!!

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Man......Kind of took that personal didn't ya?

Woman.... Not really just responding in kind.

SnyderMom
11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Us Snyder Folk have every right and intention to discuss the venue of the Greewood/Sweetwater game. We in no way are complaining about it...we sensibly asked a question regarding why the time/place was changed. If that comes off as a personal attack I do, hereby appologize.

Thank you, G'day!

mustang68
11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
Us Snyder Folk have every right and intention to discuss the venue of the Greewood/Sweetwater game. We in no way are complaining about it...we sensibly asked a question regarding why the time/place was changed. If that comes off as a personal attack I do, hereby appologize.

Thank you, G'day!

What I fail to understand is why seemingly all posters from Snyder assume there is something amiss with playing on Thursday night in San Angelo. I was told first hand of this venue early last week, and if you will remember talked of this location early last week. Snyder folks kept insisting that it would be Midland. Don't know where you got your information but it was erroneous. Greenwood/Sweetwater was scheduled for San Angelo from the git0-go.
We would have played at Grande if we were to play Monahans
By the way no varsity players were on the failure list.

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Well that's good to hear, thanks for clearing that up. :D

wildstangs
11-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Ponies?? Shouldn't you be calling Sweetwater "daddy" since we do win the last game between the two schools?

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Got to go with the Stangs on this one...they handled them easily earlier in the season and I can't see why they won't again.

I agree, the Stangs should take this one easliy.

Stang_Fan713
11-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Good Luck S'water, lets keep this season rolling! :D

Tweeder215
11-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Sweetwater by at least 14, prolly 21+

Black_Magic
11-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
What I fail to understand is why seemingly all posters from Snyder assume there is something amiss with playing on Thursday night in San Angelo. I was told first hand of this venue early last week, and if you will remember talked of this location early last week. Snyder folks kept insisting that it would be Midland. Don't know where you got your information but it was erroneous. Greenwood/Sweetwater was scheduled for San Angelo from the git0-go.
We would have played at Grande if we were to play Monahans
By the way no varsity players were on the failure list. Hey Ranger mom... did you talk to a coach from Greenwood yet and Conferm that the game WAS set for Midland at 8:30 Friday.. Id bet if you did they would conferm that it was..... I think Its funny that this has happened. I think it will be even better to find out next week that 2 or 3 starters became ineligible for grades. It would lend this "Rumor" LOL some credibility. the truth will come out in a few days so let it come. then let the scrambling to justify it begin LOL:clap:

Ranger Mom
11-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Ranger mom... did you talk to a coach from Greenwood yet and Conferm that the game WAS set for Midland at 8:30 Friday.. Id bet if you did they would conferm that it was..... I think Its funny that this has happened. I think it will be even better to find out next week that 2 or 3 starters became ineligible for grades. It would lend this "Rumor" LOL some credibility. the truth will come out in a few days so let it come. then let the scrambling to justify it begin LOL:clap:

Actually, NO...that's just a too much "drama" for me!!:D

Bubba-Joe
11-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Once again
Black Magic is sooooo concered with the Rangers and the Mustangs.

Last post on this

Sweetwater never agreed to play Greenwood at Grande.

(Remember our conversation last week Ranger mom?)

Sweetwater lost no players to grades.

Green Ranger
11-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Alright Children, the game is played on the field between the whistles. Be it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday it does not matter. The site and time have to be approved by both coaches. Whether the Mustangs or Rangers will have players who failed come Friday is a mute point. I am all for trash talking, but lets not allow this to take away from this game. Not knowing what has happened the past two years between these two, I remember two teams who played each other deep in the play-offs when Sweetwater lost but came over as a team and wished the Rangers Good Luck the rest of the way, then I knew several Mustangs that came to games there after cheering on the Rangers. As an Past Ranger, best wishes to both teams and may the best team win. I can only hope that my Rangers win and play again next week as it does not look like I can make it to this one. Safe Travel to all those going.

DaHop72
11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Alright Children, the game is played on the field between the whistles. Be it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday it does not matter. The site and time have to be approved by both coaches. Whether the Mustangs or Rangers will have players who failed come Friday is a mute point. I am all for trash talking, but lets not allow this to take away from this game. Not knowing what has happened the past two years between these two, I remember two teams who played each other deep in the play-offs when Sweetwater lost but came over as a team and wished the Rangers Good Luck the rest of the way, then I knew several Mustangs that came to games there after cheering on the Rangers. As an Past Ranger, best wishes to both teams and may the best team win. I can only hope that my Rangers win and play again next week as it does not look like I can make it to this one. Safe Travel to all those going.
Ahh heck GR, done mine those two. Bubba and Black Magic have one of those love hate relationships if you know what I mean.

mustang68
11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey Ranger mom... did you talk to a coach from Greenwood yet and Conferm that the game WAS set for Midland at 8:30 Friday.. Id bet if you did they would conferm that it was..... I think Its funny that this has happened. I think it will be even better to find out next week that 2 or 3 starters became ineligible for grades. It would lend this "Rumor" LOL some credibility. the truth will come out in a few days so let it come. then let the scrambling to justify it begin LOL:clap:

BM you live up to your moniker.

Black_Magic
11-08-2005, 10:27 AM

Last post on this

sure it is:rolleyes:

heck Bubba just come out and say SHHHHHH stop talking about it!! BTW bubba.. San Angelo is 95 miles from Snyder and 90 From Sweetwater... Big Spring is 50 miles from Snyder and 53 from Sweetwater.. both midpoints.:D

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Once again
Black Magic is sooooo concered with the Rangers and the Mustangs.

Last post on this

(Remember our conversation last week Ranger mom?)

Sweetwater lost no players to grades.

He just want to find out when the game is. Give him a break BUBBA HICK. Don't you think it is kinda funny that the almighty traditional Sweetwater is playing a Bi-District game on a thursday. That's just not west texas football. Soon there will be a movie out call Thursday Night Lights. Starring Bubba Joe as the Coach.

jmcgee
11-08-2005, 10:33 AM
He just want to find out when the game is. Give him a break BUBBA HICK. Don't you think it is kinda funny that the almighty traditional Sweetwater is playing a Bi-District game on a thursday. That's just not west texas football. Soon there will be a movie out call Thursday Night Lights. Starring Bubba Joe as the Coach. And Keenoace as the area Jack@$$.

jmcgee
11-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm Just Kidding Keenoace.

Bubba-Joe
11-08-2005, 10:35 AM
He just want to find out when the game is.

does he know yet
I mean I know some folks in snyder are slow
but good grief how many time you gotta be told

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
And Keenoace as the area Jack@$$.

oh your a bright one.

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm Just Kidding Keenoace.

Oh sorry then. It's cool. It's just really hard to tell on here ya know.

SnyderMom
11-08-2005, 10:41 AM
does he know yet

Well if circumstances, being what they are, hadn't left him questionable, he wouldn't have asked as much...Jubba Boe, duh!!? :D

SnyderMom
11-08-2005, 10:42 AM
oh your a bright one.

This is not directed toward anyone!! *disclaimer*

You're one taco short of a combination plate!!! :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :eek:

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
does he know yet

Stop Bubba. LMFAO you are killing me. It's getting the rise out of you that makes all this fun. For the longest time I was just reading and never really decided to get on until your mouth opened up.

Black_Magic
11-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Bubba when you send a PM its best yours is empty if your asking a question.;)

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Stop Bubba. LMFAO you are killing me. It's getting the rise out of you that makes all this fun. For the longest time I was just reading and never really decided to get on until your mouth opened up.

Talking about getting on the DL that is. Just to clarify for you SLOW PEOPLE.

Black_Magic
11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Big Country playoff pairings sites and times

Big Country Football Playoff Pairings 11.08.05

November 8, 2005

Class 5A

Div. I

Region I

Midland Lee vs. Mansfield Summit, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Mustang Bowl, Sweetwater

San Angelo Central vs. El Paso Franklin, 8 p.m. Friday, Sun Bowl, El Paso

Div. II

Region I

Midland High vs. North Crowley, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Shotwell Stadium, Abilene

Abilene High vs. Weatherford, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Gordon Wood Stadium, Brownwood

Class 4A

Div. I

Region I

Stephenville vs. Sherman, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Collins Athletic Complex, Denton

Div. II

Region I

Big Spring vs. Pampa, 3 p.m. Saturday, Lowrey Field, Lubbock

Region II

Brownwood vs. Everman, 2 p.m. Saturday, Anderson Stadium, Mansfield

Class 3A

Div. I

Region I

Wylie vs. Seminole, 8:30 p.m. Friday, Grande Communications Stadium, Midland

Div. II

Region I

Snyder vs. Monahans, 5:30 p.m. Friday, Grande Communications Stadium, Midland

Sweetwater vs. Midland Greenwood, 7 p.m. Thursday, San Angelo Stadium

Breckenridge vs. Sanger, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Birdville Fine Arts and Athletics Complex

Comanche vs. Bridgeport, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saginaw

Class 2A

Div. I

Region I

Early vs. Colorado, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Shotwell Stadium, Abilene

Region II

Eastland vs. Boyd, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Saginaw Boswell

Div. II

Region I

Hawley vs. Bangs, 7 p.m. Saturday at Gordon Wood Stadium, Brownwood

Anson vs. Coleman, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Indian Stadium, Tuscola

Region II

Paradise vs. Cisco, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Pennington Field, Bedford

Class A

Region II

Haskell vs. Sterling City, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Badger Stadium, Merkel

Baird vs. Windthorst, 7 p.m. Thursday, Buckaroo Stadium, Breckenridge

Albany vs. Roscoe, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Blizzard Stadium, Winters

Goldthwaite vs. Alvord, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Burleson

Six-Man

Region I

Highland at Robert Lee, 7:30 p.m. Friday

Region III

Throckmorton vs. Aspermont, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Bulldog Stadium, Stamford

Rule vs. Newcastle, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Greyhound Stadium, Knox City

Strawn vs. Blum, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Tiger Stadium, Hico

Region IV

Blanket vs. Santa Anna, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Rising Star

Richland Springs vs. May, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Bangs

TAPPS Six-man

Division I

Regional

Abilene Christian High School vs. El Paso Jesus Chapel, Friday or Saturday, Elmer Gray Stadium

Strange!!!!:confused: :thinking: I dont see a game at all scheduled for Friday at San Angelo..... Wonder why it is not being played on Friday instead of Thusday??? After all ineligibility starts friday at 3:30...

Black_Magic
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
none of our players failed..........angelo states stadium is booked on friday too so thursday is the only option because jackson's thing is never playing on saturday!! According to all the info about all the west texas playoff sites and pairings the SA stadium IS NOT booked for friday.... SO Why Thurday???:thinking:

mustang04
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
you know what i think is funny....i can actually sense how bad the tigers are praying that some sweetwater players fail.....its sooo obvious hahaha then they might actually "stand a chance" hahaha keep praying tiggers, hey blacky...did ya know that ASU is in the playoffs??? they play here in san angelo saturday!

wildstangs
11-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow..Will Black Magic ever get over his envy of Sweetwater? I know he is still pretty upset about Sweetwater wrecking the Tigers first ever unbeaten year, but gosh enough is enough.

I remember a couple of years ago when Snyder and Wylie met in the playoffs in San Angelo. Did anyone accuse you guys of having different motives for playing in San Angelo when there was a better site only 30 minutes between the two? And yes, Sweetwater was a much better venue.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
man first that ship almost got taken over by pirates now this thread. come on snyder this thread isnt about yall.

swtrainer09
11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
i just want to let everyone who THINKS they know all about sweetwater's pass/fail situation.......NO ONE IS FAILING ON OUR TEAM......my gosh...You people can't let anything go to rest, even after you've been told by MANY sweetwater folks that were aren't failing.....

p.s.-- if anyone has any problem with my comment or knowledge.....DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-08-2005, 08:16 PM
WOW!! I have a headache from all that reading.

I probably saw this somewhere but now I don't remember....what time does this game start?? 7:00 or 7:30?

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2005, 08:17 PM

I probably saw this somewhere but now I don't remember....what time does this game start?? 7:00 or 7:30?

:doh: :doh: Oh man! You mean this thread was supposed to be about a game?

HighSchool Fan
11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
go Greenwood. i gotta support the Mom's teams.

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
me too.....GO RANGERS!!!!! :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
go Greenwood. i gotta support the Mom's teams.

AWWWWW!!! Much love!!:kiss: :inlove: :kiss:

sWaterislife
11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
OF course rumors are rumors... And we can get all Hyped over something that might be true ... But comon...

Our year has simply been.. "Who's Going to Step Up" At the Beginning of the year we did not have Austin Davis or Rufus McCann, IN the middle we didnt have Carillo, Cunnings, and Some of our Defense... And now were full strength and even if the rumors are right who could be that valuable that would replace what we've played without through the year... So who cares... Lets Get through the first couple of rounds and then we'll talk...

I would like to see Snyder win this first round But its certainly not a cupcake opponent.. Lets get past this round then we can see how much is true and also how much Crow everybody might be eating..lol...

sWaterislife
11-08-2005, 08:40 PM

8 pm est ;)

keenoace
11-08-2005, 09:59 PM
But what gets me is that it's a playoff game, yeah Sweetwater and Greenwood have played before, why would you not want another day to prepare for the team your playing that week. It seem like they may try and take Greenwood as a push-over. I dunno just my opinion. 9 out of the 10 teams that play in the playoffs are gonna take that extra day to prepare no matter who it is.:thinking: :thinking:

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
you know what i think is funny....i can actually sense how bad the tigers are praying that some sweetwater players fail.....its sooo obvious hahaha then they might actually "stand a chance" hahaha keep praying tiggers, hey blacky...did ya know that ASU is in the playoffs??? they play here in san angelo saturday!

Praying that some fail? OK, we didn't have to last year, why should we this year?

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Never the less, I would like to see another Snyder, Sweetwater matchup.

Stownhorse
11-08-2005, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by S-Town Tiger
Never the less, I would like to see another Snyder, Sweetwater matchup. [/QUOTE

Trust me you will.....

wildstangs
11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Black Magic...I did a bit of looking around. You took the pairings from a local newspaper, which failed to mention the fact that Crane and Ozona are playing at San Angelo on Friday Night.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Black Magic...I did a bit of looking around. You took the pairings from a local newspaper, which failed to mention the fact that Crane and Ozona are playing at San Angelo on Friday Night.

Ohhhh...that should be a good game too!!

jmcgee
11-09-2005, 10:23 AM
OK Just to make Blackie happy 11 players are failing. Is everyone happy now.

sWaterislife
11-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I guess this is just spliting hairs but ..lol.. Why isnt GREENwood Colors Green?

I mean if you're going to be Greenwood Why not be Green...

Just kidding...

The games against Greenwood are always special to me because the last chance i had to watch a game with my Dad was the playoff game against Greenwood in Lubbock.. Which Sweetwater was driving for the go-ahead Touchdown in the last secs and M.Carillo's Lateral was fumbled on The Ranger 20 yd line... Giving Greenwood the Win... So in some way Greenwood for me is a rival that i enjoy Seeing for the memories of it all... It was a great game and i hope that this game against them will Be just As Competitive .... And of course this time Sweetwater Gets the Win...

Ranger05
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by sWaterislife
I guess this is just spliting hairs but ..lol.. Why isnt GREENwood Colors Green?

I mean if you're going to be Greenwood Why not be Green...

Just kidding...

The games against Greenwood are always special to me because the last chance i had to watch a game with my Dad was the playoff game against Greenwood in Lubbock.. Which Sweetwater was driving for the go-ahead Touchdown in the last secs and M.Carillo's Lateral was fumbled on The Ranger 20 yd line... Giving Greenwood the Win... So in some way Greenwood for me is a rival that i enjoy Seeing for the memories of it all... It was a great game and i hope that this game against them will Be just As Competitive .... And of course this time Sweetwater Gets the Win... yea i have to agree with u except for the greenwood win, but ive always enjoyed playing against sweetwater, and i now i enjoy watching greenwood play sweetwater most of the games have been pretty competitive and close the last couple years except for the last 2 years.

wildstangs
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM

Not funny dude.

jmcgee
11-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Not funny dude. Its just what they want to hear. Maybe now they will drop it.

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Its just what they want to hear. Maybe now they will drop it.

Aren't we such a comedian??? If yall are soo strong just admit if someone is failing, personally I don't care but just don't be shady. We didn't hide Jonny's failing. (#44) *Back earlier in the season.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 11:42 AM
In my opinon.....Greenwood is the one who should be worried about this, not Snyder or anyone else, at this point!

No one from Greenwood is making a big deal about it, our Coach has talked to the Sweetwaters Coach and was satisfied with what he was told.

Let's drop it!

Papa Mustang
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I just talked to K. Carrillo and no one failed, period.

Rainman
11-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Sweetwater rolls over the Rangers

sweetwater07
11-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Sweetwater rolls over the Rangers

lets hope so!! this week>> sweetwater 42- greenwood-14<< hahaha

WTF-82
11-09-2005, 02:47 PM
DID CARRILLO PLAY AGAINST SNYDER

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 02:48 PM
lets hope so!! this week>> sweetwater 42- greenwood-14<< hahaha

No..no...no!!

We have already DONE that....let's not be redundant!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

DaHop72
11-09-2005, 02:48 PM
No he did not.

WTF-82
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM
THANK YOU JUST WONDERING I DID NOT KNOW IF CARRILLO PLAYED OR NOT AGAINST SNYDER

Black & Gold
11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by S-Town Tiger
Aren't we such a comedian??? If yall are soo strong just admit if someone is failing, personally I don't care but just don't be shady. We didn't hide Jonny's failing. (#44) *Back earlier in the season.

Here is someone using names and it was not edited. Isn't this against the rules? It was on another thread!!!

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Where is Jubba-Boe?????????? :confused: He must have got hold of some bad whiskey:thinking:

jmcgee
11-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Later guys got to go to work so i can make it to the game tomarrow night.

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Here is someone using names and it was not edited. Isn't this against the rules? It was on another thread!!!

My bad on names......But he is back and deadly so nothing to worrie about!!!

swaterfan
11-09-2005, 11:31 PM

actually there are 12 failing and 5 withdrew from school

mustang04
11-10-2005, 12:12 AM
this just in..... all the sweetwater players were caught by the UIL having all passing grades, so by rule and strong opinion of snyder, they have to forfeit from the playoffs

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
THANK YOU JUST WONDERING I DID NOT KNOW IF CARRILLO PLAYED OR NOT AGAINST SNYDER name used

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh c'mon guys....let's quit being so danged petty!

A player does not need to be named if you are bashing him/her, etc.

If you are asking a simple question, like "is 'so and so' gonna play"...where is the harm?

Let's use a little common sense here!:rolleyes:

jmcgee
11-10-2005, 09:43 AM
You tell him RM

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Im not sure what can be discused anymore. names can be used- names cant be used. You can attack some peoples credibility out right- then on the other hand you cant mention the posibility of a situation whithout someone saying your OUTRIGHT attacking the credibility of someone by mentioning a posible senario..It confusing.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Im not sure what can be discused anymore. names can be used- names cant be used. You can attack some peoples credibility out right- then on the other hand you cant mention the posibility of a situation whithout someone saying your OUTRIGHT attacking the credibility of someone by mentioning a posible senario..It confusing.

I can see your point. I have come to the conclusion myself that what bothers one moderator may not necessarily bother the next one.

Like the signatures, I am not vigilant about that...I could really care less. My main concern on here is keeping the bad language off the board and making sure the arguments don't get out of control!

jmcgee
11-10-2005, 10:01 AM
10 more hours until kick-off.

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh c'mon guys....let's quit being so danged petty!

A player does not need to be named if you are bashing him/her, etc.

If you are asking a simple question, like "is 'so and so' gonna play"...where is the harm?

Let's use a little common sense here!:rolleyes:
I agree Mom, I don't think it's confusing if a person will just use a little common sense. Maybe some people have more common sense than others.:thinking: :thinking:

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
this just in..... all the sweetwater players were caught by the UIL having all passing grades, so by rule and strong opinion of snyder, they have to forfeit from the playoffs Man will this quote ever be a classic if someone failed or what!:clap:

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I can see your point. I have come to the conclusion myself that what bothers one moderator may not necessarily bother the next one.

Like the signatures, I am not vigilant about that...I could really care less. My main concern on here is keeping the bad language off the board and making sure the arguments don't get out of control!

Now see I completly agree with this quote. EVERYONE should be able to discuss ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they choose to, and bring it to this OPEN forum, with exception of the players names, and foul language. I'm with Black Magic on the discussion of scenarios and so called rumors. Sweetwater/Snyder are only 35 min from each other and lots of people have friends/family in each town. So if we hear something and want to discuss I think it should fly... without getting warnings from Moderators as long as it's done with tact.... :)

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
with tact.... :)
Ah ha, now that is the key word. Use some tact before you post and then maybe there won't be a problem. Good word WW.:clap:

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Well thank you!

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Ah ha, now that is the key word. Use some tact before you post and then maybe there won't be a problem. Good word WW.:clap: Great! NOW... Find a post on the subject in question that does not fit that discription....

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Great! NOW... Find a post on the subject in question that does not fit that discription....

My point exactly I thought we used tact during the entirety of our post on that particular discussion. Just think it rubbed someone the wrong way, but not my problem right.

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Great! NOW... Find a post on the subject in question that does not fit that discription....
Personally there are a multitude of posts on that very thread that do not fit the term "tact" if you take the blinders off and read them from an unabiased opinion.

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Personally there are a multitude of posts on that very thread that do not fit the term "tact" if you take the blinders off and read them from an unabiased opinion. Great! now find one quote it and we can discuss it.:thumbsup:

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 11:07 AM
tact: delicate perception of the right thing to say or do without offending.

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
tact: delicate perception of the right thing to say or do without offending.

LOL is that really done anywhere @ anytime on this board?
I don't think soooooooooooooooo.

This is a..............................

Smashmouth/Rivalry/Tradition Texas Football Forum and tact I think honestly will have to be reserved for the Board (bored) Room. :devil: :D :kiss:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 11:21 AM

This is a..............................

Smashmouth/Rivalry/Tradition Texas Football Forum and tact I think honestly will have to be reserved for the Board (bored) Room. :devil: :D :kiss:

HAHAHAHA!!!! That was GREAT!!:clap: :clap:

I have to agree, if we are all "nicey nice" and all wishing each other "good luck"....it's...well....that's not football!! That's a tea party!!!

I love the back and forth banter....the "contraversy"...those are my favorite threads!!

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Meeeeeee TOOOOO!!! I can't wait to get on here every morning and see who's jabbing who and what all the comebacks are. :D

injuredinmelee
11-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Now see I completly agree with this quote. EVERYONE should be able to discuss ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they choose to, and bring it to this OPEN forum, with exception of the players names, and foul language. I'm with Black Magic on the discussion of scenarios and so called rumors. Sweetwater/Snyder are only 35 min from each other and lots of people have friends/family in each town. So if we hear something and want to discuss I think it should fly... without getting warnings from Moderators as long as it's done with tact.... :)

I dotn think you should use a kids name when you are discussing something negative. Like saying a certain kid failed from Sweetwater esp if it is specualtion. Bringing a high school kids name out in the open in a negative light is defamation. It doesn't have to be allowed on this board. If the people put in place to monitor the proceedings of the borad dont want to allow it then you have to live with that or go to another place and do it. I would bet you that you go to some of the other high school message boards and post a kids name in a defaming way that you will be reprimanded there also. They are just kids. It does nothing but soil a persons reputation and being that about 99% of us do not know the kids we are talking about in a negative light personally, we have no reason to be passing along or supporting rumors. We go by what we hear at the coffee shop, Dairy Queen, or on message boards but that doesnt make whwat we are sayign right. If you have no intimate knowledge of the situation you should not be making comments anyhow, and damn sure shouldnt be besmearing a kids name in an open forum. Speaking of Open Forum's such as this: I have said this before, this is a private board. you must register to be a part of it and you must be approved to be a part of it. Ownership or the persons that ownership has put in control are the final word on matters. If you want to argue censorship or etc go hug a tree cause this isnt the place for free speech.

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
back to the sweetwater greenwood game!!!.......no one is failing and thats the facts.........sweetwater takes it >>>42-14<<<

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 11:45 AM
To mention a name of a kid who has or may be failing is wrong and crossing the line. To mention the posibility of failing students without mentioning any name has to be ok. that should go without saying. but some think even to mention the posibility of it as wrong.:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 11:46 AM
back to the sweetwater greenwood game!!!.......no one is failing and thats the facts.........sweetwater takes it >>>42-14<<< going to be closer. Greenwood is better than Clyde any day. look out.

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I dotn think you should use a kids name when you are discussing something negative. Like saying a certain kid failed from Sweetwater esp if it is specualtion. Bringing a high school kids name out in the open in a negative light is defamation. It doesn't have to be allowed on this board. If the people put in place to monitor the proceedings of the borad dont want to allow it then you have to live with that or go to another place and do it. I would bet you that you go to some of the other high school message boards and post a kids name in a defaming way that you will be reprimanded there also. They are just kids. It does nothing but soil a persons reputation and being that about 99% of us do not know the kids we are talking about in a negative light personally, we have no reason to be passing along or supporting rumors. We go by what we hear at the coffee shop, Dairy Queen, or on message boards but that doesnt make whwat we are sayign right. If you have no intimate knowledge of the situation you should not be making comments anyhow, and damn sure shouldnt be besmearing a kids name in an open forum. Speaking of Open Forum's such as this: I have said this before, this is a private board. you must register to be a part of it and you must be approved to be a part of it. Ownership or the persons that ownership has put in control are the final word on matters. If you want to argue censorship or etc go hug a tree cause this isnt the place for free speech.

Ok the point about a kids name being used I'm with you on that... The person that named said student was from Sweetwater not Snyder. The only thing Snyder Posters talked about was the issue of, are students that participate on the Mustang Football Program going to be failing at 3:30 Friday... We did not name names persay we just asked the question........ Plus our comments of being able to speak out were not so important to us as the censorship being conducted towards everything we expressed. When if you LOOK there are several threads on here that name names, ours was targeted b/c supposedly we were speaking about rumors and hear say.... As I've said before this board is about opinions, thoughts, hearsay which all boil down to rumors. So what was different about ours???? Oh and about hugging a tree???????

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 11:49 AM
going to be closer. Greenwood is better than Clyde any day. look out.

what do you think those tiggers will do against the loboes??

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 12:09 PM
what do you think those tiggers will do against the loboes?? Win:)

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
What he said !!!!

sWaterislife
11-10-2005, 01:03 PM
*STEERING THE CONVERSATION BACK TO Swater vs Greenwood*

I have two more hours of work and then im off to change into the red shirt, pick up the wife, pick up the uncle, Head to San Angelo.. Pick up the cousin.. Eat at Hernandez's And Go to the Game... Alas... playoff Football at its finest... HOPEFULLY>.. :D

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 01:07 PM

I have two more hours of work and then im off to change into the red shirt, pick up the wife, pick up the uncle, Head to San Angelo.. Pick up the cousin.. Eat at Hernandez's And Go to the Game... Alas... playoff Football at its finest... HOPEFULLY>.. :D
Drive safely!!

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM

Hernandez's is certainly good, but if you want real real good, you should try Franco's, on MLK and about 21st I think. Best chilie relleno I have ever had by a long shot.
Enrique's aint bad either!

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 01:24 PM
I ate at a mexican place last year that was on that main road (whatever 87 turns into)......I remember they had a mariachi band there.....it seemed like it was a woman's name though!!!

They had good margarita's whatever it was!!:D

shellman54
11-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I hope Greenwood wins, but I have to put the spread at Sweetwater (-14)

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I ate at a mexican place last year that was on that main road (whatever 87 turns into)......I remember they had a mariachi band there.....it seemed like it was a woman's name though!!!

They had good margarita's whatever it was!!:D

Their drinks are great but the food is just eatable at best. I know where your talking about. It is on Bryant, just before you get to Knickerboker. It has a mexican name that I can say but cannot spell.
There is no shortage of good mexican food restaurants in San Angelo, but trust me, Franco's is the best and its just a block or two off of 87, just barely after you get into town. I can get better directions for you, if you want.

sWaterislife
11-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Hernandez's is certainly good, but if you want real real good, you should try Franco's, on MLK and about 21st I think. Best chilie relleno I have ever had by a long shot.
Enrique's aint bad either!

I'll have to ask my cousin if She's been there.. They like that hernandez's so last time we were down for the SanAngelo Lakeview game we ate there... But if there's a better place.. What i like about hernandez's is there hotsauce.. It's no tomato paste that you get anywhere else... Believe you me.. I wish i could get a jar of it to take back home... Good But it's got a bite to it...

How can you do work when you're getting more hyped about a game as the hours get closer to kickoff...? :confused:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Their drinks are great but the food is just eatable at best. I know where your talking about. It is on Bryant, just before you get to Knickerboker. It has a mexican name that I can say but cannot spell.
There is no shortage of good mexican food restaurants in San Angelo, but trust me, Franco's is the best and its just a block or two off of 87, just barely after you get into town. I can get better directions for you, if you want.

I thought the food was good too.......although, I did have one of those Grande Margaritas before eating though!:D

I just remember my husband being glad to get home because I INSISTED that I "stretch out" on the way home.....which is not easy in a single cab truck!!

I Bleed Red08
11-10-2005, 01:49 PM
we never played monahans......17-6..is that what i heard?? i believe so :thinking:

injuredinmelee
11-10-2005, 01:50 PM
wheres the meet and greet for this one at? I might just make that one. The thought of driving all the way to the metro-mess tonight and back to watch IP is daunting. But I will let the quarter decide later. If it wasnt for Wylie playing in Midland tomorrow and the UT game sat id be in Justin tonight but crap I have put over 1000 miles on the heaptie the last couple of weeks going to High School and college games.

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM
wheres the meet and greet for this one at? I might just make that one. The thought of driving all the way to the metro-mess tonight and back to watch IP is daunting. But I will let the quarter decide later. If it wasnt for Wylie playing in Midland tomorrow and the UT game sat id be in Justin tonight but crap I have put over 1000 miles on the heaptie the last couple of weeks going to High School and college games.
Yes sir, but your a football fan and you love it don't you.

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
I'll have to ask my cousin if She's been there.. They like that hernandez's so last time we were down for the SanAngelo Lakeview game we ate there... But if there's a better place.. What i like about hernandez's is there hotsauce.. It's no tomato paste that you get anywhere else... Believe you me.. I wish i could get a jar of it to take back home... Good But it's got a bite to it...

How can you do work when you're getting more hyped about a game as the hours get closer to kickoff...? :confused:

is this place expensive??

I Bleed Red08
11-10-2005, 01:53 PM
i donno but im goin to fuentes or sumthin like that they have some great mexican food

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 01:55 PM
is this place expensive??

No, it's not too expensive. 2 of you should be able to eat for less than $20 easy enough.

sweetwater07
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
i donno but im goin to fuentes or sumthin like that they have some great mexican food

who are you going with....??

sweetwater07
No, it's not too expensive. 2 of you should be able to eat for less than $20 easy enough.

cool.....i gotta find another job!!

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Sweetwater/Greenwood what's the atmosphere in town and at the schools been like today????

mustang68
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
5 hours and counting:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 02:57 PM
5 hours and counting:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:
68 does it represent year of graduation.

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
68 does it represent year of graduation.

That would sure make me old !!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How appropriate for my 68th post:cool:

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
That would sure make me old !!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
It would but is that what it represents.:D :D

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:05 PM
It would but is that what it represents.:D :D

Why do you ask?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Why do you ask?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I figured if that was the year of graduation I might know you. My sister graduated in 69 and I am a 72 grad myself.

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I figured if that was the year of graduation I might know you. My sister graduated in 69 and I am a 72 grad myself.
You would know my wife then. She graduated in 72. Pam Pool

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM

At half time at the north end of the field (on the walkway behind the field goal uprights).....I think it's the north end anyway. Whatever one is opposite of the scoreboard.

It's a horseshoe, we are meeting at the bottom of the "U"!:D

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
You would know my wife then. She graduated in 72. Pam Pool

I do remember Pam very well:wave: :wave:

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I do remember Pam very well:wave: :wave:
Yes, I remember Pam as well. So by knowing Pam, would the answer to my question be yes.

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Yes, I remember Pam as well. So by knowing Pam, would the answer to my question be yes.

The answer you are seeking would be in the affirmative.

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:27 PM
The answer you are seeking would be in the affirmative.
Heck, I knew you would come clean eventually. Can't do a fellow alumni that way now can we??:)

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Not trying to be evasive, but I have several students trying to figure out my handle on downlow. I quess the proverbial cat is now out of the bag:(
Without coming straight out and telling you, I was one of Jack Carson's best friends.:)

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Not trying to be evasive, but I have several students trying to figure out my handle on downlow. I quess the proverbial cat is now out of the bag:(
Without coming straight out and telling you, I was one of Jack Carson's best friends.:)
Name was a car once upon a time.

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Absolutely. Best Metro made in 1950

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Thank you for your discretion;)

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Thank you for your discretion;)
Do you remember a girl named Rosanna?

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Do you remember a girl named Rosanna?
Does not come immediately to mind.

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Roseann Rosanna Danna from SNL?

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Rosanna Rosanna Danna from SNL?
Nope, more on the grassHopper side.

mustang68
11-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Nope, more on the grassHopper side.
Absolutely! Beautiful girl. Had to go to the annual:doh: :doh: :doh:

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I can feel the excitment from here........ Bet the Mustangs and Greenwood are ROLLING out right about now.... Good Luck to you both. Safe trips home and injury free. ;)

S-Town Tiger
11-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Somewhere in the midst of this novel I caught a foul word!!!!!!!:eek:

mustang04
11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by S-Town Tiger
Somewhere in the midst of this novel I caught a foul word!!!!!!!:eek:

im about to get cleaned up then meet jason and mark then go eat, then go to the game!!!! ill have some pix postes tonight of the 3adownlow ppl, and the game

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 06:22 PM
im about to get cleaned up then meet jason and mark then go eat, then go to the game!!!! ill have some pix postes tonight of the 3adownlow ppl, and the game
Good luck to the Mustangs and get some good pictures.