PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Madison vs. Van Alstyne

dogdad
11-06-2005, 04:41 PM
what do the Madison fans think about this game being played at VA's home stadium?
will there be a lot of Madison fans in attendence?
VA stadium is very small
Very unusual to play at a home stadium these days
Not unusual years ago

Bullaholic
11-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
what do the Madison fans think about this game being played at VA's home stadium?
will there be a lot of Madison fans in attendence?
VA stadium is very small
Very unusual to play at a home stadium these days
Not unusual years ago

Don't know how this was decided, dogdad---maybe no other facillities in the neighborhood available when they wanted to play. How your "Dogs gonna do against Kennedale? How are your JV kids who were in the wreck? All o.k. I hope.

HighSchool Fan
11-06-2005, 04:54 PM
9-3a is gonna need all the help they can get this year in the playoffs.

VWG
11-06-2005, 04:55 PM
IMO- Madison will kill Van Alstyne.
Sometimes the coaches will agree on a coin flip for home game in the playoffs. Very rare, but it can happen. Looks like Van Alstyne won the flip.

dogdad
11-06-2005, 04:59 PM
It's been a tough season for the Dogs
as lucky as we were last season with injuries, we have paid the price this season
We haven't had the same starting line-up since the 1st week
But that's part of football
Kennedale will be favored (and rightly so). RC will have to play their very best to have a chance. I just hope we can have a couple of injuries get healed this week.
The JV players are all fine
We were very fortunate that no one was seriously hurt.

kaorder1999
11-06-2005, 05:16 PM
madison will wina few playoff games this year

3afan
11-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by VWG
IMO- Madison will kill Van Alstyne.
Sometimes the coaches will agree on a coin flip for home game in the playoffs. Very rare, but it can happen. Looks like Van Alstyne won the flip.

it happens quite often actually ... if they cant agree on a neutral site then they go home & home & flip

others this week in 3A:
Gladewater @ Liberty-Eylau
Wimberley @ LaVerina

mwynn05
11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
it happens quite often actually ... if they cant agree on a neutral site then they go home & home & flip

others this week in 3A:
Gladewater @ Liberty-Eylau
Wimberley @ LaVerina I noticed it happening quite often this year specifically too 3a fan

PHS Wildcats
11-07-2005, 12:13 AM
I live in Dallas and I can tell you this about DISD Attendace. Since there are so many schools, it's really not that many people in the stand like towns with on or 2 schools. Once they get in to the playoffs, teams that in DISD team that go the farthest, the city rally behind them and show up, so I would probably expect about 400 or 500 people in the stands for Madison. The Others schools in 5A and 4A (Carter, Lincoln, Kimball, SOC and Wilson, will get the big attendance until they are eliminated. Then they will rally behind Madison if they are still around. DISD Hasn'yt won a state title since 1988, so any team they feel will have the best chance to win state, they will follow.

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:22 AM
regardless, madison wins big

JR2004
11-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Personally I don't have a problem with playing at Van Alstyne. Under no circumstances was this going to be played at a neutral site. As I understand it, VA's head coach was the first to present the idea of a home and home flip for this game. I believe this is what Coach Johnson wanted as well so it's no big deal to have to travel up there. He really had nothing to lose by doing this since he played Madison last year at Hebron High School. The game is on a Friday so I suspect Madison might have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500 as another poster stated.

There would be more there in my opinion, but well a lot of folks who support Madison just won't be off in time to make the trip up to Van Alstyne for the game. If it was a Saturday night game then more folks would make the trek up there. I believe though that Madison will be taking a fan bus up to the game like they did last year during the playoffs and have done for years during the basketball playoffs. I believe the refs for this game will be coming from the Dallas chapter which I'm less than thrilled about, but that's alright. The kids need to be tested like this. I don't know if VA uses an artificial turf or just a regular grass field, but I hope that the field is in good shape and doesn't get watered the night before the game although I could see that happening.

dogdad
11-07-2005, 07:40 PM
natural grass
it was in good shape a the start of district play