PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this after a game?

Crimestick
11-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Why do some people - an alarming number of people - try to negate any drives or scores that were contributed to by turnovers or special teams?
"If you take away those six interceptions and the fact that you returned five kicks for touchdowns, we would have won!"
Aren't these two factors a MAJOR and LEGITIMATE part of the game? Don't good defenses FORCE TURNOVERS? What is the deal?

BMOC
11-06-2005, 12:35 PM
It's called DENIAL. No one ever wants to admit to a butt kicking.

HillBoy
11-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BMOC

That is very true also I think people think when other defenses forces turnovers from their offense they consider it a fluke.

Bullaholic
11-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by BMOC

I don't think it could be said more suscintly than this. Wounded pride is harder for some to deal with than others. However, there are degrees of denial, and "light" instances are generally tolerated, and "heavy" doses are generally "called out".

Old Green
11-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Why do some people - an alarming number of people - try to negate any drives or scores that were contributed to by turnovers or special teams?
"If you take away those six interceptions and the fact that you returned five kicks for touchdowns, we would have won!"
Aren't these two factors a MAJOR and LEGITIMATE part of the game? Don't good defenses FORCE TURNOVERS? What is the deal? we heard the same thing from two teams last year. they seem to not understand that Defense is part of the game. I won't name them, one won still thinks they won the game to this day . ( Hint) I hope West Columbia takes it to them 2nd round of the playoffs.:devil: :D

Gobbler Fan
11-06-2005, 01:01 PM
To hear them speak you may as well cancel the playoff's they are getting fit for the rings as I type this and I also will mention no names ......:D

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
And heaven forbid that players be hurt or sick before or during the game or you will hear about it for years to come.....also mentioning no names. :D

Bullaholic
11-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
we heard the same thing from two teams last year. they seem to not understand that Defense is part of the game. I won't name them, one won still thinks they won the game to this day . ( Hint) I hope West Columbia takes it to them 2nd round of the playoffs.:devil: :D

Dangit Old Green.....You know I'm going to have to fumble around with my playoff bracket printout now until I identify team "X" don't you?

Old Green
11-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And heaven forbid that players be hurt or sick before or during the game or you will hear about it for years to come.....also mentioning no names. :D Yeah! Don't be sick. I read what they had to say.

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah! Don't be sick. I read what they had to say.

My personal favorite before "unnamed" game:
"Unnamed" person: I hear you have injuries and sick player.
Response: Yes, an injured player.
Next response: Yes, a sick player throwing up with 104 temp.
"Unnamed" person: Great....already starting with the excuses.

:mad: HELLLLLOOOOOO! What excuses?

GreenMonster
11-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd rather blame the officials for losses. That way I'm at least attacking grown men instead kids that played their heart out. I know that it probably wasn't the officials fault either but it sure makes me feel better lol. Stupid Zebras, I hate em.

SintonFan
11-06-2005, 01:31 PM
What unnamed place do these unnamed posters post at?:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2005, 01:33 PM
A Jimmy Johnson saying to win a game u must win at least two of three facets of the game Offense, Defense or Special Teams. Special teams provide the most emotion uplifting for a team jmo.

Old Green
11-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
What unnamed place do these unnamed posters post at?:D Texasprepextra.com:D

SintonFan
11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Texasprepextra.com:D
That being "unnamed' right?:D

Old Green
11-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That being "unnamed' right?:D Yeah !:clap: :D

Astrosdawg07
11-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Aren't these two factors a MAJOR and LEGITIMATE part of the game? Don't good defenses FORCE TURNOVERS? What is the deal?

I think some people look to find possitves in the game when they do that.

sinton66
11-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'd rather blame the officials for losses. That way I'm at least attacking grown men instead kids that played their heart out. I know that it probably wasn't the officials fault either but it sure makes me feel better lol. Stupid Zebras, I hate em.

LMAO! Why don't you just tell us how you really feel?:D