PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Aggie/Red raider game

injuredinmelee
11-06-2005, 12:05 PM
To me it looked like it all came down to speed. The Aggies have NONE. They kept the game close in the first half but you could see Tech wearing them down. It looked like Tech was in much better physical condition! Saw Tyler Duggins from Iowa Park going into the stadium. Big kid. I thought he had the play of the game against Graham when he drug the Steer qb down from behind towards the end of the game to stop another trek deep into Hawk territory.

Astrosdawg07
11-06-2005, 01:37 PM
It may be time for aTm to can Franchione.

AggieJohn
11-06-2005, 01:42 PM
my take is that A&M only got good breaks from mental mistakes from cody hodges.....second half they corrected those mistakes and made the game what it was....now A&M's problem comes down to three things...

1. Reggie won't run
2. They choose to use lewis more than they use j.lane, which is wrong
3. Torbush doesn't know anything about coverage

injuredinmelee
11-06-2005, 01:48 PM
4. Fran just isnt that good of a coach.
5. Is there no limit to how many dives you can run with Javorskie Lane?

Old Tiger
11-06-2005, 02:50 PM
6. They just suck

GreenMonster
11-06-2005, 02:57 PM
9. They should have hired Bob Davie. If not as head coach at least as D Coordinator. Aggies haven't recruited worth a darn since he left for Notre Dame 6 or 7 years ago.

GreenMonster
11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Saw Tyler Duggins from Iowa Park going into the stadium. Big kid. I thought he had the play of the game against Graham when he drug the Steer qb down from behind towards the end of the game to stop another trek deep into Hawk territory.

He makes even you look smallish Injured. I have to agree, that was a huge play. Graham QB had the corner with plenty of room to run until Tyler stuck out his 4 ft long right arm and grabbed him by the back of the shoulder pads. Jerked the poor kid nearly out of his shoes.

injuredinmelee
11-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I was pretty impressed wathcing him. he is a little ahead of most 3A linemen in technique, and I would bet money that is a result of going to summer camps. Once he gets into the Tech training room and gets the goodies and on a regimented strength and conditioning program he could be a good one.

injuredinmelee
11-06-2005, 03:29 PM
as far as A&M I dont know how you keep fran on staff. I fail to see where they have improved one bit over RC. They might actually be worse.

Aesculus gilmus
11-06-2005, 04:03 PM
The Aggies need Jackie Sherrill back. Then again, SMU needs Ron Meyer back. They used to be two of the best pro teams in Texas.

lepfan
11-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Maybe Mack will go straighten things out... ;)

injuredinmelee
11-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
The Aggies need Jackie Sherrill back. Then again, SMU needs Ron Meyer back. They used to be two of the best pro teams in Texas.

Wow Jackie Sherrill.. havent heard that name in along long time. Sisnt he talk alot of trash after he left aggieland about the ags?

tortilla_man
11-06-2005, 06:24 PM
fran needs to get a new d-cordinator, go back to the days of the wrecking crew! i say they hire R.C. again and put him at d-cordinator

Ranger05
11-06-2005, 06:49 PM
they should have never fired RC

VWG
11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
What about Joel Filani(sp) the Tech receiver? That guy is huge, about 6-3 and 230 with speed.

lepfan
11-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
they should have never fired RC

That is true...everyone was enjoying stomping them with RC on staff ;) . :rolleyes:

pakrat
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
RC's the man. They should have showed him a little more respect.

Bulldog_12
11-06-2005, 09:22 PM
While I agree that a new DC is in line, I also feel like no team would do well with 11 season ending injuries. 9 of those were starters at the beginning of the year. A&M is playing with 4th string DBs and the front 7 are constantly being changed around due to injuries there. There were also issues with personel last night such as missed tackles and fumbles. So while I am not making excuses for the coaches, it is not ALL their fault. This has been an extremely dissappointing year and only seems like it will get worse in the next three weeks.