PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma High School Hoops Team Loses 112-2

TxRedneck13
11-05-2005, 10:50 PM
EARLSBORO, Okla. (Nov. 5) - The Hanna High School basketball team can take some consolation: It didn't get shut out It did, however, lose 112-2 on Friday night to Earlsboro.

"It was embarrassing to watch," Earlsboro coach Walling told The Oklahoman. "But you can't just tell your kids not to score. I've been coaching 27 years and have never been involved in something like this."

The Wildcats led 42-0 after one quarter and 73-2 at halftime. Walling pulled his starters in the second half, and game officials kept a running clock, stopping it only for free throws.

Each player on Earlsboro's 10-man roster scored. Seven players finished in double figures.

Sheesh :(

eagles_victory
11-05-2005, 10:55 PM
I don't think you will ever see that in Texas.

Pmoney
11-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Thats crazy

Necked
11-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Was this a girls game? I've seen scores sorta like that in girls basketball.....

TxRedneck13
11-05-2005, 11:27 PM
didnt say if it was guys or girls.....still either way what a mess

JR2004
11-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Actually Texas has seen worse than that. I remember a few years ago that the Goodrich Hornets beat Chester 144-6 in a game. I don't think Lester King ever believes in showing anyone mercy or that score would've never gotten that out of control.

lepfan
11-06-2005, 12:20 AM

Ya don't think.....That has been seen in just about every state.....don't think Texas is immune to it.:rolleyes:

That comment sounds like the comment some parents make...."My child would NEVER....."

RMAC
11-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I know it's against everything in coaching, but if I were the coach of that team I would tell my players to miss on purpose. I know it's wrong and perhaps unethical, but think of the other team. They probably want to just die after something like that. I know I sure would. Maybe I'm just too nice, I don't know, but 112-2? That is just like. . . N/M, I can't even put it into words.

3afan
11-06-2005, 06:57 AM

yes you will, it has happened before ... don't ask me to quote games & teams & scores, but it has ....

BootLegNumber5
11-06-2005, 11:21 AM
na, as a coach you wouldn't tell your team to miss on purpose, you would just tell them to practice they're passing...ya know "pass the ball five times before you shoot" kind of thing, that teams do in practice

Paratrooper
11-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I can remember seeing a game between Bridge City and LCM back in I think it was around 1980 in basketball. Bridge City was No 2 in the state, actually a team called Hebert in the same district was No 1. (you should have seen those games!) I watched Bridge City open up a 48-12 lead at half over LCM and then the final was 104-29. That was the largest blow out I had ever seen.