PDA

View Full Version : WOS District Champs

wos fan1
11-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Great game. BC never gave up. We had such a big lead at half i guess the kids thought they had it won. Good luck both teams in the playoffs.

exbccards76'smom
11-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks, and the same for you. The boys played their hearts out today. Hoping all them will be at top playing form next week for Cleveland.

wos fan1
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
I was surprised that BC only got 92 yards rushing....Good luck to both in the playoffs.

exbccards76'smom
11-05-2005, 06:52 PM
I was, too. The players that were sick all week showed heart and came out and played. Not making excuses, just stating some facts.

3ABirdMan
11-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Great game. BC never gave up. We had such a big lead at half i guess the kids thought they had it won.......

THAT and we didn't give you 14 points off of 3 turnovers in the second half! That hurt us bad in the first half!

Congrats to the Mustangs - Great game!

NOW, where can I get a blue and silver shirt (AND NOT FROM JODY!)

Crimestick
11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Two of those were interceptions - and good plays by the D. We gave up one in the second half that gave you an easy TD, not to mention the penalties all day. It was a pretty good game. WO-S just had too much for BC in the end. Good effort on the comeback, but I really think WO-S was the better team tonight.

And, apparently, CH. 6 is about to show that the hail mary pass at the end of the half actually BOUNCED!

3ABirdMan
11-05-2005, 07:24 PM
You are correct CRIMESTICK. WOS was the better this afternoon. But I gotta say

I'M PROUD OF MY CARDINALS!

They fought hard, and didn't give up. Looks like we a chance to go deep in the play-off!

Congrats WOS.

RBARKER
11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
First off I would like to apoligize to the Cardinal fans for bringing Jody to the game and sitting on your side. This was the main reason BC did so poor in the first half. At half time we left to catch the end of the HF-HJ game and yall started coming back.:D

Jody and I are for Hire if anyone would like to jinx the opposing team in the playoffs.:D

Now about the game. BC had two many turnovers to be competitve in this game, although some turnovers was caused be just by good D from WOS. Beasley as always shined and looked impressive good luck to BC and WOS against our District. It was good to see all of my BC friends again at the game.

sinton66
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Congrats Stangs. Sounds like it was a hard earned victory. Good job Cards. Would have loved to have been at this one.

exbccards76'smom
11-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Wish you could've have been there. might have counteracted Jody's bad luck(Just kiddin' man, wish I would have seen ya'!):D
Good luck to the 'Stangs and make it all the way.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Two of those were interceptions - and good plays by the D. We gave up one in the second half that gave you an easy TD, not to mention the penalties all day. It was a pretty good game. WO-S just had too much for BC in the end. Good effort on the comeback, but I really think WO-S was the better team tonight.

And, apparently, CH. 6 is about to show that the hail mary pass at the end of the half actually BOUNCED!

No doubt the rush led to those poor throws. Dishon didn't have a very good first half on offense. Sure thought he should have scored on that 1st kickoff return that ran back to midfield.

Crimestick
11-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Beasley was there waiting :)

Jody
11-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
Wish you could've have been there. might have counteracted Jody's bad luck(Just kiddin' man, wish I would have seen ya'!):D
Good luck to the 'Stangs and make it all the way.

I was 4 rows behind you for a while, then we decided to go watch HF vs HJ to scout our next move. Boy was that a wasted 30 minute trip. Talk about two very bad teams.......but what else should you expect from that "TOUGH" district that WOS is in....:rolleyes:

By the way, sorry we didn't get to visit. 3ABIRDMAN and Ol Cardnial visited with us for a bit. It's always great to see you fine folks in the post season. Looking forward, we may very well get to play each other again this year. Good luck next week.

exbccards76'smom
11-05-2005, 09:13 PM
good luck in the playoffs. I will be pulling for you, until we have to meet up!!

GS#17
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Congratulations to WOS on another district championship and an undefeated regular season!!! :)

X21AAAPlayer
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Speaking of interceptions... Did you happen to catch the hit that was up on the WOS guy after he picked off the ball? I'm surprised he got up from it. Tough kids and great game to both teams.

GS#17
11-05-2005, 10:13 PM
LOL... If you remember, he's the same one who got tagged against OF last week (the pic made it up here). He lost his helmet twice last week and only once this week (on the INT return) -- that hit he took today was a slobber knocker, but he held onto the ball. He also recovered the onside kick and took a lick. He just has a tremendous amount of heart and is going to hold on to the ball, no matter what.

RBARKER
11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
Speaking of interceptions... Did you happen to catch the hit that was up on the WOS guy after he picked off the ball? I'm surprised he got up from it. Tough kids and great game to both teams.

If your talking about #15 for WOS That was a very hard hit. When that Card hit him his helment flew in the air along with his mouth piece. #15 is one tough kid to get up after that.

Bullaholic
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Congrats to the 'Stangs for the win. Hats off to the BC team for never giving up. Another classic Texas HS football game---this is the "essence" of what it is all about. Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs.

WOSgrad
11-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks, and the best of luck to the Bulls!

Jody
11-06-2005, 02:14 AM
I honestly can't see how WOS could not be district champs. That is one VERY weak district!

Look at these Monster Teams.......:rolleyes:
Anahuac
Orangefield
Hamshire-F
Hardin-J
Bridge City (sure thought they had more to offer this year) A very class act school though, not to mention thier fans.

Bridge City.....You better watch Cleveland. They are better this year than in recent past.

I assume WOS needs no introduction to Huffman.... :D

OK, that's my last WOS smack before they go 2-A, unless Huffman beats you next week.....then look out......:clap:

GS#17
11-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Yes, if only we could beef up the district slate by adding Splendora (I read their defense has really improved this year, although I doubt you all write it with a straight face :D ), and maybe we could even add Tarkington for good measure... ;)

Jody
11-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Yes, if only we could beef up the district slate by adding Splendora (I read their defense has really improved this year, although I doubt you all write it with a straight face :D ), and maybe we could even add Tarkington for good measure... ;)

Either would certainly be an improvement for you. If you recall, Takington did beat one of them in a scrimmage this year.....(either H-J or H-F).

Splendora might make second place in that district.

Crimestick
11-06-2005, 10:03 AM
GS, the difference is that BH beefed up for their weenie district by playing a weenie pre-district schedule. WO-S wussed out by playing four playoff teams - and two district champions. Now BH did play the titans of Vidor - who missed the playoffs - Anahuac - who missed the playoffs - Dickinson - who was WINLESS - and Diboll - who didn't make the playoffs. Wow! Way to prove your mettle. I don't see how BH could ever not be district champs of their district either, but somehow, last year, they weren't.

GS#17
11-06-2005, 10:04 AM
LOL! :D

Crimestick
11-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Took a WOS? Have you ever taken a BH? It's a lot like a WOS, but weaker and lighter weight, and it's always out of the picture before you expect it to be - every time. Sure, sometimes a WOS finishes fast, but a BH is always out in the first push or two. :D

Paratrooper
11-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
THAT and we didn't give you 14 points off of 3 turnovers in the second half! That hurt us bad in the first half!

You just can't give up 3 turnovers and expect to win against the No 1 or No 2 (whichever poll you look at). This is really what proved to be the back breaker in the game.

GS#17
11-06-2005, 11:23 AM
The turnover ratio was a major factor in the game, but so was the fact that WOS averaged 5 yards per rush and their defense really confused the BC offense. BC made a good run in the second half to make things interesting, but they were seriously outmatched and needed everything to go right for them to pull an upset. It just didn't happen.

Paratrooper
11-06-2005, 11:28 AM
The turnover ratio was a major factor in the game, but so was the fact that WOS averaged 5 yards per rush and their defense really confused the BC offense. BC made a good run in the second half to make things interesting, but they were seriously outmatched and needed everything to go right for them to pull an upset. It just didn't happen.

They were not seriously outmatched......geeezzz.......the game was 27-24 in the 3rd. I mean dern, you guys don't get that kick off return and this is a tie game. It was a good close game and you guys derserved the victory. As WOS goes forward in D1 I wish you guys the best and hope that our district goes very deep if not winning it all.

GS#17
11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Watching the game, it was obvious BC was definitely outmatched. BC caught some breaks on a well executed trick play, an incomplete pass called for a TD, and some bonehead WOS penalties that helped them along.

We didn't "get a kickoff return," Beasley made a great kickoff return. BC enjoyed some success due to WOS penalties, and that was a major reason the game was as close as it was; however, they also had a nice call on a halfback option and capitalized on a WOS turnover in their territory to make things interesting. The kickoff return may have been a momentum changer, but I don't think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. BC needed to play flawless football to have a chance at the upset, and WOS made sure that didn't happen. Without the kickoff return, the way the WOS offense was moving the ball against BC's defense throughout the day, it is my belief they would've got that score anyway.

Paratrooper
11-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Watching the game, it was obvious BC was definitely outmatched. BC caught some breaks on a well executed trick play, an incomplete pass called for a TD, and some bonehead WOS penalties that helped them along.

We didn't "get a kickoff return," Beasley made a great kickoff return. BC enjoyed some success due to WOS penalties, and that was a major reason the game was as close as it was; however, they also had a nice call on a halfback option and capitalized on a WOS turnover in their territory to make things interesting. The kickoff return may have been a momentum changer, but I don't think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. BC needed to play flawless football to have a chance at the upset, and WOS made sure that didn't happen. Without the kickoff return, the way the WOS offense was moving the ball against BC's defense throughout the day, it is my belief they would've got that score anyway.

The game was 41-34. It was a close game no matter how you want to spin it. I would bet that their wasn't a mass exit of people leaving that game early as it was body blows right up to the end. However, WOS definently was the better team. You guys deserved the victory. You know to be honest with you I already knew how I was going to post if BC had won and it certainly isn't the way you guys post. Good luck to you guys next week.

GS#17
11-06-2005, 12:01 PM
It was a close score, I don't think anyone's denying that. I just have a difference of opinion on why the score was close, I think. Nobody said anything about the fans -- they were good on both sides, and most for BC stayed through the final minute. After the game, the kids shook hands and hugged each other -- they played their butts off and both teams deserve much credit for a game well played. As you said, WOS was the better team and did what they needed to do to win the game.

Again, good luck on your playoff run. BC will put this game behind them, refocus, and be ready for next week. I think BC wins over Cleveland.