PDA

View Full Version : A message for all Bellvile Fans

m bulldog
12-06-2002, 01:44 PM
I just wanted to let all the fans from Bellvile know especially the one's on this program who say we are overconfident, cocky, and overlooking Bellvile. PLEASE! We prepare every week no matter who we are playing, don't be mad just because we get the job done come gameday. All I can say for Bellvile is I hope that yall have a good Basketball program because your at the end of the road this year.

Rabbit'93
12-06-2002, 01:49 PM
hhhmmmmmm.......let me guess....you don't like Bellville very much do you.

KL3
12-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Ya, how dare we Bellville fans call marlin cocky? I mean, they would never post such a cocky message like the one at the top of this list would they?

Billy Boy
12-06-2002, 03:06 PM
m bulldog:
I just wanted to let all the fans from Bellvile know especially the one's on this program who say we are overconfident, cocky, and overlooking Bellvile. PLEASE! We prepare every week no matter who we are playing, don't be mad just because we get the job done come gameday. All I can say for Bellvile is I hope that yall have a good Basketball program because your at the end of the road this year.I hear they have a better basketball program than you have a football program.

Bongo
12-06-2002, 03:20 PM
M Bulldog, every dog has its day, and your day is over. And by the way, Bellville is spelled with 4 L's, not 3.

Bellville22
12-06-2002, 04:32 PM
I usually try and make it a point to not stoop to a lower level and respond to such and arrogant and classless message, but oh well, I can get mad at myself later. I don't really fear anyone saying I, or any Bellville fan lacks class, we cheer our butts off for our boys, win or lose we support them, and you better believe we'll express our congrats to a team that plays a better game than us and beats us, just ask Sinton, and should Marlin come out on top Sat., we'll do the same.

In my prediction, which is strictly my opinion, and I'm entitled to think what I'd like, I said an overconfident Marlin team would show up and make the mistakes to give Bellville the edge. I realize now that may not have looked exactly the way I wanted it to, but by no means was I trying to be rude or arrogant. I think after beating quality teams soundly two weeks in a row, it is possible for a team to have a slight let down against a team that has not had the reputation of the others, and that everyone is saying you'll beat by 14+ points.

In no way was I taking a shot at your team. Just a friendly prediction intended mostly to get the Bellville fans a little pumped, and should I be right, I can brag about it next week to my friends in B-town. As any good true fan, of course I'm going to pick my boys, and think positive, that's why we follow a team, and thats why we cheer. What good would it do if I got on hear and said Marlin would win by 20, and I'm not going cause I know what will happen.

As far as those who called y'all cocky, I would defend you and say that cocky could be a good thing, if not taken too far, meaning you just carry yourself w/ confidence and a positive attitude, which I do believe, all good teams have to be a little cocky. But after reading your above statement, not much I can say for you.

As for unprepared, no one is saying that, I know you guys are well coached and will prepare as you have every other week, and will probably come out and give us a great ball game.

Sorry if I offended you, and I'm sorry you had to respond in such rude fashion. Just for you, I'll make a new prediction, this one from the standpoint of a neutral fan.

A very fast and very good Marlin team shows up to play a Bellville team united by a total team effort, comeback win against a stiff Fairfield defense. Tremendous game comes down to a FG off the foot of a pretty solid kicker.

Bellville 24
Marlin 21

How's that? And I'm not sure what BB team looks like, but I do know we have a stud, 6'3" SG, headed to play college ball. Wow, I can't believe I wasted all this time to respond to that, Dad will be disappointed.

jykoy
12-06-2002, 06:24 PM
Right on Bellville22!

Fatboy73
12-06-2002, 07:13 PM
I think you will find out what kind of balls BELLVILLE has tomorrow

Brahma73
12-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Bellville22:
I usually try and make it a point to not stoop to a lower level and respond to such and arrogant and classless message, but oh well, I can get mad at myself later. I don't really fear anyone saying I, or any Bellville fan lacks class, we cheer our butts off for our boys, win or lose we support them, and you better believe we'll express our congrats to a team that plays a better game than us and beats us, just ask Sinton, and should Marlin come out on top Sat., we'll do the same.

In my prediction, which is strictly my opinion, and I'm entitled to think what I'd like, I said an overconfident Marlin team would show up and make the mistakes to give Bellville the edge. I realize now that may not have looked exactly the way I wanted it to, but by no means was I trying to be rude or arrogant. I think after beating quality teams soundly two weeks in a row, it is possible for a team to have a slight let down against a team that has not had the reputation of the others, and that everyone is saying you'll beat by 14+ points.

In no way was I taking a shot at your team. Just a friendly prediction intended mostly to get the Bellville fans a little pumped, and should I be right, I can brag about it next week to my friends in B-town. As any good true fan, of course I'm going to pick my boys, and think positive, that's why we follow a team, and thats why we cheer. What good would it do if I got on hear and said Marlin would win by 20, and I'm not going cause I know what will happen.

As far as those who called y'all cocky, I would defend you and say that cocky could be a good thing, if not taken too far, meaning you just carry yourself w/ confidence and a positive attitude, which I do believe, all good teams have to be a little cocky. But after reading your above statement, not much I can say for you.

As for unprepared, no one is saying that, I know you guys are well coached and will prepare as you have every other week, and will probably come out and give us a great ball game.

Sorry if I offended you, and I'm sorry you had to respond in such rude fashion. Just for you, I'll make a new prediction, this one from the standpoint of a neutral fan.

A very fast and very good Marlin team shows up to play a Bellville team united by a total team effort, comeback win against a stiff Fairfield defense. Tremendous game comes down to a FG off the foot of a pretty solid kicker.

Bellville 24
Marlin 21

How's that? And I'm not sure what BB team looks like, but I do know we have a stud, 6'3" SG, headed to play college ball. Wow, I can't believe I wasted all this time to respond to that, Dad will be disappointed.Wow, 22! Got a little stirred up, did we? :rolleyes:
My whole take was posted earlier. (Read it about halfway down the ..."Bellville beating Marlin" post just below (From Dec 4).

You have to be careful when you argue with ignorant people. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. eek! Can't get hung in all this meaningless pregame razz. The scoreboard is the gospel. Do agree with you 100% on the main point though: Sunday mornin' I'll be congratulating whoever wins. See ya' at the game!

STAMPEDE THE DOGS :mad: :mad: :mad:

MARLINFAN
12-07-2002, 02:18 AM
IM NOT THE ONE TO COME OUT AND JUMP ON YOUR TEAM BUT FOR THE LONGEST I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON HERE FROM MARLIN SO TO ALL THE BELLVILLE FANS YOOU CAN CALL US WHAT U WANT BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO GAMEDAY EVERYONE STUDDER. SO LIKE I HAVE POSTED BEFORE THIS COULD BE MY LAST POST OF THE YEAR BUT I DONT SEE IT BEING. MARLIN RESPECTS BELLVILLE ALL AROUND GAME. IF THEIR QB HAS TIME TO THROW THE BALL HE CAN BE DEADLY BUT I THINK HE WILL BE UNDER PRESSURE ALL NIGHT SO LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN .

GO DOGS GO DOGS! GO DOGS!

Bellville22
12-07-2002, 01:27 PM
Fair enough. Let's play some football!!

PigSkinPicker
12-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Bellville22 I respect your messages. They are some of the most intelligent ones on this board. And a three point prediction is fair enough. I am a Marlin Fan and will also support my team through ups and downs. The message post to start this discussion was done fairly also, he was not being cocky, ignorant, or in a way anyone should feel offended. He has the right to post a message also. I know the player who posted that message and had a nice converstation with him the other day. I was thinking that Bellville wouldnt be a tuff as LaGrange or Newton, but he told me otherwise. He stated that this will be the hardest team we will face and if we get past this team we will most likely make it to state. I hope tonight will be a good game because I am ready for one. The best team will win and there will be no regret. I see Marlin on top. Mistakes yes could cost Marlin the game but these boys have been in this situation before and know what they have to do. I will predict Marlin by 14. Go DOGS