PDA

View Full Version : SINTON FAN-29-3A MATCHUPS

footballer2
10-30-2001, 02:34 PM
IT IS HARD TO MATCH THIS DISTRICT UP BECAUSE THERE IS A 4 WAY TIE FOR SECOND RIGHT NOW. THE NEXT TWO WEEKS ARE CRUCIAL FOR-YOAKUM,LULING,CUERO AND EDNA.GONZALES SHOULD WIN THE DISTRICT. GONZALES WILL GO DIV I IF CUERO DOES NOT GET IN. IF CUERO GETS IN THEY WILL GO DIV I.ANYWAY HERE IS MY PREDICTION ON HOW THIS DISTRICT RACE WILL FINISH: 1.GONZALES 2.YOAKUM(THEY HAVE PALACIOS & GOLIAD LEFT TO PLAY-SHOULD WIN BOTH) 3.CUERO(i'm predicting they will beat Luling this week,basing it on tradition). If this happens then - Cuero goes DI and faces Sinton in round 1.Gonzales will first seed in Div. II and play Odem- A.P -or Ingleside-and Mathis will play Yoakum the #2 seed in Dist.293a.-this is my take on the the pairings. remember if Cuero loses to Luling this whole scenario changes. Only time will tell. I'm not trying to insult any teams out there,this is just my take on things. Any opinions out there-lets hear it.

bd62
10-30-2001, 08:37 PM
i think you hit it right on.should be a interesting couple of weeks in 293a.

SintonFan
10-30-2001, 11:17 PM
Awesome job! Thanks for the detailed info! I agree, Cuero should beat Luling this week. Even though Luling has the better record they have'nt played the type of nondistrict teams Cuero has. A bettin' man wouldn't go against your final picture for district.

LHS EagleFan
11-03-2001, 12:05 PM
You need to reconsider your district predictions for 29-3A, Cuero fell to the Luling Eagles last night 21-10.

------------------

sinfan75
11-03-2001, 02:40 PM
Sinton vs. Gonzales! Where will they play? Hopefully Victoria.It should be a helluva game!

SintonFan
11-03-2001, 03:21 PM
And that there folks is why I don't play the lottery. Wow, Sinton will end up playing Gonzales, that changes things alot.When they meet, would pit two of the best QB's in the state. If they play close to SA, I'm there!

sinfan75
11-03-2001, 08:07 PM
Victoria would suit me fine but SA would be better.Any excuse to check out the River Walk!!Bet it's Victoria though.

footballer2
11-03-2001, 10:44 PM
WELL-LULING PULLED IT OFF-NOW THIS DISTRICT APPEARS TO LOOK LIKE THIS- GONZALES WILL GO DI-YOAKUM WILL BE D2 FIRST SEED AND LULING GOES D2 SECOND SEED.- THIS PITS SINTON VS GONZALES IN THE FIRST ROUND,A FOOTBALLERS DELIGHT. MATHIS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY FACE LULING - WITH YOAKUM PLAYING ODEM OR INGLESIDE,I BELIEVE ARANSAS PASS IS A LONG SHOT(I HAVEN'T REALLY RESEARCHED THIS ONE ENOUGH).CONGRATS TO LULING AND GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

[This message has been edited by footballer2 (edited November 03, 2001).]

sinfan75
11-04-2001, 08:54 AM
In 30-AAA if Odem,Ingleside and A-P all end up tied Odem is in the play-offs.If Odem and Ingleside both win next week Ingleside is in.If All three teams lose next week Ingleside is in because A=P would have 4 losses and Ingleside beat Odem this year.

bd62
11-04-2001, 10:28 AM
i think luling will be d-2 first seed because they beat yoakum and they have same dist. record.

footballer2
11-04-2001, 08:46 PM
bd62 is correct-Gonzales DI-Luling DII first seed -Yoakum DII second seed.(barring losses this final week. good luck to all.

SintonFan
11-04-2001, 09:01 PM
Well, congrats to Luling! I guess they knew they had a good playoff shot this year, but to an outsider, it seems yall came out of nowhere. I believe your team should have an advantage over your first round opponent from 30-3A with the competition in your district being so tight. Any comments from a Luling fan(or anyone who has seen Gonzales) about the Sinton-Gonzales matchup? Any response would be appreciated. I would be glad to return a response about 30-3A teams.

bd62
11-05-2001, 05:53 PM
it is a shame that 2 excellent football teams meet the first week. usually when you win dist. you get third seed but in this case they both are d-1.gonzales is a very good team that does not make many mistakes.they have good offense line and a hard running tailback. the q.b. is a accurate passer and they throw around 15 times a game.they have had some injuries but most are back. good solid defense.
they have not faced anyone as good as sinton.they would probably compare to beeville as far competion for sinton.

M.PIRATEFAN
11-05-2001, 08:17 PM
It's looks like we are going to play Luling but Sintonfan how can you say that Luling has an advantage. Yes they had to face some tough teams but in the other hand, in my opinion Cuero didn't have a good team and/or Yoakum as well. Now I could be wrong. But this Mathis team is great as well. Luling made it to the playoffs last year but before that last time was in '92. Anyways that's not for a couple more weeks. So good luck to everyone.

sinfan75
11-05-2001, 09:53 PM
Don't think Luling made the play-offs last year MPFAN.

bd62
11-05-2001, 10:11 PM
if gonzales beats edna the following will happen. gonzales d-1(that is for sure) luling d-2 first seed and yoakum d-2 second seed. in this case mathis would play yoakum if they beat odem.and odem would play luling.

SintonFan
11-06-2001, 02:13 AM
M.PIRATEFAN I figured yall would play Yoakum. Luling playing Odem represents a bit of a dropoff compared to Sinton and Mathis. Wouldn't you agree? My oppinion about 29-3A now has changed somewhat. I think that some of the other teams have raised their level of play compared to last year. With that being said, I feel there has been more competition in 29-3A, not to say anything bad about 30-3A football. Some of the 30-3A schools just had a down year this year. Thanks bd62! Beeville just won their district title beating GP last week, and Sinton handed them their only loss this year. If they're like Beeville it should be an interesting game(although not many backs could compare to Chaisson, a div. 1 prospect).