ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 12:39 AM
how do these two teams look?

SintonFan
11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I'll say the Gobblers! by a bunch...:) :clap:

gobblerguy6405
11-05-2005, 02:33 AM
so does anyone know what day this game is gunna be played on? or is it to early still? i know that gonzales is playing thursday night...so this one will probably be friday night right?

gobbler grad
11-05-2005, 10:50 AM
gotta go with the Gobblers...Noack is playing just to damn good right now...i'm sure Sweeny will give it their all, but don't think they can hang...

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
pavilion talked to coach reeve, and reeve said he would put the game away early... he wants at least 35-0 at halftime

KingRob
11-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Gotta go with my Gobblers!
Survey says:

Cuero - 41
Sweeney - 18

Dang I wish I could be there! Grrrrrrr....

District303aPastPlayer
11-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Friday @ Victoria Memorial...
a 30-45 minute drive for cuero
a 2 hour drive for sweeny:rolleyes:

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
just be happy we're going to d2 this year... oh nevermind yall have either wimberley or west columbia in the 3rd round so yall arent going anywhere

BlueBlood
11-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Quick exit for Sweeny.

gobblerguy6405
11-05-2005, 12:04 PM
when do we find out who is home and who is away?....the game is friday....more than likely at 7:30

neck_94
11-05-2005, 12:28 PM
could be a good game...The Weeny-dogs retrn an all-state linebacker from last year in Wendel Davis #44.

gobblerfan02
11-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Quick exit for Sweeny.
Too all the Cuero Football Players reading this, don't count your chickens before they hatch! Sweeny is not just gonna push over for ya, yall are still gonna have to earn the win. Go into the game like it might be your last, cuz it just might be! Good luck Gobblers on taking home the DII crown this season!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Too all the Cuero Football Players reading this, don't count your chickens before they hatch! Sweeny is not just gonna push over for ya, yall are still gonna have to earn the win. Go into the game like it might be your last, cuz it just might be! Good luck Gobblers on taking home the DII crown this season!

the coach shoulldnt count his chickens before they hatch, hes one cocky coach :doh:

neck_94
11-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I promise you one thing, that would be the last thing Coach R would say.

crabman
11-05-2005, 12:43 PM
the coach shoulldnt count his chickens before they hatch, hes one cocky coach

There is no way on earth you are talking about Coach Reeve. He is the least cocky human being I have ever met in my life. Absolutely the most humble man you would ever want to meet. Great respect for the game and for his opponent, no matter who they are.

I was just looking on another web site. He is 132-27-4 in his career, most of it in 5A. He is 32-3 in Cuero. You don't get numbers like that by being cocky.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by crabman
There is no way on earth you are talking about Coach Reeve. He is the least cocky human being I have ever met in my life. Absolutely the most humble man you would ever want to meet. Great respect for the game and for his opponent, no matter who they are.

I was just looking on another web site. He is 132-27-4 in his career, most of it in 5A. He is 32-3 in Cuero. You don't get numbers like that by being cocky.
its not about wins or losses yes u can win being cocky but respect from ur opposition wouldnt be there. yea i only responding to ro tex saying pavillion talked to coach reeve and that statement is being cocky showing no respect to Sweeny and that on any given night any team can win. But hes might be right and put 35 points by half but dont tell people about it

44INAROW
11-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
pavilion talked to coach reeve, and reeve said he would put the game away early... he wants at least 35-0 at halftime

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: now come on, there is stretching the truth, and then there is flat out .......... nevermind. not going there,.
I am sure, you know, he didn't say that, you know.. ;) ;)

Are Sweeny's colors still light blue and silver?

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 01:28 PM
let me go ahead and say coach reeve is not cocky and he didnt say that....anyone that would believe that he would actuallly talk to pavilion is dumb...lol...however i do think cuero can score at will IF they air it out....noack is flat out on fire

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2005, 01:34 PM
but it came from u, u posted that pavillion talked to the Coach, and u been good with ur info . Yes cuero can score when there ready to play, saw that last year in the playoff game they took it to higher level than the regular season game:)

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 01:42 PM
his name is pavilion

i was just starting stuff

PlayaJBiehl20
11-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Gobblers all the way.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 02:19 PM

let me go ahead and say coach reeve is not cocky and he didnt say that....anyone that would believe that he would actuallly talk to pavilion is dumb...lol...

his name is pavilion

i was just starting stuff

Why one of us hasn't ROMmed you before now is beyond me. It seems that lying about what a coach said is a little more that "starting stuff" and this might just be about as good of time as any.

scrub c
11-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
[BAre Sweeny's colors still light blue and silver? [/B]

kinda, its more like baby-blue and white w/ navy blue here and there.

mac77
11-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Its called Columbia blue, as Columbia University. Treybig added the navy blue. Used to have the old Houston Oilers look with red trim, back in the day.

g$$
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Treybig did not add anything to Sweeny's program including the color navy; he did unfortunately make the helmets columbia blue. School colors are columbia blue & white. Certain coaches through the years added their touch, like red in the late 70s (long gone). Navy & silver have cropped up through the years too. They wear navy jerseys with columbia trim at home & white with columbia/navy trim on the road. Columbia blue pants. Helmets were silver for years, but currently are columbia blue with navy dog/bones decal. Coach Zajicek brought back that logo & replaced the DOGS 3d look. I personally hope silver returns when they are reconditioned & money allows. A little columbia blue goes a long way if you follow me. Dogs will play hard against a tough Cuero team.

scrub c
11-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Its called Columbia blue, as Columbia University.

Like I said..... BABY BLUE.

I kinda like the helmets being BABY BLUE, but I would put a white cage on them like North Carolina and add the metallic flakes to the paint.

Old Green
11-06-2005, 01:47 PM
1 wish I was home to see this game.:( :weeping:

SINTON81
11-07-2005, 09:14 AM
just be happy we're going to d2 this year... oh nevermind yall have either wimberley or west columbia in the 3rd round so yall arent going anywhere

Your the one that better be glad Cuero went Div.2, because if they hadn't Cuero would have 2 loses one if non-district and one in the playoffs.:nerd: :nerd:

pancho villa
11-07-2005, 09:28 AM
The baby blue bulldogs get on the Gobblers 14-10.

jakarta101
11-07-2005, 09:39 AM
gobblers take it to them by atleast 21!! dont worry sweeny, lots of teams arent playing this week!!!

scrub c
11-07-2005, 10:22 AM
The Bluedogs will be tough to beat on turf.

chugbug
11-07-2005, 10:49 AM
The only hope that Sweeny has is for Cuero not to show-up. Cuero will win by 3 touchdowns. Go bulldogs.:( :( :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

scrub c
11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I dont know...

Cuero in white on the visitors side....

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
the field surface at VM Stadium is actually field grass... which is fake... its not turf....

scrub c
11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
whatever, fake grass.

gobbler grad
11-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
I dont know...

Cuero in white on the visitors side....

we played a majority of our games in white and the home team always went home early...:thinking:

HM33
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the field surface at VM Stadium is actually field grass... which is fake... its not turf....
It is actually considered a turf...field turf i believe :)

pancho villa
11-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I feel an upset.

RiverRat19
11-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
The generic (although it comes from a name brand) name for the new artificial surface at Victoria and other places is field turf. There is a company, called Field Turf, that pioneered the new artifical surface that is a combination of different lengths of plastic strands and enhanced padding used to simulate the grass. It is very different than the old Astroturf that many of us (unfortunately) played on and saw on TV... It is not in fact grass, it is articial surface. Not to be a pain but....

LogieJoeBean001
11-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I feel an upset.

You're kidding, right?

pancho villa
11-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
You're kidding, right?

I don't kid about things like this.

SINTON81
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Sweeny, baby!:clap: :clap:

LogieJoeBean001
11-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I don't kid about things like this.

It could happen.....no one ever knows until that final tick of the clock....wasn't doubting ya, just doesn't seem very likely.

The boys on the field will have the final say-so....

Good luck to both teams and may it be an injury-free game.

chugbug
11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Pancho , I hope you are right. But I think it is just gas you are feeling:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

IHStangFan
11-07-2005, 12:33 PM
i dont know much about Sweeny, but it seems a few here seem to think they are cap. of pulling off the upset...i'll be curious to see the final....but i'm gonna go w/ what i know...and say Cuero by 14

neck_94
11-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
Pancho , I hope you are right. But I think it is just gas you are feeling:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

LMAO !

rhs78
11-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Gobblers by atleast 17 points and the should be able to rest starters in 4th Qtr.

Necked
11-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Should be able to rest them after the 1st qrt. Sweeny has as much chance as a three-legged dog on a treadmill....

Gobbla2001
11-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Your the one that better be glad Cuero went Div.2, because if they hadn't Cuero would have 2 loses one if non-district and one in the playoffs.:nerd: :nerd:

I'll stop laughing soon I swear...

Gobbla2001
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
We played Sweeny my Junior year in the first round in El Campo...

We were down 14-0 at half, quiet/pissed-off locker-room... We won 20-14 in OT... had some bad-ass BBQ at Makeskas (sp?) after the game... was a nice night...

As for the game being in Victoria, that was decided last week before any of the games were played this week... Sweeny didn't even know if they were in the playoffs yet or not... all of the games between the two districts are being played at Victoria Memorial Stadium...

As for the facts of the distance...

Cuero is 28 miles from Victoria, Sweeny is 88... so Sweeny will travel a ways further, but it's the playoffs, not the "you want fries with that" Bowl...

In between Cuero and Sweeny, as well as Gonzo/WC and Hallettsville/Needville, there are not 'too' many stadium to hold playoff teams though there are some... I feel the two districts did a great job in booking a stadium for all 3 games in time enough not to have to scramble to find one that couldn't hold a loner's funeral...

wharton_tiger_bigstix
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Aight i got the scoop on Sweeny's line backer Wendel Davis he's saving himself for college and he hates to get cut at the knees pretty good up high but down low he's no good. When Cuero's up look at the bench see who's on it. Defensive ends aight athletes.GO CUERO ALL THE WAY TO STATE BIG BABY

Gobbla2001
11-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'll stop laughing soon I swear...

Lemme clear this statement up...

I am not referring to the possibility of Cuero losing to Sinton twice this year...

I am referring to the same BS arguement that comes up every stinking year about 'if yada woulda played yadayada this woulda happened'...

There's no way to find out, just move on and worry about who you've got to play...

wharton_tiger_bigstix
11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Nah i go with cuero over anyone Wharton and Cuero always have good games and both have great respect and to me they are like friends i don't even know so i would go with cuero over sinton i like the go meen greeen guy he is throwed

CuERo Fo StAtE

g$$
11-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Is English class no longer core curriculum at Wharton HS? That is just ridiculous man. You are making the good town of Wharton look stupid. Mix in a period so we can read your thoughts. Wendel Davis will play D1 (like Pierre F.), & he did not consult you about LB technique. He made plenty of plays against your offense with a bad ankle. I think you were "throwed" when you wrote that garbage. And for you to bash every team in your district STILL PLAYING screams sour grapes.

Sweeny will need some breaks to win against a Cuero program I respect from experience. Always tough with size & speed. But I do know this: the Dogs will play hard & the program under the direction of Coach Z is on the way back to the days when playoff runs were expected. Roster #s are up, subvarsity teams are winning, & the faith has been restored. Just give him a little time & real offseason training that has been absent for 6 years. That is the foundation of any good program. Good luck to everybody & GATA. Nothing like playoff football in Texas & you will remember it forever.

SINTON81
11-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Lemme clear this statement up...

I am not referring to the possibility of Cuero losing to Sinton twice this year...

I am referring to the same BS arguement that comes up every stinking year about 'if yada woulda played yadayada this woulda happened'...

There's no way to find out, just move on and worry about who you've got to play...

Hey Gobbla, get over your self. First of all I wasn’t responding to you. I was responding to ro-tex. Like I said in another post, if these young Cuero know-it-alls can come here and talk their thrash, then “I might as well have a little fun with them”. If you want people to drop it, go police the 2 or 3 posters from you own town that like to stir the pot, and talk to them.

RoTex4Life
11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
well i guess im dumb then because i also believe wimberley is goin deep into the playoffs which means they will beat sinton...but before sinton posters go crazy on me this is my OPINION

wannabgobbler08
11-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by gobblerguy6405
when do we find out who is home and who is away?....the game is friday....more than likely at 7:30

Friday 7:30 get ready DOGS!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
The region 4 favorite should be West Columbia they have played some stiff predistrict schedule, but i like Sintons chance of hanging with the best of them . Cuero big test will be Liberty Hill. Good luck to the Gobblers and good luck to ro tex still hangin around the downlow with several names.:)

Gobbla2001
11-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Gobbla, get over your self. First of all I wasn’t responding to you. I was responding to ro-tex. Like I said in another post, if these young Cuero know-it-alls can come here and talk their thrash, then “I might as well have a little fun with them”. If you want people to drop it, go police the 2 or 3 posters from you own town that like to stir the pot, and talk to them.

Get over myself? Was unaware I was self-indulging...

I understand you were responding to ro-tex, many have and many still do, but you said what you said involving the team I and so many here support, I felt like responding and I did, and I will continue to...

I am not a peace officer, never have been and never will be... It is not my job to police the young Cuero guys that come on here and have fun, as it is not your job, well, your fellow Sinton folk's jobs to come on here and police you...

A tip: When responding to one's foolishness, you seem smarter (and in this case, prolly ARE smarter) if you address their foolishness individually... your act of addressing the Gobblers, who are kindly and respectably represented here for the most part, showed you had no other content and took the easy way out...

I can easily say "Sinton sucks", or maybe even extend it a few more words as you had done, but my brain goes further than that... hope you stretch your's out soon...

SINTON81
11-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Get over myself? Was unaware I was self-indulging...

I understand you were responding to ro-tex, many have and many still do, but you said what you said involving the team I and so many here support, I felt like responding and I did, and I will continue to...

I am not a peace officer, never have been and never will be... It is not my job to police the young Cuero guys that come on here and have fun, as it is not your job, well, your fellow Sinton folk's jobs to come on here and police you...

A tip: When responding to one's foolishness, you seem smarter (and in this case, prolly ARE smarter) if you address their foolishness individually... your act of addressing the Gobblers, who are kindly and respectably represented here for the most part, showed you had no other content and took the easy way out...

I can easily say "Sinton sucks", or maybe even extend it a few more words as you had done, but my brain goes further than that... hope you stretch your's out soon...

It doesn’t look like you understood that I was responding to ro-tex. You say you felt like responding to what I said because I talked about a team you support. I did exactly the same thing. I felt like responding to ro-tex because he was talking about a team I support. No one said you couldn’t and may continue to do so, as will I.

You may not be a peace officer but you sure are acting like one. Your the one that came on here a told me to cut the BS argument and move on. (Sounds like a peace officer to me. The only thing is you didn’t respond to the person who started it.)

As long as you have the 2 or 3 Cuero posters that I talked about earlier on here posting non-sense then be prepared to see someone respond to them. Is that not what this board is for? To post our opinions. Like I said, I might as well have a little fun with them.

Thanks for the tip. I figured quoting ro-tex was enough to let people know I was addressing his foolishness only and not any one of the other well respected Cuero poster on this board. I guess your brain didn’t stretch out far enough.

SintonFan
11-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Let's go Cuero and represent Region Four like a champion!:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 01:37 PM
It doesn’t look like you understood that I was responding to ro-tex. You say you felt like responding to what I said because I talked about a team you support. I did exactly the same thing. I felt like responding to ro-tex because he was talking about a team I support. No one said you couldn’t and may continue to do so, as will I.

You may not be a peace officer but you sure are acting like one. Your the one that came on here a told me to cut the BS argument and move on. (Sounds like a peace officer to me. The only thing is you didn’t respond to the person who started it.)

As long as you have the 2 or 3 Cuero posters that I talked about earlier on here posting non-sense then be prepared to see someone respond to them. Is that not what this board is for? To post our opinions. Like I said, I might as well have a little fun with them.

Thanks for the tip. I figured quoting ro-tex was enough to let people know I was addressing his foolishness only and not any one of the other well respected Cuero poster on this board. I guess your brain didn’t stretch out far enough.

I know you were responding to ro-tex, I told you I understood that...

But you brought in the team... you don't see me bringing in Sinton every time a Sinton poster gets on my nerves...

I'm talking to YOU here, my comments are clearly directed towords YOU, I do not have to bring your team up in this discussion as other weak-minds may have to with their lack of credible content...

htowntransplant
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
how do these two teams look?

sweeney wont stand a chance.

it will be a long drive back down SH 35 for them.

SINTON81
11-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I know you were responding to ro-tex, I told you I understood that...

But you brought in the team... you don't see me bringing in Sinton every time a Sinton poster gets on my nerves...

I'm talking to YOU here, my comments are clearly directed towords YOU, I do not have to bring your team up in this discussion as other weak-minds may have to with their lack of credible content...

Tell me gobbla, who was ro-tex talking about when he said “just be happy we're going to d2 this year”? Who is “we’re”? Was he talking about himself and the Cuero fans going division 2, or was he talking about the Cuero Gobbler football team?

Tell me another thing gobbla, who was ro-tex talking about when he said “oh nevermind yall have either wimberley or west columbia in the 3rd round so yall arent going anywhere”? Who is “yall”? Was he talking about the Sinton fans not going anywhere or the Sinton Pirate football team not going any where. That’s why I brought up the Cuero football team. That’s the CONTEXT of his post and I responded directly to IT. If you can’t figure that out then YOU need to quit worrying so much about “credible content” and stretch your mind out a little more. I’ll tell you what though, I think my content is just fine.

You seem to be so worried about “credible content” that you miss the CONTEXT of what is being said.

I’m sorry if you cant stand to see people post things against Cuero, but if that’s what others bring up then that’s what people are going to respond too. It’s not a problem I worry about. Everybody has and opinion and if they post it then usually someone is going to respond to it. That’s what this board is for.

pirate4state
11-09-2005, 04:07 PM
:mad: Jeez, enough already. :rolleyes: :hairpunk:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Tell me gobbla, who was ro-tex talking about when he said “just be happy we're going to d2 this year”? Who is “we’re”? Was he talking about himself and the Cuero fans going division 2, or was he talking about the Cuero Gobbler football team?

Tell me another thing gobbla, who was ro-tex talking about when he said “oh nevermind yall have either wimberley or west columbia in the 3rd round so yall arent going anywhere”? Who is “yall”? Was he talking about the Sinton fans not going anywhere or the Sinton Pirate football team not going any where. That’s why I brought up the Cuero football team. That’s the CONTEXT of his post and I responded directly to IT. If you can’t figure that out then YOU need to quit worrying so much about “credible content” and stretch your mind out a little more. I’ll tell you what though, I think my content is just fine.

You seem to be so worried about “credible content” that you miss the CONTEXT of what is being said.

I’m sorry if you cant stand to see people post things against Cuero, but if that’s what others bring up then that’s what people are going to respond too. It’s not a problem I worry about. Everybody has and opinion and if they post it then usually someone is going to respond to it. That’s what this board is for.

Wrong Way, Do Not Enter...

You obviously do not understand what I was saying...

I saw what ro_tex said, I get the damned point already... I guess I should have said 'hey, ro_tex, maybe you shouldn't have said that (which I have done in PM quite a few times)' but he was banned, so it would have been a little pointless to tell him to 'stop' the bs when he had already been stopped by the moderators, don't you think?

I know who you were responding to, like I said, I understand that, but he is not on the Cuero team, insult him individually, do not say 'Cuero would have had two losses this year blah blah blah', no matter who you replied to, that is addressing the Cuero Gobblers, not ro_tex...

It's kind of like a little kid... one kid says "Man, your underarms smell like dookie..." The other one can't come up with anything else so he says "My Daddy can beat up YOUR Daddy"... the kid's dad has nothing to do with it... You either find a way to address the little kid individually, or you accept the fact that ya aint got it in ya...

But you are right, maybe it is my brain that needs to be stretched... having read your garbage these last couple of days has made me dumber...

Good luck to Sinton (example on how to individualize)...

RoTex4Life
11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
lol yall have been goin at it lately...yall are funny....but i hate to say it but ro tex might be right....sinton might get beat by west columbia or wimberley

rodeo-rider
11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
RoTex is right, no way Sinton makes it past 3rd round which would be Columbia or Wimberly...Sorry Sinton Fans, but it was a good run...

SINTON81
11-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Wrong Way, Do Not Enter...

You obviously do not understand what I was saying...

I saw what ro_tex said, I get the damned point already... I guess I should have said 'hey, ro_tex, maybe you shouldn't have said that (which I have done in PM quite a few times)' but he was banned, so it would have been a little pointless to tell him to 'stop' the bs when he had already been stopped by the moderators, don't you think?

I know who you were responding to, like I said, I understand that, but he is not on the Cuero team, insult him individually, do not say 'Cuero would have had two losses this year blah blah blah', no matter who you replied to, that is addressing the Cuero Gobblers, not ro_tex...

It's kind of like a little kid... one kid says "Man, your underarms smell like dookie..." The other one can't come up with anything else so he says "My Daddy can beat up YOUR Daddy"... the kid's dad has nothing to do with it... You either find a way to address the little kid individually, or you accept the fact that ya aint got it in ya...

But you are right, maybe it is my brain that needs to be stretched... having read your garbage these last couple of days has made me dumber...

Good luck to Sinton (example on how to individualize)...

I obviously DO understand what you are saying, I just think your “credible content” argument has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You may have wanted me to respond to ro-tex in a different manner, but I didn’t. That’s just too bad now isn’t it? Are people supposed to make sure their response to someone meets with you approval?

Ro-tex brought up the Sinton football team, I brought up the Cuero football team. PERIOD. When he said “just be happy we're (Cuero football team) going to d2 this year”, was I supposed to respond, “Sinton has a nice football field”?

Now that would be a good example of no “credible content” within the CONTEXT of the discussion. Or maybe, I just should have said CUERO IS KING, you are so right ro-tex.

So you wanted me to insult ro-tex individually? You did say insult ro-tex individually, right? Was I supposed to call him an idiot and things like that? Aren’t we warned against personal attacks? Wasn’t ro-tex warned about things like that sometime ago?

In my opinion you don’t have to tell ro-tex anything, but don’t jump on me for responding to his comments either. In case you didn’t know it, not everyone has a favorable opinion of Cuero, or Sinton for that matter. That’s what the little blue button that says “Post Reply” is for, to post what we think.

If your getting dumber, it's only because your not listening to me.

Let me see if I can learn how to individualize,

Good luck in the playoffs, Sinton Pirates! How was that? Was that ok?

gobbler grad
11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 01:08 PM
No, you're just supposed to be the better person... which I was when responding to you...

Oh well, we'll keep going back and forth, we're both right in our own minds so I aint replying on that topic anymore...

Back to Cuero and Sweeny, I can't believe I don't even know if we're the home or away team...

what are we?

gobblerguy6405
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
yea what are we? cuz ive been tryin to figure out where i wanna park so i dont have to battle that bad traffic after the game....

shellman54
11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Go Gobblers!!! Spread is Cuero (-26)

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:37 PM
feel bad for sweeny in this game!!

44INAROW
11-10-2005, 01:57 PM

Back to Cuero and Sweeny, I can't believe I don't even know if we're the home or away team...

what are we?

I didn't know either.. and neither did anyone I asked lol.. so I called the field house,, we are VISITORS this week

SINTON81
11-10-2005, 02:28 PM

Oh well, we'll keep going back and forth, we're both right in our own minds so I aint replying on that topic anymore...
I'll agree with you on that point. TRUCE!

Highschoolfan78
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
now wasnt that easy? One thing everyone can agree on is there is some good football coming these next 3 days around the state! You gotta love Nov and Dec. The only thing missing is a cold front

cjeffsjeep
11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Should be able to rest them after the 1st qrt. Sweeny has as much chance as a three-legged dog on a treadmill....

i just dont know about that i had a 3legged dog and she could move

raider red 2000
11-10-2005, 03:48 PM
did you ever put her on a treadmill???

not to be mean....but that would be funny to see.

not your dog....but any 3 legged dog.

RoTex4Life
11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
dang i cant wait...it is goin to be awesome tomorrow night....from what my friends have told me that are on the team this year, they said that sweeny's got some big boys....im goin to be watchin that all state linebacker of sweeny's get pancaked by chubbed up and the boys..lol

cjeffsjeep
11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
SINTON81
Letterman

Member #: 278

It doesn’t look like you understood that I was responding to ro-tex. You say you felt like responding to what I said because I talked about a team you support. I did exactly the same thing. I felt like responding to ro-tex because he was talking about a team I support. No one said you couldn’t and may continue to do so, as will I .

THERE IS NO I IN TEAM

but you sure have a lot of them here

cjeffsjeep
11-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
did you ever put her on a treadmill???

not to be mean....but that would be funny to see.

not your dog....but any 3 legged dog.

nope never put her on a treadmill but i hade t drives at my house and when a car would pass the first drive she would take off and by the time it got to the second one she would be there barking at it

Ranger05
11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
cuero takes this by 21

gobblergolf
11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Ya, I can't wait for tomorrow night either. I was gonna stay up here in College Station to do some studying, but I was thinking about it and I cant miss my cousin and chubbedup putting it on Sweeney. It should be a good game and a lot of size out there. Those 1st round games are always fun at Memorial Stadium. Always a good atmosphere and hopefully the boys will take care of business. Good luck gobblers and keep up the hard work!

RoTex4Life
11-10-2005, 04:51 PM
yeah u better come ben....u better not miss any playoff games...there are no excuses either...:D

SINTON81
11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by cjeffsjeep
SINTON81
Letterman

Member #: 278

It doesn’t look like you understood that I was responding to ro-tex. You say you felt like responding to what I said because I talked about a team you support. I did exactly the same thing. I felt like responding to ro-tex because he was talking about a team I support. No one said you couldn’t and may continue to do so, as will I .

THERE IS NO I IN TEAM

but you sure have a lot of them here

Wow, you went and did all that? Good work.:clap: :clap: Thank you for pointing that out to me, I had no idea.:D:D

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2005, 05:03 PM
LOL....Both of u are cracking me up!:D

I leave for a day or two and look at you!;) :D

SINTON81
11-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
now wasnt that easy? One thing everyone can agree on is there is some good football coming these next 3 days around the state! You gotta love Nov and Dec. The only thing missing is a cold front

Wow, I agree with that also. And that cold front is a comming buddy, at least I hope so. I'm ready for highs in the 30's.:cool:

NewYorkYankee
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Best of Luck to the Gobblers,i'll be rooting for yall..peace out e-town down!

gato 76
11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
[

Sweeny will need some breaks to win against a Cuero program I respect from experience. Always tough with size & speed. But I do know this: the Dogs will play hard & the program under the direction of Coach Z is on the way back to the days when playoff runs were expected. Roster #s are up, subvarsity teams are winning, & the faith has been restored. Just give him a little time & real offseason training that has been absent for 6 years. That is the foundation of any good program. Good luck to everybody & GATA. Nothing like playoff football in Texas & you will remember it forever. [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]under the direction of coach z[/Q

Having good coaching and having andOC with expience makes all the difference in the world.

gobblerfan02
11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
The Bluedogs will be tough to beat on turf.

where's my water, scrub c? I'm still a waitin!

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I'll agree with you on that point. TRUCE!

Truce indeed... hopefully Cuero and Sinton can play a 2nd/3rd round game in the same stadium on the same day so I can check you guys out...

Have a blast watching it...

gobblerfan02
11-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Awe, always like to see ppl kiss and make up! Way to go, we're all adults here, at least I like to think so! Go gobblers and pirates!

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Awe, always like to see ppl kiss and make up! Way to go, we're all adults here, at least I like to think so! Go gobblers and pirates!

Shut up KK... don't make it out to seem more mushy than it already is... geez...

gobblerfan02
11-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Shut up KK... don't make it out to seem more mushy than it already is... geez... Didn't know you were such a "sensitive" person Gobbla!

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Didn't know you were such a "sensitive" person Gobbla!

I am, I like watching Dr. Phil and the View, what did you expect? :p

gobblerfan02
11-10-2005, 09:40 PM

You're alright Zim, a good person. Glad to have known you as long as I have. I just hope the gobblers take care of business tomorrow night, so maybe there next game will be more up my way, as I won't make it tomorrow night!:(

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 09:41 PM
You're alright Zim, a good person. Glad to have known you as long as I have. I just hope the gobblers take care of business tomorrow night, so maybe there next game will be more up my way, as I won't make it tomorrow night!:(

Be glad I don't watch either of those shows, was just trying to come up with some decent content...

You're not making the game? Damn, man, you gunna try to make the next one?

gobblerfan02
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Be glad I don't watch either of those shows, was just trying to come up with some decent content...

You're not making the game? Damn, man, you gunna try to make the next one? Yes, Ill make the next one, just have a major project for school this weekend, can't leave! I wanna go so bad, but it just wouldn't work out. You can take up the slack and yell for the team for me though.:D ;)

SintonFan
11-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Yes, Ill make the next one, just have a major project for school this weekend, can't leave! I wanna go so bad, but it just wouldn't work out. You can take up the slack and yell for the team for me though.:D ;)
Time enough for a poker game or two?:D

gobbler grad
11-11-2005, 09:05 AM
From the Victoria Advocate this morning:

Cuero knows road to title won't be easy

MIKE FORMAN
Advocate Sports Writer

The power of one is common knowledge in Cuero

Cuero has been ranked No. 1 in the state in the Associated Press Class 3A poll virtually all season. The Gobblers finished first in District 26-3A after being ranked No. 1 in the district in team offense and team defense.

But to have a chance to reach its goal of being the one team to bring home a Class 3A, Division II state championship trophy Cuero most win its first playoff game.

The Gobblers (9-0) seek playoff win No. 1 when they meet Sweeny (6-3) in a bi-district game today at 7:30 p.m. at Memorial Stadium in Victoria.

The winner will advance to the area playoffs against the winner of tonight's Llano-Poteet game.

"The first one is always the biggest one in the playoffs," Cuero coach Mark Reeve said. "It's just like the first game of the season and the first game in district."

Cuero is making its third consecutive playoff appearance under Reeve. The Gobblers were eliminated in the bi-district round in 2003 before advancing to the Division I final last season where Abilene Wylie kicked a field goal on the game's final play to win 17-14.

There's no doubt Cuero has been determined to return to the state final, but Reeve has made sure his players have focused on the one game in front of them.

"You can't win 28 in a row if you don't have a good perspective," said Reeve, referring to Cuero's regular-season winning streak. "We have a lot of respect for our opponents. When you respect your opponents, you get up to play for them."

Sweeny earned Reeve's respect by winning its final two District 26-3A games against Wharton and Stafford to clinch a playoff berth.

"They're a capable team with good athletes," Reeve said of the Bulldogs, who lost a non-district game to Rice Consolidated and suffered district losses to Needville and Columbia. "They've got a good quarterback (Blake Williams). He's got a good arm and he's pretty accurate."

Sweeny is making its first playoff appearance since 2001 under Tommy Zajicek, who returned as head coach this season after previously coaching the team for 10 years before leaving after the 1998 season.

"It was just a lot of change in scheme and terminology," Zajicek said. "It took us a while. We had to win our last two games to get in the playoffs."

Zajicek has been impressed by Cuero's diversity on offense.

"Cuero has the most balanced team I've seen," Zajicek said. "They have almost equal yards running (1,853) and throwing (1,709). They have very large linemen and a lot of skill kids. They have all the ingredients of a great football team."

Reeve has been pleased with his team's progress, especially on defense.

"We're pretty young on defense but we've gotten a little better each week," Reeve said. "We're playing with a little more aggression. I think we're ahead of where we were going into the playoffs last year."

Cuero's offense has been led by quarterback Kyle Noack, who has completed over 70 percent of his passes for 1,689 yards and 22 touchdowns. Running backs Fabian Olguin and Latrael Cooper have combined to rush for 1,303 yards and 16 touchdowns. Receivers Tre Gray, Justin Wesley, and Quincy Whittington have combined for 68 receptions for 1,216 yards and 14 touchdowns.

"They try to deal you a death blow early," Zajicek said of the Cuero offense.

"They like to go for the big play or hit a big pass. If they can't get it, they line it up and shove it down your throat."

The Gobblers don't care how they get it done against Sweeny, but they understand the Bulldogs are obstacle No. 1.

"We know we can't get ahead of ourselves," Cuero senior J.T. Rudd said. "We can't get there unless we win every game. We've learned that we have to fight for every game. No one is going to lie down for us. We're playing for our lives every week."

NOTES: Tickets will be $9 at the gate. ... Sweeny will be the home team and its bench will be on the press box side of the stadium. ... Cuero and Sweeny last met in the 1999 Division I bi-district playoffs. The Gobblers won 20-14 in overtime. ... The game will be broadcast on 104.7 FM and Web cast on www.lonestarfm.com

cjeffsjeep
11-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Sweeny ready for challenge

By Matt Tasler
The Facts

Published November 10, 2005

SWEENY — The Sweeny Bulldogs face a tough task in the opening round of the Class 3A, Region IV football playoffs.

Awaiting the Bulldogs at 7:30 p.m. Friday are the Cuero Gobblers, the top-ranked 3A team in the Associated Press poll all season.

The Gobblers (9-0) are coming off a 45-6 pounding of Edna in the District 26-3A finale. In that contest, Gobbler quarterback Kyle Noack tossed four touchdown passes to three receivers and also rushed for 138 yards on 29 carries. Noack finished with 152 passing yards.

Sweeny head coach Tommy Zajicek isn’t fazed by the Gobblers’ gaudy stats, but Sweeny (6-3) is playing its first postseason game in four years.

“If you look back at the top 20 or 25 teams in Region IV, both schools are going to be up there pretty high in all-time wins,” Zajicek said. “Their program has three state titles and ours has one. Two pretty good football teams are going to tee it up on Friday night.”

Against Edna, Cuero jumped out to a 38-0 halftime lead and cruised to finish an undefeated district season.

Sweeny, on the other hand, had to win its final two games to qualify for the postseason.

The Bulldogs defeated Wharton in a road game in Week 9, and Stafford at home Friday to clinch the final postseason spot in District 25-3A.

That sense of urgency, Zajicek said, could help the Bulldogs Friday because they’ve played under playoff-type pressure for the last couple of weeks.

“A lot of things can happen in the first week of the playoffs,” Zajicek said. “Not to make light of Cuero, but they had it clinched two weeks ago, so they could just play out the season.

“There’s an edge a team has to have. A team can get hot and sharpen that edge to get two, three or five weeks into the playoffs. When you clinch early, sometimes the edge is not there.”

Sweeny’s offense is built around a spread-the-wealth mentality, and numerous players contribute in the rushing attack.

Quinn Wright, the Bulldogs’ leading rusher, ranked eighth in 25-3A with 581 yards on 88 carries in the regular season. Josh Fields was 10th in the district with 378 yards rushing, and quarterback Blake Williams and running back Howard Jones also cracked the top 15 with 284 and 280 yards, respectively. Williams completed 51-of-112 passes for 750 yards and five touchdowns.

The offense will battle a Cuero defense that is coming off a dominant performance against Edna. The Gobblers allowed 95 total yards — only 11 through the air — and limited the Cowboys to five first downs.

Zajicek said the key will be mixing the run with the pass consistently. That could mean running on passing downs and passing in running situations.

He also said Williams’ running ability will help give the offense a couple of extra seconds to get the ball down field a little easier.

“Blake is going to do the things we want him to do,” Zajicek said. “(His mobility) gives us an opportunity to throw the ball and move him around in the pocket. Last week, we tried to run the ball, but we weren’t consistent with the running game. We’ve got to mix it up to loosen the defense up.”

scrub c
11-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Better watch out for them BLUEDOGS....

RoTex4Life
11-11-2005, 01:12 PM
im just gonna go ahead and say 42-14...that is my prediction..sweeny should make it close for a while....about 7 more hours...i cant wait

Gobbla2001
11-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I believe that this will be a really good game...

Hurry up 7:30...

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Updates on this game?

CheerMom
11-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Last I heard 21-6, Cuero.

gobblerfan02
11-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Just called a friend, score :

Cuero 21
Sweeny 9

5:30 left in the half!

SINTON81
11-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Hey Gobbla, What time does Dr. Phil come on? After Fridays game, I may have to skip work to watch the show.:( :D:D

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
if it came on fridays at 730 u are lucky sinton81....since yall dont have any more games u could watch it...jk..lol:p

SINTON81
11-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
if it came on fridays at 730 u are lucky sinton81....since yall dont have any more games u could watch it...jk..lol:p

I look at the brightside, I will be saving money for Chrismas. With 5 kid's I'm going to need it.:rolleyes: :D :D

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
lol