PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Snyder-Monahans

Pages : [1] 2

DaHop72
11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Never too soon to start.

wildstangs
11-05-2005, 12:39 AM
As I stated earlier, this has to be the game of the week. 10-0 VS. 9-1. Gonna stick with 4-3A and say the Tiggers upset Monahans.

justlikesports
11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I gotta go with the Loboes! We are so proud of our guys. Congrats to the Loboes on this season. TEAM work guys!!!!

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
im sorry but i dont think monahans is for real... snyder will win easily

Pmoney
11-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i agree Snyder by 21+

zeus63
11-05-2005, 01:10 AM
what's funny is that before it was Greenwood was going to win because they had a tougher schedule, which included Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder. Your reasoning to call the game in favor of Greenwood is that they would be better because they played these teams. Greenwood plays Snyder tough ad keeps it a 7 point game, if I remember correctly. Now Greenwood loses to Monahans after as most say, "playing a tougher schedule." Yet, people still don't think Monahans is for real. It's Amazing. Oh well, guess we will find out next week.

GWOOD
11-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja

No they are the real deal. Lineman remind me of Wylie. Running backs Roberson and Graves are quick and do not go down easy.

Defense was tough 1st quarter and then gave up 33 points to Greenwood the last 3 quarters. That would be the biggest concern I have about Monahans.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
what's funny is that before it was Greenwood was going to win because they had a tougher schedule, which included Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder. Your reasoning to call the game in favor of Greenwood is that they would be better because they played these teams. Greenwood plays Snyder tough ad keeps it a 7 point game, if I remember correctly. Now Greenwood loses to Monahans after as most say, "playing a tougher schedule." Yet, people still don't think Monahans is for real. It's Amazing. Oh well, guess we will find out next week.

You're exactly right....we'll see next week.

As far as Monahans goes, I'm a believer now...they're a good team. It should be a very good game. I'm looking forward to it. I'm still going with the Tigers by 14. The Tigers are tough...their defense will be the toughest the lobos have seen. Snyder has alot of offensive weapons, when they're clicking.

We'll see next week...anyone know for sure when/where the game is going to be?

lobo12
11-05-2005, 01:34 AM
grande at 5:30

Snyder_TigerFan
11-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by lobo12
grande at 5:30
Friday?

lobo12
11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
yes friday, and im taking the loboes by 14

Ranger Mom
11-05-2005, 01:46 AM
I will be there...hopefully with the flag!!

jmcgee
11-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Monahans by 14 Snyder has no offense.

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 10:12 AM
i promise you all monahans is not for real... if they get lucky and win this one then they can go pretty far because they wouldnt play anyone good until the regional finals... but there is no state title coming to west texas this year

XWylieMom
11-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Got get em' Tigers!

Ranger05
11-05-2005, 10:49 AM
im gonna go monahans by 10

TigerPride
11-05-2005, 11:06 AM
tigers 21 loboes 7

TheDOCTORdre
11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
im gonna go with the TIgers in this one 24-13

mulefan
11-05-2005, 11:14 AM
i think monahans will win in a close one. the regular season is over who cares who you played before prove it now!

Pmoney
11-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by mulefan
the regular season is over who cares who you played before prove it now!
thats true thats why the tigers win this one they have experience in the playoffs and they know what they have to do to win

mulefan
11-05-2005, 12:35 PM
ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME.

garciap77
11-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Snyder 7 Monahans 3

lobo12
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
no way this game is that low scoring monahans is averaging 46 points a game, i think this one will be higher scoring than that.....is there a high level of competition in region one division 2, i havent paid attention to the other districts, will the winner of this game have a tough road ahead of them to the regional finals

Pmoney
11-05-2005, 02:28 PM
ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME.
you are correct on that one it will be a great game

Pmoney
11-05-2005, 02:36 PM
The last three games between these two are:
(2003 Bi-District)
Snyder-26
Monahans-0

(2002 Bi-District)
Monahans-7
Snyder-6

(2001 1st game of season)
Snyder-49
Monahans-0

Total Scores
Snyder-81
Monahans-7

Ranger Mom
11-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
The last three games between these two are:
(2003 Bi-District)
Snyder-26
Monahans-0

(2002 Bi-District)
Monahans-7
Snyder-6

(2001 1st game of season)
Snyder-49
Monahans-0

Total Scores
Snyder-81
Monahans-7

All that is out the window this season though!

Who?
11-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Snyder's opportunistic and any mistakes won't fly. Monahans will make a few costly ones and Snyder will take it by 14.

sweetwater07
11-05-2005, 04:44 PM
i'm gonna say monahans takes this.....hurts me to say that about a 4-3A team though....

GWOOD
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Here's a stat to consider from last night's game:

Sam Graves, Monahans, 19 carries, 302 yards
Chris Roberson, Monahans, 17 carries, 165 yards

I know that Greenwood's defense struggles. But no other back put up even 165 yards against Greenwood this season, let alone 302--no one from Wylie or Sweetwater or Snyder or even Lamesa. Both backs are fast and strong and not easy to bring down. Monahans offensive line did their job well last night!

BMOC
11-05-2005, 06:12 PM
I have had the oppurtunity to see both teams play. Seen Monahans earlier in the year and again last night. They do look good. Coach there has done a heck of a job. But those Tigers from Snyder are tough as nails. These guys know how to win football games, especially the tough ones (with the exception of Sweetwater). Im going with the Tigers on this one. Anybody know what time this game is on Friday??? Heard it is in Midland.

Pmoney
11-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
I have had the oppurtunity to see both teams play. Seen Monahans earlier in the year and again last night. They do look good. Coach there has done a heck of a job. But those Tigers from Snyder are tough as nails. These guys know how to win football games, especially the tough ones (with the exception of Sweetwater). Im going with the Tigers on this one. Anybody know what time this game is on Friday??? Heard it is in Midland.
its at 5:30 friday at Grande

Highschoolfan78
11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
sorry monahans... early exit for you guys.. good season though..I think Snyder is just too much of a powerhouse for you guys.

KingRob
11-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Snyder will win this in the second half. However, the halftime show will keep people entertained.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Snyder will win this in the second half. However, the halftime show will keep people entertained.

Hey.....I will be there at halftime with the flag......are you saying I look funny??:p

DukeNukem
11-05-2005, 09:24 PM
i still agree this game could go either way, but i can't wait for friday so we can quit hearing about how great snyder is and monahans being overrated or underrated for that matter. i have seen monahans as well as all the 4-3a playoff teams play and i am picking monahans vs sweetwater in a slobber knocker in about 4 weeks. yes that means monahans over snyder. the tigers fly to the ball which is great against traditional i/wishbone and spread teams but that can actually hurt you against wing-t teams. although it is only an opinion, the game features an average offense (snyder) vs good defense (monahans) and a tremendous offense (monahans) vs. great defense (snyder). snyder could not stop sweetwater when it counted and they were extremely one dimensional. although monahans is primarily run, you at least have to respect the pass unlike sweetwater. and as far as division 1 goes, i never pick against wylie in the playoffs.

gobbler grad
11-05-2005, 09:29 PM
COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT I'M GOING WITH SNYDER IN A CLOSE ONE..

Mustangpride09
11-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
tigers 21 loboes 7

LOL isnt that the score you predicted for the sweetwater snyder game???

"tigers 21 mustangs 7" we all know how that ended :-)

keenoace
11-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Snyder 28 Monahans 14 There's alot of playoff experience on that defense. They no what it takes to win. As for the offense, Snyder has many options to go to. There is some unfinished business to be taken care of. Go get em' Tigers no regrets. It's 4th and short on every play for the defense and 3rd and long for the offense in the Playoffs. Good Luck to all in the Playoffs.

jmcgee
11-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
i still agree this game could go either way, but i can't wait for friday so we can quit hearing about how great snyder is and monahans being overrated or underrated for that matter. i have seen monahans as well as all the 4-3a playoff teams play and i am picking monahans vs sweetwater in a slobber knocker in about 4 weeks. yes that means monahans over snyder. the tigers fly to the ball which is great against traditional i/wishbone and spread teams but that can actually hurt you against wing-t teams. although it is only an opinion, the game features an average offense (snyder) vs good defense (monahans) and a tremendous offense (monahans) vs. great defense (snyder). snyder could not stop sweetwater when it counted and they were extremely one dimensional. although monahans is primarily run, you at least have to respect the pass unlike sweetwater. and as far as division 1 goes, i never pick against wylie in the playoffs. Just hope your boys lose to snyder so they wont have to play us.

lobo12
11-06-2005, 01:27 AM
monahans is very capable of beating sweetwater as well

I Bleed Red08
11-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
LOL isnt that the score you predicted for the sweetwater snyder game???

"tigers 21 mustangs 7" we all know how that ended :-) yah his predictions was almost flipped 17-6 only 5 points difference. but yah im pickin monahans there defense is great and their offense is great to say the least itll be close but monohans will pull it off.

DukeNukem
11-06-2005, 05:03 PM
ttt

Pmoney
11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
i say snyder wins this one 35-14...Snyder has too much experience for the lobos could handle

Wtx_coach
11-06-2005, 06:01 PM
I can say this game is going to be a dandy, im going back and forth on this one, i will go with the Loboes by 7, Monahans has a GREAT coaching staff and 2 damm great running backs, when you can run as well as these 2 guys can its very hard to beat a team with 2 great backs, cant wait till game tine, Loboes 28 Snyder 14

lobo12
11-06-2005, 06:24 PM
i think the loboes win by at least 21 unless snyder has a passing attack

Ranger05
11-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach
I can say this game is going to be a dandy, im going back and forth on this one, i will go with the Loboes by 7, Monahans has a GREAT coaching staff and 2 damm great running backs, when you can run as well as these 2 guys can its very hard to beat a team with 2 great backs, cant wait till game tine, Loboes 28 Snyder 14 i will agree i was impressed with the perfomances sam graves and the other back not sure what his name is

THE BEAR
11-06-2005, 07:07 PM
The Loboes are for real. They will win.

injuredinmelee
11-06-2005, 08:34 PM
I am going to flip a quarter friday at noon. Ill let ya know how it goes.

lobo12
11-06-2005, 09:58 PM
does anyone know which team is home and which team is visitor

zeus63
11-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I hear the Loboes are gonna be weaing solid green Friday night. Tigers better watch out. I 've seen them play on many occassions this season and I have'nt been that impressed. I pick the Loboes to win 35-21

pero chato
11-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Both teams are for real. The Tigers defense will win this one -- 21-10. I'll be there cheering on district 4. Go Tigers!

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-06-2005, 11:01 PM
hey ranger mom, i think(hope) it's a monahans/greenwood rematch this year !!!!!

loboes 35 synder maybe 14

theonelobodad

Snyder_TigerFan
11-06-2005, 11:24 PM
It's kind of funny how much this season is mimicking last season for the Tigers. I think they must have been the underdogs for all of their playoff games, but they always found a way to win, much like I think they will for this game. Although the Tigers have been in the top 10 in the AP poll (not that it matters) all season, they continue to be the underdogs....however, that's okay. I think they would rather it be that way. Let's go Tigers....show them what you're made of....show them a defense that they have not seen all year.

Also...go 4-3a...I think think a sweep of 3-3a is in order!

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:26 AM
i cant really understand how monahans is winning this poll....

Mustangpride09
11-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe
hey ranger mom, i think(hope) it's a monahans/greenwood rematch this year !!!!!

loboes 35 synder maybe 14

theonelobodad

.......... unless eric martinez is either assasinated or breaks both of his legs (which is highly unlikely) monahans will be lucky to post double digits.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2005, 09:46 AM
I am just LOVING this thread!!

I am so glad I get to see this game!!:D

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2005, 09:49 AM
i cant really understand how monahans is winning this poll....

I'm thinking it's because more people have voted for Monahans, but I could be wrong. :p

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm thinking it's because more people have voted for Monahans, but I could be wrong. :p
As usual I have to agree with MOM.:D :D

Black & Gold
11-07-2005, 10:24 AM
This will be a good game. Taking the Tigers by 10. Will be two teams that are ready to play. I think Monahans is the real deal no matter who they have played but I know that Snyder is solid. Good luck Tigers!

westtxfballfan
11-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Loboes 34, Tigers 21.

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 11:03 AM
GO MIGHTY TIGERS!!! GO! FIGHT! WIN! LET'S GO BOY'S HIT EM HARD !!!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

DukeNukem
11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
.......... unless eric martinez is either assasinated or breaks both of his legs (which is highly unlikely) monahans will be lucky to post double digits.

is martinez 11 or 33. 33 is an impressive linebacker. 11 takes too many plays off. with that said, he has not faced the caliber of backs he will see friday. sweetwaters backs are fast but not half as physical as the monahans backs. monahans has size and speed and are very physical on offense. i predict both monahans backs will rush for over 100 yards unless snyder has 9 or 10 in the box, then they will beat by the pass.

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I will be there...hopefully with the flag!!

if you have the flag, try to walk by and show the monahans folk. we would love to see it!!

thanks

good luck thursday in san angelo

DaHop72
11-07-2005, 12:43 PM
is martinez 11 or 33. 33 is an impressive linebacker. 11 takes too many plays off. with that said, he has not faced the caliber of backs he will see friday. sweetwaters backs are fast but not half as physical as the monahans backs. monahans has size and speed and are very physical on offense. i predict both monahans backs will rush for over 100 yards unless snyder has 9 or 10 in the box, then they will beat by the pass.
Martinez is #11. #33 is Chris Smith. Snyder can be run on, but I don't see both backs getting 100 yards.

WTF-82
11-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Monahans running game is incredible Snyder defense will play hard and shutt em down at times but it is going to be hard to do it all game specially when snyder tries to stack it Loboes passing
game is great also and then comes the run again Graves is very physical and so is Roberson with lots of speed the Line is down right nasty it will be great to see a great offense vs a great defense. Snyder will have to be creative on offense spread the loboes out to win Greenwood did a lot of different things just to score like a little pole cat. The LOBOES defense is aggressive as well it will be interesting to see what the Snyder staff will try to do. Also it will be interesting to see what Monahans staff will do to attack Snyder Defense as well. This will be a game look for a great atmoshere another hiting war.

keenoace
11-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't no but, I think if Snyder get's on them early and scores when capable, then I think Monahans will fold. If you look at all the games they have played. They have yet to be challenged or had to come from behind. All of there games have been blow outs against team that aren't very good. Excluding Seminole & Greenwood. I believe that Midland Christiian played them the closest. We'll see come Friday.

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Good luck Friday to both teams, this has been another great season for the Tigers and we plan for it to keep on a rolling.

Let's Go Boys, Do what u want!!!

Who?
11-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Why does everyone say that Monahans is underrated...I've been watching this poll and they've been on top as far as numbers go. That's not being underrated, that's being the favorite to win. Starting to sound like Detroit last year in the Finals against the Spurs. All I heard was that Detroit was underrated...everyone I talked to recognized the strengths of the Pistons just like everyone recognized the strengths of Monahans.

WitchyWoman
11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately I haven't seen the Lobos play but from what I hear they have what it takes. Anyone with a 10-0 record should be thought of as a threat. I'm not speaking for everyone in Tigerland, but IMO our Coaches and our Players that have had the opportunity to see them play and watch the films are most definately taking them seriously... We are not into eating crow for a second time this season. :tongue: YUK !

GO! FIGHT! WIN ! MIGHTY TIGERS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jmcgee
11-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Monahans by 14 Snyder has no offense. ok I take this back. Monahans has been running their mouths too much I cant stand it anymore. I'll let monahans in on a little secret. Your not that good. Snyder by 14.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
ok I take this back. Monahans has been running their mouths too much I cant stand it anymore. I'll let monahans in on a little secret. Your not that good. Snyder by 14.

I honestly haven't seen where Monahans has been running their mouths!

VINCE4HEISMAN
11-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I would have to say that the Tigers pull of the upset because they have played pretty good ball the past to years and beat the defending state champs. Even though that game was a close one, Snyder did finish off the season with the win and will keep that intensity.

Ranger05
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
.......... unless eric martinez is either assasinated or breaks both of his legs (which is highly unlikely) monahans will be lucky to post double digits. greenwood scored 13 on synder and monahans's offensive is far more superior, plus colton wilber who came up big didnt have a very good night that night he didnt really come around till after the snyder game

SnyTigBaseB07
11-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
greenwood scored 13 on synder and monahans's offensive is far more superior, plus colton wilber who came up big didnt have a very good night that night he didnt really come around till after the snyder game

did ya'll read that, who actually thinks that Monahans Off. is superior to Snyder, i mean im not saying manahans isnt good, they are undefeated, but can you really say that? Monahans has a few star offensive players, but come on Snyder has more Offensive players that really impact the game. But who knows, i mean i've seen some crazy turn outs this year (i.e. Snyder Wylie)

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Some interesting stats from the Snyder Daily News...

This season Snyder has allowed:
112.4 yds rushing
76.1 yds passing
6.5 points per game

3 common opponents (Merkel, Greenwood, Andrews)
Snyder outscored them 81-13
Monahans outscore them 119-52

Ranger05
11-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
did ya'll read that, who actually thinks that Monahans Off. is superior to Snyder, i mean im not saying manahans isnt good, they are undefeated, but can you really say that? Monahans has a few star offensive players, but come on Snyder has more Offensive players that really impact the game. But who knows, i mean i've seen some crazy turn outs this year (i.e. Snyder Wylie) hey my bad i didnt mean like that i meant compared to greenwood i have to give them there props, im not callin greenwood horrible but im just sayin monahans and better offensive than greenwood

Ranger05
11-07-2005, 09:09 PM
i believe this is gonna be a good game im not tryin to take anything anyway from snyder im really sorry if it seemed like that.

SnyTigBaseB07
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
lol oh my bad too. It will be a good game, i cant wait til this weekend! I just wish it wasnt so far away!! Gosh! oh well i wonder who all from the 3A is going.

Ranger05
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
i wish i could but i will be leaving for austin to watch UT vs. Kansas

SnyTigBaseB07
11-07-2005, 09:20 PM
ooo thats cool! haha i still cant get over the Baylor loss by 62...and i thought my bears were doing good, but UT shut em down...just like snyder will shut down monahans...wink wink!

Stang4life5_5
11-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Snyder has seen way to many good running games in there...Its not like there expecting monahans to come out passing... I take snyder by 14

Ranger05
11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
ooo thats cool! haha i still cant get over the Baylor loss by 62...and i thought my bears were doing good, but UT shut em down...just like snyder will shut down monahans...wink wink! baylor has really turned things around they are alot better in my opinion than there record indicates

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Stang4life5_5
Snyder has seen way to many good running games in there...Its not like there expecting monahans to come out passing... I take snyder by 14

That's a good first post! Keep'em coming!:D

SnyTigBaseB07
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
baylor has really turned things around they are alot better in my opinion than there record indicates

Ya, they might have a winning season

~~~Snyder has been put up against some of the toughest and quickest teams. I dont think Monahans has the speed to get by our Backs...

keenoace
11-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Monahans has Two really big threats. #8 & #12. Two great backs that are hard too bring down and run very hard. Well Congratulations. As you know Snyder is in one of the toughest districts in the State. The district with so many threats on one team it will freakin drive you nuts. The district that if you stop one guy they go to another. They have played against Sweetwater, with two amzing running backs, that I really dont care for no offense, but crap they are legit. A QB that was just excellent when he played, and I am sure they are glad to have him back. Wish he would have played against Snyder. He would probably still be out if he did. LOL J/K. And a really fast Defense. Wylie, That had pretty much the same except they had the Nose Guard from hell. So It really doesn't matter who they have or what they plan to do. All I know is that they are going to prepare for Monahans, do what they are coached to do, and show up to play some good ole smash mouth football!!! AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. WHOOOOOOO!!!

stateboundWR#5
11-07-2005, 11:41 PM
GRANDE COMM STADIUM might as well be the house that coach rogers built, its almost the same as playing at home... the tigers will definately bring their A game on friday. go get em lil bro (#3)

Ranger Mom
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I will probably sit on the Monahans side, because I still am partial to my own district......but it will be awesome to watch a good ole smash mouth game that I really have no vested interest in!

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 12:50 AM
If Monahans can't hold Greenwood under 20 then their defense isn't that impressive. Sure they have a good running game, but they haven't seen a defense like Snyder's. I say Tigers take it by 20.

lobo12
11-08-2005, 01:45 AM
kind of like ratliff is to monahans, too bad snyder wont play them there but i see why.....i agree grande has been well to snyder, but no matter where played this game should be a good one

Tweeder215
11-08-2005, 07:38 AM
I gotta go with Snyder on this one. I've watched them play some this season and as always they are a tough tough football team. Monahans really hasn't impressed me much this season, they haven't lost but they also don't have any wins that just jump off the board at me so I say Snyder by 7 or less.

sweetwater07
11-08-2005, 08:08 AM
snyder has a good defense in almost every game i have watched them play.........especially against wylie....as for us they didn't have a defense worth watching but this game will be close......i keep thinking about it and i say monahans is gonna win but the more i think about it i am leaning towards the beloved 4-3A...either way gonna be a good game.......................................GO TIGERS<<<< better mark that down ..you won't see it again!!

Bubba-Joe
11-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by keenoace
They have played against Sweetwater, with two amzing running backs, that I really dont care for no offense, but crap they are legit. A QB that was just excellent when he played, and I am sure they are glad to have him back. Wish he would have played against Snyder. He would probably still be out if he did.

and you wonder why people say you have no class????

Tweeder215
11-08-2005, 08:44 AM
I was just wondering who all from sweetwater will be at this game since we play Thursday. If you aren't going then you should cause not only will it be an amazing game but it will be one of the very few times that you see this Mustang fan decked out in Black and Gold.

WTF-82
11-08-2005, 08:54 AM
dont talk about traditional powerhouse snyder if thats the case Monahans will blow you away only Sweetwater and Wylie has
as much or more tradition than Monahans the lobo kids know how to win games trust me they have been doing all there lives and it will show on friday it will be a great one you Snyder people make it sound like you are invincible

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 09:40 AM
See that's what I hate. If we say well Snyder has a great defense then it comes off as invincible. Think what you want but you will see what we are talking about Friday, we aren't saying we are invincible, you just underrate us. After all Monahans is the overrated one. If the toughest game we played was Greenwood then we would be undefeated also. We shoot for the tougher teams aka. Sweetwater and Wylie.

WitchyWoman
11-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
dont talk about traditional powerhouse snyder if thats the case Monahans will blow you away only Sweetwater and Wylie has
as much or more tradition than Monahans the lobo kids know how to win games trust me they have been doing all there lives and it will show on friday it will be a great one you Snyder people make it sound like you are invincible

Hey I don't think anyone is taking anything away from the Lobos, if you read the post most of the people talking are from other towns that have played against the Tigers. We are a good ball club, and we are proud of our boys, as I'm sure you are of your guys..... Good Luck Tigers show 'em what you GOT!!!

WitchyWoman
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Bye the way we play

THURSDAY @ 5:30 GRANDE STADIUM - MIDLAND

not Friday...............:kiss:

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Bye the way we play

not Friday...............:kiss:

Here at the Highschool they announced that we play
Friday @ 5:30 in Grande Stadium
I could be wrong but we are supposedly getting out at 2 on Friday for the game.

WitchyWoman
11-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by S-Town Tiger
Here at the Highschool they announced that we play
Friday @ 5:30 in Grande Stadium
I could be wrong but we are supposedly getting out at 2 on Friday for the game.

LOL honey I'm kidding it's a private joke between a few on here lol sorry to confuse you.... LMAO, really j/k

Snyder Tigers do play @ 5:30 Friday November 11, 2005
GRANDE STADIUM....... :kiss:

SnyderMom
11-08-2005, 10:27 AM
LOL honey I'm kidding it's a private joke between a few on here lol sorry to confuse you.... LMAO, really j/k

you threw me for a loop too loser!!

Black_Magic
11-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Bye the way we play

not Friday...............:kiss: good one:thumbsup: :clap:

WitchyWoman
11-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
good one:thumbsup: :clap:

lol thnx just couldn't help myself, I'm a bad witch today...

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

keenoace
11-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
and you wonder why people say you have no class????

Did you not see the LOL or J/K you dummy. If your gonna quote post the whole thing. Bubba that was a good try though. Way to go Bubba Joe. :clap: :clap: :clap:

SnyderMom
11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by keenoace
Did you not see the LOL or J/K you dummy. If your gonna quote post the whole thing. Bubba that was a good try though. Way to go Bubba Joe. :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's Jubba Boe to you keeny~~! :D

Ranger05
11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
See that's what I hate. If we say well Snyder has a great defense then it comes off as invincible. Think what you want but you will see what we are talking about Friday, we aren't saying we are invincible, you just underrate us. After all Monahans is the overrated one. If the toughest game we played was Greenwood then we would be undefeated also. We shoot for the tougher teams aka. Sweetwater and Wylie. um yall didnt schedule them yall were FORCED due to yall bein in the same district do u think monahans picked there district. it all has to do with geographic location.

SnyderMom
11-08-2005, 10:45 AM
um yall didnt schedule them yall were FORCED due to yall bein in the same district do u think monahans picked there district. it all has to do with geographic location.

That's soooo not what he's implying....I don't think anyway

Ranger05
11-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
That's soooo not what he's implying....I don't think anyway i just was makin a comment about them goin for the tuffer teams, they were forced to play them due to there district. im not tryin to knock snyder if thats what it looks like im doin i think they have as good of a shot as any gettin to the quarterfinals.

Ranger05
11-08-2005, 10:49 AM
good luck to both teams on friday night.

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-08-2005, 09:47 PM
whoever mentioned #12 & #8 the runnin back is #9 the jerseys look alike # 8 is one of our top receivers/DB 12 is graves #9 is roberson #8 is collins

keenoace
11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe
whoever mentioned #12 & #8 the runnin back is #9 the jerseys look alike # 8 is one of our top receivers/DB 12 is graves #9 is roberson #8 is collins

well that's who i ment. Your right though they do look similiar. When there jersey is all scrunched up it looks like an eight. But yeah the roberson kid. Good Back. Is he being looked at by anyone (colleges).

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 10:20 PM

Sorry, just wanted to make sure. Thanks

lobo12
11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
he is only a junior this year, and u talk about snyder winning big games......although it happend this year monahans is not known for having undefeated seasons, they are know for winning big games that they arent supposed to

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
That's soooo not what he's implying....I don't think anyway

Your right. I was just trying to make a point, wrether or not we were forced we still played alot tougher teams.

zeus63
11-08-2005, 11:10 PM
besides wylie and sweetwater, exactly who is it that you clasify as tougher?

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
besides wylie and sweetwater, exactly who is it that you clasify as tougher?

Well seeing that they are 2 of the top ten in state I would say thats good enough besides, I would like to see Monahans and Clyde...

zeus63
11-08-2005, 11:22 PM
well, I don't mean for this to sound like trash talk but since you didn't answer the questions, I guess I will. Snyder has played Merkel (0-10);Andrews (2-8), San Angelo Lake View (2-8); Clyde (2-8); Lubbock Estacado (0-10); Levelland (3-7). With that kind of schedule in mind I think that Monahans and Snyder are on pretty level playing fields. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that snyder is not a great football team, they are. But, you cannot judge football talent by a team's schedule. Be prepared to see a good football game Friday.

S-Town Tiger
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
well, I don't mean for this to sound like trash talk but since you didn't answer the questions, I guess I will. Snyder has played Merkel (0-10);Andrews (2-8), San Angelo Lake View (2-8); Clyde (2-8); Lubbock Estacado (0-10); Levelland (3-7). With that kind of schedule in mind I think that Monahans and Snyder are on pretty level playing fields. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that snyder is not a great football team, they are. But, you cannot judge football talent by a team's schedule. Be prepared to see a good football game Friday.

What about muleshoe last year? Great record, people said they would kill us, didn't happen. All I am saying is that Monahans hasn't has as hard of a schedual. Adding Wylie and Sweetwater adds a h** of alot of competition.
What about lubbock cooper (in playoffs), greenwood(monahans did beat, but in playoffs)

stateboundWR#5
11-09-2005, 02:54 AM
who has monahans played this year??? havent seen much of em on the DL! have they been in any of the game of the weeks on here, doubt it! let me see... so who has been battle tested outta these two someone please tell me. all im sayin is its already wednesday only two more days til game day and only the BEST team will win! GO GET EM LIL BRO (#3)

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by stateboundWR#5
who has monahans played this year??? havent seen much of em on the DL! have they been in any of the game of the weeks on here, doubt it! let me see... so who has been battle tested outta these two someone please tell me.
Okay, this has got to be a first I believe. Let me see if I've got this straight. Because Snyder or opponents have been game of the week on the DL a few times, and Monahans and opponents opponents have not (outside Greenwood), Snyder has been more battle tested than Monahans. :doh: :doh: Great googly moogly!

There are MANY 3a teams across the state that have ZERO posters on the DL. Region II has entire districts with no representation and some districts with one poster.

3afan
11-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Okay, this has got to be a first I believe. Let me see if I've got this straight. Because Snyder or opponents have been game of the week on the DL a few times, and Monahans and opponents opponents have not (outside Greenwood), Snyder has been more battle tested than Monahans. :doh: :doh: Great googly moogly!

There are MANY 3a teams across the state that have ZERO posters on the DL. Region II has entire districts with no representation and some districts with one poster.

thats funny ....

stateboundWR#5
11-09-2005, 07:33 AM

i think you completely misunderstood what i was trying to say... all i was saying is all this talk bout snyders schedule, i wanna see who monahans has played??? did they play any teams equal to sweetwater or wylie???

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Everyone can do all the self reasuring they want. It comes down to smash mouth football on friday. The kind of football snyder loves.

WTF-82
11-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Thats the kind of football Snyder loves but that is the kind of ball
MONAHANS PLAYS I cant wait remember the Sweetwater game Tiger fans remember how you felt after the game you will feel it on friday night now that is trash talking.

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Thats the kind of football Snyder loves but that is the kind of ball
MONAHANS PLAYS I cant wait remember the Sweetwater game Tiger fans remember how you felt after the game you will feel it on friday night now that is trash talking.

Comparing Monhans to sweetwater is way outta relm..... and you say we are the one doing all the trash talking, ne wayz. I agree with stateboundWR#5, we are just saying that Snyder has had more challenge, and the trash talk that went on before sweetwater was nothing like this, we learned our lesson, I just think that everyone is underrating us and we want to let everyone know that we are the real deal, and hasn't monahans done a little trash talking themselves?

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't buy the "strength of schedule" crap....no one can say that Greenwood didn't have a rough schedule.

Maybe Monahans does or doesn't....it didn't make a crap when Greenwood (with their schedule) played Monahans....we STILL got beat!

So.....I have no predictions in this game except to predict that I think it will be a good one!!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-09-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't buy the "strength of schedule" crap....no one can say that Greenwood didn't have a rough schedule.

Maybe Monahans does or doesn't....it didn't make a crap when Greenwood (with their schedule) played Monahans....we STILL got beat!

So.....I have no predictions in this game except to predict that I think it will be a good one!!

I agree with you RM...strength of schedule does not make you a good team...you can have a weak schedule and still have a very good team. Sometimes it is hard to tell how good a team really is if they play alot of weak teams. But look at Gilmer last year....they had a very weak regular season schedule, but look where they ended up.

Eventhough monahans has had a weak schedule, I still think they are a good team. It takes a good team to go 10-0 and put up as many points on the board as they have. This is going to be a very good game and the Tigers better come out ready to play. Can't wait....let's go TIGERS!

chugbug
11-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Monahans is for real. You can say all you want about strength of schedule and other things, but the botton line is you don't go 10-0 without being good. The Lobos are going deep in the playoffs. Get over it . Go Lobos.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi kids, really missed everyone. My system wz down for a whole day and I about went crazy....

So let's start this one in a positive manner.

GO! FIGHT! WIN! MMMMMMMMIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTYYYYYY TTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi kids, really missed everyone. My system wz down for a whole day and I about went crazy....

So let's start this one in a positive manner.

GO! FIGHT! WIN! MMMMMMMMIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTYYYYYY TTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

Well you were in luck....the board was down yesterday from about 10:00 AM to around 5:00 PM!!

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh so I didn't miss anything that's good to know I've been searching the entire sight to make sure.... I'm going Pm you my other cell # ok, if you would keep me posted on your game thursday and good luck to the Rangers and Mustangs...

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh so I didn't miss anything that's good to know I've been searching the entire sight to make sure.... I'm going Pm you my other cell # ok, if you would keep me posted on your game thursday and good luck to the Rangers and Mustangs...

Hey me too...

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 11:33 AM

Ok buy it or don't its true. Sure Greenwood had a tough scedual but did they win the tough ones? Nope. I am sure Monahans is a good team but don't get all flustered up with a 10-0 record until you play some real football which will happen Friday, they haven't seen what its like to play real football.

injuredinmelee
11-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Im taking Monahans just because I cant stand BM.

If it wasnt for him id be all over the Tigers to win this one big.

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

loser...

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm ............. silly boy, your gonna lose that one.
Always, always go with your gut!:p

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 11:43 AM

BM... Black Magic?

DaHop72
11-09-2005, 11:45 AM

You know that's not fair. That would be like us rooting against Wylie because Whiskey Tough.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Just to make it interesting, texasfootballratings has Snyder over Monahans by 1 point and THAT is determined in part by SOS.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Just to make it interesting, texasfootballratings has Snyder over Monahans by 1 point and THAT is determined in part by SOS.

...and even more interesting...they have us beating Sweetwater by 1 (ironic?!) and playing Gilmer in the Semis.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok buy it or don't its true. Sure Greenwood had a tough scedual but did they win the tough ones? Nope. I am sure Monahans is a good team but don't get all flustered up with a 10-0 record until you play some real football which will happen Friday, they haven't seen what its like to play real football.

I still don't agree!!

Case in point: Greenwood 2002 UNDEFEATED til the State Championship game.

Bandera 2002 (not sure what their record was) 3rd in their district.

By all accounts, Greenwood should have won that game, they were heavily favored.....guess what?? The didn't!!

mulefan
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
there are alot of snyder folks on here.

WitchyWoman

Hey I like that! The point spread should be higher though.
GGGOOOOO TTTTTTTTIIIIIIIGGGEEEERRRRSSSS

LET'S GO MIGHTY TIGERS!!! SHOW 'EM WHATCHA GOT!!! :kiss: :kiss: :inlove: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove:

Black_Magic

If it wasnt for him id be all over the Tigers to win this one big. OH NO! that will be the deciding factor in the game!! I also dont believe I can continue today.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 11:59 AM
OH NO! that will be the deciding factor in the game!! I also dont believe I can continue today.

Hang in there Magic you can do it, deep breaths. Breath, Breath!
LOL;)

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 12:01 PM
there are alot of snyder folks on here.

We tend to stick together.

mulefan
11-09-2005, 12:04 PM
thats good i wish alot more folks from 1,2 and 3 would post!

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah it's really great how everyone here get's Football Fever. This town is very supportive of our School and the activities that go on. It's a good environment. We love our TIGERS!

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
If work would leave me alone, I join the party...but ARGH!@!!!

It's almost Friday....can't wait....

Go Tigers!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey I like that! The point spread should be higher though.
GGGOOOOO TTTTTTTTIIIIIIIGGGEEEERRRRSSSS

LET'S GO MIGHTY TIGERS!!! SHOW 'EM WHATCHA GOT!!! :kiss: :kiss: :inlove: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove:

Snyder's rating on this site is 160.17 and Monahans' is 158.77, hence the 1 point. Of course, neither of these ratings means beans when the boys get on the field and start knocking heads. My point was that this rating is in part based on strength of schedule, meaning that the two are very close. It should be a very good game to watch.

DukeNukem
11-09-2005, 12:15 PM
i can't believe ranger mom lets snyder folks talk about her rangers like they have been. tiger fans keep saying monahans has not played anybody which would include greenwood. in addition to comparing opponents, greenwood is one of the only common opponents. if memory serves correct, snyder sneaked out of the g-wood game with a win when the rangers snapped the ball over the punters head into their on endzone. monahans was running all over the rangers until greenwood got out the sandbox. as far as comparing scores. snyder beat clyde 20-13. the 2a ballinger bearcats beat them worse than that and they did not even make the playoffs. comparing scores and schedules is not worth anything. suiting up and getting after is all that will settle this argument. try providing some worthy info like one team runs the sweeps well and the other has a weak perimeter or one team throws the ball well and the others secondary can't cover. this will justify your picks alot more than scheduling crud.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
i can't believe ranger mom lets snyder folks talk about her rangers like they have been. tiger fans keep saying monahans has not played anybody which would include greenwood. in addition to comparing opponents, greenwood is one of the only common opponents. if memory serves correct, snyder sneaked out of the g-wood game with a win when the rangers snapped the ball over the punters head into their on endzone. monahans was running all over the rangers until greenwood got out the sandbox. as far as comparing scores. snyder beat clyde 20-13. the 2a ballinger bearcats beat them worse than that and they did not even make the playoffs. comparing scores and schedules is not worth anything. suiting up and getting after is all that will settle this argument. try providing some worthy info like one team runs the sweeps well and the other has a weak perimeter or one team throws the ball well and the others secondary can't cover. this will justify your picks alot more than scheduling crud.

Oh well, I just read it and laugh!! I SAW the Greenwood and Snyder game....I didn't think their offense OR defense was all that great.....that game anyway.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Snyder's rating on this site is 160.17 and Monahans' is 158.77, hence the 1 point. Of course, neither of these ratings means beans when the boys get on the field and start knocking heads. My point was that this rating is in part based on strength of schedule, meaning that the two are very close. It should be a very good game to watch.

That's right the ratings don't mean beans. Our boys will be ready to knock heads. This WILL be a GREAT GAME. I chose to respond in a positive manner. :)

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 12:21 PM
as far as comparing scores. snyder beat clyde 20-13. the 2a ballinger bearcats beat them worse than that and they did not even make the playoffs. comparing scores and schedules is not worth anything. Uhh Snyder Beat Clyde 48-6:rolleyes: Not trying to say you dont know what your talking about BUT....:rolleyes:

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 12:24 PM

As far as SNYDER folks talking about the Rangers in a negative way....... I've read one posters responses that reflect that idea. He then came back to say excluding GREENWOOD, Monahans has not played a tough schedule. So please don't crucify all SNYDER FOLKS because of ONE poster

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Uhh Snyder Beat Clyde 48-6:rolleyes: Not trying to say you dont know what your talking about BUT....:rolleyes:

DITTO :D

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh well, I just read it and laugh!! I SAW the Greenwood and Snyder game....I didn't think their offense OR defense was all that great.....that game anyway. your right. You saw Snyders O at the low point of the season. worst preformance all year. As for Snyders D, they held Gwood to 170 to 190 total O. Greenwood put up over like 350 yards and 33pts on Monahans didnt they?

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 12:26 PM
and another thing.....I am basically the ONLY Greenwood poster that posts on a consistent basis.....you think I am gonna take on all the Snyder people??????

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
and another thing.....I am basically the ONLY Greenwood poster that posts on a consistent basis.....you think I am gonna take on all the Snyder people??????

We love you...that's the difference. =)

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 12:29 PM
your right. You saw Snyders O at the low point of the season. worst preformance all year. As for Snyders D, they held Gwood to 170 to 190 total O. Greenwood put up over like 350 yards and 33pts on Monahans didnt they?

I have no clue....you just clarified the point I was making though!

I wasn't THAT impressed with Snyder that night...they have impressed me since.

I think all the teams have improved since those first weeks......it will be interesting to see WHO has made the most improvements!!

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 12:30 PM

LOL RM you don't have to, we're on your side... Just think someone is trying to stir the pot! We love you.

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 12:34 PM
That's right the ratings don't mean beans. Our boys will be ready to knock heads. This WILL be a GREAT GAME. I chose to respond in a positive manner. :)

Good....it wasn't meant as anything other than "interesting" talk. All the rankings, strength of schedule, etc are basically that....stuff for us fans to talk about. :)

DukeNukem
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Uhh Snyder Beat Clyde 48-6:rolleyes: Not trying to say you dont know what your talking about BUT....:rolleyes:

my mistake. i guess that was sweetwater.

sweetwater07
11-09-2005, 01:15 PM

no a lot about football huh....hahahahaha sweetwater beat clyde 20-13.......

DukeNukem
11-09-2005, 01:20 PM
i said it was my mistake. by the way, i would not want to mention it was us that beat clyde 20-13

sweetwater07
11-09-2005, 01:22 PM
i said it was my mistake. by the way, i would not want to mention it was us that beat clyde 20-13

LOL.....i'm definately not bragging...we played horrible that week!!!

DukeNukem
11-09-2005, 01:24 PM

sweetwater07
11-09-2005, 01:26 PM
not trying to stir anything up, but asking a legit question. heard from a fairly reliable source that *********is the kid that will be inelgible come friday at 3:?? pm. any truth to this

no one is ineligible from our team..........they all have to go to tutorials every morning at 7:15 and fill out papers with their teachers that prevent failing from happening.....so the answer is no. he is not failing and no one else is.......

zeus63
11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
your right. You saw Snyders O at the low point of the season. worst preformance all year. As for Snyders D, they held Gwood to 170 to 190 total O. Greenwood put up over like 350 yards and 33pts on Monahans didnt they?

Believe what you want but most of the yardage and points scored by Greenwood were on Monahans 2nd and 3rd string.

injuredinmelee
11-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You know that's not fair. That would be like us rooting against Wylie because Whiskey Tough.:D
Oh i know im just trying to get stuff started. I wouldnt root against a 4-3A team in the playoffs. I will be there cheering loudly!! (for the TIGERS!!!)

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Believe what you want but most of the yardage and points scored by Greenwood were on Monahans 2nd and 3rd string. Sorry but your wrong. 1st D was in untill last part of the 4th. Unless 88,44,33,34 ect are 2nd string. saw the game.:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
no one is ineligible from our team..........they all have to go to tutorials every morning at 7:15 and fill out papers with their teachers that prevent failing from happening.....so the answer is no. he is not failing and no one else is....... I believe the answer to this question will actually be proven next week vs who ever sweetwater plays ( provided they get by Gwood ) in round two. If the player in question does not play, you will have your answer.

sweetwater07
11-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I believe the answer to this question will actually be proven next week vs who ever sweetwater plays ( provided they get by Gwood ) in round two. If the player in question does not play, you will have your answer.

are you like hoping that ******** fails?? if so don't hold your breath because everypne will be helping to make sure that he doesn't......sounds like your scared of speed come time for us to meet yall in the playoffs.......assuming yall get past monahans........

SnyTigBaseB07
11-09-2005, 02:01 PM
are you like hoping that ***** fails?? if so don't hold your breath because everypne will be helping to make sure that he doesn't......sounds like your scared of his speed come time for us to meet yall in the playoffs.......assuming yall get past monahans........

We're not scared of anyone! Assuming.....its not assuming we get by, its next week when we've decimated Monahans.

lol :D :D

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
are you like hoping that *****fails?? if so don't hold your breath because everypne will be helping to make sure that he doesn't......sounds like your scared of his speed come time for us to meet yall in the playoffs.......assuming yall get past monahans........ I will spell it out for you. Because Sweetwater and Greenwood originaly agreed to play Friday at 8:30 in Midland and then changed mid week to THURSDAY in SA.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Hmmmmm :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Nicely written, could not have clarified it better myself...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 02:22 PM
All right, folks! Leave players names out of this! And any more talk about it or questioning a coach's ethics is not going to have good results.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I will spell it out for you. Because Sweetwater and Greenwood originaly agreed to play Friday at 8:30 in Midland and then changed mid week to THURSDAY in SA.

I will say this much...I was told a couple of weeks ago, by a reliable source, that Sweetwater did not mind playing Monahans in Midland, but would not play Greenwood there.

It was too much of a home game for Greenwood!

DukeNukem
11-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I will say this much...I was told a couple of weeks ago, by a reliable source, that Sweetwater did not mind playing Monahans in Midland, but would not play Greenwood there.

It was too much of a home game for Greenwood!

i can understand that as well.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
All right, folks! Leave players names out of this! And any more talk about it or questioning a coach's ethics is not going to have good results.

And the plot thickens.............

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 02:32 PM
i can understand that as well.

From what I understood, Grande was set up "tentatively" if it was Sweetwater vs. Monahans.....otherwise is was a "no go"!

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
And the plot thickens.............

What plot? Per the rules of the board:

2). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts. At 3A Downlow, we tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

DukeNukem
11-09-2005, 02:35 PM

Avoid name calling. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts. At 3A Downlow, we tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

sorry for the mistake moms. i noticed ya'll fixed it for me. appreciate it and it will not happen again.

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 02:36 PM
All right, folks! Leave players names out of this! And any more talk about it or questioning a coach's ethics is not going to have good results. First, nobody is " questioning " Anybodys ethics.. period... Period... Period.... We are talking about a situation. .... If a situation comes to pass to show poor ethics we cant discus it?? your kidding right? thats the highest form of censorship if thats the way it is.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 02:36 PM

Sheath your claws LH, I was making fun of the guys. So defensive I got your point the other day ok........;)

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
hehehe hehehe witchy I do see what you mean...

GWOOD
11-09-2005, 02:44 PM
First, nobody is " questioning " Anybodys ethics.. period... Period... Period.... We are talking about a situation. .... If a situation comes to pass to show poor ethics we cant discus it?? your kidding right? thats the highest form of censorship if thats the way it is.

Poor ethics is bringing up a situation...

I will spell it out for you. Because Sweetwater and Greenwood originaly agreed to play Friday at 8:30 in Midland and then changed mid week to THURSDAY in SA.

that you say is a fact but is only a rumor you heard or something you made up. The Greenwood coaches are saying just what Ranger Mom said. The "tentative" game was Monahans vs. Sweetwater not Greenwood vs. Sweetwater. According to Greenwood coaches, there never was an agreement between Sweetwater & Greenwood to play at Grande.

I'm sure nothing will convince you because it seems you want to believe so bad that there is a conspiracy out there that you cannot leave it alone.

injuredinmelee
11-09-2005, 02:45 PM
First, nobody is " questioning " Anybodys ethics.. period... Period... Period.... We are talking about a situation. .... If a situation comes to pass to show poor ethics we cant discus it?? your kidding right? thats the highest form of censorship if thats the way it is.

This is a private forum therefore censorship can occur in any form that the owners or those that the owners have put into place, deem neccesary.

Black_Magic
11-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Poor ethics is bringing up a situation...

it is?? Its poor ethics to say that IF someone breaks and agreement in order to gain an advantage, THAT it is unethical??:rolleyes: your joking right? Good one:thumbsup:

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 02:52 PM
it is?? Its poor ethics to say that IF someone breaks and agreement in order to gain an advantage, THAT it is unethical??:rolleyes: your joking right? Good one:thumbsup:

I'm sorry to say ya'll, but I'm with BM on this one...

GWOOD
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM

It is unethical to make someone look unethical when you have no proof to back up what you say. Bring the proof, bub!

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM

See I agree, although the names should probably be left out I feel IMOHO that we should be able to discuss everything on this board... I mean you have threads talking about two women in a bathroom. If that's not censored why should this be???? to the degree that it has been anyway. Not really getting where the boundaries are when you discuss things on the d-low:confused:

3afan
11-09-2005, 02:59 PM
.... censorship .....

it usually depends on the school - some, well one in particular, you can't say anything about and and if you do the hammer comes down ...

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
ooooooooooooooo.....I can just see this whole thing getting UGLY!!!!

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
it usually depends on the school - some, well one in particular, you can't say anything about and and if you do the hammer comes down ...

Sing it brother! you don't have to tell me. I've definately noticed that.......... wonder why???

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:03 PM
I guess I can't agree with BM........at all.....I thought this was a free country???

3afan
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
ooooooooooooooo.....I can just see this whole thing getting UGLY!!!!

wasn't me !!! :hand:

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
wasn't me either...I just agreed with BM...that's all...

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Well is darn sure wasn't ME!!!!!:p

3afan
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
must have been the elusive pseudo-Jason .. yeah, thats it! :thinking:

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Well is darn sure wasn't ME!!!!!:p

heheh...you're too cute.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM

OK OK OK U CAUGHT ME !!!! IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! LOL I'm sorry just had to do that! Bad Witchy, Bad Girl!
:inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss:

GO TIGERS.............. BEAT THE LOBO'S WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I just think someone got a little too ticked off by people expressing their opinions.....which is completely justifiable (expressing opinions)

zeus63
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah especially when your opinion is wrong. (Just kidding)

3afan
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
.....which is completely justifiable (expressing opinions)

as stated above, that all depends ... but enuf of that

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah especially when your opinion is wrong. (Just kidding)

Opinions can never be wrong....it is a thought, not a fact. =):D :cool:

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
YEPPERS ME THINKS SO TOOOOOO

All I have to say is: "THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE"

and man am I feeling FFFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEE !!!!

Now don't be scared everyone, feel free to chime in anytime you want. Go ahead ..........

DO WHAT U WANT :D

GO SNYDER! BEAT THE LOBOS! ALL THE WAY BOY'S !!!!

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:20 PM
YEPPERS ME THINKS SO TOOOOOO

All I have to say is: "THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE"

and man am I feeling FFFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEE !!!!

Now don't be scared everyone, feel free to chime in anytime you want. Go ahead ..........

DO WHAT U WANT :D

GO SNYDER! BEAT THE LOBOS! ALL THE WAY BOY'S !!!!

I dun gave my $.10!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I just think someone got a little too ticked off by people expressing their opinions.....which is completely justifiable (expressing opinions)

Opinions are wonderful things to have. We all have them. It's been asked that particular subjects be dropped. If there's a problem with dropping said subjects, please let me know. If in fact, there becomes "truth" to the rumors, that is a different story all together.

Surely, there is a Snyder/Monahans game that can be talked about on this thread.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:37 PM
The game between Snyder Tigers and Monahans Lobos will be an all out thriller I absolutely can not wait til Friday November 11th 5:30 pm Midland Grande Stadium....

This is gonna be a do or die game, with teeth nashing, head bashing and ball banging (football) game... Our boys are ready to go! See ya in the Playoffs kids :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Snyder Mom resend your last PM to me

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Had to many in my box so it didn't go thru sorry

zeus63
11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Opinions can never be wrong....it is a thought, not a fact. =)

I know, just a little sarcasim to lighten then mood. Some people are just getting really uptight about a football game. Do I want to see the Loboes win, of course I do. But in the end, it's about playing the game and having fun (whether you are a spectator watching or a player playing)

Ranger05
11-09-2005, 03:46 PM
, they haven't seen what its like to play real football. have a good feeling ur gonna eat those words, monahans knows how to play real football, and if they dont, can u please tell me what they have been playin all these years??

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I know, just a little sarcasim to lighten then mood. Some people are just getting really uptight about a football game. Do I want to see the Loboes win, of course I do. But in the end, it's about playing the game and having fun (whether you are a spectator watching or a player playing)

Yes agreed...

Ranger05
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: Ranger mom i got ur back im just not on much during the day (9 to 4) and on the weekends

Bullaholic
11-09-2005, 04:08 PM
IMO, the Snyder Loboes are just horrible---they lost to Sweetmerkel Wylie in Abiclyde. :D

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
IMO, the Snyder Loboes are just horrible---they lost to Sweetmerkel Wylie in Abiclyde. :D

SSSSSCCCCCCRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAMMMIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGG
with laughter !!! What's your address cause I'm coming to getcha'!!! Lol that was tooo cute Bullolic

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 04:14 PM

I'm rollin'...that was CLASSIC

Bullaholic
11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm rollin'...that was CLASSIC

Thank yuh, thank yuh very much.....Anybody want a fried banana and peanut butter sandwich?

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Thank yuh, thank yuh very much.....Anybody want a fried banana and peanut butter sandwich?

ELVIS has left the planet and the one thing I hate is PEANUT BUTTER YUK YUK YUK :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

but u wz funnnnyyyy !!!! too bad you couldn't fit Greenwood in there.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Just some FYI for everybody that's going to "THE GAME"

Snyder will be Visitors @ Grande Friday Nite

GGGGGOOOOOOO TTTTTTTTIIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Just some FYI for everybody that's going to "THE GAME"

Snyder will be Visitors @ Grande Friday Nite

GGGGGOOOOOOO TTTTTTTTIIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS

boooo

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I know, I know but we shall prevail !!!

Go Get Em Tigers!!! We are the Mighty Mighty Tigers!!!

Go, Fight, Win!!!

:p :tongue: :p :tongue: :flamingma

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
I still don't agree!!

Case in point: Greenwood 2002 UNDEFEATED til the State Championship game.

Bandera 2002 (not sure what their record was) 3rd in their district.

By all accounts, Greenwood should have won that game, they were heavily favored.....guess what?? The didn't!!

Have you seen the poll??? Monahans is favored in this one!!! So your case in point fails ;)

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 06:46 PM
have a good feeling ur gonna eat those words, monahans knows how to play real football, and if they dont, can u please tell me what they have been playin all these years??

Must we take everything literally, no doubt they are a good team but part of being a die hard fan is die hard trash talkin, well thats my opinion.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Have you seen the poll??? Monahans is favored in this one!!! So your case in point fails ;)

POLLS SCHMOLLS!!

My point didn't fail, I wasn't talking about the poll! I was talking about strength of schedule, who looks better on paper, yada yada yada in relation to who SHOULD have won....I never mentioned a word about the poll except to say I didn't vote in it!

As a matter of fact, I was talking about a game played almost 3 years ago!!:p

GWOOD
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Must we take everything literally, no doubt they are a good team but part of being a die hard fan is die hard trash talkin, well thats my opinion.

Ok! That's fair. But will you still be around next week if you find out this Friday that you have greatly underestimated the Loboes? Most trash talkers on the downlow disappear for a while when their talkin' proves to be just talkin'. Or they come back saying the refs beat them or have some kind of lame excuse.

Ranger 05 has a good point!

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
POLLS SCHMOLLS!!

My point didn't fail, I wasn't talking about the poll! I was talking about strength of schedule, who looks better on paper, yada yada yada in relation to who SHOULD have won....I never mentioned a word about the poll except to say I didn't vote in it!

As a matter of fact, I was talking about a game played almost 3 years ago!!:p

It didn't, you didn't mention schedual in that post, if you ment that then it wasn't clear enough, all you siad is that GW was heavly faveored to win the game (a poll show's favoring*in my opinion*)So if you meant schedual then I didn't catch it, and I knew what game you were talking about. :p

Originally posted by GWOOD
Ok! That's fair. But will you still be around next week if you find out this Friday that you have greatly underestimated the Loboes? Most trash talkers on the downlow disappear for a while when their talkin' proves to be just talkin'. Or they come back saying the refs beat them or have some kind of lame excuse.

Ranger 05 has a good point!

Well if it happens I will eat crow... I don't come up with excuses I give reasons ex. Even though we won the wylie game there was bad reffing. You can turn it around and say that everything someone says is and excuse, but if they go out there Friday and play their hardest then there can't be an excuse. The lobos are a good team but they are overrated and if they had played a tougher schedual then it mostlikely wouldn't been 10-0. THANKS!!!

Wtx_coach
11-09-2005, 09:52 PM
hey guys, all that schedule and crap is out the window, the best team will win friday bottom line, who knew andrews was gonna be weak and who knew midland christian was not as good as last yr, u think the loboes knew this, it is a tough schedule , c-city went deep in the playoffs last yr, the loboes caught em a little cripple but regardless the loboes r tuff, the will show up friday and give the tigers all they want

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I THINK YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. OR MONAHANS OFFENSE I THINK MONAHANS SCORE 30 PLUS

NO WAY.... Keep dreaming, Even if Monahans pulled some huge miracle and beat Snyder it sure wouldn't be 30+, Our defense is way way to strong for that.

C-City is 2-a * 3-a is a different level*

And your right, hands down, the best team will win.

BrahmaDAD70
11-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Snyder fans/Monahans fans
Get a grip.
The best team does'nt always win.

The one who scores the most points does.

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
Snyder fans/Monahans fans
Get a grip.
The best team does'nt always win.

The one who scores the most points does.

You must be sore from a loss. The best team should score the most. Sure one might have a better defense but the best overall wins...

BrahmaDAD70
11-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Not sore here just keepin it real.
How many posters out there can say
That was our year and we had the tallent to do it.
Only problem was they didnt score enough to win.
Tallent doesnt win games team excution does.

Example: SEE NY YANKEES

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Talent + execution overall good team. IF YOU ARE TRULY TALENTED THEN YOU CAN EXCUTE SUPIRIOR.

I will admit however, if you talk alot crap and you lose it sucks... bad but isn't it fun for everyone to get worked up, keeps it interesting.

Ranger05
11-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
Not sore here just keepin it real.
How many posters out there can say
That was our year and we had the tallent to do it.
Only problem was they didnt score enough to win.
Tallent doesnt win games team excution does.

Example: SEE NY YANKEES I can actually say that from 2002 we came up just short to the bandera bulldogs not takin anything anyway from them they were a great football team but we had the talent and the team that year but just didnt excute. The same with the 2003 team we had the team to go far that year also but got beat out of the playoffs by merkel that year wasnt good for us we had numerous injuries and the game against merkel the flu bug hit us pretty hard. So the best team clearly doesnt always win.

Ranger05
11-09-2005, 10:41 PM
one thing i have noticed over the years is the most talented teams dont always win its just plain and simple the team that executes. The best example that i can think of is crawford from last year they had good football players they werent the fastest team in the world they just executed and everybody did there job every play.

BMOC
11-09-2005, 11:00 PM
So true. How many times in West Texas have we been to games where you think there is no way a certain team can win. I had the oppurtunity to attend the Wylie/Snyder game a couple of weeks ago with some buddies. I just compared the size difference of the players, plus the number of players out. Also, Wylie is the defending state champ and so on....I thought there was no way on Earth that Snyder was going to win this game, final score: Snyder 16 - Wylie 13.

The most talented teams don't always win, that is why we play the games.

S-Town Tiger
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
So true. How many times in West Texas have we been to games where you think there is no way a certain team can win. I had the oppurtunity to attend the Wylie/Snyder game a couple of weeks ago with some buddies. I just compared the size difference of the players, plus the number of players out. Also, Wylie is the defending state champ and so on....I thought there was no way on Earth that Snyder was going to win this game, final score: Snyder 16 - Wylie 13.

The most talented teams don't always win, that is why we play the games.

Snyder and Wylie are at the same talent level. Gilmer who won state in division 2 would have beat Wylie division 1 state champs. You take away from a team to say the winner isn't always the best, that is just like the ultimate excuse. A good team can excute and have talent, you need both.

WTF-82
11-10-2005, 09:22 AM
no way snyder and wylie are the same talent level.

sweetwater, wylie are great snyder is good you are very fortunate wylie did not blow yall 20-3 or maybe worse ball went snyder way and wylie fell asleep

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 09:32 AM

Your right but not the way you think. TWO years in a row Snyder has beaten Wylie. I remember when a Wylie Poster said " The Sun shines even on a dogs A$$$$ every once in a while. " I guess that Dogs A$$$ is getting a Sun tan these days.:clap:

jmcgee
11-10-2005, 10:09 AM

sweetwater, wylie are great snyder is good you are very fortunate wylie did not blow yall 20-3 or maybe worse ball went snyder way and wylie fell asleep I will have to agree Wylie made some dumb mistakes in that game.

SnyderMom
11-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Your right but not the way you think. TWO years in a row Snyder has beaten Wylie. I remember when a Wylie Poster said " The Sun shines even on a dogs A$$$$ every once in a while. " I guess that Dogs A$$$ is getting a Sun tan these days.:clap:

Great way to kick off my morning!! LOL :D :D :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Great way to kick off my morning!! LOL :D :D :clap: :clap:
Good Morning, Mom.

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM

sweetwater, wylie are great snyder is good you are very fortunate wylie did not blow yall 20-3 or maybe worse ball went snyder way and wylie fell asleep

Well my Gosh thank the Lord that all those teams we play make so many mistakes and fall asleep on the field or else how would the little bitty ole Tigers ever have gotten to the Semis last year and the Playoffs this year???????????? Geeezzzz give it up already!!! The TIGERS come to play ball, they get the job done and that's that!!!

SnyderMom
11-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Good Morning, Mom.

Guten Tag!

injuredinmelee
11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Snyder and Wylie are at the same talent level. Gilmer who won state in division 2 would have beat Wylie division 1 state champs. You take away from a team to say the winner isn't always the best, that is just like the ultimate excuse. A good team can excute and have talent, you need both.

Speculation. Pure and simple. No one will ever know if Gilmer would have beaten Wylie. All people can do is guess and wonder. You cant make any statements that have any fact or base to them making that kind of assumption.

injuredinmelee
11-10-2005, 11:16 AM
I said that.

You won two years in a row. You won the game last year you had a great playoff run. I think that makes the series about 9-3 overall.

injuredinmelee
11-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Well my Gosh thank the Lord that all those teams we play make so many mistakes and fall asleep on the field or else how would the little bitty ole Tigers ever have gotten to the Semis last year and the Playoffs this year???????????? Geeezzzz give it up already!!! The TIGERS come to play ball, they get the job done and that's that!!!

I dont think he was saying that it is the only reason you win. Good football teams take advantage of the mistakes and make the opposition pay. Snyder did that against Wylie. Last year yall just whipped us pure and simple this year you got fortunate but as my sig says "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. " You8 get lucky at the right times and you get wins! We did last year in our title run. I certainly would never argue against that.

WitchyWoman
11-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Hmmmmmmm Good point. We'll take preparation with opportunity
every time.......

GO FIGHT WIN MIGHTY TIGERS !!!!!!!

injuredinmelee
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
thats right. Its all about the slash in the win column.