PDA

View Full Version : Who Won the Huffman Game?

AggieJohn
11-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Who won? huffman or cleveland?

bccards
11-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Huffman 38-31, by reading the board, looks like Liberty is out and Cleveland is in, due to point differentials

etbu
11-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Who won? huffman or cleveland?

Huffman won 38-34. Good job Huffman Falcons and we are very proud of you. :D

Cat22
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Congrats ETBU and Huffman!!

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by etbu
Huffman won 38-34. Good job Huffman Falcons and we are very proud of you. :D

Proved me wrong. I didn't think Huffman could beat Cleveland this year. The fought for and earned a playoff spot. Cleveland deserves some credit for returning to the playoffs for the first time in a few years.

GS#17
11-05-2005, 09:49 AM
After watching the game, I didn't understand the hype about Cleveland -- they had a decent running game with no passing threat, and Huffman took advantage of their defense all night long. The Falcons were easily the better of the two teams, but got burned with some turnovers deep in Cleveland's territory and gave up some big plays. Cleveland's coaching staff had a tough time at the end of the second and fourth quarters, and it cost their team opportunities to score.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
After watching the game, I didn't understand the hype about Cleveland -- they had a decent running game with no passing threat, and Huffman took advantage of their defense all night long. The Falcons were easily the better of the two teams, but got burned with some turnovers deep in Cleveland's territory and gave up some big plays. Cleveland's coaching staff had a tough time at the end of the second and fourth quarters, and it cost their team opportunities to score.

Hype probably a bit premature, but from they have been lately this is noteworthy. What they might become could be scary. Not long ago they were starting the year off preseason #1.

etbu
11-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Proved me wrong. I didn't think Huffman could beat Cleveland this year. The fought for and earned a playoff spot. Cleveland deserves some credit for returning to the playoffs for the first time in a few years.

Huffman for whatever reason has had a hard time getting respect for years. Thats ok that will change year after year of going to the playoff's. We do not have much traditon but one of them is that we are 4-0 against Cleveland. We have had some big time breaks go against us this year but had some go our for us last night. Game could have gone either way we are thankful that we did pull out the win. I like their Coach and many of their fans are class. Good luck to the Indians and hope you take out BC.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Huffman is the stepchild of our district and have been for years. Thats ok that will change year after year of going to the playoff's. We do not have much traditon but one of them is that we are 4-0 against Cleveland. One of the reasons that Cleveland struggled last night if you want to call it that is that their starting qb did not play. Anyway i really like their Coach and many of their fans are class. Good luck to the Indians and hope you take out BC.

Being from Tarkington I don't think you can claim that title ;)

Huffman has my respect. I have seen them many times. I just didn't think they were as good this year as they had been last 2 years. I was solely basing my opinion off of scores though. Congrats.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Thats ok that will change year after year of going to the playoff's.

I am afraid that Huffman is going to find it rough going if they bump back up to 4A though.

etbu
11-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Being from Tarkington I don't think you can claim that title ;)

Huffman has my respect. I have seen them many times. I just didn't think they were as good this year as they had been last 2 years. I was solely basing my opinion off of scores though. Congrats.

Thanks: Maybe with BH and Huffman moving up with the shuffle you guys can have more of a level playing field.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah the Horns are working hard. I am certain BH and Huffman leaving can't do anything but increase our chances of breaking the playoff draught.

Paratrooper
11-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I know WOS is very happy with these results. Not just because they don't have to open up with a tough BH team, but because they will hopefully beat Huffman down. The stangs want sweet revenge on Huffman. I think the stangs run away with this one.

WOSgrad
11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
MMM, I disagree on both counts. When you get into the playoffs, everybody is tough. If WO-S had to take on BH, so much the better, get a good game going right out of the shoot. Looking at Region III, it is not as if there are a bunch of weak sisters because BH is not there. The team that gets out of this region will have earned it.

Happy to have Huffman, no. They are just as capable of doing the same thing this year as they did last year. In fact, more so, they have added a passing attack to go with their power game.
Runaway, it will not be.

Anyway, our regular season isn't over yet, we have a district championship to win.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
MMM, I disagree on both counts. When you get into the playoffs, everybody is tough. If WO-S had to take on BH, so much the better, get a good game going right out of the shoot. Looking at Region III, it is not as if there are a bunch of weak sisters because BH is not there. The team that gets out of this region will have earned it.

Happy to have Huffman, no. They are just as capable of doing the same thing this year as they did last year. In fact, more so, they have added a passing attack to go with their power game.
Runaway, it will not be.

Anyway, our regular season isn't over yet, we have a district championship to win.

Hope that district championship game is worth the drive...

WOSgrad
11-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, WO-S has to play it....might as well win it.

But your expressed concern is one that I share.