11-05-2005, 12:15 AM
LH playing shootout games again whos there first oppenent

SintonFan
11-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Congratulations LH!
I wish you the best in the playoffs!:cool: :) :cool:

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Well, that was a strange game. First half took 1 1/2 hrs, score was 56-28. Second half took 45 minutes. It seemed there were more penalties the first half and the refs took forever to get it all talked out. The clock didn't work either. Congrats to all the Panthers getting interceptions and to the backups. :clap: Now, stop passin this flu bug around and get healthy for next week.

Looks like the first round playoff game will be Lytle. Somerset lost big to them tonight, so La Vernia will be D1 rep and Llano will face Poteet.....at least, that's the way I see it.

AP Panther Fan
11-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Congratulations! Wow...what a score!:eek:

I was trying to stay awake during High School Scoreboard last night, but didn't quite make it!:rolleyes:

Good luck in the playoffs!:D

gobbler grad
11-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Congrats to Liberty Hill...:clap: good luck in the playoffs:D

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 11:29 AM
good luck finding a defense

District303aPastPlayer
11-05-2005, 11:42 AM
10 TDs.. geez....

MARLINDOGS
11-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, that was a strange game. First half took 1 1/2 hrs, score was 56-28. Second half took 45 minutes. It seemed there were more penalties the first half and the refs took forever to get it all talked out. The clock didn't work either. Congrats to all the Panthers getting interceptions and to the backups. :clap: Now, stop passin this flu bug around and get healthy for next week.

Looks like the first round playoff game will be Lytle. Somerset lost big to them tonight, so La Vernia will be D1 rep and Llano will face Poteet.....at least, that's the way I see it. Sounds like you had the same refs that we had last week.But it seems they are getting better because our game lasted almost 4 hrs.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
good luck finding a defense

You know, I wasn't going to go there with you, but I changed my mind.

Can you imagine that without seeing a game or knowing what exactly took place all four quarters, that you might just not know all the story? Why I'm bothering with you, I don't know.

First, several of our players have had over the past week or so with flu-like symptoms - high fever, vomiting, etc. My son's best friend had it & got severely dehydrated to the point that on Monday, the doctor told him he couldn't play Thursday's game.

Second, our defense might have been just a little tired, considering that they were on the field close to 75% of the game. When your offense takes a kickoff or punt and scores on the first or second play after possession, 4 times during the game, then the opposing team takes numerous plays to score, the defense will be tired.

When you've actually seen us play this year, please let me know what you think of our team. Since your "opinion" so far is based on what you have "read" or bottom-line scores, I'll just ignore it until then.

44INAROW
11-05-2005, 01:47 PM
You know, I wasn't going to go there with you, but I changed my mind.

:D :D Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do... :D :D

Good Luck next week, any details on when and where? I am sure we'll be at the games Thurs, Friday and Saturday, I'll call with updates

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:D :D Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do... :D :D

Good Luck next week, any details on when and where? I am sure we'll be at the games Thurs, Friday and Saturday, I'll call with updates

Friday night in Fredericksburg. I'll holler too. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Good luck LH

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Good luck LH

Thanks! And best of luck to Sinton.

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2005, 02:13 PM
wow sounds like a strictly offensive game good luck in the playoffs LH one of my friends that use to play for hondo last year now lives in Lytle and if anyone remembers Coach Chandler he is now the defensive coordinator over there now

44INAROW
11-05-2005, 02:15 PM
************THREAD PIRATE WARNING *****************

by the way, it's not piracy if I put a warning up :D :D :D

LHPM - do you know Charley Braun? He used to coach in Cuero and I heard he retired in LH - not sure if he coached or taught there.. anyway.. Just thought I'd ask..

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
************THREAD PIRATE WARNING *****************

by the way, it's not piracy if I put a warning up :D :D :D

LHPM - do you know Charley Braun? He used to coach in Cuero and I heard he retired in LH - not sure if he coached or taught there.. anyway.. Just thought I'd ask..

Actually, yes I do. He coached the varsity "back in the day" when we went to the playoffs in the 80's....before the 15+ year dry spell. He did help coach the Junior High teams back when my oldest was in 7th & 8th. His grandson is in the youngest one's grade. :)

44INAROW
11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Actually, yes I do. He coached the varsity "back in the day" when we went to the playoffs in the 80's....before the 15+ year dry spell. He did help coach the Junior High teams back when my oldest was in 7th & 8th. His grandson is in the youngest one's grade. :)

I used to babysit his daughter.... guess I am showing my age :)