PDA

View Full Version : Graham Misses Playoffs by this much " "

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 12:14 AM
With about 1 minute remaining in the Vernoin Breck game Vernon throws a 4th down pass some 50 yards and score a TD to go up on Breck. Flag on the play. Qb advances past line of scrimmage. Turnover on downs. Not to even mention the Vernon fumble at the 2 yard line of Breck.

IMO -- Graham is probably more deserving of a playoff spot then Breck. Vernon just had a lot of bad breaks tonight. Lions should have won this one by 14 or more.

Had Vernon won Graham makes the playoffs.

GreenMonster
11-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
With about 1 minute remaining in the Vernoin Breck game Vernon throws a 4th down pass some 50 yards and score a TD to go up on Breck. Flag on the play. Qb advances past line of scrimmage. Turnover on downs. Not to even mention the Vernon fumble at the 2 yard line of Breck.

IMO -- Graham is probably more deserving of a playoff spot then Breck. Vernon just had a lot of bad breaks tonight. Lions should have won this one by 14 or more.

This does more to strengthen my "Conspiracy Theory" about IP's loss to the Buckaroos sown in Breck. Heard that there were some shady calls early in the game out of the home side line judge that stiffled the Hawk offense as well as some non-calls in favor of the Buckaroo offense that allowed the Bucks to jump out to a quick lead. I just know that if IP and Breck were to play 10 times IP wins 9 of them.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Same with Vernon. Missed several interference calls late as the Lions were trying to go up on the Bucks. They didn't miss the Vernon QB's pass across the line though. Vernon just blew this game. It shouldn't have even been close.

Keith7
11-05-2005, 01:32 AM
When are people gonna finally start believing in Graham?!?!

RMAC
11-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
When are people gonna finally start believing in Graham?!?!

Keith, lay off, it was one kid that was doing all that crap. I'm sure you know what it's like to lose a game like that your sr. year and my boys are hurting. So just save all that crap for another day. IP played to win tonight and so did Graham. You can't expect another team to get you into the playoffs. Good luck to all the 5-3A teams in the playoffs.

BTW, it was nice to meat GM, and Injured. Both real nice guys. I think the pick we took is pretty good.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by RMAC

BTW, it was nice to meat GM, and Injured. Both real nice guys. I think the pick we took is pretty good.

????
So where is it?:confused:

RMAC
11-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Adidas has it on his camera but he's already gone to bed. He and my little bro are going to Abilene tom. for a college day at HSU. I'm sure he'll send it to you tomorrow.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Adidas has it on his camera but he's already gone to bed. He and my little bro are going to Abilene tom. for a college day at HSU. I'm sure he'll send it to you tomorrow.

That'll work!

Thanks!!;)

RMAC
11-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Yes ma'am. Nite Nite.

Bullaholic
11-05-2005, 07:49 AM
RMAC.....Tough loss for the Steers, but I know they will be back because I know the numbers and the talent that the Graham system produces. I have always felt that these factors combined with a little more "wide open" offense would make Graham a strong playoff contender. I still believe that. Best of Luck next season.

VWG
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
IMO....
Graham should have made the playoffs. McCoy and staff need to take a look at some things in the offseason, because with the talent they had this year they didn't play to their potential.
That being said... they should be a lot stronger next year.
Four sophomores starting and if I am not mistaken, they've got 6 starters back on defense and 5 on offense.
X-factor for next year. McCoy has a son in 8th grade this year that is a quarterback. Some people in the Graham area think that he could contend for the starting QB job next year. Say that he is farther along at his age than his oldest brother (Colt who is QB at UT) was.
Both Breckenridge and Iowa Park shouldn't have any problems with Sanger or Pilot Point. Iowa Park needs to step up their passing game. Anybody that shuts down their Wing T will have success against them. Riley is a good QB, but he doesn't find receivers as good as Swenson did. Anybody who thought Riley was even being close to as good as Swenson was smoking dope.
Breckenridge will rely heavily on J. Heatley their QB. He makes them tick, and they need to get him in the open field where he can run and make plays. They rely too much on the long pass plays and if they want to succeed they've got to be more selective on their passing game, instead of just sending two guys on post patterns and heaving it up 50 yards.
Vernon will have their hands full with Gainesville. Man... was Vernon wanting Graham to go the playoffs or what. They would much rather be playing D II than D I. Vernon's offensive line is the key to their success. If they can move the line of scrimmage then they can get Whiteside and Zamora room to run. Both are excellent backs and have size and speed. Miller will have to be able to hit those short crossing/drag routes to keep the Leopards from stacking the box and shutting down the Lions running game.

Good luck to 5-3A in the playoffs.