PDA

View Full Version : West Oso playing in Kingsville Friday

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2005, 12:00 AM
is it against Port Isabel?

footballgal
11-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Yes, Tarpons will play West Oso, but how do you know it's in Kingsville?? I don't mind I like it there, good memories there, except against Sealy in Semis in '94 :(

District303aPastPlayer
11-05-2005, 03:48 AM
well darn... cant ya'll play saturday?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2005, 01:19 PM
that would be great but they playing Friday at Javelina Stadium in Kingsville.

footballgal
11-05-2005, 02:37 PM
It's official
Port Isabel vs West Oso
7:30 PM Friday
Javelina Stadium
Kingsville, TX

Can anyone fill me in on this year's West Oso team?

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Can anyone fill me in on this year's West Oso team?

Beware the Howling Bear. ;)

footballgal
11-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Beware the Howling Bear. ;)

Heheee , I was wondering if this was the team that Phil would say that about. So, I guess we must "Beware of the Howling Bear"

by the way if they are bears, don't they growl and not howl??:D

sinton66
11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't argue logic with Phil. :D

West Oso has good size and speed. Lots of talent, somewhat not so well conditioned, but better this year than last. Defense is very susceptible to the passing game. Well, at least they were in the first few weeks of the season. Good run defense. May be tougher this year than most if they have everybody elgible and healthy. They occasionally lose players to grades.

Phil C
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

KingRob
11-05-2005, 07:03 PM
This is going to be a good one...but I feel as though West Oso is having a better year....

West Oso 23
PI - 17

footballgal
11-05-2005, 11:45 PM
This will be a tough game for this year's edition of the Tarpons, as they are very young. It will be interesting to see how they do against West Oso. If Tarpons eliminate, or at least minimize the turnovers, that have plagued them the last couple of games, they should be OK. One thing for sure is that they have progressively been improving with every week they've played. This year the Tarpons have a nice balanced attack, by addition of the passing game, which has really opened up the running game and allowed the speedster Mark Villarreal, to have a great season thus far. Of course the other factor is, the Tarpons are known to turn it up a notch once in the playoffs.

OK Tarpons, Lets go out there and get some Bears! :clap: