PDA

View Full Version : Mules stink it up-Littlefield 30, Mules 15

Da Mules
11-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Littlefield had to beat Muleshoe by at least 12 to make the playoffs, so they took it up another gear and beat em like a red-headed stepchild by 15. Muleshoe won the coin toss and dared the Wildcats by kicking off to them... so the Wildcats promptly stuffed it down our throats on the opening drive 7-0. Kinda set the pace for the night. Muleshoe took an 8-7 lead on the Swinging Gate PAT. Littlefield answered in kind and went in at halftime up 15-8. Muleshoe threw away 2 scoring opportunites, but finally tied it up 15-15 at the start of the 4th quarter. Then our wuss pre-district schedule showed it's true value, as da Mules folded and let the Wildcats hang 15 on them in the 4th quarter. So....Wildcats charge into the playoffs as 1st seed in DII; Mules slip into the playoffs backa$$wards as 2nd seed, and won't last long if they repeat tonight's performance. Levelland is out. Lubbock Cooper is D1 rep.
If you think I'm disgusted, you're reading me right. I didn't see team unity, team support, and team effort tonight. I think I saw a team unravel when the going got tough. WAKEUP CALL FOR THE COACHES AND SENIORS. Nobody's gonna give you the W just because you "were" 8-1!!
Well, I did actually see a hell of a team effort, but that team was wearing maroon. Congrats Littlefield Wildcats, you wanted to make the playoffs; you wanted the win, and you earned them both. (How the heck did you ever lose to Levelland)

Rabbit'93
11-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Maybe a little wakeup call is all you guys needed. Better this week than next. good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

Da Mules
11-05-2005, 12:31 AM
thanks Rabbit. hate to see em back into the playoffs like that. Wouldn't mind it so much if they hadn't folded in the 4th quarter. If you do your best, then that's all you can do. What I saw tonight wasn't their best at all :mad:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Yes this one was a shock to me but as Rabbit'93 stated, better now than next week.

Da Mules
11-05-2005, 12:35 AM
that's for darn sure!

How bout them Vernon Lions.. made it in backwards, but at least ya made it, right?

wildstangs
11-05-2005, 12:37 AM
So who will littlefield play?

Da Mules
11-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I think Littlefield is 1st seed in DII and will take on Borger, 2nd DII from 1-3a. Pretty sure Canyon is larger than Borger, and will get the D1 spot.
Muleshoe as DII 2nd seed would face Perryton. RangerRed said Ptown secured the Friday night slot at Dick Bivins in Amarillo.
Foot4life said Canyon will go to Lubbock Cooper for their D1 matchup.

wildstangs
11-05-2005, 12:41 AM
So I am guessing the winner of Sweetwater/Greenwood will meet up with Littlefield/Borger.

Da Mules
11-05-2005, 12:46 AM
not positive about the brackets... let me look at the UIL website and see where W1 and R2 line up. Are you officially W3 or R3?

wildstangs
11-05-2005, 12:46 AM
We are W3, just like last year. I am assuming Cooper was the winner last year, cause thats who we got in round two.

Da Mules
11-05-2005, 12:52 AM
the durn link to the UIL brackets is down right now.Last year we were R2 and beat Perryton, then got plastered by Snyder in the 2nd round. So if you are W3 this year, looks like you're right about the potential matchup.
I'm gonna call it quits for tonight; gotta work tomorrow. I suspect we'll have it all in black and white tomorrow morning.
Good luck in the playoffs to everybody involved.
Uh.. go 2-3A!

football4life
11-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
I think Littlefield is 1st seed in DII and will take on Borger, 2nd DII from 1-3a. Pretty sure Canyon is larger than Borger, and will get the D1 spot.
Muleshoe as DII 2nd seed would face Perryton. RangerRed said Ptown secured the Friday night slot at Dick Bivins in Amarillo.
Foot4life said Canyon will go to Lubbock Cooper for their D1 matchup.

I think you are good there. We are for sure playing AT cooper next week. I was definitely hoping for another levelland matchup, but we'll take this challenge again. And yea, Da Mules, that qb is one beasty machine. tough loss tonight for you guys.

trenchdweller
11-06-2005, 01:03 AM
wow ! no longer quiet out there in west texas. what a thread.