PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Vs Gainesville Fir. 7:30 in Wichita Falls Memorial Stadium

fury900
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Vernon Vs Gainesville Fir. 7:30 in Wichita Falls Memorial Stadium

Leopards,class of 75
11-05-2005, 12:20 AM
What is Vernon's record this season? This should be a good game!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75

5-5

The Lions are a decent team and on any given night could beat a good team but probably not a great team. I can say that this Vernon team did beat Graham which none of our other teams have done over the recent past. That win got us in the playoffs.

mwynn05
11-05-2005, 12:28 AM
well crap i was hopin gaineville could talk em into playin at collins

Mustangpride09
11-05-2005, 12:49 AM
vernon is terrible, no offense, gainesville by at LEAST 50

KTJ
11-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Was going to post "wish I could go" but after the last post, I won't say that.

:D

KTA
11-05-2005, 01:47 AM
Vernon dont have a O, but there D is pretty solid.

HighSchool Fan
11-05-2005, 08:19 AM
gainesville and vernon use to have some great games. this should be a good one.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09

Mustang come on now you have never even seen Vernon play in a game.

BTW: Swater just edged Clyde so what is up with that? I think Vernon's terrible offense put up more points on Clyde than the Mustangs high power offense. You can check the scores and then just post them to a quote.

If you keep on ripping on my Lions I'll have to starting bringing the past out on you.

TheDOCTORdre
11-05-2005, 04:55 PM
mustangpride09 is an idiot, so please dont bring up the past z

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
gainesville and vernon use to have some great games. this should be a good one.

Last time they met was 4 years ago in the first game of non-district. Vernon edged Gainesville 14-7. Was a great game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
mustangpride09 is an idiot, so please dont bring up the past z

I really like the Mustangs. They play hard, have great coaching and have the best 3A stadium I have ever been to. But this guy is hating on my team. Calling them terrible and all without even seeing them play.

Only a Lion fan can do that! (which I did say after we got smoked by IP). But we are decent. Not a great team but respectable.

RMAC
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Vernon can score and will score against Gainseville. It's all a matter of how well thier offense comes to play on Friday. From what I hear they D is pretty scrappy. Good luck to the Lions and I hope ya'll go far this year. That would surprise all of us. Good luck to all of 5-3A.

GreenMonster
11-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Vernon can score and will score against Gainseville. It's all a matter of how well thier offense comes to play on Friday. From what I hear they D is pretty scrappy. Good luck to the Lions and I hope ya'll go far this year. That would surprise all of us. Good luck to all of 5-3A.

Classy post RMAC.

Leopards,class of 75
11-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Last time they met was 4 years ago in the first game of non-district. Vernon edged Gainesville 14-7. Was a great game. That was a great game! This should be a good game again. Believe me, the Leopards will NOT over look Vernon.

Roll'em up
11-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Where's the poster that had us all "believing" Graham would be whipping Gainesville this coming weekend?

VERNONLION#1
11-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
Where's the poster that had us all "believing" Graham would be whipping Gainesville this coming weekend?

I would like to know myself. I think it would be safe to say they are like snakes right now. IN A DEN HIDING!!!!!!!!!

VERNONLION#1
11-05-2005, 09:54 PM

MustangPride09 you are gonna get a double BARREL on you if you keep hating on our LIONS. Hey Z I will come at from my side as well.

VERNONLION#1
11-05-2005, 10:04 PM

how's gainsville? what kind of studs do they have? good O? good D?

GreenMonster
11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
over powering D. Offense ain't too shabby either.

Mustangpride09
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
ive said it before, and ill say it again, vernon has no weapons on either side of the ball and cant wrap up. Gainesville by at least 40

Leopards,class of 75
11-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
how's gainsville? what kind of studs do they have? good O? good D? I.M.O, there defense is better than their offence. They are loaded with seniors that are very talented. They are very hard to run against. Gainesville has a good running Q.B(#15) along with a very good running back named Michael Miller(#3) who also is an All-state Linebacker.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
ive said it before, and ill say it again, vernon has no weapons on either side of the ball and cant wrap up. Gainesville by at least 40

Waiting on you to post those Clyde comparisons. Come on, Come on now -- post em. I'm waiting.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Go, Z! :)

DHS_EagleFan
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
I.M.O, there defense is better than their offence. They are loaded with seniors that are very talented. They are very hard to run against. Gainesville has a good running Q.B(#15) along with a very good running back named Michael Miller(#3) who also is an All-state Linebacker.

Hey Leopard, Wasn't there a great big running back for Gainesville? I think he was #34. What was his name & is he still around?

Leopards,class of 75
11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DHS_EagleFan
Hey Leopard, Wasn't there a great big running back for Gainesville? I think he was #34. What was his name & is he still around? Yes he is still around. #34 is Jeremy Franklin, and this week he did play at running back too along with linebacker. He made at least 2 great runs Friday night. He carried about 3 or 4 players on his back for over 10 yards. Really best at linebacker, but not too bad at running back! #3 M.Miller is our best running back with lots of speed.

RMAC
11-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Roll'em up

Hey, lay off alright. As I stated in a previous post last night, that was one kid on here running his mouth. Our town, just like any other town in Texas has it's people like that. And yes, that's INCLUDING wherever it is you're from. We lost. Good job IP. We did not play well last night, but I don't think either team played that great. We can't play a game and hope that another team (Vernon) controls our play-off chances by beating somebody and letting us get in under the gun. I hope that Vernon can play like they never have before against Gainseville because now that the season's over I wish the best of luck too all the teams representing 5-3A. Let's go 5-3A.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Hey, lay off alright. As I stated in a previous post last night, that was one kid on here running his mouth. Our town, just like any other town in Texas has it's people like that. And yes, that's INCLUDING wherever it is you're from. We lost. Good job IP. We did not play well last night, but I don't think either team played that great. We can't play a game and hope that another team (Vernon) controls our play-off chances by beating somebody and letting us get in under the gun. I hope that Vernon can play like they never have before against Gainseville because now that the season's over I wish the best of luck too all the teams representing 5-3A. Let's go 5-3A.

RMAC (I felt the same way last year when my Lions didn't make the playoffs). Your a humble poster and I'm sure you will be around this board for years to come. If you like playoff football --and I know you do -- you may want to catch some of the same games that I go to. vernonLions#1 and I will be making the games all playoff season, we will follow the Lions and when they are done then we will go to the good matchup games.

z~