not sure if its a final or not

fury900
11-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
not sure if its a final or not

yes F

GreenMonster
11-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Hard fought football game between 2 honorable combatants. The Steers will miss the playoffs for the first time in many moons. Iowa Park took an early lead on a 71 yard Buck sweep. This score holds up through the half. Graham intercepts a pass deep in Hawk territory early in the 3rd quarter and return it for a touchdown. Mid-way through the 4th quarter the Hawks mount a time consuming drive to the end zone to take the lead. Graham fights back only to be interceted at the 10 with around 2 minutes on the clock. Graham defense holds and the Steers burn their final 2 time outs to get one more chance with around 30 seconds on the clock. Iowa Park opts to take a safety instead of punt out of their own end zone. The Steers make a valiant effort and complete 1 pass after the free kick to give them a shot at the end zone. The last pass of the game fell incomplete in the back of the end zone with 3 Hawk defenders surrounding it. Final score, Iowa Park 14 - Graham 9. I was also able to meet up at half time with Adidas, RMAC, Injuredinmelee, and MacArthur. We had a nice visit and Adidas got a pic.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Thanks Hawks!

Bullaholic
11-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Congrats to the Hawks, GM. Welcome to the playoffs. Nobody really expected IP to make it the way they started out---that makes it all the "sweeter" for you guys.

GreenMonster
11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Congrats to the Hawks, GM. Welcome to the playoffs. Nobody really expected IP to make it the way they started out---that makes it all the "sweeter" for you guys.

Indeed it does Bullaholic. Goes to show you what a tough non-district schedule can bring. It will either break your team's confidence or make them tough as nails coming down the stretch.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Indeed it does Bullaholic. Goes to show you what a tough non-district schedule can bring. It will either break your team's confidence or make them tough as nails coming down the stretch.

I think IP has the best chance in the playoffs out of district 5 teams.

Go hawks!

GreenMonster
11-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks Z, I promise to cheer a little for you next week. Interested to see who we play. Either Sanger or Pilot Point.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Thanks Z, I promise to cheer a little for you next week. Interested to see who we play. Either Sanger or Pilot Point.

IP should beat either of them.