PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a Gilmer/Daingerfield rematch

Buckeyeman
11-04-2005, 11:16 PM
From what I'm reading on Smoaky.com it looks like it will be a rematch between Gilmer & Daingerfield next week. Gilmer will be out to revenge their only loss over the last 2 seasons.

Buckeyeman
11-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Game is Friday at Mt. Pleasant.

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2005, 08:33 AM
History of Daingerfield versus Gilmer at Sam Parker Field:

2002: Daingerfield 36, Gilmer 23
2003: Gilmer 43, Daingerfield 0

The outcome of this game really depends upon which Tiger team shows up. If the one that played us on Sept. 30 does (and that appears to be the one that took the field last night against Pleasant Grove), it will be a close game.

I know the Buckeyes will be stoked for revenge, so I give the advantage to us. And it very well could be a blowout. Daingerfield is fortunate that revenge motivation has only been building for five weeks. We see what happened when the Buckeyes had to think about a loss for an entire year.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
History of Daingerfield versus Gilmer at Sam Parker Field:

2002: Daingerfield 36, Gilmer 23
2003: Gilmer 43, Daingerfield 0

The outcome of this game really depends upon which Tiger team shows up. If the one that played us on Sept. 30 does (and that appears to be the one that took the field last night against Pleasant Grove), it will be a close game.

I know the Buckeyes will be stoked for revenge, so I give the advantage to us. And it very well could be a blowout. Daingerfield is fortunate that revenge motivation has only been building for five weeks. We see what happened when the Buckeyes had to think about a loss for an entire year.

They won the first time and you are now predicted a blowout win for Gilmer this time? Did part of their team quit or what?

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2005, 09:25 AM
No, but Gilmer had a number of very costly turnovers in that game. I'm not saying Daingerfield didn't deserve to win. The Tigers' D in particular had an awesome game.

But look at what Jefferson did to Daingerfield a few weeks later. I think it was 34-14. Gilmer beat Jefferson, 39-0.

I have to admit I am fairly confident we will win this time around. It is awfully hard to beat the same team twice in one season. Time will tell.

Hupernikomen
11-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
No, but Gilmer had a number of very costly turnovers in that game. I'm not saying Daingerfield didn't deserve to win. The Tigers' D in particular had an awesome game.

But look at what Jefferson did to Daingerfield a few weeks later. I think it was 34-14. Gilmer beat Jefferson, 39-0.

I have to admit I am fairly confident we will win this time around. It is awfully hard to beat the same team twice in one season. Time will tell.

How does your confidence now compare to your confidence going into the first game?

What was the score of the 1st meeting anyways?

LE FAN
11-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Not sue what offense DField ran when they played Gilmer. When they played LE they were trying to run that no huddle spread. Don't think it was working out the way Coach Hugg wanted it to. Last couple of games they ditched that spread and went back to the Power I. They are now playing like the Tigers of old. But what scarey now is. If it comes down to a hurry up offense type situation DField can run that too. So this should be a classic East Tx match up. Now the Leopards have to get ready for the Gladewater Bears. Good luck to all in the playoffs

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
How does your confidence now compare to your confidence going into the first game?

What was the score of the 1st meeting anyways?

I was not at all confident going into the first game. First of all, it was at their house and they had not lost there in something like four years, although I believe L-E broke that string a couple of weeks later. Secondly, Gilmer had a 21-game winning streak going into that game and you could feel the pressure mounting on that score.

The score was 26-17, but our defense only gave up two TDs. Number 32 for the Tigers, Tyrrell Brown, who was all over the field on both sides of the ball that night, ran an INT back for a TD and another TD was set up when one of our running backs fumbled on his own one. This latter incident was definitely the turning point of the game. It happened early in the third quarter.