PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 21 Giddings 14 at Half

IveyOldschool02
10-25-2002, 08:24 PM
LG 21 Giddings 14

lovedaddy06
10-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey IVEYOLDSCHOOL....I am a Buffalo alumni from '89 living in SA. Can't get the LaGrange Radio in.....Keep me posted.....THANKS....(lovedaddy06@satx.rr.com)

IveyOldschool02
10-25-2002, 09:01 PM
Alright....I am fixing to get a 3rd quarter score...

IveyOldschool02
10-26-2002, 12:51 AM
La Grange 42 Giddings 21

oldbuff78
10-26-2002, 09:17 AM
Never in my life have i heard such poor radio commentators like were on the radio calling the game friday night. They were so bias. I know its a big rivalry, but i think it gives LG's class act a shiner. Then one of the guys said he used to be a coach, that really blew my mine. If I were Tony, I would tell them to take a hike. Good job leps, you dont need any help from them!!

Pudlugger
10-26-2002, 09:37 AM
I was at the game and didn't hear the radio broadcast. Yhe game was very hard fought on both sides with Giddings refusing to buckle despite going 4 and out on the openning possesion and then having La Grange score quickly in the next possesion. They marched back down to score on a nifty pitch-out wide to the right on 4th down. The game really was up for grabs until the 4th quarter when the Leps wore down the Giddings defense and went up by 3 tds. A wet soggy field contributed to 5 turnovers for each team which contributed to the uncertainty of the outcome for three quarters. Great game Giddings, good luck against Elgin, maybe you can catch them sleeping. :)

buffalo booster
10-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Good game, pud. LG deserved the win. But, I lost a lot of respect for your coaches at the end of the game. Y'all were up 42-21 with about three minutes left and Anderle is throwing deep for another TD? Classless, my friend...

Pudlugger
10-26-2002, 03:39 PM
buffalo booster:
Good game, pud. LG deserved the win. But, I lost a lot of respect for your coaches at the end of the game. Y'all were up 42-21 with about three minutes left and Anderle is throwing deep for another TD? Classless, my friend...Daniels, our freshman back-up QB, was in the last two or three posessions. I don't recall Anderle throwing deep then, I recall those last series were with 2nd and 3rd teams in there. You shouldn't make statements like that, it sounds like sour grapes. Thank you for the congrats anyway. Good luck against Elgin, I think Giddings can win if yall stay focused. :)

gochargers!!
10-26-2002, 04:16 PM
I don't care if it was the head cheerleader, school janitor, waterboy, 4th grade science teacher, room mother, bus driver, or even the mascot. What it boils down to is respect for the other team....doesn't sound like you guys have any....Booster, you are correct my friend...CLASSLESS. Nobody with any respect for the game of football does that.

Keep your heads up, Buffs...a couple of plays kept you out of that game, nothing more.

http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif

Pudlugger
10-26-2002, 06:39 PM
gochargers!!:
I don't care if it was the head cheerleader, school janitor, waterboy, 4th grade science teacher, room mother, bus driver, or even the mascot. What it boils down to is respect for the other team....doesn't sound like you guys have any....Booster, you are correct my friend...CLASSLESS. Nobody with any respect for the game of football does that.

Keep your heads up, Buffs...a couple of plays kept you out of that game, nothing more.

http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gifYou think a second string team doesn't have the right to try and score after busting their collective butts all year in practice? Would it have been more suitable to you if they just took a knee for three series instead of playing football? You insult your own team with that attitude, as if they are so sorry that it is unsportsmanlike to let a second string offense play hard against them. Wow, with fans like you it is no wonder Giddings is having a hard time this year. Get over it, your team played hard and it was a good game but they lost. Move on to Elgin because they are a salty bunch andf yall better prepare. :mad: :mad: :mad:

buffalo booster
10-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Yo, pud. It was Anderle, and the 1st string offense, that was going deep with three minutes left. Your second string QB came in for the last series only. Check the game film. And calm down.

IveyOldschool02
10-26-2002, 10:02 PM
You know what I got to say....Its football...and you do what you have to do....We did last year against Lorena....run it up...and quit being a baby...maybe I am just bias..

gochargers!!
10-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Yeah, Pud....get your facts straight.... And just because Giddings did it against Lorena LAST YEAR doesn't make it right. Nobody said anything about taking a knee. You were bragging about how well the Leps were moving the ball up and down the field at will, so RUN THE BALL!!! Sure, you do what you have to do, but taking shots at a team you've already beaten doesn't accomplish a thing. I'm all for the second string guys getting their licks in, but the first string throwing deep w/ 3 min. left proves absolutely nothing, especially when you're already up 21 pts. I'm proud of MY BUFFS, and I congratulate the Leps, but let's be realistic, this ain't the BCS....it ain't about how much you beat 'em by. Good luck to La Grange, but GO BUFFS. Go get the Hippos.

BigStudLG
10-26-2002, 11:47 PM
good game g-town. yall came out to play. look, i have been a leopard football player from the 7th grade all the way to our 2 state runs. coach V and the rest of the staff has never, ran up the scores. if you people seem to forget La grange was never a powerhouse untill the class of 97, when they went to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years. La Grange has respect for the town of Giddings and the coaching staff. dont be mad that your team lost. get over it. the game is over. get ready for next week. i would love to see these 2 schools meet again. just like last year. untill the playoffs good luck giddings. i have respect for yall beause of the TGB and yalls fine class from last year (dustin,andy, good luck boys). just chill

Pudlugger
10-27-2002, 07:07 AM
GoChargers yall should feel good about your Buffs. They had five real great plays and scored on three of them. The option pitch leading to the second td was beautifully executed and that little QB #6 was willing to take some huge hits to get off his passes. He has a great arm. Also, Nicks was superb the way he cut back into the middle and scoring after the big runback in the third quarter. So lets not worry about a pass with 3 minutes left, it is a tribute to the Buffs that no one on the LG side felt that the game was in the bag at that point. Especially as the Buffs were answering the Leps TD for TD there for the first three quarters. The Buffs have had an unusually difficult season and their record in no way reflects their talent and heart. When I played in the Bronze Age we went 2-7 losing most games by a couple of points. We did knock off the undefeated district champs though so that made us proud. What Giddings really needs to do is ambush Elgin and that will make their season a little sweeter. Good luck against the Hippos and then beat Elgin. :D :D :D

steam'en tiemann
10-27-2002, 01:25 PM
hey go chargers

Lg is classless ehh? Really????? Quit being a loser!!!!!! Besides,what about elgin buddy? 63to0 against smithville. You think elgin really need to get the score up that much on a 0and8 team.Anyways,I would worry more about what is in front of you than what is behind you. Oh and before i end this, you ask #3 from giddings how many lg players just walked away while he said something stupid and crappy on the field. La Grange is full of class.
oh yeah, Where did the rumble from the buffalo nation go? eek!