PDA

View Full Version : 5-3a Is Nuts....a Must Read

KTA
11-04-2005, 09:33 PM
The playoff scenarios for the 5-3A is:
• If Graham defeats Iowa Park, the Steers are in the playoffs.
• If Graham wins and Vernon wins, both make the playoffs, Breckenridge is the third team in by virtue of a victory over Iowa Park.

• If Graham wins and Breckenridge wins, both are in the playoffs and Iowa Park is the third team by virtue of a victory over Vernon.
•If Graham loses to Iowa Park and Vernon defeats Breckenridge, Graham, Vernon and Breckenridge are in by virtue of Graham’s victory over Breckenridge and Breckenridge’s victory over Iowa Park.
•If Graham loses and Breckenridge wins, Graham is out. Breckenridge and Iowa Park make it in, and Vernon is the third team by virtue of a win over Graham.

With all that said Breckenridge 13 Vernon 7 half, and Graham 0 Iowa Park 7 half.

District303aPastPlayer
11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
ummm wow...

_____
damn im paid :)

wildstangs
11-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Gotta love these five team districts. I gave up on trying to comprehend all of that mess. I will just wait until after the game.

gobbler grad
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM
u gotta luv high school football...:D

District303aPastPlayer
11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
u gotta luv high school football...:D

can i get an AMEN from the congregation

wildstangs
11-04-2005, 09:50 PM
AMEN to that

If things continue this way, Graham won't even get the chance to lose in the first round this year. :) Sorry, had to take a jab at the Steers.

mwynn05
11-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by KTA_KTA_KTA
The playoff scenarios for the 5-3A is:
• If Graham defeats Iowa Park, the Steers are in the playoffs.
• If Graham wins and Vernon wins, both make the playoffs, Breckenridge is the third team in by virtue of a victory over Iowa Park.

• If Graham wins and Breckenridge wins, both are in the playoffs and Iowa Park is the third team by virtue of a victory over Vernon.
•If Graham loses to Iowa Park and Vernon defeats Breckenridge, Graham, Vernon and Breckenridge are in by virtue of Graham’s victory over Breckenridge and Breckenridge’s victory over Iowa Park.
•If Graham loses and Breckenridge wins, Graham is out. Breckenridge and Iowa Park make it in, and Vernon is the third team by virtue of a win over Graham.

With all that said Breckenridge 13 Vernon 7 half, and Graham 0 Iowa Park 7 half. 17 is just as crazy prolly crazier

KTA
11-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Graham 7 Iowa Park 7 mid 3rd
Vernon 14 Breckenridge 13 mid 3rd

KTA
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
wildstangs I could care less I graduated from Olney. Just love the game

wildstangs
11-04-2005, 10:24 PM
wildstangs I could care less I graduated from Olney. Just love the game

Oh I know, I wasn't trying to throw a jab at you. I have read over the last few years your frustrations with Graham.

KTA
11-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I know, but for those who dont know now know.;) .

KTA
11-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Graham 7 Iowa Park 14 11 mins left in the fourth

KTA
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Breckenridge 19 Vernon 14 late 4th
Graham 7 Iowa Park 14 3:01 left

wildstangs
11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
So its looking like Breck, IP, and Vernon?

KTA
11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Iowa Park 14 Graham 9 FINAL
Breckenridge 19 Vernon 14 FINAL

Breckenridge wins district
Iowa Park takes 2nd
Vernon takes 3rd

Graham out of the playoffs for the first time since 99

Snyder_TigerFan
11-04-2005, 11:08 PM
So who goes D1?

wildstangs
11-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Iowa Park 14 Graham 9 FINAL
Breckenridge 19 Vernon 14 FINAL

Breckenridge wins district
Iowa Park takes 2nd
Vernon takes 3rd

Graham out of the playoffs for the first time since 99

Wow, and this happened in a year when they knocked off Wylie.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
So who goes D1?

Vernon goes DI

PlayaJBiehl20
11-04-2005, 11:52 PM
I bet Graham fans love McCoy right now.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

I bet they miss that veer that no one in the district could stop.

Stacy2132
11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I wanted to thank all of you for keeping us up-to-date. It is hard to get Iowa Park Football information down in South Texas. I was glued to this site all night. Keep up the good work and GO HAWKS GO!!!:D

Adidas410s
11-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

I won't even start in on the "fair weather" fans that I have seen at Graham. Knowing a lot of the kids on the team, it sucks for them to see a significant amount of the crowd being SO vocally negative EVERY time they lost yards on a play or had a turnover. I really think that the attitude of the fans (not the student section mind you...they were very positive) goes a long way in impacting the morale of the kids. Either way, I was proud of the way that Graham kept playing despite their QB having a very off night and throwing some errant passes. The guys kept fighting and gave themselves a chance to win at the end...

VWG
11-05-2005, 12:25 PM
How bad were the fans?
I've been to games from 1A to 5A and there are always fans in the stands complaining about play selection by coaches, calls by officials, bad plays by the team, etc.....

GreenMonster
11-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I won't even start in on the "fair weather" fans that I have seen at Graham. Knowing a lot of the kids on the team, it sucks for them to see a significant amount of the crowd being SO vocally negative EVERY time they lost yards on a play or had a turnover. I really think that the attitude of the fans (not the student section mind you...they were very positive) goes a long way in impacting the morale of the kids. Either way, I was proud of the way that Graham kept playing despite their QB having a very off night and throwing some errant passes. The guys kept fighting and gave themselves a chance to win at the end...

The Iowa Park defense had a lot to do with the QB's bad night. First, the Hawks decided not to let Lauder beat them so they took him out of the Steer gameplan. Then the Hawks rushed him from a different angle all night long never using the same rush on any 2 consecutive plays. There were also some key drops and some key pass breakups by the Hawk secondary. I can see why there was some frustration in the Graham stands. 13 yards rushing and no offensive points will do that. Good gameplan by the Hawk coaching staff and tough defensive play had more to do with the Graham loss than the Graham kids did. Graham played a great game and that QB will be pretty dang good for the next couple of years.