PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter you got to go

noitall
01-03-2004, 11:01 PM
I don't know about the rest of you Cowboy fans but this guy is a total loser. Seventeen games counting this one and he hasn't had three good games yet. I hope Parcells is smart enough to make a change next year. While Carter is on your way out take Richie Anderson, Troy Hambrick, and Toby Gowin with ya!!!!!

spaniard
01-03-2004, 11:23 PM
fair enough, either that or send em to some of the top 3a schools to train, like gainesville, everman, jasper, forney, sinton, maybe burnet, theyll get some teachin and humblin :D :D i dont know if that would do them any good, because they would get tore up, but oh well.

Bull's-eye
01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
I agree, Dallas must upgrade at QB, RB and O-line. Carter got every chance to prove himself and he is definately not the answer. Same is true with Hambrick. Dallas must also improve their offensive line and also work on their pass defense. They made great strides, but won't get a championship unless they get a QB and RB.

Keith7
01-03-2004, 11:36 PM
spaniard:
fair enough, either that or send em to some of the top 3a schools to train, like gainesville, everman, jasper, forney, sinton, maybe burnet, theyll get some teachin and humblin :D :D i dont know if that would do them any good, because they would get tore up, but oh well.We used to make fun of Chris Brown (Gainesville's Quarterback) last year (2002) cuz he looked alot like Quincy Carter.. but i guess he proved us all wrong this year

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

noitall
01-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Getting Al Johnson back at center next year will definetly be an upgrade but I agree that they're probably a couple of players away on the offensive line. Larry Allen really has me confused. Mario Edwards might have trouble playing on a 3A team. The Cowboys did have a good year but they overachieved for sure. Nobody will take them as lightly as they did this season so they will have to have a dramatic improvment this off season in order to win those same 10 games next year.

Bulldog92
01-04-2004, 12:09 AM
I think a top flight RB and decent QB would do wonders for the Cowboys. Mark Brunell and Corey Dillon will both be available via free agency and there are others, but those two would be major upgrades over what they have now.

Keith7
01-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Bulldog92:
I think a top flight RB and decent QB would do wonders for the Cowboys. Mark Brunell and Corey Dillon will both be available via free agency and there are others, but those two would be major upgrades over what they have now.There is a Salary cap in the NFL u know

Bulldog92
01-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Keith7:

Bulldog92:
I think a top flight RB and decent QB would do wonders for the Cowboys. Mark Brunell and Corey Dillon will both be available via free agency and there are others, but those two would be major upgrades over what they have now.There is a Salary cap in the NFL u knowI know...but I don't think either guy will get as much as you think. Neither of them were starters for all or part of the season. They might dump both Carter and Hutchinson, among others, which frees up plenty of money to make moves. The Cowboys will be a much different team when training camp starts. They had a great season, though, and deserve a lot of credit.

Keith7
01-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Bulldog92:

Keith7:

Bulldog92:
I think a top flight RB and decent QB would do wonders for the Cowboys. Mark Brunell and Corey Dillon will both be available via free agency and there are others, but those two would be major upgrades over what they have now.There is a Salary cap in the NFL u knowI know...but I don't think either guy will get as much as you think. Neither of them were starters for all or part of the season. They might dump both Carter and Hutchinson, among others, which frees up plenty of money to make moves. The Cowboys will be a much different team when training camp starts. They had a great season, though, and deserve a lot of credit.What i thinkk will happen is that they may bring in another QB but they will stick with Carter until he screws up next season, just for the simple fact that he took them to the playoffs this season.. but Bill Parcells will bring in another running back for sure

3afan2K3
01-04-2004, 12:31 AM
I heard that Corey Dillon might come to Dallas if they have the Cap room

vet93
01-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Don't forget a new punter...Parcells likes the field position game and he won't tolerate anymore 17 yard punts. As much as I think that Carter should go...I think that Hambrick should go more...that guy couldn't find a hole if he fell in it and how does a 230 pound back go down so many times with one hand on him?

Wildcat81
01-04-2004, 01:44 AM
I would have to agree with all of you.I watched
some of the game tonight,and it was bad.

Bulldog92
01-04-2004, 02:09 AM
vet93:
Don't forget a new punter...Parcells likes the field position game and he won't tolerate anymore 17 yard punts. As much as I think that Carter should go...I think that Hambrick should go more...that guy couldn't find a hole if he fell in it and how does a 230 pound back go down so many times with one hand on him?Hambrick's tripping over all that money that he's stealing from Jerry Jones. I don't care what Jerry's paying him. It's too much...

sinton66
01-04-2004, 10:50 AM
The Cowboys simply got beat by a better team. I agree Carter isn't cutting it. Even when the line gives him time, he still doesn't make it happen and when they don't give him time, he's terrible in his decisions. Parcells is no fool, he'll make some moves this coming season. Eli Manning looked impressive the other night.

jason
01-04-2004, 11:20 AM
sinton66:
The Cowboys simply got beat by a better team. I agree Carter isn't cutting it. Even when the line gives him time, he still doesn't make it happen and when they don't give him time, he's terrible in his decisions. Parcells is no fool, he'll make some moves this coming season. Eli Manning looked impressive the other night.yes he did...BUT, the cowboys no longer have a high draft pick and Manning will go top 3...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I agree that Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick both need to go, but I think Richie Anderson should stay. He is a terrific pass catching threat out of the backfield, and has proven his worth on several occasions this season.

The upcoming NFL Draft should be fun. Should the Cowpokes go with a QB or a RB in the first round? I say get a RB in the first round, and pick up a veteran QB off of free agency, but NOT Kurt Warner.

next generation
01-04-2004, 02:02 PM
I say draft a QB in the first round this year. Say that Manning kid or Roethisburger from Miami(Ohio).

sinton66
01-04-2004, 02:17 PM
The Dallas player personnel used to be great at trading for draft choices. Of course all of those people have been replaced. I'm not so impressed with the present crew. They do need to get at least a couple of marquee players particularily at QB and RB. Symons would be a good draft choice also, I think.

3afan2K3
01-04-2004, 02:20 PM
next generation:
I say draft a QB in the first round this year. Say that Manning kid or Roethisburger from Miami(Ohio).Those guys will be gone when the cowboys are on the clock

Wbulldogs
01-04-2004, 02:47 PM
yah it would be pretty awesome with eli manning or bj symmons throwing to galloway bryant and glenn...hambrick was a big dissapointment after whining so much last year that he was better than emmitt which he difinitely did not prove...and richie anderson will stay with the cowboys, for the simple reason of leadership and hes one of parcells guys

Keith7
01-04-2004, 05:11 PM
sinton66:
The Dallas player personnel used to be great at trading for draft choices. Of course all of those people have been replaced. I'm not so impressed with the present crew. They do need to get at least a couple of marquee players particularily at QB and RB. Symons would be a good draft choice also, I think.No one will want Symons because of his injurys and his stats were only because of the system he played for

sinton66
01-04-2004, 06:17 PM
The system he played for? I'd say he and the receivers he was throwing to were the system. Coaches can only call the plays, the players have to execute them. In the NFL, nearly all plays are called by a coach.

Keith7
01-04-2004, 06:51 PM
sinton66:
The system he played for? I'd say he and the receivers he was throwing to were the system. Coaches can only call the plays, the players have to execute them. In the NFL, nearly all plays are called by a coach.So you are saying that The cowboys should turn into a pass heavy team like tech??

cuz thats the only way BJ Symons will be succesful

noitall
01-04-2004, 07:06 PM
3afan2K3:

next generation:
I say draft a QB in the first round this year. Say that Manning kid or Roethisburger from Miami(Ohio).Those guys will be gone when the cowboys are on the clockJerry Jones has been knowed to make a big move or two. The last one for Galloway that cost us 2 number one draft picks was a bad one, however remember all those trades in the good ol days that worked out. I wouldn't put it past him to trade a couple of number ones or anything else for Eli Manning, he would sure be worth it. That would solve our QB problems for years to come. I think they could pick up a good running back in free agency such as Corey Dillon. Adding those two players would for sure make us a top contender and remember the offensive line is very young for the most part, (exception limping Larry Allen), but they can add a player in free agency there too. Hambrick has been a huge dissapointment. I've never ever seen a 230 pound RB tackled by 180 pound DB's so much in all my life. Hambrick GONE, Carter GONE, Hutchinson GONE, Gowin GONE, Mario Edwards GONE. NOW we can play some football

sportsguru
01-04-2004, 07:56 PM
I THINK THAT EVERY DEFENSIVE PLAYER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MARIO EDWARDS SHOULD TAKE EACH OFFENSIVE PLAYER AND WHIP THEIR *****!! THE DEFENSE KEPT THEM IN THE BALLGAME LAST NIGHT HOLDING THE PANTHERS TO FGS INSTEAD OF TDS. IT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN 50-10 IF THE DEFENSE WASN'T PLAYING AS TOUGH AS THEY WERE, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF EDWARDS. I THINK SOME JUNIOR HIGH RECEIVERS COULD BURN EDWARDS ON SOME PASS PLAYS. THEY NEED TO PICK A QB IN THE DRAFT, BUT THEY ALSO NEED TO GET A VETERAN QB FROM FREE AGENCY SO THEY WILL HAVE DEPTH AT THAT POSITION. THERE ARE PLENTY OF QBS THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS COMING YEAR FROM THE DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY. THEY SHOULD DRAFT A RB LIKE THE ONE FROM MICHIGAN. I THINK HE SHOULD BE AROUND WHEN THEY GET TO PICK. NEXT YEAR WE SHOULD SEE HOW GOOD THE BOYS REALLY ARE BECAUSE THIS YEAR THEY HAD A WEAK SCHEDULE. NEXT YEAR THE SCHEDULE WILL BE TOUGHER BECAUSE THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS.....

vet93
01-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Call me crazy (and I am no QC fan) but I don't think that Dallas will draft high for a quarterback. I think that it is much more likely that they will take a proven free agent qb or stick with quincy. The reason that I think this is because I think that Parcells is thinking on the short term because he doesn't plan on being here for 5 years. I just don't feel that he would want to invest high picks in a qb and then have to train him up. Even the great college quarterbacks take several years to develope into consistent pro quarterbacks.

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Here's how I think the Cowboys could improve:

1. Trade your first round pick to St. Louis for Kurt Warner...the Cowboys won't have a top QB to choose at that spot in the draft, Parcells has been open about his admiration for Warner, and St. Louis will trade him after this season.

2. Package the second round pick along with the 6th round pick that the Cowboys acquired from Green Bay in the Reggie Swinton trade to move up about five or ten spots in the second round and draft Michigan RB Chris Perry. I think he's exactly what the 'Boys need in the running game...he has some size, but has elusiveness and breakaway ability that the Cowboys are lacking.

3. Sign a pass rusher via free agency...I'm sure there will be someone available that the Cowboys would like (Warren Sapp will be a free agent, but I don't think Parcells would like him.)

poncho
01-05-2004, 01:21 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Here's how I think the Cowboys could improve:

1. Trade your first round pick to St. Louis for Kurt Warner...the Cowboys won't have a top QB to choose at that spot in the draft, Parcells has been open about his admiration for Warner, and St. Louis will trade him after this season.

2. Package the second round pick along with the 6th round pick that the Cowboys acquired from Green Bay in the Reggie Swinton trade to move up about five or ten spots in the second round and draft Michigan RB Chris Perry. I think he's exactly what the 'Boys need in the running game...he has some size, but has elusiveness and breakaway ability that the Cowboys are lacking.

3. Sign a pass rusher via free agency...I'm sure there will be someone available that the Cowboys would like (Warren Sapp will be a free agent, but I don't think Parcells would like him.)I agree with what you said, but I would like to see them address the offensive line also.

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Edwards would do much better as a nickle back.

Showtime33
01-05-2004, 04:55 PM
One player that I dont think will be back next year is Joey Galloway. The Cowboys are going to have some room to work under the cap. One running back the Cowboys might go after if they cant get Dillon is Travis Henry from Buffalo. I think the Bills will be looking to get rid of Henry and go with MaGahee next year. Also I think there is a greater than zero chance that Keshawn Johnson will be wearing a star on his helmet next year.