PDA

View Full Version : My Man, T.O.

Bullaholic
11-04-2005, 03:26 PM
I hate to even waste a thread on T.O., but I just can't help myself. Today's latest T.O. revelation rant goes something like this:

1. The Eagles are losing because McNabb, can't or won't perform while injured.

2. T.O. agrees with Michael Irvin's opinion that the Eagles would be undefeated if Bret Favre were their QB.

3. The Eagles are not a "class" organization because they failed to recognize his 100th TD reception with some fanfare.

4. T.O. doesn't think he will be with the Eagles next season---but, not because he doesn't want to stay.

What complete selfish,immature, non-constructive and thoughtless statements to be making mid-season when your team is at a "make-or-break" season cross-roads. I wish all of the NFL owners would agree not to hire this guy if he would play for $1 a year and he ends up playing in Mongolia.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 03:29 PM
it's great that we have role models like him. he is a perfect example of what not to become.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
it's great that we have role models like him. he is a perfect example of what not to become.

Ya we should want our kids to be more like Keshawn Johnson :rolleyes: ...

Bull, you forgot to add that he took all of it back today and apologized

Keith7
11-04-2005, 03:54 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens apologized to the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, one day after blasting the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.

"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said in a prepared statement. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

Shortly before Owens' apology, coach Andy Reid didn't rule out suspending the All-Pro wideout following his latest comments, which included more criticism of quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I take care of those things in-house," Reid said. "I obviously will address the player and those people I need to talk to and work this thing out."

It's unlikely Owens would be suspended now that he's apologized.

In an interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens took shots at the team and McNabb. He made his 100th career TD reception in a victory over San Diego on Oct. 23, but the accomplishment was not acknowledged on the video screen.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens also said the Eagles (4-3) would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries," Owens said of Favre. "I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens and McNabb feuded throughout the summer and didn't speak to each other for a prolonged period. McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowl quarterback who helped the Eagles win the NFC championship last season, has played through several injuries this season, including a sports hernia that will require surgery.

Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs in seven games. He's been upset with the Eagles since management refused to redo his contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Ya we should want our kids to be more like Keshawn Johnson :rolleyes: ...

Bull, you forgot to add that he took all of it back today and apologized

i'm not endorsing keyshawn, but he does have a little more class than t.o.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM

WHAT!??! Keyshawn gets on T.V. last week and calls out all of the legends of the game, Rice, Carter, Irvin, and says he is better then any of them and NOBODY says a thing about it..

T.O. says that if he his team had a healthy QB that his team would be in a better position, and the whole world says hes classless!??!

Hello!?!? do you guys not see something wrong here??

It sound like the media has you guys wrapped around it's little finger trying to make a story 100X bigger then it should be

big daddy russ
11-04-2005, 04:00 PM
I just heard the actual interview on the Dan Patrick show just now. Taken completely out of context.

The headline on MSN.com:
"Owens: I'd prefer Favre as QB"

What he actually said (along the lines of):
Interviewer: Michael Irvin said you guys MAY be undefeated if Brett Favre was your quarterback. What do you think?
TO: I could see that. Favre is a warrior, he plays through injuries, and he understands the quarterback position... and he also said something along the lines that they could be in a better position with Favre.

Not knocking McNabb, just came off of saying that he was injured and not playing well through the pain.

I'm usually the last person to stick up for Owens. Don't care for him much, but this is unethical journalism at its finest. I've studied journalism for the better part of four years. Was a sports reporter for over three. I know how to spot this stuff and I think it's crap. Turns my stomach every time I see it and I see it a lot. TO did say something about McNabb not playing WELL through pain, and that he was tired of everyone pointing fingers at the defense when McNabb's not playing well right now. But that was the only thing he said where he "dissed" McNabb. After all, the byline on that MSN story reads "Owens disses McNabb, Eagles."

I hope you get to hear the whole, uncut interview one of these days.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:01 PM
WHAT!??! Keyshawn gets on T.V. last week and calls out all of the legends of the game, Rice, Carter, Irvin, and says he is better then any of them and NOBODY says a thing about it..

T.O. says that if he his team had a healthy QB that his team would be in a better position, and the whole world says hes classless!??!

Hello!?!? do you guys not see something wrong here??

It sound like the media has you guys wrapped around it's little finger trying to make a story 100X bigger then it should be

to basically say your team stinks because of the QB isn't a little story, it's a cheap shot.

big daddy russ
11-04-2005, 04:02 PM
You're kidding, right??? We shouldn't even be having this argument... it's not even close. The only reason TO gets more pub is because he's a better receiver.

That's freaking hilarious. I hope you get to meet Keyshawn one of these days, then talk to me about how much class he has.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
okay, show me where i said keyshawn has alot of class. all i said was that he has more than t.o. now please tell me how hard that is to understand.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
to basically say your team stinks because of the QB isn't a little story, it's a cheap shot.

He didn't say his team stunk because of his QB!! he said that he felt like what Irvin said was true, if the eagles had Favre they would be in a better situation, (Well duh!!) hmm :thinking: Would a team be in a better situation with a QB who has a Sports Hernia?? or play with a QB who is considered the best ever by many and is completly healthy?? Think about it?? I'm sure McNabb might agree

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
he says farve is a warrior because he play thru injuries, then what is mcnabb if he is doing the same thing??

just keep spinning for classless t.o. everyone knows he's out for himself only.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
he says farve is a warrior because he play thru injuries, then what is mcnabb if he is doing the same thing??

Obviously he is a warrior too, but he was never asked if McNabb was a warrior.. I think you are reading alittle too much into this..

Keith7
11-04-2005, 04:09 PM

just keep spinning for classless t.o. everyone knows he's out for himself only.

Deal with it.. He is still gonna torch the Cows, and when that happens I bet you'll think that T.O. is even more Classless :rolleyes:

Whats funny is how classless people think T.O. is when he is the guy who came back to the Super Bowl and played after breaking his leg!! and the guy who lead the 49ers back in the playoffs vs. The Giants when the 49ers ened up blowing a field goal at the end of the game... Nobody remembers the times when TO was a GREAT team player.. Just the times he was a "bad" player..

You guys can believe the media that TO is the most classless guy on the face of the earth.. but I'd take TO on my team ANYDAY

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Obviously he is a warrior too, but he was never asked if McNabb was a warrior.. I think you are reading alittle too much into this..

i think your looking at it with t.o. colored glasses on.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Deal with it.. He is still gonna torch the Cows, and when that happens I bet you'll think that T.O. is even more Classless :rolleyes:

kinda of like he did a few weeks ago

Keith7
11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
i think your looking at it with t.o. colored glasses on.

I think your looking at it with Cow colored glasses, while the media is holding your hand

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I think your looking at it with Cow colored glasses, while the media is holding your hand

once you get older and have kids, and maybe look at it with an unbiased view, you'll understand what type of role model he really is.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
once you get older and have kids, and maybe look at it with an unbiased view, you'll understand what type of role model he really is.

You have a super biased view though.. Yea i'm and Eagles fan, but stuff like this is sopposed to make me NOT like T.O.

You on the other hand are like MANY americans and get your opinions from the media.. I really encourage you to see the interview yourself and forget about what all you read about the interview and tell me what you really got out of it.. because it really isn't 1/1000000 as bad as ESPN has made it out to be..

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 04:23 PM
You have a super biased view though.. Yea i'm and Eagles fan, but stuff like this is sopposed to make me NOT like T.O.

You on the other hand are like MANY americans and get your opinions from the media.. I really encourage you to see the interview yourself and forget about what all you read about the interview and tell me what you really got out of it.. because it really isn't 1/1000000 as bad as ESPN has made it out to be..

how is my view biased??

99IHSMustang
11-04-2005, 04:26 PM

I think you are right there Keith... about the media taking a lot of stuff out of context. We are used to hearing about the bad stuff from TO... That's what sells (ratings, magazines, papers... etc). I have seen some of the stuff that he has done and do not agree with it... but that is what the media plays of off.

Bullaholic
11-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry, but my personal opinion of T.O. has not changed. T.O. has found out he is like a spoiled child---he can can come out and say anything he wants as long as he comes out the next day and says---"Sorry daddy--I really didn't mean it." The American sports public is not that gullible. I'm no fan of the media, but I haven't read an account of anybody, anywhere in or out of the media who is claiming T.O. was quoted out of context. The only thing that really scares T.O. is being suspended and losing some serious change, or if the media doesn't print his name enough times or mis-spells it. Even T.O's mouth is not big enough to repair the damage he does to his team and the sport. The only reason T.O. ever makes a statement to the media or grants an interview is to further the "T.O." cause---no other reason.

vet93
11-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Keith...nobody has said that TO wasn't an exceptionally skilled reciever. He has the ability to change the game when he is out there with his athleticism. The problem is that he is so selfish that once things don't go his way....he will rip his teamates, organization, league or anyone else. When you do this the way TO has done it...his teamates are the ones that are hurt the most. I am no Eagles fan like you...but you can bet that if I was an Eagles fan I would be plenty hacked at TO. He has single handedly been such a distraction and cancer in the locker room that the Eagles have not played anywhere close to their potential. These guys were primed for a super bowl appearance but will have to hustle just to make the playoffs. Sure, the media blows things out of proportion....but this could easily be solved if TO would just shut up and honor the contract that he signed without complaining.

Whats funny is how classless people think T.O. is when he is the guy who came back to the Super Bowl and played after breaking his leg!! and the guy who lead the 49ers back in the playoffs vs. The Giants when the 49ers ened up blowing a field goal at the end of the game... Nobody remembers the times when TO was a GREAT team player.. Just the times he was a "bad" player..

You guys can believe the media that TO is the most classless guy on the face of the earth.. but I'd take TO on my team ANYDAY

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by vet93
..but this could easily be solved if TO would just shut up and honor the contract that he signed without complaining.

you can't use TO and "honor" in the same sentence

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-04-2005, 05:33 PM
i dont nessacerlily like t.o., but he has gained some ground on my list since he stopped running his mouth and doing the stupid things he did the last few years. on the note of the eagles not making much celebration of him hitting 100 career td's, thats something that i think should be praised. he does have a butt load of talent, and does his best, from what i have seen everyweek to get the job done. as for agreeing with the statements made by irving, i dont think they'd be undefeated maybe 2 losses at most. brett favre is a great qb whos time is fading, but with a talented player to throw the ball to, im sure that would be a deadly combo.

Bullaholic
11-04-2005, 05:38 PM
IMO, Bret Favre wouldn't put up with T.O. for 5 minutes.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
IMO, Bret Favre wouldn't put up with T.O. for 5 minutes.

Yea cuz Bret Favre is a great american :rolleyes: (another persona drawn up by the media) Even though he is a guy who was once addicted to pain killers..

But seriously.. those who havn't seen the actual video, go to www.espn.com and on the list of headlines on the right of the main page, there should be a link..

turbostud
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
They just showed the whole interview on Sportscenter. There is only one word to describe TO. ONEWAY.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 07:36 PM
keith, quit trying to bring eveyone down to TO's level. actions speak louder than words and his actions actually scream about how he's only out for himself. he needs to realize that football is a team sport.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 07:40 PM
he needs to realize that football is a team sport.

He does! thats why he isn't complaining about things like the team not putting his achievment on the mega-tron instead of things like the amount of catches he is getting

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 07:50 PM
He does! thats why he isn't complaining about things like the team not putting his achievment on the mega-tron instead of things like the amount of catches he is getting

he was complaining because they didn't put up his 100th TD. how is that helping the team??

Keith7
11-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Here lets read some of the interview that the media must have "forgot" to mention

GB=Graham Bensinger, a espn.com writer
TO=Terrel Owens, the best reciever in the game
-------------------------------------------

Graham Bensinger: I've known you for a few years now. I can see (the strain) in your face. I could see it in the offseason, and I can see it now. Are you happy?

Terrell Owens: Yeah, I mean, right now, there have been some ups and downs. But overall, I think the things that have gone on, I put them in the back of my mind. I've put those things on the shelf, and when I go out there on the field, I try to have fun. But, yeah, overall, I would say that I'm pretty happy.

GB: Enjoying the season?

TO: Oh yeah, definitely. I mean, our record (4-3) really doesn't indicate the caliber (of) team that we are. But, we're maybe just a few plays here and there from really being like 6-1, something like that. But, you know, we really got our butts whooped down in Dallas. So, I think that's the only real whooping that we took. So, at this stage, we're 4-3, about to go into (a stretch of) divisional play -- the Redskins, the Giants and the Cowboys. We've got those guys coming up, so we're still in the hunt.

GB: You seem to have gone from enjoying the media attention, the hype, the craze, to completely secluding yourself from it. Why?

TO: Well, it's almost like I'm in a no-win situation with the media sometimes. ... You know, I know how the media is. I know how TV works. They'll throw a question out there and they'll edit it. You know, the way they want to put it out there to the world. So, my thing is I just to let my play do the talking for me, and that has been my stance this year.

GB: What makes you successful?

TO: My determination, my drive. The way that I was raised -- just keeping my family and my grandmother at heart. I just try to put herself in my situation at times, almost like what would she do in this situation, or what would she not do? So, my family is very dear to me. When I came out of college in '96 and I had to do all those combine workouts, they were motivation enough for me ... (to) impress those scouts to have the best time or ace the shuttle drills and all those things. So, my family is very important to me, and I know they look up to me. So, if I'm successful in anything, success breeds success.

GB: If the Eagles win and you don't rack up the numbers statistically, are you satisfied?

TO: Yeah, I mean, that's the name of the game. Honestly, it's wins and losses when it all boils down to it. And, that's how I look at it. I always said that, even when I was in San Francisco. I just said as long as we're winning, I don't have a problem with it. But if we're not winning and I'm not getting the ball enough, that's when I have a problem. Because it doesn't matter statistically. I feel like with me being a big part of any offense, then the numbers are going to come. ... I think at some point during the course of the game, I will have an impact -- whether it's blocking or whether it's catching the football.

GB: What do you need from your team, or your teammates, to enable you to achieve success?

TO: Well, obviously, in my situation the quarterback is a big part of my success. I think it goes hand-in-hand. Obviously, a quarterback that has the weapons like Donovan has with this team -- with me, LJ (Smith) and Brian Westbrook -- obviously that helps him to be a better quarterback. ...

GB: What's your relationship like with your teammates?

TO: We have fun. Every day, it's interesting. ... (In the training room), we have a lot of fun doing just different games in there. Even with rehab, there are a lot of games that we play that are competitive, but it coincides with our rehab. And (it's) the same with a lot of guys on the team. We have a lot of guys sitting back in the lounge that play Halo. Me and (Greg) Lewis and Hank Fralee, we play dominos. So, a lot of guys do different things.

GB: What was it like for you going out there on Super Bowl Sunday?

TO: It was fun. I've always envisioned myself, since I was in San Francisco, of a moment when I played in the Super Bowl. It was almost like I had been there before, because I've always kind of played it in my mind before. You know, I've been to the Super Bowl (city) before, and I've never gone to the game. But I've always been there in that atmosphere. So, I've always said, if I ever get that moment, that I was going to try to shine, and I was going to try to play to the best of my ability.

GB: You did all right.

TO: I didn't do bad. Like I said, I probably could have been a little bit more effective had I been 100 percent healthy.

Keith7
11-04-2005, 07:55 PM
he was complaining because they didn't put up his 100th TD. how is that helping the team??

how does that hurt?? do you think Jerimiah Trotter is sitting at his locker right now thinking, "How do I expect to play this week, TO is upset they didn't recognize his 100th TD catch"??

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 07:58 PM
how does that hurt?? do you think Jerimiah Trotter is sitting at his locker right now thinking, "How do I expect to play this week, TO is upset they didn't recognize his 100th TD catch"??

it's really simple, if you could look at it unbiasly, which i don't think you can, TO=CANCER

Keith7
11-04-2005, 08:31 PM
it's really simple, if you could look at it unbiasly, which i don't think you can, TO=CANCER

Your the one who is letting the media tell you what to think.. how is that not you being biased?

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Your the one who is letting the media tell you what to think.. how is that not you being biased?

where is your proof that the media tells me how to thing?? i watch his actions. they speak for themselves. don't act like old card and just throw nothing but assumptions.

JasperDog94
11-04-2005, 11:17 PM
So, let's see if I've got this right Keith:

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is either:

a) a homer

or

b) totally mislead by the media and can't think for themselves

That about cover it?

HighSchool Fan
11-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

a) a homer

or

That about cover it?

that might just about cover it

3afan
11-05-2005, 06:00 AM
i think folks who likes the Eagles will try to make excuses for T.O. .... not everyone but i'd bet the majority of T.O. apologists are Eagle fams

and thats obvious ... thats the way fans are. if keith was a die hard Giants fan this thread would have died long ago IMO

big daddy russ
11-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

a) a homer

or

That about cover it?
As a former member of the media, I'm on Keith's side on this one. Read the whole interview before you decide. I feel like everyone just heard the one or two quotes and based the interview off of that.

It's funny, in my journalism class right now we're studying how unethical journalism sways the public's view, and this was one of the examples that one of the kids gave. Got an A for it, teach said this was the exact example she had for the class whenever she came in. Then brought us the official AP transcripts from many of T.O.'s past interviews and the parts of those that were reported by the media.

Like I said, I'm not a T.O. fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I've got nothing bad to say about this interview. Hey Keith, maybe one of these days everyone will actually do a little background research on the information they're fed instead of following the sheep... for their own sake.

3afan
11-05-2005, 09:04 PM
....Even though he is a guy who was once addicted to pain killers..

man, talk about a low blow ...... you lose a little respect for that on IMO

Rabbit'93
11-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
man, talk about a low blow ...... you lose a little respect for that on IMO
It's the truth though....

holy crap!! did I just side with Keith?:confused: :D

Chris Hart
11-06-2005, 01:01 AM
T.O. is a selfish player that only cares about T.O.. He says differently, but his actions and occasionally his mouth say just the opposite. He needs to remember the old saying " your walk talks more than your talk talks,a nd your walk talks the loudest. He's openly ripped his teammates, and the media didn't put any spin on that, I saw it and heard it with my own eyes and ears. If I was an owner, I can guarantee you I would've cut the jerk, the first time he ripped his teammates. That's the biggest detriment to a 'team' you can have is someone causing dissention. You expect it from the opposing team or even media to try and cause dissention, but to get it from someone inside your own locker room is a disgrace. I wouldn't care how good the guy is, and he is good, really good, but I wouldn't let the CANCER play on my team even if he offered to play for free. He's a shame to the whole sport of professional football!

CtownWR5
11-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Chris hart is exactly right. T.O. is poison. Plain and simple. You don't have to trust the media on this one. You can see for yourself. The guy is a complete j****** that does only what is in his best interest. This last escapade exemplifies that. Now the latest is he got into a fight with Hugh Douglas and challenged the rest of the locker room. He is now probably going to be done for the year. He made that nest, so now he can live in it. Good riddance jerk. He singlehandedly destroyed a championship team

Astrosdawg07
11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
I wonder what would happen if TO played under Sheriff Bill?

CtownWR5
11-06-2005, 09:41 PM
see " Antonio Bryant "

Astrosdawg07
11-06-2005, 09:43 PM
True true, but Bill has kept Keyshaun in line for the most part.

CtownWR5
11-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but surely you know that if Keyshawn ever does something that would jeopardize his team, he may get one get out of jail free card , but then after that he's out on his @$$.

CtownWR5
11-06-2005, 09:52 PM
I like KJ...I have never heard of him ripping a teammate to the media, even when he could have. ( but yes, I know his history)

spiveyrat
11-06-2005, 10:27 PM
:clap: Couldn't have happened to a better team! Bravo T.O.! Take a bow!!! :clap:

chs_#75
11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think folks who likes the Eagles will try to make excuses for T.O. .... not everyone but i'd bet the majority of T.O. apologists are Eagle fams

and thats obvious ... thats the way fans are. if keith was a die hard Giants fan this thread would have died long ago IMO

im a diehard cowboy's fan... and i still pull for TO... he is a great athlete who is passionate about everything he does... and he is good....