PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's Past Playoffs

Buccaneer
11-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I was not at this game but I remember reading about it and have forgot most of the details, but I am sure there is someone here you can fill in the blanks.

It was during Davenport's reign, Sinton found themselves behind by 1pt with only a few minutes to play. The other team had the ball and he did not think they had time to get the ball back, so Coach Davenport had Sinton let the other team score.

Who can fill in all the details?

swarm
11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Sinton was down by 7 against Hitchcock. The game was tied on penatrations and sinton was ahead on 1st downs. sinton let them score stop the 2 pt. try. Sinton Scored kick the extra pt. and won the game.

Sinton94
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by swarm
Sinton was down by 7 against Hitchcock. The game was tied on penatrations and sinton was ahead on 1st downs. sinton let them score stop the 2 pt. try. Sinton Scored kick the extra pt. and won the game.

All with less than a minute left! I remember all the fans leaving pissed off and then stopping at the rail as Sinton moved the ball down the field with short passes to the side line before scoring. Most of the fans still didn't know what was going on. It was one of the most unbeliveable games I've ever seen.:eek:

maroonpirate04
11-04-2005, 03:50 PM
I remember I wanted to go to that game, But at that time I was living in Uvalde:( I would keep with the games on the radio

Buccaneer
11-04-2005, 04:01 PM
What was the final score?

maroonpirate04
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
What was the final score?

I believe it was 19-19

Sinton94
11-04-2005, 05:15 PM
All Hitchcock had to do was run out the clock and the game was over. Our kids didn't understand why Davenport asked them to let them score but they did what was asked of them. The RB ran through our line and LB's like he was a stud and the coaches and kids went nuts. Then he went for two and it instead of going for one and making Sinton have to score and go for two for the tie. I don't think Hitchcock even knew what was going on until it was too late. I bet you that coach never did that again.:rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2005, 05:29 PM
lol....this sounds like a great game. I bet everyone there felt like they had just entered the twilight zone!:clap: :clap: :D