PDA

View Full Version : The Streak Continues........

Dogman_1969
11-04-2005, 08:24 AM
The Rockdale 8th grade Tigers finished out their JR High tenure with a 32-6 win over Caldwell last night at home. Caldwell didn't have a "B" team so the Tigers combined both. The Tiger "B" team played most of the 2nd half and scored on a sweep in the fourth quarter. The Caldwell TD came just before half with the Tiger "B" defense on the field.

Let me brag for just a second. I'm a proud father of #99 for the Tigers. He plays DE\TE and is on all the special teams. Last night he scored the first Tiger TD on a end around from the Hornet 15 yd line. He also had 10 or so tackles and a sack that made me feel sorry for the QB. He is my fantasy football player.....

The win closes out the Tiger season at 8-0 and their JR High record at 15-0-1. It was quite a run for the young Tigers and they have set a standard I hope to see continue.

The Streak Continues.............

CenTexSports
11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
I still think some of these boys started the first grade when they were ten years old. At least five of these boys could play for the Rockdale varsity. I saw #99 get aggrevated at being held in one game and he grabbed the other player around the helment and tossed him down like a toy. If they maintain this size differental until they are seniors, they will all be 6' 10" and weigh over 350 pounds.

They were an impressive team and should do well for Rockdale in the next few years.

Ranger Mom
11-04-2005, 09:10 AM
hey dogman!

that kid that pic in your signature is just an 8th grader????

44INAROW
11-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

The win closes out the Tiger season at 8-0 and their JR High record at 15-0-1. It was quite a run for the young Tigers and they have set a standard I hope to see continue.

The Streak Continues.............

Way to go Tigers :clap:

Dogman_1969
11-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes, Ranger Mom that is my 13 yr old son. He's about 6'2" but only weighs about 165 lbs. I'm very proud of him. He is a Christian first, a honor student and a good young man.

I hate to brag too much but I'm very proud of him.

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Congrats to the Tigers and to # 99. And Dogman, I haven't noticed you bragging too much. :)

Johnny Utah
11-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Do these young men play all sports??? They should do well in high school if they continue to work hard and develop as a team. Would be great if this class would contribute to the rise of the TIGER again!!!

Dogman_1969
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Hey Johnny Utah most play all sports. this year they had 48 on the 8th grade football team. About 35 played 7th grade basketball and most ran track.

Johnny Utah
11-04-2005, 12:19 PM
That is outstanding!!! Future is very bright in the Rock!!!

Dogman_1969
11-04-2005, 02:15 PM
The 8th grade players have proved to be pretty tough when playing against other JR High teams. But they are a long way from being ready for varsity.

Their time will come in a few years.

Good luck to all the Seniors tonight................

Johnny Utah
11-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Just hope they continue to get BIGGER, STRONGER, and FASTER!!!

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2005, 02:49 PM
The 8th grade players have proved to be pretty tough when playing against other JR High teams. But they are a long way from being ready for varsity.

Their time will come in a few years.

Good luck to all the Seniors tonight................

Congratulations to you and your son....enjoy every minute of it, because yes, he will be a senior in the blink of an eye.... :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

3afan
11-04-2005, 02:50 PM

I hate to brag too much but I'm very proud of him.

its your JOB !

Dogman_1969
11-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks to everyone. This is the oldest of my 2 sons. My youngest son will play in the Burleson County Youth Football League "Super Bowl" tomorrow night. He is on the Rockdale Tigers 3-4 grade team. They are 6-0 and have not given up a point all season. They are a gritty bunch with excellent parents as well.

This pee-wee team has another Brooks toting the mail. His dad played for TCU in the Wacker days. They also have a RISD coaches son at QB so the future is bright for a while.

And there is another Brooks in the 6th grade. Look for Rockdale to dominate the Hurdles in about 4 years.......................