PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Giddings (1st round D1 Play-offs)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
This game is set for next friday @ 7:30 in Bryan(Viking Stadium)
More on this one after week 10.

gobblerfan02
11-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I even wanna see the result of this one! What a first rounder!

powerranger
11-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Those buffs are stunning this year, they totally suprised us(sealy). I expect the young brahamas to fight their heart out, but i dont think they can pull off a victory in this game. But dont get me wrong, i would love bellville to win, I would hate for them to have such a great season and be knocked out in the first round. Good luck to both teams.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Giddings will be a tough first round, no doubt. The Brahmas are prety fired up, though. Glad it's close, I can give them some words of wisdom from the stands! Go Brahmas! But, first, one week at a time, take care of Rice tonight!

Dogman_1969
11-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I've seen both teams play this year and I'll have to go with the Brahma's on this one. I think Coach Valentine will have his defense slow down the Buff QB and that will be the difference.

Two excellent teams though and I'll be there.

Johnny Utah
11-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Bellville and Giddings scrimmaged earlier in the year, Bellville came out on top. Do not count the Brahmas out, they are GOOD!!!

Bull's-eye
11-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I was at that scrimmage. Giddings moved the ball up and down the field, completing to long drives in the controlled part of the scrimmage. Bellville did win the live scrimmage and had good success moving the ball. Both teams have come a long way and pre-season scrimmages don't really mean a whole lot. Bellville's defense will have to keep Gidding's offense from controlling the clock. Bellville's offense must take care of the ball using their strong running game and completing enough passes to keep the defense honest. I would like to see Bellville go with more high percentage passes, using the TE and some quick passes to #5. He has the ability to turn a short play into a huge gain or score.

HPLJ6L
11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Bellville is looking ahead to Buffs,
Rice kicks B'villes butt,
Buffs take advantage of the big mo,
Good Luck next year.

tortilla_man
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Bellville is looking ahead to Buffs,
Rice kicks B'villes butt,
Buffs take advantage of the big mo,
Good Luck next year.

i doubt they would over looking a team like rice who is undeafted and a game for the district championship!

more to come after tonights game!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Rice kicks Bellvilles butt? I thought Bellville won the game!!!!!
:thinking:

CheerMom
11-05-2005, 11:03 AM
If Bellville plays with the fire they had last night, then I see them winning this one.
Go, Brahmas!!! We will be cheering you on!! Play and travel safe.

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

ro_tex_solja
11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Giddings 42
Bellville 35

buffalo2006
11-06-2005, 08:40 PM
When we scrimmaged earlier in the year, during the controlled part the Giddings offense scored 7 times to Bellvilles 2. When they had the clock running and played game like we subed in and Bellville didn't, in fact the meat of the defensive line was not in b/c of injuries but they are better now. Get ready for a shootout. Both carrying momentum into the playoffs.

KL3
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
buffalo2006, your 7 to 2 score is incorrect. Here are the stats from the Bellville Times from the Giddings scrimmage. We all know a pre-season scrimmage doesn't mean anything, but I just thought I would throw the facts out there.

----Controlled Scrimmage---

-Giddings 1st team offense scores TD. 70 yds in 14 plays. 7 yd TD run by QB. converted 4 3rd downs on drive.

-Bellville 1st team offense scores TD. 9 yd TD pass to B. Harris.

-Giddings 2nd team offense scores TD. 70 yds in 10 plays. Converted 3 3rd downs on drive. 2 yd TD run.

-Bellville 2nd team offense reached Giddings 30 before running out of downs.

Giddings wins Controlled Scrimmage 14-7.

---Live Scrimmage (2 12min quarters)---

-1st Bellville series: 3 and out.

-1st Giddings series: take over on its 44. 38 yd TD run by QB with 8:58 left in quarter. missed EP.

-2nd Bellville series: Bellville drives down the field, fumbles on Giddings 6 yd line.

-2nd Giddins series: took over on own 6. Bellville recovers errant pitch on Giddings 17.

-3rd Bellville series: Cooper 1 yd TD run with 11:56 left in 2nd quarter. Bellville up 7-6.

-3rd Giddings series: Giddings goes 3 and out. punts from its own 30.

-4th Bellville series: took over on own 35. on first down, 50 yd pass to Chaney, brought down on Giddings 14. Bellville reaches Giddings 8 before fumbling. 2nd Bellville fumble inside Giddings 10 yd line.

-4th Giddings series: on first down, Giddings QB sacked in end zone for a safety. Bellville up 9-6.

-5th Bellville series: Cooper 5 yd TD run. 50 yds in 5 plays. Bellville up 16-6 with 6:50 left in 2nd quarter.

-5th Giddings series: Giddings has incomplete pass on 4th down on Bellville 28.

Bellville wins live scrimmage 16-6.

Controlled scrimmage stats:
Giddings: 13 rushes, 59 yds. 45 yds passing. (104 total yds)
Bellville: 11 rushes 35 yds. 58 yds passing (93 total yds)

Live scrimmage stats:
Giddings: 22 rushes, 121 yds. 6 yds passing (127 total yds)
Bellville: 22 rushes, 116 yds. 72 yds passing (188 total yds)

IHStangFan
11-07-2005, 12:34 PM
i'll be anxious to see the final on this one!

venomous tat2
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I gotta go with Bellville in this one for 2 reasons 1. Bellville has playoff savey, they know how to win,they expect to win,they find a way to win. I'm not taking anything away from Giddings they have a real good team as well,but when you've been there and done that it helps a lot. 2nd Bellville repsents D-20. Good luck to all the D-20 reps, Repsent us well make us all proud!!:clap: :clap:

rhs78
11-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Bellville wins this one. IMO They have size and great speed. If they get outside your containment they will score. their run defense is underrated to say the lest. This young team is very good and should go deep in the playoffs this year but next year they will have to be one of the favorites to win it all. Good luck to both teams and travel safe.

GO BRAHMAS

Sinton94
11-07-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm going with Bellville based on play-off exp. and tradition.
Good Luck Bellville!

hookandladder
11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Giddings by 7. QB runs for 220.

UPanIN
11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Scrimmage means nothing for either team... this is game one of the playoffs and Bellville wins by 20.

theyoefnshow
11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
they said the Giddings QB would break 200 on us as well. Take away his 70 yard TD run and he had 35 yards on the night.

fisher67
11-07-2005, 05:48 PM
My brother-in-law lives in Giddings. I talked to him this morning and he said that Bellville needs to stop the quarterback because he is fast. Giddings defense is also very quick. He told me that he felt that Giddings would have beat Cameron, but the coach quit on them. After a 20 - 0 lead, he was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Bellville is a team with fire and desire. they know that they are only one play away from an undefeated season. that was against Cameron(#3 in state). Bellville - 30 Giddings - 25

luiscnu
11-07-2005, 05:50 PM
I HOPE GIDDINGS CAN WIN THIS ONE,

I'M GOING WITH GIDDINGS BY A TD.

BrahmaDAD70
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I may be wrong but somewhere I heard Rice had a top 10
defense and the Bellville backs shreded them for over 325 yards.
Can Giddings top that? Also Bellville had 1 penalty for 7 yards
and a meaningless int. If they play like that it will be a long night
for the Buffs. Bellville 31 Giddings 24

Specklebelly
11-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Ive seen both teams play and I am taking Giddings. I was very impressed with Bellville's running game last week, but their passing game has been weak lately. They will have to make plays in the passing game to have a chance to beat a very good Giddings team.

BrahmaDAD70
11-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Weak, its been on life support the last 3 weeks.

yoemenkracker30
11-08-2005, 09:59 AM
giddings has a good run defense, one of the best i've seen this year, bellville's wasnt that bad early in the season, i'm sure they've picked it up in the later part of this season. i still say this game is too close to call

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Good stats KL3, I thought that guy was wrong also!

EAGLETOWN
11-09-2005, 03:35 AM
Coach and quarterback are my kin.

I'm going with the Buffs by 14.

:thumbsup: Eat'em up Brock and Coach Fitz! :thumbsup:

VOZS
11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
I can promise you Coach Fitzhenry did not quit on them during the Cameron game. He is one of the most intense and well prepared coaches I have ever had the pleasure of working with. There is no doubt he will have the Buffs ready for whatever Bellville throws at them. This is the 3rd time in 4 years that these two schools have met in bidistrict and Bellville has won in a walk all three times, but this is by far the best Giddings team of those 4. I have not seen either team and am not going to make a pick as to who will win but I do expect a very close hard fought game.

Go Buffs!!

sicem74
11-09-2005, 07:28 PM
if you cant stop jarmon or fitz then you dont win

Buffs 35 Brahmas 21

BrahmaDAD70
11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
if you cant stop jarmon or fitz then you dont win

Buffs 35 Brahmas 21

Lets see Cameron Beat Giddings 21-20
Bellville lost to Cameron with 20 secs. left in game.
How does that turn into a 14 point loss by Bellville?
Is Giddings 13 points better than Cameron?
I think not.

CheerMom
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Can I catch this game on the radio???

RoTex4Life
11-09-2005, 09:41 PM
i watched bellville and gonzales play during cuero's off week...#5 for bellville was awesome...he returned a punt all the way and bellville looked impressive..not unstoppable impressive but they looked good...lol..and idk much about giddings.....so i say bellville by 10...

BrahmaDAD70
11-09-2005, 09:42 PM
It will be on the radio but I dont think you will hear it in Altair.
It is being broadcast out of Brenham. 94.1 FM
I will be at the game on Friday CheerMom.

CheerMom
11-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
It will be on the radio but I dont think you will hear it in Altair.
It is being broadcast out of Brenham. 94.1 FM
I will be at the game on Friday CheerMom.

Thanks, I'll try to catch it, and I didn't think you would miss the game!!

buffalo2006
11-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I dont think a coach would ever give up on his own team, but when your starting quarterback, who owns the rushing title for central texas, and son has a mild concussion in the first half and your backup is a starter on defense and the kicker. Would you take him out especially when your playing a top ranked opponent. But thats not the only reason they lost yea they probably didn't execute every play like they were suppose to, but Coach Fitz never gave up on his team. So yea I think they are worth 13 points, and they lost in the last few minutes as well.

sicem74
11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
. So yea I think they are worth 13 points
hmmmmmm maybe not

Bellville22
11-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Tremendous first round matchup here. Both teams have tons of speed on both sides of the ball. Giddings brings a "thunder and lightning" type of attack with their option game. Their FB, Jarmon, is capable of punishing a defense all game while the QB, Fitzhenry, is very quick and capable of scoring on any given play. Their inability to throw the ball could present problems against an equally fast Bellville defense, they must stay balanced in the number of carries between Jarmon and Fitzhenry to play with the Brahmas. Defensively the Buffs are quick and pretty aggressive, they must stay disciplined or the Brahmas will hurt them.

Bellville, too, uses speed as it's biggest weapon both offensively and defensively. The Brahmas are loaded with ball carriers capable of changing a game. They can continue to give carries to fresh legs because of the number of athletes they have. They are capable of throwing enough to keep a defense honest, although the passing game has struggled the past few games. Bellville doesn't tend to have a problem with aggressive defenses that try to create chaos (Rice for instance). I see Giddings as a similar defense. For those of you who haven't seen the Bulls this year, keep an eye on WR/RB Brandon Harris, #5, this guy is lightning quick and has the ability to change the game in a heartbeat. Defensively the Brahmas are very fast. Their reletively small interior D will be tested against a big, physical back this week, however. Bellville has always been vulnerable against the pass, this year is no exception, but they catch a very run-heavy Giddings team this week.

I expect a very competitive game that will likely come down to the wire. I think Giddings inablility to throw the ball effectively and the depth Bellville has as far as athletes gives the Brahmas the advantage.

Bellville 27
Giddings 21

shellman54
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Both teams are very tough. I will put the spread at Bellville (-2 1/2)

theyoefnshow
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
if I had been able to see the Bellville/Cameron game I'd make a better prediction but like someone else said, when Giddings played Cameron 2nd half, it's like they played to protect their score and not add anything else to it. By the time they realized we were ahead, it was too late. They did take care of business first half and had their way w/ Cameron like no one else (not even bellville) has this season. IF that team shows up, I say Giddings. Their QB is good but he optioned the ball off to their other huge running back and he was their real workhorse that night. Just a bruiser. 3 or 4 yards a carry 4 times in a row equals 1st down after 1st down after 1st down. Where is this one being played at again?

Brahmasportsfan
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Bryan High Friday, 7:30

Brahma73
11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Bellville 31, Giddings 13

Too much ground game from the Bulls

Bull's-eye
11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Good luck to both teams and hoping for a great game! Go Bulls!!!

Brahma73
11-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Bellville22, look us up. I think we'll be there.

RoTex4Life
11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
so if giddings wins is this considered an upset or not...just wondering:D

Bellville22
11-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
so if giddings wins is this considered an upset or not...just wondering:D

Mild. I wouldn't call Bellville anything more than a 4 point favorite.

RoTex4Life
11-11-2005, 02:18 PM
oh ok i got gotcha...i didnt know how much they were favorites by

sicem74
11-11-2005, 06:34 PM
is there a radio station for this game??

ILS1
11-11-2005, 07:35 PM
G2 is going to the game. He's gonna keep me updated and I will try to post them when I get them. Same for the Liberty Hill/Lytle game. I'll keep in touch with LHPM!!

:D

rockdale80
11-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
Lets see Cameron Beat Giddings 21-20
Bellville lost to Cameron with 20 secs. left in game.
How does that turn into a 14 point loss by Bellville?
Is Giddings 13 points better than Cameron?
I think not.

Just goes to show that how two teams match up does not indicate how another two teams matchup. Cameron is better than Giddings by 1 point, and Giddings is better than Bellville by 14.

If you stick by your method then Bellville would have not even made it out of district because Hutto beat Giddings as well.

Nothing against Bellville at all. Congrats on having a heck of a season. I hear that the team is young, and will be turning lots of heads next year(atleast more than this year). Good luck and again Congrats on a good season.

Brahma73
11-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Bellville 31, Giddings 13

Too much ground game from the Bulls

My bad!:doh: