PDA

View Full Version : If the Truth Were Known...

Bullaholic
11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
about people on the DLow. I've seen posters be at odds over, towns, teams, players, records, coaches, traditions and game strategies and everything else from A to Z. But one truth always seems to prevail----when these folks finally meet at a game-- without fail-- they post and talk about what a "nice guy" or "nice gal" a certain poster is. I submit that we all are given to to a certain amount of "poetic license" and false "personna" when commanding the keyboard---but you know what?---when we come face to face---we all find out that we're really just "folks". I hope to have the distinct pleasure of meeting as many of you as I can during the coming playoff season--I know it will be my gain, despite your "alter" egos. Best of Luck to You and Your Teams.

Ranger Mom
11-03-2005, 11:04 PM
I agree 100%!!

Rainman
11-03-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree whole heartedly.

GWOOD
11-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
about people on the DLow. I've seen posters be at odds over, towns, teams, players, records, coaches, traditions and game strategies and everything else from A to Z. But one truth always seems to prevail----when these folks finally meet at a game-- without fail-- they post and talk about what a "nice guy" or "nice gal" a certain poster is. I submit that we all are given to to a certain amount of "poetic license" and false "personna" when commanding the keyboard---but you know what?---when we come face to face---we all find out that we're really just "folks". I hope to have the distinct pleasure of meeting as many of you as I can during the coming playoff season--I know it will be my gain, despite your "alter" egos. Best of Luck to You and Your Teams.

intrinscally philosophical

or for all you HOMIES out let's go with:

"True that"

AggieJohn
11-03-2005, 11:22 PM
i'm not as cocky as i sound

Bullaholic
11-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Yes, John, even you have been spoken of in kind terms by some posters who have met you. Mind you, you do require some "understanding" from time to time, but nothing beyond the capability of anyone who wants to give you a chance.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-03-2005, 11:30 PM
I agree with that Bullaholic.

gobblerfan02
11-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree 100%!!

I've met RM and I think she's da bomb! Not really, but she is a pretty kool kat!

SintonFan
11-04-2005, 12:53 AM
lol
I've met over 30 posters and they have all been nice folks. :)

NateDawg39
11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
I have had the chance to meet Bullaholic once but other things came up. and I was able to speak with him over the phone during the Decatur Bridgeport game. I am happy to say that he is a good person and knows alot!!! about football. I hope to meet others along the way.

Bullaholic
11-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I have had the chance to meet Bullaholic once but other things came up. and I was able to speak with him over the phone during the Decatur Bridgeport game. I am happy to say that he is a good person and knows alot!!! about football. I hope to meet others along the way.

Thanks Nate, but please don't let anyone from Bridgeport know that somebody in Decatur likes me.:D

Ranger Mom
11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I've met RM and I think she's da bomb! Not really, but she is a pretty kool kat!

Well heck....I wanted to be "da bomb":(

Thats okay though, I will settle for "kool kat!":p

Bubba-Joe
11-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Bubba Joe thinks you da Bomb
and
the Blonde Bombshell

for you young uns
being a
Blonde Bombshell is a good thing

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
i've met Bullaholic, PurpleFreddy, GSquared, Bandera YaYa and Manck, they're all awesome.

BULLDOGFAN
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Bandera Ya Ya was awesome?

Geez, you haven't seen her after a night at the 11 th street bar then have you?

Getting that girl settled down after a football game is kinda like Babtizing a Cat.

Ain't gonna happen.

catdad
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope to be able to meets some downlowers during playoffs.

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BULLDOGFAN
Bandera Ya Ya was awesome?

Geez, you haven't seen her after a night at the 11 th street bar then have you?

Getting that girl settled down after a football game is kinda like Babtizing a Cat.

Ain't gonna happen.

sometimes settling down for a night isn't a good thing...is it??

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Lol.....I have met alot of nice folks here and there a bunch I still hope to meet....

There are only a few that I would like to toss from the end of a pier into shark infested waters and who knows, given the opportunity to meet them, I might change my mind

nah....probably not!:thinking: :D

j/k....I find everyone on here unique and interesting in their own special way (even the ones I have thought best suited for shark bait);)

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
sometimes settling down for a night isn't a good thing...is it??

How would you know, Mr. in bed by 7:00 every night? :p ;)

HighSchool Fan
11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How would you know, Mr. in bed by 7:00 every night? :p ;)

one day last month, i stayed up until 7:30 :p

vet93
11-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Bullaholic...what you say is true not only for this message board...but also in other arenas of life. Most of the time...if people will come face to face and get to know one another on a one on one basis....you find that the other person is not quite the monster that we have made them out to be! Of course...there are also those who are just plain jerks and no amount of reason will help....fortunately, from my erperience those are few and far between.

handNthedirt
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I, too, look forward to meeting fellow Downlowers at this season's football playoff contests.

slpybear the bullfan
11-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks Nate, but please don't let anyone from Bridgeport know that somebody in Decatur likes me.:D

BUSTED!!!!

;)

Good people.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Or as goofy as you look I hope :D

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2005, 12:22 AM
maybe it is because I do not post on here as a follower of a team, but what you see on here is who i am in real life. Just a guy who likes to broadcast sports

mwynn05
11-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i've met Bullaholic, PurpleFreddy, GSquared, Bandera YaYa and Manck, they're all awesome. You have also met me, jason, and kyle but not 3afan since he had to go to virginia

FootballChik98
11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
maybe it is because I do not post on here as a follower of a team, but what you see on here is who i am in real life. Just a guy who likes to broadcast sports

Seeing as how you broadcast some of the Canton games, I'm glad you like doing it! :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2005, 01:38 AM
i am rad! everyone should meet me!!!

HighSchool Fan
11-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
You have also met me, jason, and kyle but not 3afan since he had to go to virginia

dang it, sorry i forgot about you guys. yall are awesome also.

3afan
11-07-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
........ 3afan since he had to go to virginia

blah :p