PDA

View Full Version : People with XBOX Live

Keith7
11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm sitting here installing it and of course I get 3 months free, but how much is it after the 3 months?? I can't find a price anywhere, and I surely don't want to give it my credit card info w/ out knowing

Adidas410s
11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I'm sitting here installing it and of course I get 3 months free, but how much is it after the 3 months?? I can't find a price anywhere, and I surely don't want to give it my credit card info w/ out knowing

for some reason I think it is 39.95 for a year. That is what it was when it initially launched. Sure makes me glad I have a PS2 where I can play the EA games for FREE!!! :D

Keith7
11-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
for some reason I think it is 39.95 for a year. That is what it was when it initially launched. Sure makes me glad I have a PS2 where I can play the EA games for FREE!!! :D

I have PS2 online as well, and if I get a sports game I make sure to get it for playstation, but I have been wanting to take my Halo 2 skills online

turbostud
11-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I have PS2 online as well, and if I get a sports game I make sure to get it for playstation, but I have been wanting to take my Halo 2 skills online

Dont bother Keith, my son played Halo 2 all summer and made it as high as a 45 but the cheating got out of hand and Bungie couldnt control it. He finnally just got fed up with it and quit all together.

Who?
11-03-2005, 06:09 PM
its about 50 a year, dunno how much a month. great deal of fun for 50 bucks though. as for the cheaters...well they are all high lvls b/c they cheat and so if you don't care about your level you can just have fun on lower level games.

Keith7
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info everybody.. Does anyone know if I can quit my subscription after the free 3 months??

football4life
11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the info everybody.. Does anyone know if I can quit my subscription after the free 3 months??

Yea you can end it after the free months. It's a great thing, if you have that kind of time. Or else it just sits there and you pay for it.

Keith7
11-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Yea you can end it after the free months. It's a great thing, if you have that kind of time. Or else it just sits there and you pay for it.

Sweet my friend's girlfriend works at EB-Games and can give me unlimited amounts of free 3 months cards

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 07:02 PM
$59.99 a year w/ auto renewal.
If you get the XBox 360 premium package, you get a year for free I believe. My subscription already goes til august so I'm set for a while. If your son really got to level 45 that's quite impressive as the highest in the world is a level 50....

Ranger05
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Dont bother Keith, my son played Halo 2 all summer and made it as high as a 45 but the cheating got out of hand and Bungie couldnt control it. He finnally just got fed up with it and quit all together. they should have fixed that already i know they reset the rankings

Ranger05
11-03-2005, 07:11 PM
keith what u ahve to do with 3 month subcription is u have to call xbox live and have them cancel it.

Ranger05
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
if u have any other question just PM me i did that 3 month deal once

SintonFan
11-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Sweet my friend's girlfriend works at EB-Games and can give me unlimited amounts of free 3 months cards
Even play Project Gotham Racing 2 or other games?:thinking: :D

Keith7
11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Even play Project Gotham Racing 2 or other games?:thinking: :D

Yea I have played a couple of times over at a friend's house and I sucked really bad at it.. I've never been too great at Racing games, but I'll whoop anybody at Madden

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I'll destroy you all at Halo or Battlefront.
Oh and the Burnout series = GREATEST RACING GAMES EVER

Anybody getting an XBox 360? Hopefully Gamecrazy does the midnight thing. That's where I reserved mine at. Pick up some Call of Duty 2 & Perfect Dark Zero. Madden '06 probably won't be too bad either....

SintonFan
11-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Yea I have played a couple of times over at a friend's house and I sucked really bad at it.. I've never been too great at Racing games, but I'll whoop anybody at Madden
Sorry I have Madden '05...:(

SintonFan
11-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

Anybody getting an XBox 360? Hopefully Gamecrazy does the midnight thing. That's where I reserved mine at. Pick up some Call of Duty 2 & Perfect Dark Zero. Madden '06 probably won't be too bad either....
Battlefront, huh? That's fun but I am getting tired of my 11 yr old kicking my butt!!!!:mad:

Who?
11-03-2005, 08:47 PM
pretty sure i can't whoop anyone's butt in any games...but i have fun trying!

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 09:24 PM
the new Battlefront came out on Tuesday and it's like any sequel to an already great game should be. More content and no drastic changes. Anytime I'm able to play as Darth Maul and can chop down some Republic Clone Troopers, I'm down w/ that :D

Ranger05
11-03-2005, 10:13 PM

Anybody getting an XBox 360? Hopefully Gamecrazy does the midnight thing. That's where I reserved mine at. Pick up some Call of Duty 2 & Perfect Dark Zero. Madden '06 probably won't be too bad either.... did u have xbox live and if so what was ur ranking mine was a 32 in team slayer and 29 in rumble pit

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 10:42 PM
before they had the mass reset I was a level 19 in rumble pit...not sure where in team slayer though as it's easy to build up. Since the reset I'm only at a 17 which is the equivalent of the original level 8 or 9 ish I think. Could get it higher but just started playin other stuff. Now when I do play Halo it's usually just team slayer. nothin like getting 30 + kills on your own and having a team full of retards that cause you to lose because they can't muster 6 or 7 kills on their own

Ranger05
11-03-2005, 11:08 PM
before they had the mass reset I was a level 19 in rumble pit...not sure where in team slayer though as it's easy to build up. Since the reset I'm only at a 17 which is the equivalent of the original level 8 or 9 ish I think. Could get it higher but just started playin other stuff. Now when I do play Halo it's usually just team slayer. nothin like getting 30 + kills on your own and having a team full of retards that cause you to lose because they can't muster 6 or 7 kills on their own yea i agree that does suck i hate it when i get on a team like that but i havent played halo 2 online since this summer i let my subscription run out cause i was just gonna wait till the xbox 360 comes out

Steer Fever
11-03-2005, 11:21 PM
someone add Haymez22 and we'll play some halo or Blitz league

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 11:33 PM
how is Blitz the League? I bought it & that new Tony Hawk about 2 weeks ago but haven't had time to play either one. (yeah I know I'm weird like that)

Steer Fever
11-03-2005, 11:35 PM
the league rocks man....can hardly put it down lol but i have for now...

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2005, 01:19 AM
if any one has a trial promotion they are not using, let me know..Mine were all expired after i bought the game :(

SintonFan
11-04-2005, 01:28 AM
I believe if anyone buys a new XBox live enabled game it comes with 3 months free, right?
If any of you can't tell my sig is a screen shot of PGR 3 for the XBox 360.:D

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I believe if anyone buys a new XBox live enabled game it comes with 3 months free, right?
If any of you can't tell my sig is a screen shot of PGR 3 for the XBox 360.:D

Only in special marked games..I got one, but the dang offer had already expired :(

SintonFan
11-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Only in special marked games..I got one, but the dang offer had already expired :(
Me too, I've bought most my games at Game Rush or EB Games 2nd hand to save some $.

jmcgee
11-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I have PS2 online as well, and if I get a sports game I make sure to get it for playstation, but I have been wanting to take my Halo 2 skills online I am the master at Halo2,all maddens, all ncaas.