PDA

View Full Version : Things Said In A Huddle...

Old QB
11-03-2005, 01:53 PM
It's obvious that many of us on 3A Downlow have played ball or currently playing. Thought it would be interesting/funny to post some of the comments/remarks we've said or heard in the huddle and/or on the field. Many folks think that just a play is called in the huddle...little do they know what's said sometimes between the players. (Like, hey, check out the chick on front row 50 yrd line - or man, I'm sick..I'm about to throw up that chili I had before the game)..hehe

Gobbla2001
11-03-2005, 01:56 PM
"That little sh$% doesn't know what's comin', take his @#$ to the ground..."

handNthedirt
11-03-2005, 01:57 PM
There are women and children in here.....are you trying to lure me into getting ROM'd??????

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
i ask my friends who play this same q-tion all the time and the most common i get is when they tackle someone they say"you better get used to laying on the turf"......as far as in the huddle the most common is "show them the shotgun.....(break them over and cock them"...................lol and inside joke from last school year with a teacher and a student.....

TPlinebacker53
11-03-2005, 02:05 PM
when we played sweetwater we talked a lot about seeing one of the cheerleaders bare @ss in the hudle

GreenMonster
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Next time they run sweep left somebody drill the ref over there. That guy is killing us.

whtfbplaya
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
I ain't runnin that ball you lismens isa stone trip.

BlueBlood
11-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I hope they run the sweep, I'm taking out that $%$#% coach.

handNthedirt
11-03-2005, 02:19 PM
talk about lame......is this is a pee-wee football thread?

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Ont he sideline of a game this year i got akick out of another teams play names. Stuff like Big Purple 42. Come on what is that a pee wee play? One of their kids after a interception by a teammate and the score 6-35 kept saying F them we can take em F em we can take em. Next series he left in an ambulance. He played the next week though. You cant leave on a stretcher then play the next week. There has to be something in the man code against that.

BrahmaDAD70
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
GIVE ME THE ROCK DAMIT !

BrahmaDAD70
11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Maybe if sombody would block we could get a first down.

Who let that F***ER go by HUH !!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ont he sideline of a game this year i got akick out of another teams play names. Stuff like Big Purple 42. Come on what is that a pee wee play? One of their kids after a interception by a teammate and the score 6-35 kept saying F them we can take em F em we can take em. Next series he left in an ambulance. He played the next week though. You cant leave on a stretcher then play the next week. There has to be something in the man code against that.

??Man code??:confused:

BrahmaDAD70
11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I was a lineman and belive me when something went wrong
it was the linemans fault. Ask any QB. No respect.
Yeah but do lineman get any love after a TD - nope.

AP Panther Fan
11-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
??Man code??:confused:

Strangely enough, I think I understand the "man code" thingy...as a matter of fact, I think it is pretty funny.

I guess when you are a guy, there is some unwritten list of things you should never do. :rolleyes: :D

handNthedirt
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
You cant leave on a stretcher then play the next week.

Injured, are you sure you weren't at a soccer game?

La Grange
11-03-2005, 03:10 PM
The funniest thing ever said in a huddle I was in was by the quarterback of the other team. I just hit the quarterback from Elgin pretty decent, he got up stumbled around, came into our defensive huddle and said, "Whoa guys...I...I think I don't know where I am." We all looked at him than looked at the refs and told them that we think he shouldn't play anymore.

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
this team ought to play soccer. They might have a better shot.

Man code is simple. There are just certain things Men are not SUPPOSED to do.

Say watching an episode of Oprah iwnfrey that doesnt have a Sports Figure or Action Movie star on it is a violation of man code.

Talkin to another man that you do not know in the restroom. VIOLATION!

Touching another man anywhere on his body while he is in his underwear. VIOLATION VIOLATION!

Laying on the field for more than 60 seconds and returning to the game the same series. VIOLATION

Leaving the game in an ambulance and playing the next week?? MAN CARD REVOCATION!!!

handNthedirt
11-03-2005, 03:19 PM

Say watching an episode of Oprah iwnfrey that doesnt have a Sports Figure or Action Movie star on it is a violation of man code.

Touching another man anywhere on his body while he is in his underwear. VIOLATION VIOLATION!

Laying on the field for more than 60 seconds and returning to the game the same series. VIOLATION

Leaving the game in an ambulance and playing the next week?? MAN CARD REVOCATION!!!

TRUE
TRUE
TRUE
TRUE

AP Panther Fan
11-03-2005, 03:23 PM

LMAO.........

There are alot of things the ladies here could probably add to this list....

crying (only permitted for death in immediate family)
asking for directions (if you must stop, send the wife in to ask)
enjoying "Steel Magnolias"

you are such complicated creatures:rolleyes: :D

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I need to write a Man Code book. I am calling the guys at work on Violations daily.

AP Panther Fan
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I need to write a Man Code book. I am calling the guys at work on Violations daily.

http://www.gifs.net/animate/anicop.gif

lol....guess someone has to do it:nerd: :D

WitchyWoman
11-03-2005, 04:18 PM

INJURED !!! ROFLMAO !!! I SWEAR I NEEDED THAT. YOU ABSOLUTELY KILL ME - U R 2 FUNNY :clap: :clap: :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2005, 04:43 PM
RB once said "hey we are gonna score on this next play, so f------ block someone"

XWylieMom
11-03-2005, 05:00 PM
INJURED!!!!! LMBO

crabman
11-03-2005, 05:33 PM
The funniest thing ever said in a huddle I was in was by the quarterback of the other team. I just hit the quarterback from Elgin pretty decent, he got up stumbled around, came into our defensive huddle and said, "Whoa guys...I...I think I don't know where I am." We all looked at him than looked at the refs and told them that we think he shouldn't play anymore.

LaGrange! Where the heck have you been? I was beginning to wonder if you would ever post again.

shellman54
11-03-2005, 06:31 PM
On kickoff team, we had right, left, and middle. Or we were supposed to. The kicker would come to the huddle, scream "Ape $***, ape $***. Ready, break!!!!!"

ro_tex_solja
11-03-2005, 06:53 PM
when chubbed up broke the first down marker in gonzales, everyone was tellin him he had a pole stuck up his @$$... the cuero huddle is usually just a bunch of geeks making fun of each other

GreenMonster
11-03-2005, 06:57 PM

Dude, you forgot one. Any man caught WATCHING Steel Magnolia's. AUTOMATIC REVOCATION OF MAN STATUS ALLTOGETHER.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-03-2005, 07:35 PM
"Shut the h*ll up!! Oh sh*t, now what was the play?"

BIFF
11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Can we take all the timeouts now?
I think it was a bad idea to wear a cup?
I thought you were going to do one of these!?

hey your wearing my shoe.

oh yeah?! My mom can beat up your mom!

Old Dog
11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Our Tailback was getting hammered pretty bad. In the huddle the QB called for him to run a dive off tackle. The Tailback quickly said "don't give me the ball, they've got my number"! Sure enough, he got hammered again and came back to the huddle looking out the earhole of his helmet.

Boosty_Hondo
11-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Last year our center came up to me and said "Pop my arm back into place cause i just disslocated it"

3&2count
11-03-2005, 09:46 PM
,.............you are not it.
Oh the Full back gets the ball and gets his A$$ handed to him this series.

Get the punt team ready.

sicem74
11-03-2005, 09:48 PM
they aint $*** lets go!

bulldogbark
11-03-2005, 10:03 PM
every huddle up to half time the WR states "hey throw the ball to me I am wide open" so you do , he is, he drops the ball nothing else is said by him in the huddle

BrahmaDAD70
11-03-2005, 10:12 PM
HUDDLE UP !
The guys are huddled up and one says......
"Hey did you see the Flag Picture on 3ADL last night.
Yeah I wonder what she was wearing under that flag.
READY BREAK !

WOS1
11-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh this is a GREAT topic... this is one I'll never forget.

1983- WO-S 12, defending 5A state champion West Brook 0.

Approximately 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. All state DB for West Brook (and Alabama recruit) Johnny Norwood comes in on offense.

Me: "Dee Dee (our cornerback), Norwood just came in the game. They are going to throw to him. Don't you f**king let him get behind you!! If you have to, tackle his a$$.

Dee Dee: " I got this, don't be sweatin me, just worry about yourself"

83 yard TD pass to Norwood, WO-S 12, WB 6.

Me: " Dee Dee! What the f**k??"

Dee Dee: "Man, I tried as hard as I could. I ran as fast as I could and he still ran right past me and I couldn't even grab him. That's one fast a$$ white boy!!!"

We still laugh about that one.

La Grange
11-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I really have a lot of funny football stories...our football team has always put a good time first football second.

Sam Gunn, the quarterback for TCU's brother, just came into the game for the first time in a couple of weeks due to a dislocated shoulder. He came in yelling to the other team, I believe it was hutto, "Daddies back! Daddies Back, and I am going to whoop your motherf***ing a**!"
Well the next play they through a little screen and Sam makes a blistering tackle and the whole defense is all over him yelling and congradulating. We all expected Sam to jump up and say something worthy of him, but he came up with tears in his eyes and said, "Oh f**k tell coach I am done for. I think I broke the whole god damn thing this time."