PDA

View Full Version : Heart Break!!

jakarta101
11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Whats the most heart breaking loss that you have endured or witnessed......

SnyderMom
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Da Donk Di Donk

2004 Quarterfinals

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
for sweetwater fans i think its obvious....

jakarta101
eleborate.....

SnyderMom
Originally posted by sweetwater07
for sweetwater fans i think its obvious....

no hard feelers okay...???

WitchyWoman
11-03-2005, 01:25 PM
REALLY REALLY hoping for a

REPEAT !!!! :D

GOOOOO TTTIIIGGGEEERRRSS !!!:kiss:

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 01:25 PM
our kicker missed the field goal to make it 21-20 with 34 secs. left in the game....we kick an onside and one of our players get a penalty called on him that changed it from our possession to snyders and they kneeled to keep the final score 21-20.........we broke for a 78 yard run by jeremy thompson the 2nd play of the game and then fumbled it on like the 13 yard line .......our coaches decide to run the option around the outside on 4 and 1 to the goal instead of giving it to the fullback averaging 7 yrds. a carry that night...we fail to convert and don't put any points on the board..........should have won if better choices by the coaches would have taken place but no excuses...snyder came to play and we didn't

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
REALLY REALLY hoping for a

REPEAT !!!! :D

GOOOOO TTTIIIGGGEEERRRSS !!!:kiss:

you had better focus on that first round game against monahans!!!...then start to worry about sweetwater ........:D :D

SnyderMom
11-03-2005, 01:27 PM
[i] no excuses...snyder came to play and we didn't [/B]

I am very impressed to hear that from YOU

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
I am very impressed to hear that from YOU

lol......its the truth....i'll give credit when deserved!!!.....dang mom don't make me sound like a whiner

SnyderMom
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
lol......its the truth....i'll give credit when deserved!!!.....dang mom don't make me sound like a whiner

well don't act like 90% of the time. lol hehehe:D

mustang04
11-03-2005, 01:32 PM
our kicker missed the field goal to make it 21-20 with 34 secs. left in the game....we kick an onside and one of our players get a penalty called on him that changed it from our possession to snyders and they kneeled to keep the final score 21-20.........we broke for a 78 yard run by jeremy thompson the 2nd play of the game and then fumbled it on like the 13 yard line .......our coaches decide to run the option around the outside on 4 and 1 to the goal instead of giving it to the fullback averaging 7 yrds. a carry that night...we fail to convert and don't put any points on the board..........should have won if better choices by the coaches would have taken place but no excuses...snyder came to play and we didn't

dont let a coach know who u are...u might be runnin some figure 8's haha

Black_Magic
11-03-2005, 01:34 PM
our kicker missed the field goal to make it 21-20 with 34 secs. left in the game....we kick an onside and one of our players get a penalty called on him that changed it from our possession to snyders and they kneeled to keep the final score 21-20......... one corection... On the onside kick. the ball was kicked high in the air short to one of our guys. He waved for a fair catch and was hit while waiting for the ball( something Sweetwater didnt anticipate when they kicked the ball so high). penalty flag was thrown. end of game after taking the knee.

sweetwater07
no kidding^^^^......i don't play football but athletes in general have to run for being on this site!!!

SnyderMom
Originally posted by mustang04
dont let a coach know who u are...u might be runnin some figure 8's haha

he doesn't even play football

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
one corection... On the onside kick. the ball was kicked high in the air short to one of our guys. He waved for a fair catch and was hit while waiting for the ball( something Sweetwater didnt anticipate when they kicked the ball so high). penalty flag was thrown. end of game after taking the knee.

didn't remember what exactly happened but i know a penatly was called on us.....either way......better hope we don't see yall this year in the playoffs.....LOL............i think we would draw a crowd from every which direction after last years game...

WitchyWoman
11-03-2005, 01:41 PM
you had better focus on that first round game against monahans!!!...then start to worry about sweetwater ........:D :D

Sweetie don't put the horse before the cart ok.... We will be ready for whoever we play be it Greenwood or Monahans.
:rolleyes:

PS WHO SAID WE WERE WORRIED ABOUT S'WATER ?????????
:confused: :nerd: :confused:

jakarta101
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
someone was TOLD....

sweetwater07
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
i really hope yall win...its not that i want yall to lose but i don't see a bright horizon for yall when it comes to the first round match up.......i would love to see another quarterfinals game this eyar....just somewhere other than that rathole in big spring!!!............best of luck to yall

zeus63
11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Senior year ('97 season), 3 seconds to in the game against San Angelo Lake View. Score is 25-20. We are on the 2 1/2 yard line going in to score on the last play. We run an end around and the tailback gets stopped, no kidding, 2 inches from scoring. That game lasted over 3 hours.

44INAROW
11-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by jakarta101
Whats the most heart breaking loss that you have endured or witnessed......

On the witnessing side it's a toss-up between losing 12-6 to SLC 1993 for the Championship (it was my son's Senior year) or the loss to Wylie in the last few seconds in 2004. But the most heartbreaking to endure has to be the state game against Ennis in 1975, breaking the 44 game streak :( One comment I make after reading this post, We have lost to some top-notch teams. I feel proud to be in their company :)

Ranger Mom
11-03-2005, 02:36 PM
The double overtime State Championship game in 2002 between Greenwood Rangers and Bandera Bulldogs!

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
I've seen a few, but a couple really affected me personally so were that much worse.

2002, Burnet vs LH for the district championship & my oldest son's Sr. season. Both teams were 9-0. (History: 2001 LH was 5-5; previously for YEARS qualified for other folks homecoming game. :( ) At least 6500 were at our stadium (holds 2500). We got spanked, 42-7. The one bright moment was when we did manage to score. The boys were so excited they made a huge pile in the endzone....and yes, we did get a celebration penalty, but it was worth it.

2002 playoffs, Yoakum vs LH in round 2. I won't go into all the gory details, but when the game was over, there could not have been a doubt in ANYONE's mind at the game the reason we lost 21-27. I still can't watch the tape without crying. :(

eagles_victory
11-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Fairfield vs Bellville in 2002. We were up 7-3 left with like 6 minutes in the game I believe and we are on our own 20 and we ran a speed option out of shotgun and our running back fumbled the pitch Bellville got on it. They scored a touchdown on that drive to go up 10-7. We drive down the field and get to the 6 yard line. We have 3 running backs getting about 8 yards a carry that year. We elect to pass the ball which wasnt a bad call because we got down the field passing. We have an open reciever in the end zone but the ball is a little underthrown and behind him and the Bellville kid makes a great play to get the int. That play is still talked about regularly to this day. We get the ball back get a 40 something yard field goal attempt and miss the field goal as time expires. Bellville wins 10-7. We went from 0-10 the previous season to 11-2 that season. That loss stung for a while. Many people say we could of won state that season but we will never know. It was the third round of the playoffs.

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Midland HS vs Judson HS

Adidas410s
11-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Midland HS vs Judson HS

true...true...

Last year's Wylie/Snyder game was pretty bad with Wylie up 23-6 at half. Now granted Snyder had the 1st and goal on the Wylie 1 and didn't get in and another time 1st and goal inside the 5. They came out of those 3 posessions with only 6 points which was big for the Wylie defense. The 2nd half was just heart breaking because Wylie had almost 300 yards of offense in the 1st half but maybe 70-80 yds in the 2nd half...absolutely NOTHING worked where as EVERYTHING had worked in the 1st half. It was depressing to watch to be honest. Yeah losing my senior year to Gatesville 14-10 with an INT at the goalline to end our drive trying to win the game...that was terrible and VERY sad but not just flat out depressing where you saw a team just completely blow it!

DaHop72
11-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Sweetwater\Snyder 1989 Snyder poised to win for the first time after 10 loses stop Sweetwater at the one, leading 13-12. Needing only to take a knee the QB and WR decide they want to run up the score try a fake and run a short out and up. Sweetwater safety steps in front of pass and takes it in for the score, final 18-13.

SnyderMom
11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Midland HS vs Judson HS

Yeah that was bad too, that was in 2002 for the state championship right??

Adidas410s
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
Yeah that was bad too, that was in 2002 for the state championship right??

yes mam it was...

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
i dont think it gets more depressing than that... 51 years of no playoffs... or something like that... and then BAM! into the State Championship and you blow it as time runs out....

SnyderMom
11-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yes mam it was...

I remember that clearly. I lived in Odessa at the time and watched it on the TV while prego with my first son...needless to say I puked when the game was over...I don't even know why...My maiden name is Judson though!! lol

lobo12
11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
sweetwater07 you cant blame that loss on the coaches or on one play, there is a whole game to be played and i guarantee you they didnt run that play tryin to get stopped, if he would have gave it to the full back and he got stuffed u would be saying why didnt we use our speed and run the option, give him a break id say he has done a good job for your program