PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Women's Soccer Tournament Wednesday Results and my account of the day! :)

PhiI C
11-03-2005, 12:03 PM
A great day indeed as I hit the road about 9 A.M. and got there in time to watch the No. 1 seeded Lady Aggies beat No. 8 seeded Missouri 3 to 1 in a great close match. Missouri probably could have held it to a 2 - 1 loss but since they were behind with less than two minutes they had to gamble and bring their goalie out away from the goalie and the Lady Aggies were able to penetrate and get one more goal with about a minute to play. But it did show that the teams were evenly matched.
The next game at 1:30 P.M. had No. 5 seeded Kansas vs No. 4 seeded Nebraska and it was an interesting game. My family had came with me and decided to take a great till 6 P.M. and go to movies and shopping leaving me alone till after dark since they were mainly interested in the Lady Horns. Nebraksa won another tough game 3 - 1. This game ended at 3:30 P.M. and there was a break till 5:30 P.M. for the third game so I walked around the stands and visited with a few other folks that decided to wait the two hours.
At 5:30 P.M. the No. 2 seeded team played No. 7 seeded team which were Colorado vs Oklahoma respectively. Oklahoma fans were really out there and yelling. Colorado won 3 to 0. When Colorado got the second goal Sooner kind of quieted down. lol
Then at about 7:40 the game were really waiting for started as the Texas Lady Horns (no. 6 seed) meet Iowa State (no. 3 seed) and this was the best match of the day. Iowa State was the team that really had the momentum in the conference as they had won their last several games including a 2 - 0 win against Nebraska in Nebraska! :eek: Plus one of UT's forwards is out for the rest of the year with an ankle injury but will still be back for two more years. In the first half Texas completely dominated and had several opportunitys to score but they finally got one. The second half though was dominated by Iowa State even though we had several chances to get an insurance goal. Our defense though strongly challened held on for the shut out and our goalie made several close saves to preserve the win.
The winners advance to the semis on Friday with Texas A&M against Nebraska at 4:40 P.M. and Texas vs Colorado at 6:30 P.M.
These four teams for sure will no doubt get invited to the NCAA finals as in the past and probably Kansas and Iowa State will too.
If you don't have a football game you can attend these games for just $5.00!! :)
I was able to meet some of the UT parents at the game including a poster from Horns Fans which was great. I had a sign made up and the parent introduced me to her daughter who took the sign to the team. The only complaint I had was that there should have been more that 656 fans that went to see UT play. :( However, more should be there Friday.

More great news. I found out that San Antonio Blossom field has had the contract extended to host the Big 12 Women's Soccer Tournament until 2009! Great News indeed!! :)

Finally after getting autographs from the Lady Horns and getting the family fed and driving by and seeing the Alamo at night I got home around 1:45 A.M. this morning and went to bed for a well deserved sleep and rest. A great day indeed that I wish more of you could have shared! :)

PhiI C
11-03-2005, 12:06 PM
This is UT Goalie Dianna Pffenninger who played a great game last night to help UT beat Iowa State.

http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/pfenninger_110205_300.jpg

fury900
11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
:clap:

pirate4state
11-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Sounds like you & your family enjoyed a great day!!! :clap: I'm glad you took the time off to do something you ENJOY!!! That is what LIFE is all about!! Take the time to stop and smell the roses or in this case ... the soccer field!!! :thumbsup: