PDA

View Full Version : New day new Poll.. What would you rather???

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 08:20 AM
What would you rather happen??

Black & Gold
11-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Whatever my child wants to do, I hope they are very good at it and are happy.........But who am I kidding, I want my kids to be the stud athlete.

lostaussie
11-03-2005, 09:02 AM
i guess i could learn to like any school that will give my kid a free ride :)

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 09:05 AM
I am very impressed with the results so far.

jakarta101
11-03-2005, 09:08 AM
sometimes you gotta look at the bigger picture......their future

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 09:21 AM
exactly. While I would miss the rooting them on i would rather them be successful in whatever field they choose.

My daughter who is 7 has almost 0 interest in sports. She wont be valedictorian either im afraid because she has inherited her mothers common sense and reasoning(not good). She has tried basketball for one season and we are going to try again this year. She didnt even hit the rim until ther last game of the season when she went off for 10 ponts in a 26-10 defeat. Maybe she figured it all out at the end of last season ands it will carry over. I am going tocoach her this year so maybe I can get more out of her.

Her brother, my son for you non thinkers, is mentally disabled. He loves nothing more than sports. If football is on tv he has his UT helmet and football on and ready. Basketball is on he has his basketball, same with baseball and soccer. He can actually shot the basketball pretty well at age 5. He will be tall, 6'4" or so they predict. When we go to an arcade that has the dual basketball goal games he kicks his sisters butt. He is fairly strong for his age and wants nothing more than to tackle everyone he sees. It is wishful thinking for me to assume that he might one day participate in a team atmosphere at the high school level but he will try and I will back him and go to bat for him the whole way.

So I guess in summation I simply wish my kids the best in whatever they choose. AS long as they work hard at it and dedicate themselves to being as good as they can at what they choose then Im happy.

I would have another but hell that will just be more child support ill have to pay down the road.. lol