PDA

View Full Version : What is the hardest district

VINCE4HEISMAN
11-02-2005, 10:56 PM
What do you think is the hardest district to make the playoffs is? Mine would have to be Snyder, Merkel, Wylie, Sweetwater, and Clyde. Merkel and Clyde dont have any shot of making playoffs with the coaching methods that they have at those schools.

wildstangs
11-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by VINCE4HEISMAN
What do you think is the hardest district to make the playoffs is? Mine would have to be Snyder, Merkel, Wylie, Sweetwater, and Clyde. Merkel and Clyde dont have any shot of making playoffs with the coaching methods that they have at those schools.

Coaching methods? I think it has more to do with Merkel and Clyde playing against the big dogs.

Rainman
11-02-2005, 10:59 PM
A hard district must include teams that are highly challenging to the schools going into the playoffs. Should 4-3A have another team capable of winning then it might be the hardest.

smustangs
11-02-2005, 10:59 PM
What do you think is the hardest district to make the playoffs is?

then if u think merkel and clyde dont stand a chance then 4-3a wouldnt be the hardest to make the playoffs in sry man im not tryin to hate but thats just what i read out of it

Rainman
11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I believe the hardest district should include someone who should make the playoffs but will miss out.
If Merkel and Clyde were in other districts they would have little hope of making the playoffs.

smustangs
11-02-2005, 11:02 PM
exactly thats what i was tryin to say thank you

AJ_2005
11-02-2005, 11:21 PM
if we were talking about 2 a it would be 31-AA hands down but in 3a thats a tough question

Stownhorse
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Whoever puts the districts together would have to be comotose and half retarded to put 4 outstanding teams in uno district. IDK where you are going to find one of those districts do lets drop that subject.......What if we were talking about an outright district title.....what district would be the toughest???

bulldogman06
11-02-2005, 11:50 PM
district 27 is real tough, we could have made playoffs in most of the other districts (maybe not the sweetwater abilene snyder one) but we got beat by Liberty Hill, Wimberly, and Llano, who was surprisingly a very good offensive team mimicking Liberty Hills Offense.

Chris Hart
11-03-2005, 12:01 AM
19-3A

smustangs
11-03-2005, 01:05 AM
now if were going hardest to win it outright i would have to say 4-3a "the big three" are very tough to beat two of em' is not easily done just look at the last 2 yrs and all the teams that have played em' im sure lakeview could attest to this haha

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
19-3A
That's the one. 8 teams that most years any of the teams could be in.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2005, 06:22 AM
16-3A is the hardest when u look at the play-off chances. Every team but one is still playing for a spot on the last night.

Toughest district is not just the top teams, but the whole district top to bottom IMO

3afan
11-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
... Toughest district is not just the top teams, but the whole district top to bottom IMO

exactly, some cant seem to grasp that idea !!!! :cool:

Dogman_1969
11-03-2005, 08:25 AM
The only 8 team district in the state. Cameron, Giddings, Caldwell, La Grange, Rockdale, Manor, Smithville and Hutto. This year it comes down to the last game of the year, Cameron @ Hutto for the district title. Good luck to both teams. Both will represent the district along with Giddings.

jakarta101
11-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Wylie's district is my pick...there are 3 teams who all are very capable of takin home the trophy

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 09:26 AM
yeah what jakarta said. Last year it was probably the toughest district. Wylie in the title game and Snyder one game short with Sweetwater making it to the quarters losing to Snyder.
This year the 8 teamer might be the tops in the state.

Black_Magic
11-03-2005, 09:33 AM
16-3A is the hardest when u look at the play-off chances. Every team but one is still playing for a spot on the last night.

Toughest district is not just the top teams, but the whole district top to bottom IMO If you stick any district 16 teams into district 4 , do any make playoffs??? If not that settles that..

BIFF
11-03-2005, 09:40 AM
19-3a the tops
first - 8 teams
second- records of those teams including playoff appearances
third - strength
sure alot of other districts play and go to state and yayyy they win
but IMO never have been really challenged
based on what you ask?
well the fact that 19-3a beats itself up before we even touch the playoffs.
the only team i think could hang is the liberty hill panthers
what about wimperly? well i really dont think you beat the panthers, just got by when 2 of the heads where a little under the weather. does that make them really great? nah
but back to 19-3a
we need to step it up start challenging 5a schools maybe even some jucos to get us ready for the play offs
:rolleyes: for all the wa boys
:hand: for all the prop 2 kids
:kiss: love ya

lostaussie
11-03-2005, 09:42 AM
i know the weakest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gilmer buckeyes 209, rest of district 26. if that don't impress you, check this out. friday night, 2-6 pittsburg plays 1-8 sabine for the third and final playoff spot. wow, good luck fellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
If you stick any district 16 teams into district 4 , do any make playoffs??? If not that settles that..

I dont know..if u stuck district 4 teams into 16-3A, would any of them make the play-offs?

The question was which is the hardest district, not which district has the best three teams. In fact a a hard district might be a district of teams while not great, all are at about the same level of competition making for a weekly fight inside the district.

Case in point 14-3A

Right now there are about 10 diff scenarios for the play-offs. Does that mean every team in that district could win state? no..but it makes for a hard district

In fact one team is playing for district title this weekend, but if the lose they could be out of play-offs

A hard district IMO is not one where three great teams only battle for who wins district.

If the question was what district will advance more teams deeper into the play-offs then 4-3A would be one of them. but the question was what district is the toughest to MAKE the play-offs from. 4-3A has the big three, and no surprises

yoemenkracker30
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by BIFF
19-3a the tops
first - 8 teams
second- records of those teams including playoff appearances
third - strength
sure alot of other districts play and go to state and yayyy they win
but IMO never have been really challenged
based on what you ask?
well the fact that 19-3a beats itself up before we even touch the playoffs.
the only team i think could hang is the liberty hill panthers
what about wimperly? well i really dont think you beat the panthers, just got by when 2 of the heads where a little under the weather. does that make them really great? nah
but back to 19-3a
we need to step it up start challenging 5a schools maybe even some jucos to get us ready for the play offs
:rolleyes: for all the wa boys
:hand: for all the prop 2 kids
:kiss: love ya

i like what he's saying, its very true. combined record of all three teams going into the playoffs this year from the district, 24-3 and believe me, none of these teams are pushovers, Giddings (7-2,4-2) possess one of the best offenses in the area and could probably win the race in alot of the other districts since they lost to both Cameron and Hutto by a combined score of 9, the championship comes down this Friday in Hutto, another one of those game of the week matchups. Cameron (9-0, 6-0) @ Hutto (8-1, 6-0).....should be a great matchup, good luck to both teams

Black_Magic
11-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Clyde makes playoffs in most other districts... thats makes 4 good teams. toughest district would be the toughest to make the playoffs in. not much els matters

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Clyde makes playoffs in most other districts... thats makes 4 good teams. toughest district would be the toughest to make the playoffs in. not much els matters

Your right about the last part..but when the top three teams only lose to each other and beat everyone else, IMO that does not make it the toughest district as far as who goes to the playoffs.

A tough district is one where u have no clue week-to-week who wins. again I point to 14-3A..here are their records

LE 3-1
Jefferson 3-1
D'Field 2-2
Atlanta 2-2
New Boston 2-2
PG 0-4

that to me is a tough district to make the play-offs.

not one team is unbeaten in district play. EVERY week there has been a *** game.

Black_Magic
11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
If you look at Jerrys picks and rankings and add it all up for each district. District 4 has an average of 147.43 if all 5 teams are averaged... If you take District 14 and do the same It comes to 143.24 average for the 6 teams. I doubt if any of District 14s teams if transplanted into 4 if any would be playing football after this week. Not a dig at all but just an observation. District 4s top three teams have an avreage raiting of 160.5. The highest raited team from district 14 is Daingerfield with 148.41. Its just one site but has a scientifict method of ranking them.

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM

Okay I cannot believe I am doing this but I am agreeing with Blackie.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2005, 10:44 AM
again..the question was not which districts have the best team, or which district will have the most teams go deeper into the play-offs.

The question was which district is it tougher to make the play-offs out of.

4-3A has went according to plan, top three teams all beating everyone else, and the beating each other.

14-3A has 5 out of 6 teams still with a shot to make it

I think we are discussing two seperate issues.

I am not talking about the best district, I am talking about from top to bottom the most competitive

Black_Magic
11-03-2005, 10:47 AM
again..the question was not which districts have the best team, or which district will have the most teams go deeper into the play-offs.

The question was which district is it tougher to make the play-offs out of.

4-3A has went according to plan, top three teams all beating everyone else, and the beating each other.

14-3A has 5 out of 6 teams still with a shot to make it

I think we are discussing two seperate issues.

I am not talking about the best district, I am talking about from top to bottom the most competitive Most copetitive = Most Evenly matched. your probably right about that. I was just going on "Toughest District" over all.. I see what you mean now.

BootLegNumber5
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
hey, hey, hey!!! you guys got it all wrong....10-3a is the toughest district.......................hahaha, just kidding....75% of the teams in the district will make the play offs.......it makes you feel kind of bad for the ONE team that doesn't make it though....

Crimestick
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
What if there's a district full of nothing but teams that would be the b*#ch of any other district? Would that qualify?

NateDawg39
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Whoever puts the districts together would have to be comotose and half retarded to put 4 outstanding teams in uno district. IDK where you are going to find one of those districts do lets drop that subject.......What if we were talking about an outright district title.....what district would be the toughest???
Its not like they consider JUST football teams together...there is more to realignment than football. next year could be the same teams...so dont think realignment is football only related

LE FAN
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
If you look at Jerrys picks and rankings and add it all up for each district. District 4 has an average of 147.43 if all 5 teams are averaged... If you take District 14 and do the same It comes to 143.24 average for the 6 teams. I doubt if any of District 14s teams if transplanted into 4 if any would be playing football after this week. Not a dig at all but just an observation. District 4s top three teams have an avreage raiting of 160.5. The highest raited team from district 14 is Daingerfield with 148.41. Its just one site but has a scientifict method of ranking them. You are missing the point bu rest assure District 14 is hard ot get off. As far as putting any of them in Distict 4 and them doing anything. I would say there are 3 or 4 teams in District 14 they would mess up District 4. Now dont get all upset I didnt say win District 4 i said mess it up make it much harder to get out of. You mentoned Jerry's numbers we have 3 or 4 that have been up around your 160 cutoff until we beat each other up.Then he drops them back about 10-15 points when they lose.I have said for years go check my posts 4 & 14 are two of the best in Tx but then again 27 is not bad either.

handNthedirt
11-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Southland conference is pretty tough, ever since UT joined.

Black_Magic
11-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by LE FAN
. You mentoned Jerry's numbers we have 3 or 4 that have been up around your 160 cutoff until we beat each other up.Then he drops them back about 10-15 points when they lose. Uhhhh Snyder played Sweetwater -lost but was picked to win by jerry so Snyder dropped... Sweetwater lost to Wylie but was picked to win so they dropped points..... Wylie lost to Snyder but was picked to beat Snyder and dropped points.... the same has happend in district 4:rolleyes: BUT they still have higher rankings... heck it is a 3way tie for District championship in 4-3A. that proves it. Right now Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie are ranked 8,9,and 10 in the state. is even one district 14 team ranked in the top 20?