PDA

View Full Version : Yes, we are 4A now

LowDownDawg
02-04-2004, 10:55 AM
but it will in all likelihood only last 2 years. The freshman class is huge, but the classes behind them will drop us back to 3A. Unless of course they drop the numbers in the next realignment. Those of you that have been envious of the success that Burnet has had the last 3 years and are waiting for us to get our butts kicked, it might or might not happen. The combined records for the 3 high school teams last year were 29-1. Granted we have a lot of shoes to fill, but the UIL gods were kind to us by placing us in Dist 27. Our predistrict schedule is going to be interesting to say the least and we will probably struggle in the beginning. For those of you in Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper, it must be nice to think that this year the road to the Div 1 championship won't have to go through Burnet. Good luck to you. I'm out.

Rabbit'93
02-04-2004, 11:10 AM
LowDownDawg:
but it will in all likelihood only last 2 years. The freshman class is huge, but the classes behind them will drop us back to 3A. Unless of course they drop the numbers in the next realignment. Those of you that have been envious of the success that Burnet has had the last 3 years and are waiting for us to get our butts kicked, it might or might not happen. The combined records for the 3 high school teams last year were 29-1. Granted we have a lot of shoes to fill, but the UIL gods were kind to us by placing us in Dist 27. Our predistrict schedule is going to be interesting to say the least and we will probably struggle in the beginning. For those of you in Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper, it must be nice to think that this year the road to the Div 1 championship won't have to go through Burnet. Good luck to you. I'm out.Wow that was rather arrogant of you.

duckbutter
02-04-2004, 11:12 AM
I don't think the Div I title would have come through Burnet this yr anyway. All of the studs are gone.

KTJ
02-04-2004, 11:12 AM
And I think you'll be in 4A for a while...

Phil C
02-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Low that also means that if Burnet and Sinton had meant in the the regionals again in 2004 that we in Sinton won't get to travel the 265 miles to Waco to play and enjoy the City of Waco and the travel! I'm so mad that I'm steaming!

LowDownDawg
02-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Rabbit, like they say, No brag, just fact. You know the kind of stuff that has been said about Burnet the last couple of years. Some of it was merited, but most of it wasn't. People always like to take potshots at the programs that are winning. Granted, we didn't win it all, but at least we played for it all. We don't have to fall back on the "we played them a closer game than anyone else, therefore we are better than the team they beat in the championship". Forney is going to take lumps also. And I do believe that we will come back to 3A in two years, Burnet is not growing that fast. Phil, Sinton is probably glad they don't have to play in Waco also. I didn't care one way or another. Coached in West Texas and we made those kind of trips every week.

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Well, thanks for your humble speech, LowDownDog. It will be so sad to see you go.
I for one, never was against Burnet's team, just thought Burnet had some really arrogant posters, not referring to you, of course. I only wish Burnet well in their new home. And I too, think the district you were given is weak, very weak.
Lucky you! Hopefully, one day, Burnet will win a State Championship. Let me tell you, it is a feeling you will never forget....I still get chill bumps thinking about it!! :D I'm in!!

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 12:01 PM
LowDownDawg:
but it will in all likelihood only last 2 years. The freshman class is huge, but the classes behind them will drop us back to 3A. Unless of course they drop the numbers in the next realignment. Those of you that have been envious of the success that Burnet has had the last 3 years and are waiting for us to get our butts kicked, it might or might not happen. The combined records for the 3 high school teams last year were 29-1. Granted we have a lot of shoes to fill, but the UIL gods were kind to us by placing us in Dist 27. Our predistrict schedule is going to be interesting to say the least and we will probably struggle in the beginning. For those of you in Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper, it must be nice to think that this year the road to the Div 1 championship won't have to go through Burnet. Good luck to you. I'm out.Well let me be the first to thank you for allowing the lowly likes of Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper the chance to compete without all those vicious Burnet Bulldogs to stand in the way. :rolleyes: You do realize that some of the Burnet bashing happened because of posts like this. You're cocky, arrogant, and that my friend is why people don't like "some" of the Burnet posters. The majority of posters are really nice people that contribute to an intellectual conversation. Sure all of us enjoy stirring things up every now and then, but do us all a favor and save the above comments for your 4A MESSAGE BOARD! :D

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 12:12 PM
JasperDog94:

LowDownDawg:
but it will in all likelihood only last 2 years. The freshman class is huge, but the classes behind them will drop us back to 3A. Unless of course they drop the numbers in the next realignment. Those of you that have been envious of the success that Burnet has had the last 3 years and are waiting for us to get our butts kicked, it might or might not happen. The combined records for the 3 high school teams last year were 29-1. Granted we have a lot of shoes to fill, but the UIL gods were kind to us by placing us in Dist 27. Our predistrict schedule is going to be interesting to say the least and we will probably struggle in the beginning. For those of you in Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper, it must be nice to think that this year the road to the Div 1 championship won't have to go through Burnet. Good luck to you. I'm out.Well let me be the first to thank you for allowing the lowly likes of Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper the chance to compete without all those vicious Burnet Bulldogs to stand in the way. :rolleyes: You do realize that some of the Burnet bashing happened because of posts like this. You're cocky, arrogant, and that my friend is why people don't like "some" of the Burnet posters. The majority of posters are really nice people that contribute to an intellectual conversation. Sure all of us enjoy stirring things up every now and then, but do us all a favor and save the above comments for your 4A MESSAGE BOARD! :D .
:cool: I'll second that! :D

spiveyrat
02-04-2004, 12:26 PM
LowDownDawg:
For those of you in Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper, it must be nice to think that this year the road to the Div 1 championship won't have to go through Burnet. Good luck to you. I'm out.FYI, Jasper may not get to go the Division I route this year. Silsbee's enrollment is bigger than Jasper's. So, if Silsbee and Jasper both make it, Silsbee goes Div I and Jasper goes Div II.

LowDownDawg
02-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Sorry you guys can't take a little dig from a school moving up that beat all of you the last two years. Don't tell me that you were not hoping that Burnet wouldn't get beat before we played, because you know that's not true. Jasper played a great game this year, but I remember all the smack you guys laid down the year before about that awesome defense that had so many shutouts, and that we would just be a speedbump, and then the Sinton thing this year, no biggie. I am sure Bandera's trophy was sweet, wish we could have taken the title in our division that year also. We also know who the better team was that year, proved it on the grass. I am sure glad you guys have such thick skin, makes an easy target for people like me.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Good God. It's your lack of humility that makes you a target! It's not a Burnet thing, it's something totally different about certain posters and their arrogance.

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 12:49 PM
I was actually looking forward to a rematch with Burnet this past year. Who knows what would've happened had our running back not been injured. Late in the fourth quarter when Jasper had the ball, you can bet you would've gotten a steady dose of Marlon Cook. But guess what? We didn't have him. Oh well, that's the breaks.

You mention that Jasper said that Burnet would just be a bump in the road two years ago. Please realize that not everyone from Jasper was saying that. Just like not everyone from Burnet is as arrogant and pompous as you seem to be. It's fans like you that make people root for the other team. If you look at the Jasper posters from two years ago vs. the ones from this last year, it looks like we learned our lesson: humility. Something you obviously know nothing about. :rolleyes:

BTW - I thought you said that you were out?

District303aPastPlayer
02-04-2004, 12:49 PM
LowDownDawg:
Those of you that have been envious of the success that Burnet has had the last 3 years and are waiting for us to get our butts kicked, it might or might not happen. The combined records for the 3 high school teams last year were 29-1. .... For those of you in Wharton, Sinton, and Jasper, it must be nice to think that this year the road to the Div 1 championship won't have to go through Burnet. Ya know... this reminds me alot of Mathis... Didnt they ride the back of a couple of studs.. then boom... drop off the radar? Also, didnt you lose TWO straight years in the finals... and you say you onl have 1 loss? my friend, i believe that you addition is wrong. Also.. this is a 3A board... so, you may make your exit and take you whining, complaining and all other garble to the 4A board when you can be laughed upon for being a 4A team in 3a and not being able to follow through. thank you, you are DISMISSED

LowDownDawg
02-04-2004, 01:01 PM
As it says in the first post, last year 29-1, learn to read before posting.

poncho
02-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I predict this topic will generate 60 post. Before people get tired of it and see it for what it is!!!!!!! :cool:

Keith7
02-04-2004, 02:03 PM
LowDownDawg:
As it says in the first post, last year 29-1, learn to read before posting.Gainesville's senior class that won state this year, went 1-9 their freshmen year

LowDownDawg
02-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Congrats on the trophy Keith, it was a great game, too bad someone had to lose. Previous year's success doesn't always translate, but I would rather be 10-0 from the previous year any day.

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 02:14 PM
LowDownDawg:
Congrats on the trophy Keith, it was a great game, too bad someone had to lose. Previous year's success doesn't always translate, but I would rather be 10-0 from the previous year any day.That may just mean that they pulled some of the top players up to varsity to get them some experience. Of course that's just a guess.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Well, I've said it before and will say it again: I don't have a problem with Burnet. In fact, I hold them in high regards. They have a heck-of-a program going there. I'm glad I've had the chance to make many numerous online friendships with many of their posters who represent their community with tons of class. Again...
Kudos to Burnet. :cool:

olddawggreen
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
LowDownDawg:
Sorry you guys can't take a little dig from a school moving up that beat all of you the last two years. Don't tell me that you were not hoping that Burnet wouldn't get beat before we played, because you know that's not true. Jasper played a great game this year, but I remember all the smack you guys laid down the year before about that awesome defense that had so many shutouts, and that we would just be a speedbump, and then the Sinton thing this year, no biggie. I am sure Bandera's trophy was sweet, wish we could have taken the title in our division that year also. We also know who the better team was that year, proved it on the grass. I am sure glad you guys have such thick skin, makes an easy target for people like me.Paintball are you already stirring things up this year?

dawgdad
02-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Never did want to seem "arrogant", maybe prideful is what we are. Any one of you whose schools are doing well are sure to boast about your team. It's only natural to crow when you are proud of something. If in your opinion this is cocky, maybe it is, but opinions are like __-holes,everyone has one. Most winners will get cocky that way sometimes,they have the right to be. GO BURNET BULLDOGS !!! No one can doubt that we had a great team- the most total passing yardage combination EVER in Texas state high school history!! All you winers can never take that or the pride of that away!!! Good luck to all you 3A teams next season, it's been a great two years.

olddawggreen
02-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Well, thanks for your humble speech, LowDownDog. It will be so sad to see you go.
I for one, never was against Burnet's team, just thought Burnet had some really arrogant posters, not referring to you, of course. I only wish Burnet well in their new home. And I too, think the district you were given is weak, very weak.
Lucky you! Hopefully, one day, Burnet will win a State Championship. Let me tell you, it is a feeling you will never forget....I still get chill bumps thinking about it!! :D I'm in!!BanderaYaYa, call me uninformed, but I can't imagine any district that would include two New Braunfels High Schools as being weak. Maybe Im wrong but I sense a challenge on the horizon.

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2004, 04:23 PM
LowDownDawg:
I am sure Bandera's trophy was sweet, wish we could have taken the title in our division that year also. We also know who the better team was that year, proved it on the grass. I am sure glad you guys have such thick skin, makes an easy target for people like me.....uh, are you making a lame dig at Bandera, because we lost to you? Hey! We did lose to you!!
Yeah, you won!! WooHoo!! So what? Doesn't mean anything to us. We have THE trophy and until you get one for yourselves(for proof), you can say NOTHING that means anything to us!! :D Why don't you just leave gracefully, instead of bringing up all this crap....show a little dignity why don't you! No, instead we just get another earful of your "blah, blah, Burnet, blah, blah". I'm sure you'll be able to hold your own with the 4A posters...shall we call ahead and introduce you?? :D

To all the OTHER Burnet posters: Hate to see you go, don't forget us, and good luck to ya'll next year!!

olddawggreen
02-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Ya Ya Im sure a lot of us will still be here. I personally have a great interest in keeping up with our past opponants in 3A. Ive met some great people on this site and plan to visit here often next year.

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2004, 04:38 PM
olddawggreen:

Bandera YaYa:
Lucky you! Hopefully, one day, Burnet will win a State Championship. Let me tell you, it is a feeling you will never forget....I still get chill bumps thinking about it!! :D I'm in!!BanderaYaYa, call me uninformed, but I can't imagine any district that would include two New Braunfels High Schools as being weak. Maybe Im wrong but I sense a challenge on the horizon.Ok, well, not as weak as I sounded, but certainly not 4A powerhouses! (I got my info from a coach.) But anyway, I do hope ya'll do well....I was behind Burnet all the way, the last two years! I will keep in touch with how well you are doing next year. Believe me, I want nothing but the best for the team...it's this snotty poster that got my feathers ruffled!!

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2004, 04:41 PM
olddawggreen:
Ya Ya Im sure a lot of us will still be here. I personally have a great interest in keeping up with our past opponants in 3A. Ive met some great people on this site and plan to visit here often next year.Good!! Glad to hear it!! I'll be looking out for you too!! :)

lotus67
02-04-2004, 07:30 PM
And THEY call Burnet arrogant,YaYa seems to know way to much about it and just blew some out herself

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 09:39 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and defend YaYa.
Unless it's feminist agendas and women's soccer. She's normally humble!!! :D :D :D
J/K
dawgdad, olddawggreen and YaYa I've heard better from all of you. Let's not let this transition for the next year affect us all, now! WOW! 3A is gonna change, bigtime, isn't it?
Maybe not?
Maybe Marlin and Cuero will take it all this next year??? eek!

olddawggreen
02-04-2004, 10:25 PM
SintonFan:
Unless it's feminist agendas and women's soccer. She's normally humble!!! :D :D :D
J/K
dawgdad, olddawggreen and YaYa I've heard better from all of you. Let's not let this transition for the next year affect us all, now! WOW! 3A is gonna change, bigtime, isn't it?
Maybe not?
Maybe Marlin and Cuero will take it all this next year??? eek! SintonFan, no need to defend YaYa from me, I think shes been a great poster on this site. I get agrivated with arrogant posters sometimes my self. I wasnt arguing with her, just having a discussion. eek!

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

Chief Woodman
02-04-2004, 11:30 PM
dawgdad:
Never did want to seem "arrogant", maybe prideful is what we are. Any one of you whose schools are doing well are sure to boast about your team. It's only natural to crow when you are proud of something. If in your opinion this is cocky, maybe it is, but opinions are like __-holes,everyone has one. Most winners will get cocky that way sometimes,they have the right to be. GO BURNET BULLDOGS !!! No one can doubt that we had a great team- the most total passing yardage combination EVER in Texas state high school history!! All you winers can never take that or the pride of that away!!! Good luck to all you 3A teams next season, it's been a great two years.That may be short lived...Dane and Christian of Decatur are not far behind....and they still have one more year.

SintonFan
02-05-2004, 12:26 AM
olddawggreen:

SintonFan:
J/K
Maybe not?
Maybe Marlin and Cuero will take it all this next year??? eek! SintonFan, no need to defend YaYa from me, I think shes been a great poster on this site. I get agrivated with arrogant posters sometimes my self. I wasnt arguing with her, just having a discussion. eek! .
God knows every time I try to defend YaYa it just goes bad, doesn't it? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-017.gif

spiveyrat
02-05-2004, 07:25 AM
LowDownDawg:
Sorry you guys can't take a little dig from a school moving up that beat all of you the last two years. Don't tell me that you were not hoping that Burnet wouldn't get beat before we played, because you know that's not true. Jasper played a great game this year, but I remember all the smack you guys laid down the year before about that awesome defense that had so many shutouts, and that we would just be a speedbump, and then the Sinton thing this year, no biggie. I am sure Bandera's trophy was sweet, wish we could have taken the title in our division that year also. We also know who the better team was that year, proved it on the grass. I am sure glad you guys have such thick skin, makes an easy target for people like me.Personally, I was looking forward to the Burnet game this past year. Revenge is always sweet. So, NO, I don't think we were HOPING that Burnet would stumble before we met. In fact, I'd love another shot at ya. BUT, after YOUR recent posts, I for one am glad Burnet moved up to 4A as it will probably lessen your activity on this board. Good riddance. :rolleyes:

LogieJoeBean001
02-05-2004, 12:34 PM
In all likelihood, Burnet and Wharton would not have met next year, or the next, anyway because it has been said that Wharton will probably go Div II instead of Div I this next coming year. There are a couple of schools in Wharton's district that are supposed to be larger now.

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2004, 05:16 PM
lotus67:
And THEY call Burnet arrogant,YaYa seems to know way to much about it and just blew some out herself...again, I was just trying to make a point.....and just what did I BLOW OUT??? eek! :D

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2004, 05:22 PM
SintonFan:

olddawggreen:

SintonFan:
J/K
Maybe not?
Maybe Marlin and Cuero will take it all this next year??? eek! SintonFan, no need to defend YaYa from me, I think shes been a great poster on this site. I get agrivated with arrogant posters sometimes my self. I wasnt arguing with her, just having a discussion. eek! .
God knows every time I try to defend YaYa it just goes bad, doesn't it? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-017.gifOh Lordy, I can't stop laughing!! You sir are my Knight in shining armor!! Thanks for defending me, I do very much appreciate it!!

Sorry, but I was only trying to give him a taste of his own medicine....to let him know how HE sounded.....come on, read a little between the lines!!
:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Good luck, Burnet, in your new district next year. It hasn't been that many years since Dripping Springs & Lake Travis moved up and out. I wouldn't be surprised to see our two teams continue to meet. If we do, at least it will no longer be "Week 10" hype it has been the last two years. Even though you're moving up, we hope you continue to visit from time to time.