PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason Sinton is No.1

sinfan75
10-05-2002, 08:21 PM
All the sports writers were invited to Sinton by an unknown source and were treated to tortilla burgers.When they finished they all agreed-SINTON NO.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
10-05-2002, 08:26 PM
Dang, a tortilla burger is all that took? Those sportswriters are dumber than I thought! I woulda held out for a slice of peach pie too. :D

sinfan75
10-05-2002, 08:42 PM
I thought it sounded pretty good myself.Too bad they're closed.What'd ya think of G-P vs. RF!Didn't surprise me too much.

sinton66
10-05-2002, 08:50 PM
The margin surprized me a little, I thought RF would fare a little better. Did you see the Calallen/TM results? THAT was a surprize big time!

eye of the tiger
10-05-2002, 10:09 PM
I should have known. It was the old tortilla burger trick. Nothing to do at all with the Pirates total domination on the field. A good tortilla burger and probablly a cold beer and they simply had no choice but to vote Sinton number 1.

<small>[ October 05, 2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: eye of the tiger ]</small>

sinton66
10-05-2002, 10:31 PM
It really surprizes me about the ease with which they can be had. I would have demanded a cobbler at the very least. I might even have threatened to bring up the "E" word if they didn't comply. Sportswriters just have no pride at all! wink

3ABirdMan
10-05-2002, 11:40 PM
i Thought the reAL rEasoN for The Good pOll Outlook woulD have remained a seCret fOr A Considerable lengtH of tIme, but, No, i was wronG! :D

sinton66
10-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Well, somebody stayed up late one night when there was a bunch of silliness going on. Well done, you could be on to something! wink

eye of the tiger
10-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Nicely done birdman and I agree.

footballgal
10-07-2002, 10:13 PM
eek! Thats all we have to do??

So, what you're saying is, that all we have to do at PI is make a BIG fish fry, with all the trimmings and invite all the sports writers?!?
OOOKKK, you should have told me that sooner, I will start makin the invitations right now.

You Sinton guys are just too much hehehe :D !!

sinton66
10-07-2002, 10:17 PM
FISHburger???????? I don't know about that one. Even lowly sportswriters can't be THAT hard up, can they? Maybe if you throw in some onion rings. :D

footballgal
10-07-2002, 10:23 PM
sinton66:
FISHburger???????? I don't know about that one. Even lowly sportswriters can't be THAT hard up, can they? Maybe if you throw in some onion rings. :D Nnnooo, No fishburger, I am talkin about a real "Fish Fry", Fried fish, fried shrimp, scallops, oysters, and even a little fried squid. Then, more shrimp scampi style, with a side dish of rice & shrimp, then shrimp on a stick, boiled shrimp, jumbo stuff shrimp, etc, etc. sounding like Bubba (Forrest Gump) Then a jumbo pot of seafood gumbo, or my favorite some fresh "Ceviche"mmmm ... that will make you strong for a couple of days. hehe wink

sinton66
10-07-2002, 10:27 PM
Tee Hee, I knew what you meant, I was just funnin' ya! wink

footballgal
10-07-2002, 10:38 PM
sinton66:
Tee Hee, I knew what you meant, I was just funnin' ya! wink I know you were :) , but I had to put a better thought/picture in people minds, since that mental picture of a fishburger just was stinking up my mind. hehe! :D

sinton66
10-07-2002, 10:43 PM
You're right about that, and a nice picture it was, I was looking in the pantry for my lemon pepper! wink

footballgal
10-07-2002, 10:46 PM
sinton66:
You're right about that, and a nice picture it was, I was looking in the pantry for my lemon pepper! wink Hehee, thats right that Lemon pepper, with a big squeeze of real lemon and a BIG blub of Tarter sauce the one with lemon in it. :p

PPHSfan
10-07-2002, 10:53 PM
If I were Sinton I would be trying to find a way to get the sportscasters to leave me alone. Being ranked number one in Texas has been mighty rough on teams for the past few weeks. You may wanna try spiking next weeks tortilla burgers with some hot sauce from New York City.

"October 18th, 2002" The game of the century. Where will you be? eek!

WpSr03
10-07-2002, 11:33 PM
Tortilla burger... Man, where the heck is Sinton? I really got to try one of these... :)

SintonFan
10-07-2002, 11:42 PM
WpSr03, Sinton is about 12 miles north of Corpus Christi.

75, I knew you were on to something. Those tortilla burgers always get 'em.

<small>[ October 08, 2002, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
10-07-2002, 11:45 PM
LOL... Hehe, I stayed up here this week. We went to Sea World. Gonna leave SA by 4:40 to make the game. It's gonna be fun and am looking forward to it.

<small>[ October 07, 2002, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

sinton66
10-07-2002, 11:45 PM
SintonFan:
WpSr03, Sinton is about 12 miles north of Corpus Christi.

75, I knew you were on to something. Those tortilla burgers always get 'em.

PPHSfan, please PM me and tell me the source of your smileys. That is cool...Heh,heh, been awhile since you drove from Sinton to Corpus, huh? Or maybe you're talking about air miles? wink

sinton66
10-07-2002, 11:54 PM
PPHSfan:
If I were Sinton I would be trying to find a way to get the sportscasters to leave me alone. Being ranked number one in Texas has been mighty rough on teams for the past few weeks. You may wanna try spiking next weeks tortilla burgers with some hot sauce from New York City.

"October 18th, 2002" The game of the century. Where will you be? eek! Dude, did you read this thread? I'm doing everything I can to make the sportswriters mad at Sinton. I want them to go write about duck hunting or something! Also, I got hot sauce that would cower even the toughest pallette, and it's made right here in Houston. It's called "Death by Stupidity". wink

PPHSfan
10-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Wow 66 has never called me Dude. LOL Next thing you know he will be wanting to borrow my hot rod. :D :D :D

sinton66
10-08-2002, 12:09 AM
It's a term of endearment, I thought. Too many years with the kids in the Scout Troop calling EVERYBODY "Dude". It was either that or "Duh!".
:D :D :D

sinfan75
10-08-2002, 04:48 AM
footballgal:

sinton66:
FISHburger???????? I don't know about that one. Even lowly sportswriters can't be THAT hard up, can they? Maybe if you throw in some onion rings. :D Nnnooo, No fishburger, I am talkin about a real "Fish Fry", Fried fish, fried shrimp, scallops, oysters, and even a little fried squid. Then, more shrimp scampi style, with a side dish of rice & shrimp, then shrimp on a stick, boiled shrimp, jumbo stuff shrimp, etc, etc. sounding like Bubba (Forrest Gump) Then a jumbo pot of seafood gumbo, or my favorite some fresh "Ceviche"mmmm ... that will make you strong for a couple of days. hehe wink Now ya makin hungry for seafood!!

eye of the tiger
10-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Footballgal Im not a sportswriter but I do love a good fishfry. Let me know when. Ill stock up on tortilla burgers when I pass through Sinton and that will last me til I get to Port I.

SintonFan
10-08-2002, 10:38 PM
eye of the tiger:
Footballgal Im not a sportswriter but I do love a good fishfry. Let me know when. Ill stock up on tortilla burgers when I pass through Sinton and that will last me til I get to Port I.Somebody stop this!!!
Tortilla Burgers!!!
Fish Fry from footballgal!!!!!
Gonna go hungry like 75...
I'm on a diet!!!!!
You people are really mean!!!! :confused: :p wink

sinton66
10-08-2002, 11:11 PM
eye of the tiger:
Footballgal Im not a sportswriter but I do love a good fishfry. Let me know when. Ill stock up on tortilla burgers when I pass through Sinton and that will last me til I get to Port I.I'm not a sportswriter either, and wouldn't admit it if I was, if I can't come , I'll just be so sad.
http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/sosad.gif

<small>[ October 08, 2002, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Reveille
10-09-2002, 09:30 AM
PPHSfan:
Wow 66 has never called me Dude. LOL Next thing you know he will be wanting to borrow my hot rod. :D :D :D Watch out, he may try to sell you a Dell. wink