PDA

View Full Version : University of Houston and Southlake Carroll

chugbug
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Just for Grins. What would be the score between Southlake Carroll an the University of Houston?

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
we have discussed this before.....i believe i was told that " colleges are the very best of high school athletes" and southlake would not have a chance.....even though most of their team will go to D1 schools.....i think it might be a good game!!!!

KTJ
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
UH by a lot.

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
UH 75 SLC 0

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Houston 121
SLC 0

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 01:49 PM
this is a ridiculous post....and people that think this would be a competitive football contest have absolutely zero knowledge of football, the greatest game ever created.

chugbug
11-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I have seen Uof H's defense and I think that SLC Could score on them numerous times.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PlayaJBiehl20
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Houston would smash SLC. SLC couldn't even beat a Division 3 school.

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
this is like asking what the score would be between USC and the 49ers or Texans. I would take the pro team by 35 points ANY day!!!

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
and at least pick a BAD div 1 team like Rice or somebody....picking Houston which is capable of putting up A LOT of points (though they don't have much of a defense) would make the game get out of hand.

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and at least pick a BAD div 1 team like Rice or somebody....picking Houston which is capable of putting up A LOT of points (though they don't have much of a defense) would make the game get out of hand.

A bad Div.I team?.....hell, an average JC team would dismantle SLC. Give me a stinkin' break!

BullFrog Dad
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
How about Graham vs. the Cougars. Hmmm

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
i figured that since most of SLC players will go D1 schools it would be an alright game??? ............but i guess i see where it wouldn't being as colleges are the VERY best of high school!!!!......

3afan
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
UH whatever they want, SLC 0

3afan
11-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
A bad Div.I team?.....hell, an average JC team would dismantle SLC. Give me a stinkin' break!

agree - its not even worth discussing

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
it doesnt matter, Burnet would kill both of them :D

whtfbplaya
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
I for one would bet the bank that SC could score on dam near any college team!

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 02:21 PM
please tell me you're kidding....they wouldn't be able to get a pass off. SLC is a great H.S. team, that is all. I would bet that not one of SLC's players could be a productive starter on any team. What has C.Daniels done for Mizzou this year?

Black_Magic
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
How about this....
NM State 56
SLC 3 after a fumbled snap that is kickd forward. ( SLC ) 3 and out and kicks a 42 yard FG:thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
I for one would bet the bank that SC could score on dam near any college team!

i'll take that bet, now line em up against USC...

HillBoy
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I bet SLC could beat Prarie View A&M. They were pretty bad do they still have a footballl team?

zeus63
11-02-2005, 03:46 PM
There is no comparison between a college football team and a high school football team, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE!! Just because half there team is GOING TO play D1 ball doesn't mean that that is the level of ball they are playing right now. This is like comparing a varsity football team playing against a jr. hgh team.

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
How about Graham vs. the Cougars. Hmmm

you have to take Graham in that one!!! Hell they beat Wylie.

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by HillBoy
I bet SLC could beat Prarie View A&M. They were pretty bad do they still have a footballl team?

Ok well prairie view.. thats just not funny man. They are just terrible.

jet sweep
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
Just for Grins. What would be the score between Southlake Carroll an the University of Houston?

Maybe you should know that Houston is ranked in the top 20 in the nation in total offense. I'm guessing that SLC would have some problems stopping them....just a guess though.

big daddy russ
11-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
we have discussed this before.....i believe i was told that " colleges are the very best of high school athletes" and southlake would not have a chance.....even though most of their team will go to D1 schools.....i think it might be a good game!!!!
Take your 8th grade team and line them up against your district's All-District team. That's what you're doing with SLC vs. Houston.

SLC's average age is 17, lining up against a bunch of guys who, at 21 or 22, are MUCH more physically developed than these kids. Bigger, faster, quicker, better understanding of the game. The same amount of development happens between the ages of 13 and 17 as does between 17 and 21.

My brother, who was a backup WR on his senior squad, went back to Ingleside last Christmas and played a pickup game with some of his classmates and some of the HS players. He's 21, hasn't played a whole heck of a lot since HS, but has stayed in decent shape. Those HS kids had just made the playoffs, were still in football shape, and four were going onto college to play.

Brad (my brother) and his classmates (only one of which had played any football at all since HS) waxed the floor with those kids. Brad covered our stud WR on defense and lined up against him on offense and had his way with that kid... and this was against a guy who played in a spread offense.

NO WAY... NO COMPETITION WHATSOEVER. SLC only has eight guys projected to possibly go D-I. Some will probably wind up at I-AA schools like Sam Houston, SFA or Texas State... where they may never see the football field.

The University of Houston has some 74 D-IA players, at least 35 of which see the field every Saturday. Just about any Junior College (they do pick their talent after all) could beat SLC handily.

Who?
11-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
I have seen Uof H's defense and I think that SLC Could score on them numerous times.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You've seen Houston's defense against college teams which, as everyone has stated, is the best of the best of high school football players. I'm with pretty much everyone in saying...no comparison.

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Fat-bottomed girls, and jacka$$es, make the world go 'round!

HPLJ6L
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok well prairie view.. thats just not funny man. They are just terrible.

PV would whup SLC's butt. Without question. The Dragons are an excellent HS team but vs. NCAA any level they would get stomped. Now Juco.....

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
PV would whup SLC's butt. Without question. The Dragons are an excellent HS team but vs. NCAA any level they would get stomped. Now Juco.....

......JC is prodominately NCAA talent, with poor grades.

mwynn05
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
When I watch us sometimes I wonder if we could beat a high school team

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
When I watch us sometimes I wonder if we could beat a high school team

now THAT is funny :D

JR2004
11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Like another poster spelled out pretty clearly, there's a big difference in how developed the players are from the HS level to college. SLC is a very good HS football team, but the jump from being 16-18 to just 19 or 20 in age is enormous. UofH or anyone else could pick their score against SLC.

NateDawg39
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Houston would smash SLC. SLC couldn't even beat a Division 3 school.
Im sure even a D3 school third string could whip SLC...HERE WE GO PEOPLE!!! SOUTH LAKE IS A GOOD TEAM, BUT THEY ARE HIGHSCHOOL!!!! COLLEGE IS A LEVEL ABOVE HIGHSCHOOL..THINK OF COLLEGE LIKE THE 8TH LEVEL OF MARIO BROTHERS...THE FIRST 7 ARE PRETTY EASY BUT 8 IS SUPER TOUGH.IN OTHER WORDS, HIGHSCHOOL IS LEVELS 1-7 AND COLLEGE IS THE 8TH LEVEL.AND THE NFL IS FAR BEYOND ANYTHING ELSE.:D:hand:

whtfbplaya
11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Ok you line em up and then you can have it!

falcons79
11-02-2005, 05:53 PM
I will have to agree with u of h winning, the reason I say that is my son plays for u of h, and he would be the first to tell you that there is no comparison to the difference between playing high school ball and moving to a div I football program. He thought two a days were hard, but after working out with a college team he say high school workouts were a breeze....

HillBoy
11-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by falcons79
I will have to agree with u of h winning, the reason I say that is my son plays for u of h, and he would be the first to tell you that there is no comparison to the difference between playing high school ball and moving to a div I football program. He thought two a days were hard, but after working out with a college team he say high school workouts were a breeze....

I have heard guys say it is about the same and then others say it is alot harder. I guess it matters who you play for.

Leopards,class of 75
11-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
this is like asking what the score would be between USC and the 49ers or Texans. I would take the pro team by 35 points ANY day!!! Or probaly more like 45-50 points.

whereugo
11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Let's see - that would be Southlake Carroll VS Stephenville - LOL

big daddy russ
11-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by HillBoy
I have heard guys say it is about the same and then others say it is alot harder. I guess it matters who you play for.
None of my friends who went on to college ball or even just people I know who played at that level said HS was easier... not even remotely close. One of my best buds in HS went to D-III TLU as a RB during the first year they had a football program. Said there was no comparison between HS and college.

This coming from a kid who, his freshman year, was their third-leading rusher and led his team in rushing every year after that. Had D-I talent and said that he never expected D-III players to be so tough.

Imagine the 10 best players in your entire district. Now imagine a coach working their butts 10 times harder and studying 10 times more game film than they did in HS. Those guys make up your average D-III team.

AggiesAreWe
11-03-2005, 12:22 AM
This thread is a joke, right? I mean, it's joke, for real? C'mon, whoever started this thread is probably going to vote for Hilary Clinton for president, right? This is a joke, huh fellows?

chs_#75
11-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
This thread is a joke, right? I mean, it's joke, for real? C'mon, whoever started this thread is probably going to vote for Hilary Clinton for president, right? This is a joke, huh fellows?

there's and aggie for ya.....

mustang04
11-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
that dont make too much sense....USC's defense isnt as great as their offense

maybe put SLC's offense against...Miami's defense...oh devin hestin would have fun....he's #4 i believe, BEST DB in college right now i think