PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever felt bad....

jakarta101
11-02-2005, 12:33 PM
for beating a team horribly or goin to a game and seeing a team get the crap kicked out of them.....

WitchyWoman
11-02-2005, 12:35 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING???????? :rolleyes: THIS IS TEXAS FOOTBALL!!!

whtfbplaya
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Not playing, But sometimes Refing.

jakarta101
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
sometimes the scores are down right embarassing.....

jakarta101
11-02-2005, 12:37 PM
anyone remember any stories

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by jakarta101
anyone remember any stories

Sintons 2001 run to the state title game... the playoffs... and some of the regular season game...

big daddy russ
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
When Ingleside's varsity played against CC West Oso back in 1993. I was only in 8th grade, but I still remember that game.

WO was a horrible team back then. They've always had talent, but that talent just never cared for the gridiron. They were one of those teams that wanted football to get over with just so they could play roundball.

Ingleside wasn't a great team by any stretch of the imagination, but we were in a four-dog hunt for the playoffs.

Da Bears didn't stand a chance. We went up by something like 40-0 at the half. Coach Peel knew the game was over, so he sent in the second-stringers for the second half. Scored three more TD's in the third quarter. So he sent in the third stringers that we did have.

By the end of it all, it was 77-0... and that was with our third-stringers holding back. I was a waterboy for that game (we used to pull two off the JH football team for the varsity games), just remember all the players talking about how horrible the Bears were.

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
No

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I've always heard coaches say that they didn't want to run up the score and humiliate the oppossing team because what comes around, goes around. BS!!! It's football!!! The only move I make, is getting my starters out, and their backups in, to prevent injury, and to get the youngsters some experience....I'll also keep the clock moving. If they can't stop my backups on the trap, or the sweep, that is what I'll keep hittin' em with. If the coach on the other side of the field doesn't want to get humiliated, he should do a better job of coaching his kids up, and it will be a lesson to all involved, even my boys.

lostaussie
11-02-2005, 06:02 PM
i remember in like 1st through third grade, i couldn't wait for the saturday morning newspaper to find out how bad big sandy had beaten their opponents. 80's were common and they hit the 90's a time or two. 3 state championships in a row. the days of david overstreet and lovie smith.

smustangs
11-02-2005, 08:11 PM
i love beatin a team by 40 or 50 or more. i agree pull your starters and keep the clock runnin but if they cant stop it put of 80 or 90 on em' i think we could have hit 80 a couple times last year but coach j wouldnt do it

bulldogbark
11-02-2005, 08:53 PM
couple of years ago Jasper played Huntington at Hunitngton,,,first we had to bring our own chairs because the stadium was so small. then as you looked across the field there were only about 15 to 20 players there. the score got so bad. I was just wishing the game would end. then at halftime when their band came out they had 4 or 5 football players that had to march with the band. I really felt sorry for Huntington, But also i felt good about their students taking pride in their school and doing what had to be done.

Pmoney
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
no i leave it all on the field

Gobbla2001
11-02-2005, 08:59 PM
I felt bad for 5A Victoria Stroman's J.V. my freshmen year... We played 'em as freshmen and really killed them, they just weren't a very organized team...

I even felt bad when I sacked their QB the last play of the game, but I was excited too......

Okay, knew one of the guys on the team, so I kinda felt bad for him, other than that, get the hell off of our field...

gobblerfan02
11-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey gobbla, remember your freshman year in the playoffs against mathis......they put the freshman squad in the game halfway through the 4th quarter and they ended up scoring twice!!!!!!!!!! To me, that was a little slap in the face!

Gobbla2001
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Hey gobbla, remember your freshman year in the playoffs against mathis......they put the freshman squad in the game halfway through the 4th quarter and they ended up scoring twice!!!!!!!!!! To me, that was a little slap in the face!

Hell yah I remember that... JV went in during the 3rd QT... just couldn't stop scoring and stoppin' 'em... 67-20...

Too bad Sealy waxed us the next round...:(