PDA

View Full Version : Huffman 35 - Orangefield 6

trojandad
09-06-2003, 12:14 AM
Chronicle shows that Orangefield had 4 more first downs and were within 40 total yards of Huffman, but looks like Orangefield lost 3 fumbles and had two touchdown runs of 1 yard as well as 51 and 81 yard breakaway runs early. Guess it's not 21 3-A's night.

3ABirdMan
09-06-2003, 12:22 AM
I saw this score when I got home tonight. WOW! I did not expect that outcome. I expect my Orange-wearing friends to come back strong, though. wink

And, yeah, lloks like Anahuac is the Lone Ranger in the "W" column tonight!

Bobkat
09-06-2003, 12:30 AM
Congrats to the Falcons, they took advantage of Bobcat turnovers and scored all four times. The game was much closer than the score indicated with Huffman scoring late in the game after that fourth turnover. No excuses here they deserved the win, good teams take advantage of mistakes and they did. Defensively the Cats played tough despite being on the field all night. The offense moved the ball well, but fumbles and interceptions gave Huffman a short field all night long. The Cats also had a long touchdown pass called back early in the game and then they fumbled the next play. Huffman scored the very next play and that sort of set the tone for the rest of the night. Huffman is better than I thought they would be and they will give people fits in that district. Orangefield will be okay as well. We still have four starters out with our tailback and all district tackle likely out till district starts. But we're building depth with three sophmore starters on defense. We'll be okay once district starts.

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

RBARKER
09-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Huffman scored 55 last week this team may be the real deal. 22-3A is looking tougher and tougher I don't know who is goin to win District this year.

Bobkat
09-06-2003, 08:25 AM
RBarker they're going to make some waves in yalls district. They're big, both offensive tackles are HUGE. One's 6'6" 290 and the other is 6'3" 310. There not flashy, they line up and run straight at you. They have a pretty good tailback that runs north and south and has some decent speed and they don't play alot of players both ways. I enjoyed watching them play, very well coached team. They took advantage of every Orangefield mistake. Should be an interesting year.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2003, 09:41 AM
I had a strong feeling that H-H will be able to compete well, this season. That School Distrct is going to grow. I look for someone to capitalize on this growth and put together a sustaining football program; as they crowd the upper enrollment of 3A, in a few years...Sounds like OF just gave it away on fumbles. All is not lost, OF has a good coaching crew and they will have them playing competitive ball by District play.

Eagles52
09-06-2003, 03:29 PM
from middle school on up the toughest games I've played in district are always with huffman and liberty they both play hard should be fun in 22-3a this year without any clear dominant teams as of yet

super1
09-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Congratulations to first year Head Coach Baker. Sounds like he has the Falcons flying high!

bhillfan
09-07-2003, 11:40 AM
hey how is huffman like passing wise, are they more of a running team or how is that outlook? just something for BH to prepare for

lbc05
09-08-2003, 01:40 PM
yeah huffman had that size last year.. but not the running back cruz or whatever his name is .. he sounds like he is good ..but they are still yet to prove anything in district for that past few years... but maybe theyll be good this year..who knows..

HEy bobkat what did Huffman like to line up and do on offense

Bobkat
09-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey lbc05, they pretty much just run right at you. They don't do anything fancy really, they're big and have a pretty good tailback. They run alot of stuff off tackle, and run some counters and traps. Every once in a while they would try to get outside on a sweep or pitch, but mostly they ran between the tackles. They have a pretty good offensive line, with two HUGE tackles. They have no passing game, atleast they didn't against us. They are well coached and they don't kill themselves with turnovers or penalties, although on several occassions they could have called holding against them. Orangefield didn't get the calls against them, but that didn't decide the game. Turnovers killed us and Huffman scored on every one. Three of their five TD drives were less than 20 yards, so we gave them a short field most of the night. Orangefield actually had five more firstdowns and the total yardage was almost even, we just couldn't get the ball in the endzone. Our QB threw for almost 200 yards against them and we had a 80 yard TD called back. So teams will be able to move the ball on them. They wore us out because we have several kids right now going both ways due to injuries and they only had 1 or 2 kids going both ways. I think they'll be in the race for that 3rd spot, but in my opinion their not quite ready to play with the big boys of the district. But that being said, I think they're going to be tough to beat at home. Good Luck!!!

<small>[ September 08, 2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>