PDA

View Full Version : Who brings the biggest crowd to away games

CenTexSports
11-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Who has filled your visitors side with the most fans, the loudest fans, or the most obnoxious fans?

Old QB
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Bellville always has a large following. We can be loud - but have never known us to be obnoxious.

SnyderMom
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Gotta give it to Sweetwater

Bullaholic
11-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
Gotta give it to Sweetwater

Everybody repent! It must be the "End of Days"---Snyder and Sweetwater are "complimenting" each other.:D Nice, honest reply, Snydermom.

Bubba-Joe
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Carefull snymom
folks will start to think that you are an intellegent person if you say nice things about S'water- either that or the snyder folks will think you have been drinkin on your birthday

neck_94
11-02-2005, 11:43 AM
not palacios, i think i counted 68 people in the stands... yes, for a varsity game...

unless they had a lot of fans disguised as empty bleachers...

Bubba-Joe
11-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Everybody repent! It must be the "End of Days"---Snyder and Sweetwater are "complimenting" each other.:D Nice, honest reply, Snydermom.

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!

zeus63
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
When I was a sophmore in high school we played Stephenville at Shotwell Stadium and Stephencille brought almost 9,000 people. Total attendance at the game was somewhere in the range of 15,000 people. (Remeber this is still when Snyder was a lot larger and a 4A football team.)

WOS92
11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Port Neches-Groves in 20-4A. When they made it to state in 1999, there were more than 20,000 reportedly there in purple at the Dome.

Johnnypaycheck
11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
STAFFORD
i think i heard their pre game sale of tickets totaled out at 15 tickets sold total...

palacios brought more than stafford did to our game...

big daddy russ
11-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Sinton and Burnet have HUGE followings.

LE FAN
11-02-2005, 01:07 PM
For a small town I say Atlanta. I always say when the rabbits are on the road anyone could rob that town. No one is there... Truth!

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
last year in big spring us and snyder fans were about equal as far as numbers but i think they might have been a bit louder.....could be wrong because i was busy screaming....but snyder always brings a nice crowd!!

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
not to be a homer but I can say that pretty much any playoff game that Wylie has had as far back as I can remember we have had as many if not more people there than the other team. i.e. 2000 at Birdville against Aledo and Everman. They are MUCH closer but Wylie still had their side of the stadium full. Last year...Cuero and Wylie were both about equal. The place was packed.

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
not to be a homer but I can say that pretty much any playoff game that Wylie has had as far back as I can remember we have had as many if not more people there than the other team. i.e. 2000 at Birdville against Aledo and Everman. They are MUCH closer but Wylie still had their side of the stadium full. Last year...Cuero and Wylie were both about equal. The place was packed.

there was a mess load of ppl from wylie in sndyer last week....if snyder wouldn't have sold out the visitors side to other sndyer folks i bet there would have been more.........i talked to yalls honey's from wylie...WOW!!!......

Gobbla2001
11-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Saw WO-S bring about 500,000 people to Pearland this year... Not only was it a preseason game, it was a long haul just to get there... you would have thought it was a playoff game (hell I did)... brought more than Bay City (who they were playing) and Bay City is closer to Pearland than WO-S is...

Was talking to one of our shift supervisors today, he's from 2A Ganado, they usually bring decent crowds to their games... Said this past Friday Ganado was down by 3 TD's with 3 minutes left and 6 people, including him and his wife were sitting down watching the game...

Ganado won in OT...

Gobbla2001
11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I think Wylie paid Abilene High and Cooper fans to fill the stadium for the State game (jk), there were tons of people there from Wylie...

The week before, Cuero packed their side of Round Rock ISD's stadium, a lot of people there...

5A San Benito's crowd wrapped all of the way around to the other side of Alamo Stadium smothering the Smithson Valley fans in the 3rd round this past year... lots of people, and were they excited... "3rd and 10, the San Benito runner gets the ball, runs up the middle for a gain of 3 and the Greyhounds have to punt the ball"... You'd figure it'd be an 'awww'... hell nah, it was like they had just won the state championship game on a hail-mary...

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Port Neches-Groves in 20-4A. When they made it to state in 1999, there were more than 20,000 reportedly there in purple at the Dome.

yeah I remember watching that game on TV. They played right after Stephenville vs LaMarque (i think). I think the attendance that day was somewhere over 40,000 if my memory serves me right...i'm getting old ya know!

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
there was a mess load of ppl from wylie in sndyer last week....if snyder wouldn't have sold out the visitors side to other sndyer folks i bet there would have been more.........i talked to yalls honey's from wylie...WOW!!!......

you should go to the Wylie/Clyde game when its in Clyde. Wylie's band takes up about 80% of the visitors stands so you end up with Wylie fans standing along the fence all the way down the sidelines plus many that take lawn chairs and sit behind the endzones. That is one game that not as many people go out to though because of the lack of stand capacity. IT IS TERRIBLE!!!

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think Wylie paid Abilene High and Cooper fans to fill the stadium for the State game (jk), there were tons of people there from Wylie...

Sometimes you gotta pay people...how do you think we stay in 3A every year! ;) ;) oops...shouldn't have said that. I bet somebody turns me into the UIL for that one! :D :D :D

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
you should go to the Wylie/Clyde game when its in Clyde. Wylie's band takes up about 80% of the visitors stands so you end up with Wylie fans standing along the fence all the way down the sidelines plus many that take lawn chairs and sit behind the endzones. That is one game that not as many people go out to though because of the lack of stand capacity. IT IS TERRIBLE!!!

Ok im gonna get on my soapbox here:

I think the band adds alot to the game experience. I think they are valuable to the team and the fans.. but when you go to a rinkie dink six man field like Clyde the band ought to stand and let paying fans sit in the "bleachers" and I use that term loosely.

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I think the band adds alot to the game experience. I think they are valuable to the team and the fans.. but when you go to a rinkie dink six man field like Clyde the band ought to stand and let paying fans sit in the "bleachers" and I use that term loosely.

why...you REALLY want to get splinters in your [geez...I gotta use modifications again RMom...:rolleyes: ] "butt"

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
San Benito came up from the valley to play the mighty Warriors for our homecoming, and this was the only time I ever saw the visitors side of Round Rock's Dragon Stadium competely full....I bet they had at least 15 charter buses for the 7-9 hour trip. We killed 'em and sent them packing, thanks for coming!

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM

LOL.......i have never seen their stadium....apparently i'm not missing much???

RBARKER
11-02-2005, 01:58 PM
We have played Bridge City in two playoff games over the years and they have brought a very good crowd to both games. BH travels well also we usually have more that the opossing team.

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
LOL.......i have never seen their stadium....apparently i'm not missing much???

go to www.wyliesports.com and look through pictures from Wylie/Clyde the last few years. It's SAD!!!

PlayaJBiehl20
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Wylie brings a large croud but they're not obnoxious.

XWylieMom
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM

Well - beine a band mom - not going to comment injured! hahaha but I will say most 3a schools in don't have as large of a band as we do - they do take up space!

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by XWylieMom
Well - beine a band mom - not going to comment injured! hahaha but I will say most 3a schools in don't have as large of a band as we do - they do take up space!

I love the Wylie band. Im a big fan of Mike Lunney's also. He and the assistants do a great job. I also loved the Drum Majors spider costume at Snyder. I would have been dying trying to figure out which set of hands to follow.

NateDawg39
11-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think they are losing there minds

WOS92
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah I remember watching that game on TV. They played right after Stephenville vs LaMarque (i think). I think the attendance that day was somewhere over 40,000 if my memory serves me right...i'm getting old ya know!

Actually PN-G WAS the team that played Stephenville... They beat LaMarque en route to the title game.

Buckeyeman
11-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Gilmer always has a big crowd for away games.
In fact, Gilmer had so many fans at Gladewater this year that the Buckeye Band sat on the Gladewater side next to the Bear Band.

bulldogbark
11-02-2005, 07:27 PM
everytime PNG played at Jasper we had overflow,,, they always have a following.

AggiesAreWe
11-03-2005, 12:02 AM
I do believe I am correct on this, but I attended the largest crowd for a Texas high school football game. It was the 1977 state championship game between Port Neches-Groves and Plano. It was in Texas Stadium and the attendance for that game was over 46,000. If someone who can check the record books for me, please do. I would like to know if this still stands.

eagles_victory
11-03-2005, 12:23 AM
I heard somewhere that one year Plano played Highland Park at Texas Stadium and it drew 50,000 people.

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 09:45 AM
The SLC and Abilene High game last year they said was the biggest crowd they had ever had at texas Stadium for a high school game. Especially when you added in the fans from the other games before and after.